Options

Fashion Threads - Directory and Plans for 2016

kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,114 Posts
I thought it would help if I offer an overview/ explanation of the various Fashion Thread Links, and the structure I'd like to provide.

Currently running everyday threads:

Outfit of the day - post your dolls looks each day in this thread, tell us about the look what's behind it, whatever you want.

How You Style - Each day (or so) Nai will choose an item from the girl and guy wardrobes, and you're invited to style it, using the exact items, and share your looks with your friends.

Weekly Fashion Pop up threads: These thread links change weekly.

Wednesday We Wear - on Wednesday Vats will put up a thread, telling us how to dress for the day. It's a color, or a style. Once it was dress like a Goth, another Wednesday it was Dress like your favority VIP. They generally run for about 2 days give or take, and they're a lot of fun.

Weekend Event Fashion Show - each week we start a Fashion Show thread, to correspond with our Weekly event Thread. We post whatever items we get over the course of the event, gift box, earners, and on a VIP weekend, hold onto that wide brimmed hat your just bought, the thread explodes!. During the Event Fashion Show, we ask that you post your applicable event items in that thread, and basically keep those items out of the other fashion threads, until the event is over. Think of that weekly event fashion show thread, like an album of pictures taken at a party. :)

Temporary Pop Up threads - these ideally are scheduled with a theme in mind, so they can be spaced out and properly highlighted, spotlighted and filled to capacity.

Currently we have these Pop Ups Running

Fashion Police - Worst looks of 2015
Your Favorite Looks of 2015 Your Dolls Best Looks of the year 2015

Upcoming Pop up events:

Style your Balmain - Lee Sol Sabagil has been trying to start this thread since the holidays started, and we were about to VIP ourselves to death with Balmain. First week of the new year, Sol is going to start the Balmain thread to kick off the Fashion Pop Ups for the new year. Should be fun. :)

If you have an idea for a pop up, or any new fashion thread, please pm me so we can try and make it happen.

And lastly, in my grand scheme of things, I'm trying to
  • organize the Event History to include links to both the event and fashion thread for that event

• Organize the Reference thread for all the exclusive clothing items for each Event. Giftboxes and earnables, along with special Kim's Pics. Currently we'll be gleening items from the exclusives thread, that began as a show only your giftbox/earner event clothes, then morphed in to any KStar item, and then into the weekly reference posts. Great potential, but it needs revamping.

Organizing these new reference threads will be harder, but if anyone would like to volunteer for either of these undertakings, please pm me. AliBryant did the Event History thread, and I'd love to utilize that for our MASTER Directory OF events with links to applicable threads.

I was hoping to unveil the whole thing on New Years, but that's not a reality. And when that is all done, I'll be going back and making sure each thread is tagged properly, to aid in retrieval and search.

I think we're all gonna love it. trust me. ;)

And, a thread title was suggested and voted on a short while ago, Shortly after New Years we'll unveil the new thread to post all your daily fashions, the way OOTD was utilized. I hope you like the shape of things to come, remember I'm asking for your input, please pm me with any additional fashion thread ideas, offers to help, etc. If Ali wants to run with her already appreciated efforts in listing all our events, I'd love that, and Ali, we'll try to get some help for you if you're intersted.

So basically, I hope you're excited with plans for the fashion threads, and I wanted to lay all the cards on the table, so you see where we're going with this. :)

Feel free to discuss, but if need be, there will be moderation. ;)
If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
I Am NOT a Glu Employee
🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
💜Vats
💜#VipKalinda
#RecollectionsMayVary

Comments

• Options
    Lee Sol SabagiLee Sol Sabagi Registered Users 28 Posts
    So excited for my pop up event! Take a part of it! Show how you style your Balmain clothes! It will be super fun! ����
  • Options
    Stardust1Stardust1 Registered Users 764 Posts
    Wow that's a lot to think about. Maybe I'm slow today because it looked kinda confusing to me but after reading again I think I understand. It should be cool to have the reference threads pinned if that's possible, that way they will be at the top of everything.

Thanks a lot for thinking about all of this. It really makes the forum a comunity dedicated to the game and the players making it possible. Also, all of this is only about clothes and accessories? Are the hair styles in it too?. I'm not always paying attention to all of it so I don't really know.
    Xime level 30
    Let's be KKH friends!
    XIME and JAX got married! See them in their celebration Here
  • Options
    HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    Is the How You Style thread staying in 2016?
    Is the OOTD thread staying in 2016? It sounds like you may intend to replace it? Or will it just be renamed? I'd hate to see the current content of that long running thread disappear.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • Options
    Stardust1 wrote: »
    Wow that's a lot to think about. Maybe I'm slow today because it looked kinda confusing to me but after reading again I think I understand. It should be cool to have the reference threads pinned if that's possible, that way they will be at the top of everything.

Thaks a lot for thinking about all of this. It really makes the forum a comunity dedicated to the game and the players making it possible. Also, all of this is only about clothes and accessories? Are the hair styles in it too?. I'm not always paying attention to all of it so I don't really know.

Since the hair comes in usually as event or giftbox items, it's like anything else you put on to wear. I honestly don't think I've ever seen an image thread about hair, but I'm thinking maybe I'm not understading the question. My bad. I'll figure this out and try to answer better.

HollySisk wrote: »
    Is the How You Style thread staying in 2016?
    Is the OOTD thread staying in 2016? It sounds like you may intend to replace it? Or will it just be renamed? I'd hate to see the current content of that long running thread disappear.

It's been operating for a total of 4 months. Long running is the feud our dolls have with Willow. Not a thread running for less than 2 months when the plan to unify the fashion threads began, and it was announced that OOTD and other everyday fashion image threads would be closed. As a result, the Original poster wasn't happy with the plans, told me to close the thread, didn't participate in any planning, and has since apparently left the forum. In view of these and other things OOTD will be closed as planned, and referenced for easy retrieval, and review. And the Thread title chosen by the members will unveil when OOTD is closed.

Hope this answers those questions, but it's late, and I'm still wondering if I answered what was asked about the hair. lol.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Hope this answers those questions, but it's late, and I'm still wondering if I answered what was asked about the hair. lol.

You did. Since the hair is in giftboxes and every other clothes-related gifting/winning event it's inside whatever is happening for the fashions in the forum. I don't know, I guess because I also haven't seen any particular thread devoted to hair and hair only I thought I should ask. Lol.
    Xime level 30
    Let's be KKH friends!
  • Options
    Stardust....I smell a pop up. I was actually going to say no one has ever put together a hair thread. It could have potential, I guess no one ever thought of a hair fashion thread. Now, if we could put the hats and hair accessories on separately, that would give us something to work with. What would a hair thread be like? Do it like How We Style, as in someone tosses out a hairstyle for men and women, and we respond by building an outfit around it? I'm thinking without caffeine Stardust. help me out here. lol. Right here, right now, let's brainstorm a hair thread if you're interested.

And, for anyone still confused (purely because I ramble and go off on tangents) here is the reasoning/goal in mind.

• One major thread to post what our dolls are wearing, for absolutely any reason in the world. In this 'department store of themes' - if you have a theme identify it and post your outfit, or just post your outfit for no reason other than you want to show off your look.
    • Another constant thread is the Fashion Game thread - where Nai selects 2 items, and you are challenged to put together a look using the item for your gender.
    Recurring threads,
    • Vat's Wednesday We Wear every Wednesday unless he's tired and needs a Wednesday off.
    • The current Event fashion thread.

Then there will be temporary Flash threads or popups. A specialized thread ie: Sol's opening our first official pop up of 2016 that will be showcasing the Balmain we acquired with the last update.
    So those are the basics. And if you want, let's talk about hair. How would we do that thread?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    stephk11stephk11 Registered Users 139 Posts
    Koko: Do you know if the Balmain is disappearing at the end of the month/year?
  • Options
    BobbieMBobbieM Registered Users 789 Posts
    Can I do a weekly pop up thread of "date night"? What did you wear, where did you go and what did you eat? Just a little fun. I can do any day of the week.. Just let me know.
    Brooklyn (GC is Bobbie629) • A+++ Player!
    • Married to Jackson White (GC is MomBLuz6) • Comeback #1
    • Daily player for Kim Kardashian Hollywood
    • iOS Player Only • Mommy to Baby Annabelle & Elijah!
    Please excuse the type-o's.. I'm on my phone and it doesn't like to write what I'm typing!
  • Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    BobbieM wrote: »
    Can I do a weekly pop up thread of "date night"? What did you wear, where did you go and what did you eat? Just a little fun. I can do any day of the week.. Just let me know.

That sounds like a fun thread. I think that it's a great idea. Who wouldn't want to see & know how a couple dressed up for a date and especially what club/restaurant that a couple had their date at⁉ I would participate in it if you ever decide to start that thread.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    BobbieMBobbieM Registered Users 789 Posts
    That sounds like a fun thread. I think that it's a great idea. Who wouldn't want to see & know how a couple dressed up for a date and especially what club/restaurant that a couple had their date at⁉ I would participate in it if you ever decide to start that thread.

THANK YOU!! I thought it would be something different and fun but if it's too much on the "fashion" wagon and Koko wants to keep them to a minimum then I don't want to do It without her permission.
    Brooklyn (GC is Bobbie629) • A+++ Player!
    • Married to Jackson White (GC is MomBLuz6) • Comeback #1
    • Daily player for Kim Kardashian Hollywood
    • iOS Player Only • Mommy to Baby Annabelle & Elijah!
    Please excuse the type-o's.. I'm on my phone and it doesn't like to write what I'm typing!
  • Options
    I just told Bobbie to do a pop up now, or make it a theme in the new thread when it opens. No problem either way.

But again, we are all in such a 'stream' oriented world, I don't understand why some of us aren't grasping the concept. you're on your phone, you have a minute, you want to see what everyone is wearing, You go to the fashion thread, and see everything. Like you were checking your twitter or instagram feed. You follow different interests, you can look at a picture of a gourmet meal from one person, and then see the latest purse another person posted, without needing to separate and sort it all out.

The people who are asking for an easier way to see everyones' fashions, and post their own are pretty much staying silent because they don't want to be seen as one of the reasons we're unifying. I have all day. I can sit here on my laptop with 20 tabs for 20 different threads. SuzyQ has a job, so she can keep buying stars and food, so when she gets a minute she whips out her phone and has to check all these different threads, when she just wants to see what other dolls are wearing.
    I'm asking you to join the new thread, and adopt a more communal outlook.
    • If it's a collection of some sort - Balmain, or Lieber Bags, or another designer clothes, or it's a collection some other way then we'll make it a pop up thread.
    • If it's a generalized idea or 'theme' then lets put it in the Fashion thread. You are welcome to make a post like any opening post, state your objective and ask people to post accordingly.

Event fashions are different, because if you want to see a specific event, you'll be able to retrieve the event thread, and the fashion thread that went with the event.

I'm more than happy to explain this as much as it takes if people still have questions or want to discuss this.

But, Date Night can pop up now. Any other threads you want that can't wait to be a theme in the new thread, by all means. start as many as you want. And next week or year, when the new Fashion thread rolls out, these kind of concept threads will be posted within the new thread.

But for now: Work week. Ladies who lunch, A day at the Mall, what you wear when you break up, Dressing for the dentist, Food Shopping, Meeting with a Hit man to take care of Willow once and for all......etc. Any fashion thread you want to start enjoy the Open thread policy for fashion for the duration of the year, or week. Honestly, not a problem. And this way, no one will feel "I never got a chance to open that thread" Infact, I promise one of my dolls will dress and post for each of these threads. It will be fun. Even if I tell my hubby and son, no dinner tonight, my dolls had to attend the opening of 99 threads but the meal ain't one.

;)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Please know I mean this. If you've been itching to start a thread take it as an end of the year free flow before the change. I wasn't being flip I was just naming silly things, like meeting with a hitman or day at the dentist, because my brain was packed with fun ideas I'm going to save to help kick off the idea of themes, concepts, etc from within the thread. So I had to be silly lest a little preview of the good stuff slipped out. ;)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    I think is now very clear...I really think is a good idea to unify the fashion for whatever event pops into your mind in one thread, it would be easier to participate. Now, the one thing that can be confusing is if more than one person decides to give an idea or, as it often happens to me, someone gives an idea and then the post gets lost in the many pages the thread is sure to have and then not everyone knows about it, not everybody has the chance to participate in the conversation and the 'sub-themes' become short-lived (or however you call something that lives for a very short time)...of course those are insignificant thing when compared to the actual work it must be to moderate all the pop up threads about fashion that are often taking place in the board.

I don't know if it's open to discussion but couldn't it be like
    1. #ottd
    2. Open thread for whatever fashion makes you happy
    3. Pop up for the current fashion line we're dreaming about at the time

That way, people can just share the ootd without just confusing the hell out of whatever is happening in the 'themed' threads. Just a thought.

About the hair style fashion pop up...let me think about it. Today I'm actually planning for my new year's eve party and I'm only seeing food lol.
    Xime level 30
    Let's be KKH friends!
  • Options
    I'd like to point out, the open thread for what fashion makes you happy = outfit of the day. This OOTD is a cute catchphrase that means what you put your doll in that day. You can have (and the thread has shown) 15 outfits of the day for one poster so....how is that NOT open thread for what fashion makes you happy.

This has been discussed since the day that OOTD was no longer enough because everyone wanted to start their own threads. If I can't explain it properly I do apologize. But, we'll all jump in when the New Thread Rolls out, and it will be easy to adjust I'm sure. When the new thread rolls out, that is where everything that is not Event themed or a FashionPopUp™ thread will go. How we style, is not affected it's more a participation challenge.

So, I'm going to close this, I think any questions can be answered within these posts. As I said, if you want to start a thread for whatever fashion aspect you want, please feel free.

:)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.