General Complaints Thread

Comments

• twofangstwofangs Registered Users 75 Posts
    So it's been 9 days of us getting "Holiday Gift Boxes" and I just can't any more.

Here are the screenshots of all of my boxes. As you can see only FOUR of them contained special items and TWO of this special times I was lucky enough to pick the right boxes.

m7ck5w.jpg

I hate complaining, but I'm very disappointed and angry. I'm glad I was smart enough not to open more boxes for KStars while the majority of time it was f*cking pointless.

Awww geez Kate Pilgram.:(

Sorry our luck is so similar...

I too hate complaining but this particular situation is incredibly frustrating.

Sometimes this game makes me very very sad.

And really disappointed.
    *what scares you most will set you free*
    ~ robyn hitchc0ck
  • CilanCilan Registered Users 298 Posts
    So it's been 9 days of us getting "Holiday Gift Boxes" and I just can't any more.

Here are the screenshots of all of my boxes. As you can see only FOUR of them contained special items and TWO of this special times I was lucky enough to pick the right boxes.

m7ck5w.jpg

I hate complaining, but I'm very disappointed and angry. I'm glad I was smart enough not to open more boxes for KStars while the majority of time it was f*cking pointless.

That screenshot makes me sad. :( Sorry about the luck. At least it was with the free boxes and not the event boxes. Few weeks ago, I spent over $70 opening boxes over and over to try for that scarf item. 3 boxes in a row didn't even have ANY event items in there. That wasn't right and I am still kind of angry about it to this day... lol. $70 for a virtual scarf.

Here's hoping your box is better tomorrow.
  • PolkaDotPolkaDot Registered Users 1,226 Posts
    Broke my promise to myself and so I got 3 boxes again...thinking for SURE today I will get the boots.

OY7Hhsc.jpg

wahhh wahhhhh.
  • twofangstwofangs Registered Users 75 Posts
    PolkaDot wrote: »
    Broke my promise to myself and so I got 3 boxes again...thinking for SURE today I will get the boots.

OY7Hhsc.jpg

wahhh wahhhhh.

I am also chasing those boots PolkaDot.

Sorry you got kinda sc#%?ed, again.:(

None of my biz, but maybe hold on to your stars for a bit, unless of course you have ESP-like intuition and your Spidey-sense is tingling.

I wish you good luck for next time, I hope your first (free!!) box holds the boots.:D
    *what scares you most will set you free*
    ~ robyn hitchc0ck
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    How about a Boot Chant? AppleP still needs them, so how about a thread wide Boot Chant? Boots Boots Boots Boots Boots
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • KatePillgrimKatePillgrim Registered Users 884 Posts
    Thanks everyone for the nice comments! I really appreciate it.

Gift Box Update:

d_OO1p_Jrt_WSg.jpg

Wow that's different! Yes, I was terribly unlucky yet again (come on me, you could have won three holiday items!), but I was SO HAPPY to finally see the white dress and the blazer in my box set! I'm definetely more hopeful now. And YAY new glasses ;)
    My name is Kate. Playing since 2014 *whew*
    I want to be your in-game friend! Please add me on Facebook:

Um, anyone want the event thread open? It comes with the teaser. I got it ready a little early, because, well, in my head it's already Christmas. So....open or wait? Sup to you.

Ok, I'll check back later, you guys let me know. Ho ho ho.

Merry Christmas!
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    I think everyone wants teaser, nothing wrong with being early : )
    PM to add
  • KatePillgrimKatePillgrim Registered Users 884 Posts
    Open it yeeeeeahhh! I'm dying for a teaser!
    My name is Kate. Playing since 2014 *whew*
    I want to be your in-game friend! Please add me on Facebook:

• isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    Open it yeeeeeahhh! I'm dying for a teaser!

*Definitely* open it!!!🎅🏻⛄️❄️
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    I'm very unsatisfied with my box today. I would rather win the cookie monster outfit so that my doll could dress up like a vintage Nicki Minaj wannabe lol

tmp_22594_Screenshot_2015_12_23_20_42_08_1157973.png
    image upload no size limit
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

All I won is 4 energy. I'm too embarrassed to post a screen shot of my holiday gift box today.
    Daily Android KKH player

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• wolfandbutlerwolfandbutler Registered Users 325 Posts
    I have won 4 energy the last four days in a row. The last two days had NO Christmas items in any of the boxes, only energy or cash. I'm over it Glu. Be fair to us.
    I have won 4 energy the last four days in a row. The last two days had NO Christmas items in any of the boxes, only energy or cash. I'm over it Glu. Be fair to us.

Ugh, me too. And on the very highest level it's so unfair. I've been reading in various threads that people have stopped or are going to stop putting anymore money into the game. I mean, wth?? We've all been loyal, spent way to much money here, and more often than not get no thanks in return. smh
    All I won is 4 energy. I'm too embarrassed to post a screen shot of my holiday gift box today.

Aw bae, really sorry, that just sux. Glu has no holiday spirit it seems. A lot of people received ordinary and weak "gifts" of energy bolts, a cheesy 3 K stars, an insignificant value of Kash. I'm hoping that next time you'll get whatever it is you want the very most. I haven't even gotten my gift box yet to open. And the gigs are paying out a mean number of event points--three gigs to get to open one event box?? C'mon, that's not nice.
  • MommyTo3MunchkinsMommyTo3Munchkins Registered Users 341 Posts
    I am going to cry!! One of my kids accidentally deleted the game from my phone. :( I lost my progress and items!!

~Melissa~
    GC: MommyTo3Munchkins

• wolfandbutlerwolfandbutler Registered Users 325 Posts
    I am going to cry!! One of my kids accidentally deleted the game from my phone. :( I lost my progress and items!!
    Oh no!!! Do you have a saved version of your game in the cloud?
    Oh no!!! Do you have a saved version of your game in the cloud?

I tried to start over, but it didn't give me a new version. So I signed out and resigned in. When I went in again, it gave me my brand new saved version when I said to start from the iCloud version. :( I have an old version on my old phone (from a few months back when I got a new phone.) I am going to try to see if I can at least get that version on my new phone again. I will at least get some of my old stuff. So sad though!!

~Melissa~

Today's daily gift box: I received 3 energy bolts. Paid 10 k stars for another try, got 3 k stars back. Sorry but, that's fkd up. There was not one special item in any of the boxes either, only energy, kash, and the stars. I paid 10 stars to get back 3. Feeling the burn; this just makes me really upset and angry, actually. It's wrong enough on an ordinary day, but it's Christmas Day today, c'mon. The more this happens, the less and less I waste/buy k stars, using up real money I worked to earn to just hand over 40 stars to open an event box containing an ugly pair of not-quite-styled-yoga-pants. And mustard-colored too, yech. It makes no sense to keep throwing money at an "entity" that rarely ever gives back.
    I tried to start over, but it didn't give me a new version. So I signed out and resigned in. When I went in again, it gave me my brand new saved version when I said to start from the iCloud version. :( I have an old version on my old phone (from a few months back when I got a new phone.) I am going to try to see if I can at least get that version on my new phone again. I will at least get some of my old stuff. So sad though!!

Oh MT3M, I'm so sorry to hear this. Will you post what happened in a new thread in Support, I've heard from Glu about rebooting if you're not getting event points, so I know they're around. Can you check the FAQ about transferring the game, and see if that can help at all? I think maybe(?) we can try and get a Christmas miracel. ANyone who went through this, will post any suggestions, but I think it's own thread in support might garner a little help.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I'm really starting to hate the makeup options on this game. I'm loving the Marilyn Monroe look that they're going for since it's unique. But I absolutely hate the eyeshadow/mascara look on this game. My doll looks completely different in a bad way. She doesn't look youthful on the preview though. My doll looks like she's pushing on her late 40s. What I don't understand is why Glu don't put the eyelashes/mascara/eyeshadow options with different colors inside of our closets? I don't wanna change her eyes and/or lips. My doll eyes doesn't look doe-eyed on the preview. I'm just not that satisfied with the makeup options on this game. I kinda want for my doll to resemble how I look like in real life especially when it comes to unique facial features.

tmp_29064_Screenshot_2015_12_25_12_05_20_1_16545.png
    free image hosting

Edit: I'm probably never gonna win the beauty mark since it's inside of the gift box. Oh great! It's so strange that I ended up sounding very sarcastic on the hookah thread.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• CilanCilan Registered Users 298 Posts
    isabeau wrote: »
    Today's daily gift box: I received 3 energy bolts. Paid 10 k stars for another try, got 3 k stars back. Sorry but, that's fkd up. There was not one special item in any of the boxes either, only energy, kash, and the stars. I paid 10 stars to get back 3. Feeling the burn; this just makes me really upset and angry, actually. It's wrong enough on an ordinary day, but it's Christmas Day today, c'mon. The more this happens, the less and less I waste/buy k stars, using up real money I worked to earn to just hand over 40 stars to open an event box containing an ugly pair of not-quite-styled-yoga-pants. And mustard-colored too, yech. It makes no sense to keep throwing money at an "entity" that rarely ever gives back.

Oh I get you. I had this experience but with the weekend event giftboxes some weeks ago. I was trying to get a scarf, so I paid over $70 to get that ONE scarf. There was a time when THREE box set arrays IN A ROW, that's 9 picks at 40 K-Stars each, had NO event items in those choices. So basically I paid $36 for NOTHING but energy and recoloured items I could already get in the daily giftboxes. I was ready to cry then since that $36 could feed me for a week lol.

I know they have the skills to program the boxes, that at LEAST ONE event item makes it in each set of boxes, which is what they should be doing for a game that doesn't have that much multiplayer... That means these items will stay on your account and you really can't show the items off without posting it on an external website after taking a picture in the photobooth. So I don't understand why the items are so expensive.

I hate the fact that I know I will still be giving them my money by buying stars if there is an item I want in the giftbox, even though I don't agree with that practive. xD
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    MT3M my heart is broken to hear that. I wish you have a really really awesome Holiday and can forget about it for a while. We're here if you need anything.
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    Thanks, Koko and Vats. I tried the FAQ about transferring my old game...but it didn't work. I haven't tried to transfer my old game on my old phone again since this morning (too many presents and visiting of relatives.) I hope to try again later. For now, I am keeping my hopes up but preparing for the worst.

Update: My game continues to only try to reboot using some level 5 version with blonde hair. I've never given my character blonde hair, so I don't even know where this one is coming from. I don't even want to play right now. Despite being just a game, I just want to cry.

~Melissa~

Yesterday I won energy bolts and today I won free cash. That's not cool Glu!
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• SerendipitySerendipity Registered Users 253 Posts
    ^^
    I got 4kash today, too. My daily box had a lovely, mustard yellow colored sports bra.
    "Art...a result of the frustration with being normal..."
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Thanks, Koko and Vats. I tried the FAQ about transferring my old game...but it didn't work. I haven't tried to transfer my old game on my old phone again since this morning (too many presents and visiting of relatives.) I hope to try again later. For now, I am keeping my hopes up but preparing for the worst.

Update: My game continues to only try to reboot using some level 5 version with blonde hair. I've never given my character blonde hair, so I don't even know where this one is coming from. I don't even want to play right now. Despite being just a game, I just want to cry.

Oh no, I'm seeing "your" blonde doll showing up in my friend list on the E list.

Did you go past the customization screen when you re-installed?
    PM to add
  • HoneyRavenHoneyRaven Registered Users 145 Posts
    So sorry to hear that MT3M, I really hope you're able to recover your game, even if it's an older version!

I have to say, I'm pretty disappointed in the lack of effort that has gone into Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas. Last year was amazing - this year, decorations are late, outfits are arriving on or after the holidays, and the tasks are very 'Meh'. The fact that the only inclusion of the K family at Christmas this year was 5 KStars from Kim, and the storylines didn't relate to the royal family at all? I'm feeling pretty let down, and frankly underwhelmed. Have we simply been relegated to the back burner while the new games get more effort??
    ~ You have your whole life to be old, but you only have a few years to be young ~
    Naimonster wrote: »
    Oh no, I'm seeing "your" blonde doll showing up in my friend list on the E list.

Did you go past the customization screen when you re-installed?

I think I may have...but I didn't do any gigs. So, I don't know why it would make me a level 5. Right now, I switched to my old phone and am trying to play on there. I occasionally try to move the game to my new phone, but it just uses the "blonde" doll game.

~Melissa~

• NoblestRomanaNoblestRomana Registered Users 36 Posts
    Seconding the complains about the boxes. On my phone the first day I got the white dress which I was happy about and were some other cool prices. But since most of my boxes are the $700 prices, 4 energies, and recolored clothes I already own and here and there 3k stars. I of course have been stuck getting the 4 energy reward mostly. I thought the point of having special daily gift boxes was because there were meant to be unique prices there, not the same stuff we get any other day.