Weekend Event 12/18/15 ~ 'Twas the Week Before Christmas and What do we have?

kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
Now, I hesitated posting this header, heck, I hesitated adding the text. But a member wrote with such authority, that this week was to be VIP, and while I could certainly use an easy weekend called "Shop for Balmain" that makes me wonder........would they make us grind next week on Christmas?

Ok, so this is a tentative header, I went with HS9's declaration that it would be VIP, and I do believe she's spent a while assessing the patterns, and hey, no one else had any thoughts. ok, enough yap.........it's here!

WB4_Christmas.gif

This thread opening is dedicated to Luz, our good friend who is having a tough time both in the game and in life. We can't help the stress her family's suffering at this happy time, and her doll's family feeling the pain as well. Little Mateo went missing,
(someone post the milk carton please?)

The Authorities are working hard to locate him, but in the meantime, here's a song dedicated to Luz, for her game troubles at least. And remember, while her youngest is missing, she keep's her Christmastime Kool. Going with the flow, being friend to us all.

She's been absent a bit more, but having a sick relative, especially at Christmas
but she reads, and she's here, let's see if we can bring her out for a bit. so this one's for you Doll, and parents of missing game dolls everywhere.

So.......let's party.

And the Fashion thread stays the same, we'll pop in a new header on the current page
when our Eastern Ambassador of Teaser Photos, Kate Pilgrim posts the teasers. (oh, darn it. Kate, is that what I called you last week.) Please feel free to post the teasers here, and in Fashion, as soon as your group gets them.

This is an angst free zone.

Hey, let's speculate. Do YOU think it will be VIP? If so, what about Christmas weekend? Surely they wouldn't have us grinding on Christmas. This 20 pound turkey isn't going to baste itself!

((I'm hoping it will be another 'generous' voting event for next week. Everyone seems to do well. And well, Balmain is in the house. )
If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
I Am NOT a Glu Employee
🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
💜Vats
💜#VipKalinda
#RecollectionsMayVary
Prev134567

Comments

• cocofabulouscocofabulous Registered Users 442 Posts
    I get so antsy this time of the week! I'm so excited to see what's in store this weekend and I'm looking forward to buying Olivia some Balmain Christmas presents!

[video=youtube_share;Y5zaQ_vIAHE]http://youtu.be/Y5zaQ_vIAHE[/video]
    GC: Coco Fabulous
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    I have to repeat, we're ONLY GUESSING about the VIP. but....let's brainstorm.

a) Hoodstar9 said Vip, but didn't offer explanation. Still that's the only officially unofficial word on the weekend so far.
    b) We have had the Voting event twice, each after Vip events I believe.
    c) We just got Balmain, last time didn't we get a vip right after the new Karl Klothes? ANd then the next week we had voting, and there was a lot of Karl's klothes worn in voting.

So....I think we're going to have a fashion show featuring Balmain on Christmas, and this week, the VIP event where we buy all the Balmain we're going to wear nest week for Voting. I'm sorry, but Glu's pretty smahht (like Fredo) so I dont' think they plan for us to grind our way through Christmas. I know I won't be completing anything except dinner that day.

Hope that makes sense. Based on HoodStar's prediction of VIP, see how I've formulated this whole logical explanation?

A little brain is a dangerous thing. And right now I'm feeling a little dangerous. :)

I love that Mariah song. Love Mariah.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Someone else mentioned it was going to be a VIP event as well, as seen on Facebook.

Sorry I don't particularly have good memory to remember who.

Edit: Ok I checked, it was Ali.
    PM to add
  • AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,169 Posts
    Naimonster wrote: »
    Someone else mentioned it was going to be a VIP event as well, as seen on Facebook.

Sorry I don't particularly have good memory to remember who.

Edit: Ok I checked, it was Ali.

Yep it will be VIP!
    iOS
  • twofangstwofangs Registered Users 75 Posts
    Now I can justify buying a few Balmain essentials...oh yeah.

There is a black shirt calling my name and I have to decide on a dress (likely the long black one with emerald green) plus the floral jumpsuit is really growing on me.

Thanks for letting us know it is (most likely) a VIP event, here's hoping those clothes are cool!! :D

**** sending you healing vibes Luz ***
    *what scares you most will set you free*
    ~ robyn hitchc0ck
  • kateliciouslykateliciously Registered Users 422 Posts
    Oh no! I really hope it's not a VIP event or that I don't like the clothes. I don't have many K stars at the moment so I hope we can at least earn some this weekend. :)
  • SassyVoguetteSassyVoguette Registered Users 1,510 Posts
    My weekly dose of champagne.. :)

30j20c5.jpg

I think I'm kind of glad it's a VIP ( supposedly), although I'm free this weekend and I could grind. But I need to rest, it's been crazy 2 months for me, so much pressure, stress.. and I can't wait for the holidays so I can do nothing at home, just rest, read a book or two, see my family.. :) So yeah, I could use the non - grinding weekend lol
    Vats has my heart. Forever. 💕

iOS
    07/2014 
  • twofangstwofangs Registered Users 75 Posts
    My weekly dose of champagne.. :)

30j20c5.jpg

I think I'm kind of glad it's a VIP ( supposedly), although I'm free this weekend and I could grind. But I need to rest, it's been crazy 2 months for me, so much pressure, stress.. and I can't wait for the holidays so I can do nothing at home, just rest, read a book or two, see my family.. :) So yeah, I could use the non - grinding weekend lol

I agree:
    The idea of a non-grindy weekend is very welcome Sassy, I have much to do in the real world!!

We are having out-of-town guests next week so I have lots of planning and shopping and cooking to do...

Gotta say, I would *love* a glass of that champagne.::D
    *what scares you most will set you free*
    ~ robyn hitchc0ck
  • AmyTAmyT Registered Users 1,164 Posts
    Sending love and hugs to Luz. Thinking of you and your family (and your virtual one). Xo

I kinda want a VIP event since I'm quite busy this weekend. However, I only have like 83 Kstars right now, so unless I buy more or we get a free Kstar per gig, my only hope is winning a gift box item. And we all know how jinxed I am with those!!!

Happy holidays, everyone :)
    Top 20 +++
    My doll's name is Madison :)
    (~~ one cat short of crazy! ~~)

iOS player ~~ GC AmyTMadison
    Pm me if you'd like to add Madison on Facebook :)

#fangsforNai
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    this thread opening is dedicated to luz, our good friend who is having a tough time both in the game and in life. We can't help the stress her family's suffering at this happy time, and her doll's family feeling the pain as well. Little mateo went missing, (someone post the milk carton please?)

Here:
    7g6IZmw.jpg

Luz dear, we're always joking around, but we're here for you at good and bad times, ok? Hope things work out the best possible way to you and your real family!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    I chuckle every time I see this milk carton. Must have costed a bomb on advertising for so long now.

Take care Luz <3 PM me anytime you want to rant/vent/yell.
    PM to add
  • SassyVoguetteSassyVoguette Registered Users 1,510 Posts
    twofangs wrote: »
    I agree:
    The idea of a non-grindy weekend is very welcome Sassy, I have much to do in the real world!!

We are having out-of-town guests next week so I have lots of planning and shopping and cooking to do...

Gotta say, I would *love* a glass of that champagne.::D

Oh, I am sooo free this weekend, bf is working, it will be me and the cat in pyjamas all weekend :) I may go only to the Christmas market, just so I don't stay at home whole 2 days lol
    And yes, I love that champagne too, one of my favs :)

Luz, take care and be strong! xo
    Vats has my heart. Forever. 💕

iOS
    07/2014 
  • trevoractortrevoractor Registered Users 1,114 Posts
    If if is going to be VIP, will we be able to get a KStar for every gig as well? I'll probably have to buy kstars to be able to afford all the Balmain that I want and ofc I have to work all weekend again. :(

Idk if they'll give us a voting event on Christmas or if theyll just give us a Christmas-related event. Last year, we also had the gig where we did the Kardashian Christmas card and got another exclusive item for that, so maybe they'll bring that back this year?
    A+++ Lister // GameCenter: TrevorActor :cool:
  • +++Jeneen++++++Jeneen+++ Registered Users 20 Posts
    Hi there... This is my second post on the forum 😊 I am an old friend of KoKo's and I've been lurking in the forum for the last few months and playing this game for about a year. I consider this coming week my 1 year anniversary if memory serves correctly. So many of you have given great strategies I've used in the weekend events. I'm #2 in my game, have two babies, a husband, and I love weekend events! Hello all 💚feel free to friend me.
    First off, this Bish ain't old. She's absolutely wonderful. We love Bags, and she's been doing Parties or Bish Bash Friday since it's inception. On another forum, I kept getting warning because I couldn't stay on topic. lol (I know, me, right?) Kim's thread turned into one big lounge, peeps riding tricycles, living in decorated boxes behind the Bar, Dancing pickles...anyway, I got a naughty point,
    and I said I had to stay out of kim's thread. These dolls resurrected on old chat thread, and we moved in.
    Never got another Naughty point.
    oh, ok, Let me bring in an early desert for the party. I give you................................................

Image22.jpg

PONY BOY

I'm going to look for the decorations for the Bar. Jeneen.......if you don't want to get banned from helping behind the bar, you will keep your married hands off the newly married Shirtless Joe.
    ChristmasJoei1-1_zpshll7t9z7.jpg
    And, since we don't want anyone drinking Virtual Midori on an empty stomach,

lg_buffet_table.jpg

Help yourself to the buffet Dolls.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • +++Jeneen++++++Jeneen+++ Registered Users 20 Posts
    Mm mm ponyboy unicorn cake and buffet. Old Joe better keep his hands to himself. He's married now too!
    Welcome Jeneen!

VIP or not first we need a fix for the game!

And please I want grind for k-stars if it's a VIP!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    Ok, fix is in. Happened about 20 minutes ago, I was occupied elsewhere. But you should all be good now.

Hey, Jeneen, why not pic a video for us. If you need help with positng images or videios, the text boxes are invisible. see the 2nd arrow to the right of the Size in the text box above where you type? put your curses there, and move 5 spaces to the right. that's youtube. 4 invisible boxes is post and image.

One more post and your posts go automatically. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Got somethin to perk up the wait for our Eastern Ambassador (Russia is Eastern, right? Dumb Bimbo Biker Chic here, forgive me dumbness) any way. ...................for your waiting pleasure.
    Speakers up and full screen it if you can. ;)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Got somethin to perk up the wait for our Eastern Ambassador (Russia is Eastern, right? Dumb Bimbo Biker Chic here, forgive me dumbness) any way. ...................for your waiting pleasure.
    Speakers up and full screen it if you can. ;)

I got all kinds of emotional seeing this one the other day:

[video=youtube_share;HmMF5XSncG0]http://youtu.be/HmMF5XSncG0[/video]

SO FREAKING COOL.
    Katep, where are you and the teasers? Oh did you checked the cake of your birthday on the last event thread?
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • KatePillgrimKatePillgrim Registered Users 884 Posts
    Hey guys, I looked at all of my sources, but there's nothing for now... :( I promise that as soon as something comes up, I'll post it here right away!

Vats, oh, I just looked through the thread and saw it, that is so nice of you, thank you so much! This cake looks delicious! I looooooove choclate <3 Also DMV posted a very cool gif for me, awesomeeee, thanks!
    You guys are great. Hope I'll be able to please you with a teaser today! ;)

Also: I always repost them from our little cozy KKH community on vk.com! :o
    My name is Kate. Playing since 2014 *whew*
    I want to be your in-game friend! Please add me on Facebook:

Cake? We have Cake? Now where is Sol. I think they'd have great fun in this thread.

Sol was here for a weekend, then slipped off to London. I played 'lets see what youtube has for London" and this popped up. Thank you Youtube Jukebox.

Did you stay in London, or did you travel the countryside? I think if I ever went to London, I'd find my way to where the punk revolution happen, that an abby road. oh and I'd go to Leicester. I know a terrific girl there Dani. Don't worry Sol, I won't ask you if you met her. lol.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Jenn0503Jenn0503 Registered Users 41 Posts
    I keep seeing vip event what are vip event i actually dont know how its done i havent done one
    Well hi Jenn. So nice to meet you. a VIP event is where instead of dating or working to gain event points, whatever we buy with stars, hair, clothes, pets, Gift boxes, it all adds up and different levels get you the different clothes. I'll see if we can find an old, VIP meter.

But.......we ONLY said it might be VIP, because a trusted but sometimes cranky long time member said it was VIP. Maybe her esp isn't useless like mine. SO, I trust her. I went with her hunch. If it's not VIP, a Grinding we will go (working hard to fill up the event meter with dates or jobs).

I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Glad you liked Kate!

I just wish if it's a VIP that they won't put those gigs that hinder our grind (assuming that we'll receive a k-star for gig)!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • KatePillgrimKatePillgrim Registered Users 884 Posts
    So it's really a VIP.

28apbpz.jpg

14in70o.jpg

I love the black coat. May be that IS the VIP event that I will complete.

P.S. No. KStars are so effing expensive, God.
    My name is Kate. Playing since 2014 *whew*
    I want to be your in-game friend! Please add me on Facebook:

• AmyTAmyT Registered Users 1,164 Posts
    Thank you once again, Kate!!!!

I like the earnable earrings, love the coat/dress but I wish the heels were higher on the shoes.

Love all of the gift box items :) that necklace is so unusual, it's really pretty. I hope I'm not jinxed as per usual with the boxes, I'd be so pleased to win any of those items.
    Top 20 +++
    My doll's name is Madison :)
    (~~ one cat short of crazy! ~~)

iOS player ~~ GC AmyTMadison
    Pm me if you'd like to add Madison on Facebook :)

#fangsforNai
    So it's really a VIP.

28apbpz.jpg

14in70o.jpg

Yay, thank you! I don't know how I feel about the earnable outfit yet.
    People are going to be super bummed about that confetti dress.
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    So it's really a VIP.

28apbpz.jpg

14in70o.jpg

I hate the earn ables but I love the gift box items.

Come on Glu! We have too much black clothing inside of our closets already!
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections