Weekend Event 12/18/15 ~ 'Twas the Week Before Christmas and What do we have?

Comments

• isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    Fingers crossed. Eyes crossed. Even legs crossed! Pleeze start the Christmas Event on Thursday, Christmas Eve morning!!!!
  • PolkaDotPolkaDot Registered Users 1,226 Posts
    See, that would make a lot of sense. But if memory serves, they did NOT employ that sort of logic for Halloween.
    I do hope you're right, though. Guess we'll see.

I hope they start the Christmas event EARLY! People are gonna be BUSY, Glu!

As to the modeling gig/magazine cover thing. I took pix of my 'model choices' neither of whom I would have hired but had no choice. I picked the one who thought she was all that, because Maria kept telling me to make SURE the magazine sold well. (I forgot to export the pix to post here, AS USUAL haha. Will post 'em in NPC thread, when I can.)

Now I see as usual it didn't really matter. So I paid 3 K stars to charm a model who I didn't want, and to no benefit. Oh well. It did seem like her K star fee went up each time I went back to her by the way. Did I imagine that?
    isabeau wrote: »
    Fingers crossed. Eyes crossed. Even legs crossed! Pleeze start the Christmas Event on Thursday, Christmas Eve morning!!!!

Or WEDNESDAY!
  • Tarabella08Tarabella08 Registered Users 465 Posts
    I actually wonder what happened to the three hr gigs for the weekend events. We rarely get them anymore. The last gig took forever for me to complete.

I can't even remember the last time I had a 3 hr gig. I've only had 8 hr gigs, besides weekend events, for a couple months now. I wonder if that's a glitch or something. Also, Simon doesn't even call to ask about different jobs anymore.
    GC: tarabella08
    Feel free to add me! I love playing with new friends :)
    XoXo
  • HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    Dixie did not spend K stars to charm Nene and she refused to pay Kash to book that model. So, her issue is out and Maria paid her $60. I did not forget a zero... $60 Kash is my reward for THREE 6 hour gigs during a earn a k star weekend. Grrrrrrr
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • ChanrinChanrin Registered Users 516 Posts
    I CAN'T BELIEVE IT

Screenshot_2015-12-20-23-35-29_zpsmonio6nd.png

I wanted to save up for the terrific Balmain outfits but I reeeeeally loved the red dress....
    So I tried my luck and got it on first try!! I'm so happy I could cry!!
    Do you hear the phone when I call ?
    Do you feel the thud when I fall?
    Do you hear the crack when I break ?

---
    #TeamCassio
  • CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,492 Posts
    Aww, so happy for you, Chanrin! :)
  • stephk11stephk11 Registered Users 139 Posts
    AmyT wrote: »
    @Stephk111 you are a little star!!! Thank you so much for referring me for a gig, since my side gigs from Simon are blocked due to the glitch, I am unable to earn Kstars unless i wait for a weekend task to start or if someone refers me. If anyone else would like to send some gigs my way, I'll love you foreverrrrr! :)

@AmyT - You're welcome!! I had no idea of your glitch, but I'm glad it worked out so well!
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Stephk11, Someone said that after you do a gig with an NPC, you get the call about referring a friend. Is that how it happened? I get referrals, but I dont' ever get the call to refer someone. And that was awesome how you helped out AmyT that way.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Stephk11, Someone said that after you do a gig with an NPC, you get the call about referring a friend. Is that how it happened? I get referrals, but I dont' ever get the call to refer someone. And that was awesome how you helped out AmyT that way.

You don't have to have done a gig with that NPC in it, first, that I know of. (If so I haven't noticed, but, definitely not just before asking them or anything. I haven't done a gig with this NPC I picked twice to send gigs to Amy, for a while.)

I will show you in screen shots. I am using two examples for friends, because I forgot to get a full set of pix either time. I sent a gig to Amy and later, a gig to Holly's doll James. Hopefully these pix will explain the process. It is very simple.

How I do it is, I go up and click on an NPC. It has to be an NPC you have already added in your contacts.

They are either in a restaurant chilling, or it has happened during a house party too. When I click on the NPC, they say something like "Do you know anyone who would be willing to do a gig at x." The drop down menu choices will then be something like "refer friend" or "no."

So, I saw the NPC in the restaurant in Paris; I clicked the NPC; I picked "refer friend,"

74oDJbT.jpg

and chose a friend from my contact list,

kqbC49J.jpg

then choose "call,"

aRNN7a8.jpg

and it sent them the gig. The gigs vary and are random made up things, like we get when Simon calls us with "extra" gigs.

Once it has been sent, you will get a confirmation it was sent to that friend. If they are busy or they cannot get another gig today, it will say that instead.

gWSZpdD.jpg

It doesn't tell how long the gig will be when I send it, and it's random. Not every NPC will offer it. So, that's why I went on a 'world tour' looking for one to offer a gig.

If people want to send gigs to friends, just make a habit of clicking on each NPC you see. The ones still hitting on you won't offer, but the ones you have in the contact list might.
    HollySisk wrote: »
    Dixie did not spend K stars to charm Nene and she refused to pay Kash to book that model. So, her issue is out and Maria paid her $60. I did not forget a zero... $60 Kash is my reward for THREE 6 hour gigs during a earn a k star weekend. Grrrrrrr

I only got paid $100 Kash by Maria for hiring the 'hit' model for 3 K stars. So in the end you made a wise choice.
  • EselleteaEselletea Registered Users 700 Posts
    Hi everyone! I can't remember if I checked in or not. I didn't have much time this weekend to play so I guess it was good that it was a VIP event. I only bought 2 balmain tops for my dolls (one each). No special gift box items from the black boxes or the Christmas ones *sigh* feeling left out. I thought by now at least one of my dolls would have one item. I won't be surprised if i don't get anything.

Congrats to all that got the confetti dress! It's adorable!

Edit: I take that back, Jesse won the gift box watch. I get confused bc it really looks like the other watch he has!

Edit part 2: could not play much this weekend due to seeing Amy Schumer live last night ;) you know...the comedian who fell in front of Kim & Kanye!
    Currently playing 2 iOS games, PM to add!
    AmyT wrote: »
    Hmmm, maybe I wasn't paying attention and missed the extra zero?! It could well have been €1000... I don't remember. Not worth using 5 Kstars in total to charm, either way :)

Maria sent me $100 and she said my model was a success. So yeah it was VERY skimpy pay. (And btw I paid to charm both Nene, and the cover model.)
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    PolkaDot wrote: »
    Maria sent me $100 and she said my model was a success. So yeah it was VERY skimpy pay. (And btw I paid to charm both Nene, and the cover model.)

I did the complete opposite. I charmed Nene Leakes and choose the model on the left side. Maria paid me $600 when I completed the last gig.

What I don't understand is how come you'd get paid less money when you did well on all three gigs⁉

What the heck is Glu doing? Those gigs made me no sense to me because we couldn't even interview the models.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

I did the complete opposite. I charmed Nene Leakes and choose the model on the left side. Maria paid me $600 when I completed the last gig.

What I don't understand is how come you'd get paid less money when you did well on all three gigs⁉

What the heck is Glu doing? Those gigs made me no sense to me because we couldn't even interview the models.

The gigs made NO sense to me either. I'm not sure (as I said in the other thread but I think we're both cross posting at the same time Lol - Hi Carol! Lol) if some of us are missing or adding zeroes but either way, whether it was 60 and 100 Kash or 600 and 1000 Kash, it's not far enough apart that I feel like paying 5 K stars to do those gigs was worth it. Where is my huge reward for going all out? And I got 5 star ratings for the gigs too.

And my models were tore UP. I will post their pix later in the NPC thread but wow. And only two to choose from? One a total newbie and the other one thinks she hung the moon? Where was my "neither one" option? Lol I wanted to ask them more and I wanted to see their clothes too. One was sitting down and the other was mostly hidden behind people. And it was in a bar. How is that a professional interview?

Just weird, to me.
    The gigs made NO sense to me either. I'm not sure (as I said in the other thread but I think we're both cross posting at the same time Lol - Hi Carol! Lol) if some of us are missing or adding zeroes but either way, whether it was 60 and 100 Kash or 600 and 1000 Kash, it's not far enough apart that I feel like paying 5 K stars to do those gigs was worth it. Where is my huge reward for going all out? And I got 5 star ratings for the gigs too.

And my models were tore UP. I will post their pix later in the NPC thread but wow. And only two to choose from? One a total newbie and the other one thinks she hung the moon? Where was my "neither one" option? Lol I wanted to ask them more and I wanted to see their clothes too. One was sitting down and the other was mostly hidden behind people. And it was in a bar. How is that a professional interview?

Just weird, to me.

I just knew that the outcome was gonna be different for everyone depending on their choices that were made.
    Daily Android KKH player

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

I just knew that the outcome was gonna be different for everyone depending on their choices that were made.

To me, the game didn't make it different enough. Honestly I could have gone without charming Nene or the model and been about the same in the end.

It didn't reward enough either. Kash? How about an exclusive wearable.

I'm not griping btw if it sounds like it. It was just a big 'meh.' Like they didn't think it through or something. I'm guessing Nene gets a cut of whatever stars we all spent on those 3 gigs, but not enough thinking was done for the customer side of the equation.
    I chose to pay NeNe the 2 stars and took the model who didn't charge. I got 5 stars on all gigs and got a whopping $80 from Maria!! Very odd weekend..
    XoXo
    I chose to pay NeNe the 2 stars and took the model who didn't charge. I got 5 stars on all gigs and got a whopping $80 from Maria!! Very odd weekend..

So that's what Carol did and she got $600?

Why were we all paid differently? Weird.

Wow that's very strange. I made the same choices that you did and at the end Maria paid me $600. I guess that great minds think alike.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    This is how you waste 25 K stars

2B14FABF-4FFF-47ED-A6F6-34F8AB37F6E7_zpsjjswm5al.png
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
    So that's what Carol did and she got $600?

Why were we all paid differently? Weird.
    Sooo weird!! I can't even think of what their reasoning would be for this weekend haha :)
    Wow that's very strange. I made the same choices that you did and at the end Maria paid me $600. I guess that great minds think alike.
    Haha I guess so ;) great minds just don't get paid alike lol!! Well, I'm glad you at least got more out of it, even if it wasn't much :) here's hoping next weekend's event makes some sense!! I can't believe it's almost Christmas already!!!
    XoXo
    HollySisk wrote: »
    This how you waste 25 K stars

2B14FABF-4FFF-47ED-A6F6-34F8AB37F6E7_zpsjjswm5al.png

Ouch, I feel your pain. I get some bad boxes to choose from too. I did get the boots for 2 of my dolls. Have you been buying 2 boxes every day? It's hard not too. If you usually pick specific boxes, maybe try to alter one or two of them? At this point, I'm going to try anything. Tomorrow.....my son is picking my boxes.

Better luck tomorrow. I think we need better luck for all of us.:)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Is anyone else still receiving kstars even though the event is over?

tmp_7700_Screenshot_2015_12_21_02_05_0695324256.png
    upload img
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    I didn't charm Nene, but spent $2k to hire the model and got $80. Big fat slap.

Carol, that usually happens all the time. It'll be fixed a few hours later.
    PM to add
    OK I posted my pix and so on from the Nene Leakes gigs here.

http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?195217-Who-s-That-NPC&p=422614#post422614

The last pic you can see Maria's response to me. I charmed Nene and the model and that was her reply plus $100 Kash.
    Is anyone else still receiving kstars even though the event is over?

Yes.

Here is a gig during the weekend event.

N7zZ6YQ.jpg

And, here is a one hour 'extra gig' thrown to Dot by Simon's phone call. This gig happened Sunday evening.

pEYwgUZ.jpg

Maybe they want to allow us a little bit of time to finish the event gigs and get our stars? Dunno, but thanks Glu it's one break you throw the players.

Now that we have mentioned it, please Glu don't take it away again. :(
    I'm thinking maybe it's a little Christmas gift. OMG, can you imagine if this goes on for a few days? We love you Glu. Hey, it could happen.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • MommyTo3MunchkinsMommyTo3Munchkins Registered Users 341 Posts

Maybe they want to allow us a little bit of time to finish the event gigs and get our stars? Dunno, but thanks Glu it's one break you throw the players.

Now that we have mentioned it, please Glu don't take it away again. :(

I noticed that too but was afraid to say something in case Glu pulled the plug on the k-stars.

~Melissa~
    GC: MommyTo3Munchkins

Well Glu, here's our favor in song. Don't pull your stars out on us baby.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary