Glitch -0 hour gig- +no more jobs + No Star Payout

Comments

• CilanCilan Registered Users 298 Posts
    I rebooted my Android and finished an 8 hour gig with no star reward. Happened just now at 7pm PST.
  • romeesromees Registered Users 2 Posts
    - I also experienced no k-star rewards earlier, but when I went for the event gig in Vegas, I got a k-star as a reward.
    - I got the gig with Jimmy available before the weekend event starts, but I leave it there because I want to finish the weekend gigs first. And I checked it just now, it is a 0hr gig.

iPhone 5 iOS 9.2
    Level 32 Female
  • Mani86Mani86 Registered Users 237 Posts
    This is getting ridiculous.. :( The problem is still not fixed. I am still only getting 0hr gigs and there's no way to earn the stars so you can spend them and win the earnables.. Glu won't make up for this and we're missing the clothes we want. It really sucks.
  • AmyTAmyT Registered Users 1,164 Posts
    Mani86 wrote: ยป
    This is getting ridiculous.. :( The problem is still not fixed. I am still only getting 0hr gigs and there's no way to earn the stars so you can spend them and win the earnables.. Glu won't make up for this and we're missing the clothes we want. It really sucks.

I know, it really, really sucks. Like, I understand glitches can happen and that Glu are trying their best to sort the issues, but I wonder if they'll be providing compensation in recognition of all the free Kstars we've missed out on? I'm just relieved that it's not a grinding weekend, that would be 10 times worse...
    Top 20 +++
    My doll's name is Madison :)
    (~~ one cat short of crazy! ~~)

iOS player ~~ GC AmyTMadison
    Pm me if you'd like to add Madison on Facebook :)

#fangsforNai
  • ButterscotchsundaeButterscotchsundae Registered Users 1 Posts
    Platform: iOS
    OS version: 9.2
    Device: iPhone 5c
    Level: 24

Same issue all gigs are 0 hour
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    I totally understand everyone's frustration. Please know that the Team IS working on it. When the event ends, You can certainly contact customer care and see what they can do for you. I'd wait, because until it's over, you don't know whether it is resolved or not.

Also, If your issue is simply the star not being awarded, I would keep track of how many stars you didn't get, with screenshots of the gig payouts. If you haven't been doing that, why not start now? And you can retrace your gigs by looking at your news feed. It will give you an idea of what you've done, if you aren't keeping track.

If you've been snagged with the 0 hour tasks, then, the total inability to play is what you're asking Customer Care to address.

Also I think I read someone saying they couldn't earn the outfit, but that is 'earned' through purchases in the wardrobe, and spending stars elsewhere, so it's not like you're not earning event points. You should still be able to purchase things, to count toward the event outfit.
    I"m sorry this is happening. But please know they ARE working to resolve these issues, and appreciate your patience.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    ๐Ÿฆ‹Purple Headed โ™Š+ ๐Ÿฅฅ Chick Playing iOS & Android ๐Ÿฆ‹
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐ŸŒŸIf you want my attention please send a dm
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Thanks Koko, I understand and agree with what you wrote above. It's just frustrating :(

Hopefully we can get sorted soon. I know Glu will be trying their best.
    Top 20 +++

#fangsforNai
    koko - I am sorry, English is my second language. :) I know it's not "earned" like other weekends, I just mean that I can't afford to buy more stars this month and I wanted to be able to grind for stars this weekend so I could buy clothes or boxes so I could get the earner items. I was up to speed with most of my gigs, so I was relying on Simon's 3hr gigs. :)
    Oh, I thought about that, and I have to be honest, I earn about 10 stars on these weekends. So, assuming I'm slow, how many stars do you usually earn in one of these weekends? I was thinking how even twice that wouldn't go very far in earning the outfit. So while even 30 Stars would be enough to purchase a Balmain top, or something, they wouldn't necessarily stand in the way of earning the outfit.

But yeah, a solid weekend of primarily 3 hour gigs would help, I just didn't think they'd make a difference between one item and another. See what customer care says when you submit a ticket, if things need resolution.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Hopefully this doesn't happen again. It wasn't solved.
    PM to add
    I'm sorry they weren't able to fix it. I agree Nai, I hope it doesn't happen again. But I'm sure that if they couldn't fix the issue already in games, at least by examining it and working on it, it will be corrected in future events.

And, I was talking to someone about shorter gigs, and recalled when I was scoring 1 hour gigs. and yeah, thinking back, I was able to grab a lot of stars, When I said it would be 20 stars at most, I was not taking into consideration 1 hour gigs. So, with the event over, if you are submitting tickets to Customer Care, hope they can do something for your inability to participate all weekend.

Now that it is over, I'm assuming regular timed gigs are coming through?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Hi Koko,

Thanks for your help with this. Since Glu is unable to fix this, would you recommend that I just start the 0 hour gig? I'm not getting anything else through since I've completed all the other storylines.

This is what my game looks like now (sorry if you didn't need the screenshot)

6E61698B-0979-40D6-A78A-DF5F3723D921_zpsihsjcnvu.png

Would the next step be to submit a ticket? I've (thankfully) never had to submit one before, however I think I know how it works.
    Top 20 +++

#fangsforNai
    Yeah, just try and get that task over with. Then come back and tell us whether your regular gigs start again, and I'll walk you through submitting the ticket.

I thought everyone went through the zero hour task already, and I think it was Nai who posted 3 0 hr gigs right after each other.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Oh, ok I didn't realise. I thought we just had to wait and see if it got fixed.

I went through with the 0 hour gig and my next gig starts in 24hrs so I'll just have to wait for that.

I just submitted a ticket :) thanks
    Top 20 +++

#fangsforNai
    and what about side gigs? Is simon calling for any? If not, we can try and refer jobs to you today.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Amy, let me know how it comes through with you ticket and if there's any compensation. I won't be sending one til then, I just don't want to be disappointed with customer care replies.

I went through with my 0h gigs and everything seems to be fine now.
    PM to add
    No I'm not getting side gigs still :( and thanks for that if you're able to, that would be fab!!!!

Ok, I'll let you know what happens, Nai.
    Top 20 +++

#fangsforNai
    How does it work if we run through the 0hr events? Will the "On a roll" achievement suffer from it?
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    I got a generic answer yesterday about my achievement problem:
    478o3si.png?1

For me that means that they won't fix the achievement problem and that they won't compensate us too!

That's a shame!

I feel very sorry for those who lost the event, cause I was able to get loads of k-stars, k$ and xp and I think it's unfair that they couldn't had the same opportunities that I had...

Yes Mani, if you do a 0s gig you're achievement will go down to 0!
    Viva La Vida ร La Vats!
    Mani86 wrote: ยป
    How does it work if we run through the 0hr events? Will the "On a roll" achievement suffer from it?

Probably. Why not check your acheivement, do a 0 hour gig and then check the achievement level again. That is something that should be brought out in your ticket, But, there is no way of telling how Glu will or can handle that.

I will be happy when everyone is getting their side gigs and playing normally, if this still isn't the case, let us know and I'll try to find out what to do about not getting gigs. I'm sorry this is still going on, and while Glu does work around the clock on fixing things, I think there is more brainpower available during the work week, so I've said it before, hang in there, and just keep letting us know what's going on.

I wish I could pass around Christmas cookies and eggnog to everyone while they wait for the issue to be repaired.

ETA: Vats just saw your response, the optimist in me says them saying they'll research it, means I would wait a respectable length of time, then reply back asking what they found out, and can you be compensated for the lost progress. One person might see their response as a dead end, but the tone of their response, does leave opportunity to revisit the situation after they have a chance to 'research' it But that's just my opinion.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I started the first of my 0hr gigs and it still says "on a roll 7", but it went from 94% to zero. Sucks, but what can you do. Just keep on playing I guess.

Thanks for the cookies and eggnog Koko. ;)
    Yum, cookies and eggnog :)

So the strangest thing just happened, I finished a 1 hour date at Oak and as I left, Simon called me with a side gig! I completed a 3 hour gig right away and everything worked as normal. But I also got a Kstar?!!!

I'm currently waiting for my energy to recharge so that I can do another side gig and see if it happens again.

My on a roll 8 achievement is back to zero, but at least things seem to be working again. I'll know more once it's time for my next storyline gig in 22 hours. Hopefully it's not another 0 hour gig!
    Top 20 +++

#fangsforNai
    My fingers are crossed that the issue has been resolved. I've been getting kStars for gigs today too. Wonder if it's a Christmas surprise. heh heh .
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    That would be so great, imagine a free Kstar per gig carrying on throughout the holidays :)

I just completed another 3 hour gig and earned a Kstar :)
    Top 20 +++

#fangsforNai
    Keep going Amy. After this weekend, you deserve it. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • PurpleZebraPurpleZebra Registered Users 1 Posts
    I've been holding off doing my 0-hour gig for a week thinking it might be fixed but it's still there ... I'm doing other gigs as part of other quests and they're all ok so it's not preventing me playing the game.

Should I just accept the gig to get rid of it or leave it hanging? I'm worried that if I did it, it might spawn another 0-hour gig!
    Yes, I would just do it and get it over with. Everyone else has been able to just do once since the event ended. So I would just eliminate it. I'm sorry you got hit with this last weekend. :(
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • wolfandbutlerwolfandbutler Registered Users 325 Posts
    I've been holding off doing my 0-hour gig for a week thinking it might be fixed but it's still there ... I'm doing other gigs as part of other quests and they're all ok so it's not preventing me playing the game.

Should I just accept the gig to get rid of it or leave it hanging? I'm worried that if I did it, it might spawn another 0-hour gig!
    This happened to my game too, but only to the one gig. I contacted Glu Support about it and just avoided the gig in question, because I'm only 8 appearances away from completing my On A Roll 7 and getting 10 (!!!) k-stars, and starting this stupid 0h0s event would ruin that roll. Glu Support told me there's nothing they can do to fix this glitch. They suggested I delay starting the event until I received my on a roll achievement, since can't restore the progess made for achievements, but now Simon has stopped calling me and it is the only gig I have left. I now have no choice but to complete it if I want more gigs.

I'm a bit ****ed off about it. Maybe some of my in-game friends can recommend me for some appearance jobs? I only need 8 more! Otherwise my 92% process is for nothing and I'll have to start the roll all over again. :(
    Ouch, I am sorry they said that Wolfie, our personal Glu Guru said take it, do it, and it should be just the one. It's NEVER good to just avoid doing one, because it does cause blockage. Wolfie......if you post a pic in the Christmas event party thread (look in my signature) I can make your Christmas gift. ;)

Purple Zebra - 1st, love your name and the imagery. 2nd. Welcome, and if you want to jump in, just follow the link to the party and say Hi. Post a pic of your doll and I'll make you a Chrismtas Gift as well.

Merry Christmas guys
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Miriam89Miriam89 Registered Users 74 Posts
    I finished two 8Hour Gigs, and no Event Points. Both started after the Event began.
    KKH IOS Player