Wednesday Patriotic Party!

VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
FzB5Wkx.jpg

Hello Stars and Starlets!

The year of 2015 is coming to an end, and this was a very special year, because I met all of you! So many beautiful people coming from all over the world ...

So today we will celebrate the origins of our dolls!

Dress your dolls with clothes inspired by their home countries! Here's Vats:

e24dQpQ.jpg

And since we're in a multicultural party, you can also post songs that are hits right now in your country!

Let's have fun guys!

7Je22Ij.jpg?1
Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
Prev1

Comments

• CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,496 Posts
    What a cute idea! And you're stunning as usual, Vats :o

VHZJNed.jpg

[video=vimeo;107731074]
  • SassyVoguetteSassyVoguette Registered Users 1,510 Posts
    Lovely idea as always Vats! That's why I love your Wednesday threads - always unique!

Btw I didn't knew you were Brasilian!!! Based on your doll looks I thought you were one of those handsome Australian surf boys :D

Brb with my look.

Btw I have dual citizenship, so can I post both? :)
    Vats has my heart. Forever. 💕

iOS
    07/2014 
  • ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    2yor29f.jpg

#Stars&Stripes4Ever

this song isn't a current hit but it is indeed keeping in theme with the whole patriotic vibe.
    GC: Zoë Strange
    2w4b4zl.jpg

124vhow.jpg

Ok, so here a video from my fav singer. He was the most popular singer on the Balkans, everyone loved him. He made so many charity concerts, build a church, an absolute angel.. he even sang like one.. unfortunately he died in a car accident years ago, but still my heart breaks everytime I hear his voice.. my country won't ever forget him, we cry for him still.. we are so proud we had the privilege to know and support and love such person.. Here on this video he sings one the oldest Macedonian folklor songs and it is said that he sang it even better than the original :)

And here is something that is trending currently in Bulgaria, among young people :) This is Bulgarian pop music

And this is Bulgarian CHALGA music - it often contains explicit words, the text is always about cheating, love triangle etc.. similar to explicit usa rap songs lol

iOS
    07/2014 
  • BobbieMBobbieM Registered Users 789 Posts
    7F598C11-83E6-47C4-93F0-A0478DFEC48B_zps5xxg3vgy.jpg
    Brooklyn & Annabelle Jackson (Alexander was out of town and missed out of the photo ��)
    Brooklyn (GC is Bobbie629) • A+++ Player!
    • Married to Jackson White (GC is MomBLuz6) • Comeback #1
    • Daily player for Kim Kardashian Hollywood
    • iOS Player Only • Mommy to Baby Annabelle & Elijah!
    Please excuse the type-o's.. I'm on my phone and it doesn't like to write what I'm typing!
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Thank you Cherrey, your doll isn't behind! We share some connection, cause my ancestors came from Germany!

Sassy good job your doll looks great on both nationalities! I'll remember that when I'm in Australia, I'll keep my mouth shut to mingle with the local guys!

Zoye I'm jealous of your edit abilities! Erica and Charli the cat are cute together!

Bobbie Brooklyn is very patriotic huh? Since the beggining teaching her baby to love her country!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    Vats wrote: »

Sassy good job your doll looks great on both nationalities! I'll remember that when I'm in Australia, I'll keep my mouth shut to mingle with the local guys!

Thanks :) And I must say - I love BRASIL! And NEYMAR! And Ronaldo ( the old one lol)! Every World Cup, my favs are Brasil! I even have Neymar's jersey! Vai Neymar #10! Vai Brasil! LOL

iOS
    07/2014 
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Love this idea, Vats! And you look awshum.

Zoye, I love that song ever since I heard it from one of the singing auditions.

Sassy, cool, dual citizenship!

Nice to know where everyone is from.

I will post mine in a bit!
    PM to add
  • CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,496 Posts
    Thank you Cherrey, your doll isn't behind! We share some connection, cause my ancestors came from Germany!

Really? That's cool! And I love Brasil. I think it's the country with the best pool of genes :D

And thank you! I got a compliment from the most attractive male doll in the boards :rolleyes:
  • AmyTAmyT Registered Users 1,164 Posts
    This is such a cool idea, I love it, Vats :)

I was born in Scotland, my dad's side of the family are Scottish through and through. I lived the until I was 5 (so I used to have a little Scottish accent as a child lol!). We then moved to Newcastle upon Tyne (North East England) and I still have a Geordie accent even though I left at 18. Google Geordie Shore, I sound like that hahahaha!
    On my mum's side, she is half Irish, half Catalan :)
    94FA7523-0AFD-4421-8B5A-8E0D04354CB1_zpsaxoynvkk.jpg

As for music, these aren't in the charts now but I love them.
    For Scotland, the beautiful national anthem
    [video=youtube_share;TwNTWaMHv2E]http://youtu.be/TwNTWaMHv2E[/video]

For Ireland, I love The Corrs. The song means 'son of Ireland' and it's sung in Gaelic :)
    [video=youtube_share;kiVh_tGfb6M]http://youtu.be/kiVh_tGfb6M[/video]

And I love this song by Shakira, I know she's not Catalan or Spanish, but this song was popular during one of the summers I spent over there working in my auntie's restaurant :) the song was played everywhere you went! It always reminds me of that summer :)
    [video=youtube_share;DUT5rEU6pqM]http://youtu.be/DUT5rEU6pqM[/video]
    Top 20 +++
    My doll's name is Madison :)
    (~~ one cat short of crazy! ~~)

iOS player ~~ GC AmyTMadison
    Pm me if you'd like to add Madison on Facebook :)

#fangsforNai
    LOL Sassy let's cross our fingers for Neymar to win the title of best player of the world next year! I loved the first song that you posted, didn't understand a word, but reached my heart!

Wow Cherrey * blush *! Vats is very flattered with your compliment, thanks, too bad he is married (twice by the way lol), that's arrest case in my country!

Nai waiting for Xan!

Amy loved to see your doll and read your story, my country has many different accents, but if you want to know how is mine just look any video with Gisele Bündchen, we were born in the same state in southern Brazil, call us gauchos!
    9woyfzT.jpg?1
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    This is such a great idea for a thread Vats. I would have to identify myself as an Honduran American. I am born & raised in Brooklyn, NY (USA) and my parents are from Honduras since that's my nationality.

tmp_1999_Pics_Art_12_16_12_43_44949716420.jpg

tmp_1999_Pics_Art_12_16_12_54_241755701221.jpg

screenshot on pc

This is one of my favorite songs from Miley Cyrus. That was definitely a hit from her on my country.

[video=youtube_share;M11SvDtPBhA]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=M11SvDtPBhA[/video]

I love this song from Jay-Z because he's representing my city and we're both originally from the same location.

[video=youtube_share;6yU0PfAigE0]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6yU0PfAigE0[/video]

I don't know about famous artists from my parents country, but I love this song from David Archuleta. He's Honduran American just like me.

[video=youtube_share;6J1-eYBbspA]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6J1-eYBbspA[/video]
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Katherine.Katherine. Registered Users 66 Posts
    2lwxahu.jpg
    I'm an American. One of my favorite current songs is Hold On Forever by Rob Thomas, but my phone doesn't seem to want me to pull up the URL!
    My Game Center is HHANNAH99, feel free to add me!
    LOL Sassy let's cross our fingers for Neymar to win the title of best player of the world next year! I loved the first song that you posted, didn't understand a word, but reached my heart!

Oh I hope he wins it, he deserves it!

Btw here's the lyrics of the first song:

Set, set, Bright Sun,
    Set, darken yourself,
    You too, bright Moon,
    Go away, drown your self

Mourn forest, mourn my sister
    Let's mourn both
    You for your leaves, oh forest,
    Me, for my youth

Your leaves, forest, my sister
    Will come back to you again
    My youth, forest, oh sister
    It's not coming back

It's impossible to translate the absolute meaning of the song the way we Macedonians hear it.. Indeed it's touching. It's like a second anthem to us :)

iOS
    07/2014 
  • SpleenSpleen Registered Users 321 Posts
    Such a lovely idea Vats, I love what everyone shared!

As for me I'm 100% Belgian (it was hard to find yellow stuff to go with my outfit tho ^^)

Belgium.png

[IMG]https://scontent-bru2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtf1/v/t34.0-12/12388144_10208329296652623_1732068038_n.jpg?oh=07e d19b7dd5ba3bf01cd9bf1a0c01868&oe=5673919D[/IMG]

And here are three songs from three different Belgian singers :

The first one is our Eurovision 2015 song, we finished 4th ^^

This one is a song about cancer from an artist I really love.
    (my mother got cancer five years ago so it touches me)

The last one is from Jacques Brel, a very well known singer in Belgium. He died more than 30 years ago and is still very popular.

• CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    Both of my countries have same colors on the flag!

I was born and raised in Saudi Arabia, but on a residence permit. No one can claim Saudi citizenship unless their parents are from Arab ancestry. So that's my hometown, spent half of my life there. And I love their food!

Then we moved to Pakistan. From absolute monarchy to a republic, oh the freedom! But there are so many misconceptions... I was shocked by it's portrayal in Homeland season 4. It's such a beautiful place in reality, diverse and multicultural! And the language, so crisp! I adore Urdu. Proud citizen. <3

hlB458K.jpg

This song is on top of the charts these days. From an upcoming movie, sung by Atif Aslam. He's the most popular singer here!

And this one's my personal favorite! A fusion of eastern and 80's pop.
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
    Carol I like both looks and that you have honored your ancestry!

Katherine of course you are, those boots make it evident! Is that your song?

Spleen you worked well with what you had! It's time to ask for more yellow to the wardrobe!

Charli your doll looks good with green and white, I'm glad you can enjoy more freedom, and sure there are many misconceptions about how things really are, so it's important to try to learn more about other reality than ours!

DMV luv u my all american girl! Wait, is Midori in Mexico?
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts

DMV luv u my all american girl! Wait, is Midori in Mexico?

She is!!!! Lol good catch :)
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Red and White! Born and lived here since forever.

h94qoro.jpg

I proudly present our local music. I have always listened, talked about English music from the US all my life. We are a tiny country and there is almost 0% chance to excel in music here. We have very very few singers who succeeded, and even if they did, they are mostly based in Chinese countries. If not, they are not very well known in my country. I heard a preview of this song on radio one day while driving, I loved it so much but it wasn't released yet. I learnt that it was sung by our local artist and then when I finally found it on YouTube, I played it on a daily basis.
    PM to add
    Carol I like both looks and that you have honored your ancestry!

Thanks Vats. That's what makes US so interesting. It's so diverse since it's a melting pot of people with different nationalities.
    Daily Android KKH player

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• AmyTAmyT Registered Users 1,164 Posts

Wow Cherrey * blush *! Vats is very flattered with your compliment, thanks, too bad he is married (twice by the way lol), that's arrest case in my country!

Nai waiting for Xan!

Amy loved to see your doll and read your story, my country has many different accents, but if you want to know how is mine just look any video with Gisele Bündchen, we were born in the same state in southern Brazil, call us gauchos!
    9woyfzT.jpg?1

Thanks, Vats! Omg, I LOVE Gisele! She's my favourite supermodel, she's stunning.

Everyone's so interesting, I love that I chat with people from all over the globe :)
    Top 20 +++
    My doll's name is Madison :)
    (~~ one cat short of crazy! ~~)

iOS player ~~ GC AmyTMadison
    Pm me if you'd like to add Madison on Facebook :)

#fangsforNai
  • trevoractortrevoractor Registered Users 1,114 Posts
    wearing red, white, & blue in support of America.
    image_zps6mnxzzkc.jpeg
    oh and I'm late as always lol.
    A+++ Lister // GameCenter: TrevorActor :cool:
    Oh my Nai! My jaw dropped here, very very beautiful the backdorp of your collage, Xan is perfect on it. You left me eager to know Singapore!

Trevor you are not late and your doll is amazing supporting the USA!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    Vats, I can't begin to tell you how grateful I am that you have created this most awesome thread. Thanks for the compliment, btw. I also wanted to add that the United States has a total of 51 states & each state has its own flag & culture. And by culture I mean ethnic, traditions, foods, ect.

I am from Hawaii which is the only state in the United States that has the highest Asian, Polynesian, and Pacific Islander population. That said, our culture is very different than that of the mainland, yet looking around you can still very visibly know and see that we are still in the United States of America. We are an eclectic & vibrant blend of Polynesian, Filipino, Japanese, Chinese, and Portuguese culture. We are like our unofficial state food, Saimin which is really a mix of all those nationalities in one convenient ready to eat noodle meal.

Our Christmas here is highly celebrated & it's beautiful because it's warm & sunny all year long with the soft cool island breeze caressing your body. It's a whole different vibe here than it is in the mainland.

I decided to give my doll Erica a traditionally Polynesian look and renamed her Kahealani for now, which means "heavenly mist" or "a voice from heaven". I also wanted to include a contemporary Hawaiian Christmas song that was recently featured in the TV show Hawaii Five-O.

s43l2p.jpg

#PrincessKahealani

[video=YouTube;vUAFOWkKISY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUAFOWkKISY[/video]

Mele Kalikimaka! That means Merry Christmas in Hawaiian. :o

Please Glu, make Hawaii one of your destinations... Please???? Plenny Mahalo ya.
    GC: Zoë Strange
  • BobbieMBobbieM Registered Users 789 Posts
    DMV_Doll wrote: »
    Born & raised in the USA!

PhotoGrid_1450295490138_zpsh7hcw6p2.jpg

Was that top and the hair from an event? Or did you create it? Some of y'all are so good in photo editing I cannot tell. Lol I love it. I cannot wait till we get some more of these events so I can collect cute items.
    Brooklyn (GC is Bobbie629) • A+++ Player!
    • Married to Jackson White (GC is MomBLuz6) • Comeback #1
    • Daily player for Kim Kardashian Hollywood
    • iOS Player Only • Mommy to Baby Annabelle & Elijah!
    Please excuse the type-o's.. I'm on my phone and it doesn't like to write what I'm typing!
  • stephk11stephk11 Registered Users 139 Posts
    What nice global representation on just these three pages.

My other thought while reading these posts is: I need to travel more! I'm American and have visited a lot of US states, but of all of the other cities/countries mentioned so far, I have only been to Amy T's Scotland and Newcastle.
    Zoyechka wrote: »
    I also wanted to add that the United States has a total of 51 states & each state has its own flag & culture. And by culture I mean ethnic, traditions, foods, ect.

I never represented my state's flag before. But I know what you mean though. USA seems too broad though.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• ChanrinChanrin Registered Users 516 Posts
    le-coeur-de-franse-422204.png
    Representing France like a true Parisian
    (kidding, Parisians don't smile)
    0d5d6f88-eb22-4881-8612-87a202cbf150_zpsfbu5ef0v.png~original
    Walk up to the club like what up, I got a big... attitude
    #PatrioticWednesday
    Do you hear the phone when I call ?
    Do you feel the thud when I fall?
    Do you hear the crack when I break ?

---
    #TeamCassio
    So I decided to fashionably challenge myself this time. Here's Carol Davida representing the New York state flag.

25z2vq1.jpg

I think Jay-Z song represent NYC so well. It's one of my favorites from him.

[video=YouTube;z4tqij8zsOU]http://youtu.be/z4tqij8zsOU[/video]

Whoa...wait a minute why I'm taking it back old school right now with Frank Sinatra⁉ Oh BTW both songs are definitely a hit.

[video=YouTube;EUrUfJW1JGk]http://youtu.be/EUrUfJW1JGk[/video]
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG