Weekend Event 12/11/15 ~ Celebrate the Festival of Lights with Love, It's a Date! :)

Comments

• SassyVoguetteSassyVoguette Registered Users 1,510 Posts
    My box today... These earrings are haunting me!

29wppck.jpg
    Vats has my heart. Forever. 💕

iOS
    07/2014 
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Charli wrote: »
    So far I've won the Polar Bear sweater. Are there less items for the guys? 5 different tops and a pair of pants, that's all I've seen.

Looks like it. Girls have more, 8 or 9.
    PM to add
  • SpleenSpleen Registered Users 321 Posts
    Spending 10 kstars and receiving 3 is a bit unfair I think :(
    I just opened my fourth set of boxes today and still didn't get a christmas item when I already spent 45 kstars on them...
    I'm angry now :mad: I should really save my kstars for the next vip event, such a waste ^^

• BobbieMBobbieM Registered Users 789 Posts
    Spleen wrote: »
    Spending 10 kstars and receiving 3 is a bit too much I think :(
    I just opened my fourth set of boxes today and still didn't get a christmas item when I already spent 45 kstars on them...
    I'm angry now :mad: I should really save my kstars for the next vip event, such a waste ^^

Well don't be too angry, some of us don't even get daily boxes (like me) so I don't even have a CHANCE to win a holiday item!
    Brooklyn (GC is Bobbie629) • A+++ Player!
    • Married to Jackson White (GC is MomBLuz6) • Comeback #1
    • Daily player for Kim Kardashian Hollywood
    • iOS Player Only • Mommy to Baby Annabelle & Elijah!
    Please excuse the type-o's.. I'm on my phone and it doesn't like to write what I'm typing!
  • SpleenSpleen Registered Users 321 Posts
    BobbieM wrote: »
    Well don't be too angry, some of us don't even get daily boxes (like me) so I don't even have a CHANCE to win a holiday item!

Wow I'm sorry for you then... That's really unfair :/

• IlanawexlerIlanawexler Registered Users 130 Posts
    I just opened my gift box and received those stupid white high waisted pants that I already owned?
  • HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    DMV_Doll wrote: »
    Now I just need the white dress :)

PhotoGrid_1450103893213_zpsecpzixm9.jpg

You are having serious gift box luck! Congratulations!!!
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • cocofabulouscocofabulous Registered Users 442 Posts
    DMV_Doll wrote: »
    Now I just need the white dress :)

PhotoGrid_1450103893213_zpsecpzixm9.jpg

So jealous! I still haven't gotten anything special. :(
    GC: Coco Fabulous
  • JulianafacJulianafac Registered Users 10 Posts
    I got the white dress, a dark blue high wasted pants and a pair of boots. The white dress is soooo stunning, so is the boots. I want the glittery jacket(?), thats soooo pretty.
    So jealous! I still haven't gotten anything special. :(

I won the sparkly blue blazer day one but NOTHING since then. I've wasted 25 k stars every day for nothing but Kash and energy. :-(
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    Ugh, the other day I got those ugly beige-y 10 K star pumps. Yuckkkk. I haven't seen the polar bear sweater either, or the one with the roses.😕
    Wow, so cool you're sweeping it! I wish I could even get just one....😥💖
    Yikes, and ahhhhh, sorrryyyyyy! I know, I hate those. But you got a 2nd pair?? I was so hoping something like that wouldn't happen in the game. Not fair.🙈💜
    I agree, I get angry too. So I did in fact stop wasting my stars on the boxes, keeping them to use for the events as well, and for things in the store I really want, that's it. It always seems to be a huge waste buying boxes, particularly the one--"one"--being the key word here--time I wasted 40 stars for a box with an ugly jumpsuit. It's really super rare for me to waste even 10 stars. Good luck, bae.🌟💜🌟
    Me yesterday. Same. And seriously, it *is* upsetting. What *would* they do if we ALL went on strike?? And started spending a big, fat ZERO on this game?!🙅🏻😒
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    I just opened my gift box and received those stupid white high waisted pants that I already owned?

There are some 'very' similar white pants, and very similar black pants in the wardrobe. Look at it this way, especially with the white ones, if you put on a pair, and they have a little stain from the picnic last week, toss them in a pile and try on another pair.

:) Seriously though, I thought this was happening, till I saw just how similar but one thing different a lot of the clothes are like. If you want to be sure this isn't happening, you could take screenshots of everything in your wardrobe, then as you get an item in the giftbox you think you have......go back and check the screenshots. It's the only way for peace of mind. Either that or you flip the switch and say, 'the game makes you cray cray' and then you just accept it imagined warts and all.

I'm finding a few days in to the giftboxes, they're getting a little better for me. Law of averages says if they stink at the beginning, they must get better. But you can't set your heart on a specific item and chase it. That is the stuff broken dreams are made of. I went deep for a few things, and never caught them. When I relax, ready to accept whatever it is, I do better. And if you want to spend 25 Stars a day, you can select 3 giftboxes per day.

Good luck.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Stardust1Stardust1 Registered Users 764 Posts
    Not a good weekend for me. After 6 hours of flying from Brazil to Colombia, I got home and my computer decided it didn't like the trip and died...Xime didn't even got to start the event. Garrett was able to win everything but the coat and we really liked it. I'm sure the next one is going to be better but I'm so mad Xime didn't get the hair!!!
    Xime level 30
    Let's be KKH friends!
    XIME and JAX got married! See them in their celebration Here
  • IlanawexlerIlanawexler Registered Users 130 Posts
    I'm positive I've collected these pants before I've used them in the last two voting events. There's two white pairs that you might think I'm getting confused but I still owned both of them prior to the holiday boxes. I wouldn't say I chase items, even if I really like gift box items I never use k stars to open boxes because the odds are abysmal. The only time I spend k stars to open a box is when I'm rewarded with another box by doing so in a vip event.
    isabeau wrote: »
    Hi Koko! First, I want to say I think you're awesome. Second...I'm curious to know your recipe for chicken soup to see how both of ours compare. I use the same recipe my mother, grandmother, great grandmother, and etc. used. I'm wondering especially because, I don't know any other Jewish person besides me who makes chicken soup (and by that I mean my friends!). My mother died a few months ago, and so this year I had a big crowd of my family for Rosh Hoshanah and Yom Kippur, and they were all like, this soup is really good, did you get it at a store? And I said no, I made it--along with everything else!--by myself! Heh, heh. Everyone's been at a really big loss, with my mother just gone, and it helped me a lot being so engrossed in cooking soooo many things, I didn't have time to think or cry for a change. Tell me your recipe, doll!

Im so envious that you have a recipe that has been passed from generation to generation. What a special legacy to pass on. I know how hard the holidays are when you've recently lost a loved one but I hope being surrounded by the smells & taste of your family dishes helped you feel close to your Mom.

I'm sure your friends were amazed to learn you did all the cooking. Cooking is becoming something of a lost art as more and more people rely on store bought items.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,169 Posts
    Facebook sleuths confirmed a VIP event for this weekend. I will be glad to have a break from grinding!
    iOS
    AliBryant wrote: »
    Facebook sleuths confirmed a VIP event for this weekend. I will be glad to have a break from grinding!

Ooh. Any photos yet?
    Ooh. Any photos yet?

Not yet. Usually Thursday afternoon for those.
    iOS
    AliBryant wrote: »

Usually I hate those but I'm dying for some Balmain for Dixie and James needs to earn k stars.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    HollySisk wrote: »
    Usually I hate those but I'm dying for some Balmain for Dixie and James needs to earn k stars.

We're all gonna go Balmain crazy this weekend!
    I don't know if I am happy or sad regarding the VIP event. I am happy that I won't grind, but I have only 160 k stars. I still haven't bought the jet, I wanted to adopt a baby, because clearly Glu Love Gods don't love me and because I love the holiday stuff for babies, and I want some of the Balmain stuff..
    Decisions, decisions..

iOS
    07/2014 
    I don't know if I am happy or sad regarding the VIP event. I am happy that I won't grind, but I have only 160 k stars. I still haven't bought the jet, I wanted to adopt a baby, because clearly Glu Love Gods don't love me and because I love the holiday stuff for babies, and I want some of the Balmain stuff..
    Decisions, decisions..

Don't adopt the baby.... That's a lot of K stars for something that lives in the nursery 24/7. I'd feel differently if the baby was more involved in our day to day game.

Now... Plane VS Balmain. That's a tough one. I think you'll choose fashion over function.

:-)
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    Got the sunglasses in my gift box today. Had to open 3 boxes though! Still chasing the sequin blazer.
    iOS
  • AmyTAmyT Registered Users 1,164 Posts
    Decisions, decisions..
    HollySisk wrote: »
    Don't adopt the baby.... That's a lot of K stars for something that lives in the nursery 24/7. I'd feel differently if the baby was more involved in our day to day game.

Now... Plane VS Balmain. That's a tough one. I think you'll choose fashion over function.

:-)

I agree with Holly's thoughts about paying Kstars to adopt a baby. I only adopted because I wanted a girl after having a boy the first time round.

Why don't you buy the jet and then one or two of the cheaper Balmain items? Then you can have both fashion and function lol!!!
    Top 20 +++
    My doll's name is Madison :)
    (~~ one cat short of crazy! ~~)

iOS player ~~ GC AmyTMadison
    Pm me if you'd like to add Madison on Facebook :)

#fangsforNai
    Holly, you know me too well hahahah I too think it will be fashion over function :D
    Although Amy's advice isn't bad too :D I'll think about it

It won't be baby, I'm almost 90% sure.. I'll choose Balmain over anything (this sounds so heartless, I know) ;) #SorryNotSorry

iOS
    07/2014 
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    I have rewritten this post a dozen times. Bottom line, I don't care. This is a non post. And the weekend event is over. Closing the thread.

Get your giftbox pictures ready, Holly is opening a new thread just for those items. :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary