Weekend Event 12/31/15 ~ Ring out the Old, Ring in the New! Happy New Year!

kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts

NYEveHeader_zpsrn757vuh.gif

99e062900c73eeed73998ba495c69388.jpg_zps8rdoq0cq.gif

It's been a wild year, we had babies added, more places, OMG Lieber Bags, Karl Klothes
and Now Balmain?

We're going to Party this last event of 2015, or is it the first of the New Year?

Either way, it's a Party event, and time to Party till they shut it down.

Let's celebrate the old, the new, and future aspirations.

Right now, we have a peek at what clothes the Girls will be partying for.
Here's what I found on insta guys!

inamw8.jpg

OMG I'm so excited. PARTIES. 50 points for the box??? That HAIR.

So let's get this Party Started.

What are your plans for New Years Eve?

Any New Year Customs?

Oh, and those dreaded New Years Resolutions.

I'll be posting a custom, it's from the south I think, It's a food that you make for a prosperous happy healthy year. It's black eyed peas, Spinach (i'll check) and Bacon. If you know more about it than I, post yours first. lol

If anyone finds the pictures for the guys clothes, please post them here for us to drool, and in the Holiday Event Fashion thread.

Midorihat2.jpg
Don't forget to drink virtually in moderation and if you think you're going to overindulge, please give a friend your key(board)s.

supacool_zpsj356gqiz.gif
rockettes_zpsgfoisuer.gif
If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
I Am NOT a Glu Employee
🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
💜Vats
💜#VipKalinda
#RecollectionsMayVary
Prev1345

Comments

• kateliciouslykateliciously Registered Users 422 Posts
    Uuih, so excited and I love party events. Anybody else hoping that it already starts tomorrow :)

What are your plans for new years eve? We will eat raclette. Not sure how well known or popular this is in other countries. ;)
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    I love all of the earn ables except the shoes. The new year's eve earnable doesn't look too festive to me at all. It doesn't scream party when I see it. I was expecting a sparkly outfit for this upcoming event.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• MommyTo3MunchkinsMommyTo3Munchkins Registered Users 341 Posts
    Raclette is so tasty! Friends of ours from Switzerland introduced us to it.

I am glad it is a party weekend. It should be easy to complete with Calabasas.

~Melissa~
    GC: MommyTo3Munchkins

• CilanCilan Registered Users 298 Posts
    It's hard going to these preview threads because I know only girls will get their preview clothes seen first! It's hard playing as a guy avatar haha. I am really itching to see if there might be new hair for the guys.

Hoping the event starts tomorrow and there will be some sort of countdown or something to New Year, but probably not going to happen... :(
  • CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    Uuih, so excited and I love party events. Anybody else hoping that it already starts tomorrow :)

What are your plans for new years eve? We will eat raclette. Not sure how well known or popular this is in other countries. ;)

The event has to start tomorrow, I'm all set for it. But are they gonna raise the points bar due to the extra day? 50 points for the gift box is not a good sign..

Anyway, I didn't know about Raclette before. It looks sooo good! We're going out for dinner with family. :)
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • kateliciouslykateliciously Registered Users 422 Posts
    L
    Charli wrote: »
    The event has to start tomorrow, I'm all set for it. But are they gonna raise the points bar due to the extra day? 50 points for the gift box is not a good sign..

Anyway, I didn't know about Raclette before. It looks sooo good! We're going out for dinner with family. :)
    Yeah, I saw that too. Maybe it's just a glitch or let's hope they changed it to 50 but guarantee to get an event item. Who knows....

That sounds nice. :)
  • QueenCookieQueenCookie Registered Users 356 Posts
    Glu maybe lower the points needed for the final item which may be why the gift box needs 50 points to open. I hope this is the case for the increase in points needed to open the box and them not not making it harder to earn the items.
    Sophie
  • KatinkaeKatinkae Registered Users 845 Posts
    Pleaaaaase let the event start tomorrow! Im sooo excited
    Player since day 1 🤩 iOS 🇳🇴

📢 ‼️ let us exchange things in our closet we dont like into k stars/diamonds
  • xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts
    Is it just me or is the hair a bit messed up? Like with a longer piece layered strangely at the front? I'm probably saying this cos I'm not likely to win it and am trying to make myself feel better about it but still :D
    GC: { Lucyxx }
    The hair looks weird to me to Lucy, like it looks like a cheaper version of the glam squad hair. Hopefully it looks better when it pops up in our games.
    Sophie
  • xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts
    The hair looks weird to me to Lucy, like it looks like a cheaper version of the glam squad hair. Hopefully it looks better when it pops up in our games.
    Oh my gosh you're right it does look a similar shape. Maybe it will look better but it would be good if they could let us choose our own colour for the ends of the ombré instead of having it fixed
    GC: { Lucyxx }
    Exactly that's a feature that needs to be added because not everyone will like the way blonde looks on their dolls.
    Sophie
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    xXLucyXx wrote: »
    Oh my gosh you're right it does look a similar shape. Maybe it will look better but it would be good if they could let us choose our own colour for the ends of the ombré instead of having it fixed
    Exactly that's a feature that needs to be added because not everyone will like the way blonde looks on their dolls.

Yes I agree with both of your statements. I never wanted the ombré hair in the first place because Glu won't allow me to change the blonde color highlights on my doll anyways. It's gonna look really ratchet on her especially on her skin complexion. I actually added my idea on the suggestion thread.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• AmyTAmyT Registered Users 1,164 Posts
    I'm excited for this event :) happy 2016 everyone!

I love the earnable earrings and the blue satin-like material on the dress is gorgeous, I love how much detail goes in to making the clothes look lifelike. But what's with the bow ties on so many clothes atm? I'll probably try and hide it with a big necklace lol :)

And you guys are right about the hair. But I can safely say that it's doubtful I'll win it in a gift box any way...
    Top 20 +++
    My doll's name is Madison :)
    (~~ one cat short of crazy! ~~)

iOS player ~~ GC AmyTMadison
    Pm me if you'd like to add Madison on Facebook :)

#fangsforNai
  • ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    Yeah I want the hair but I'm not holding my breath to get it.
    GC: Zoë Strange
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Now remember, the doll in question is wearing a scarf and ear****s. Let's see what kind of Fabulousity (a friend from the bag place ;) ) we can come up with. ;) Right?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • SassyVoguetteSassyVoguette Registered Users 1,510 Posts
    I like this event's clothes, but I may not be able to get them.. I travel, I'm going to Athens in a couple of hours. I like the hair too, can't wait to see the preview on my device :)

Here's my champagne dose for you all, enjoy your New Year's Eve
    2i6ch8g.jpg
    Vats has my heart. Forever. 💕

iOS
    07/2014 
    Cilan wrote: »
    It's hard going to these preview threads because I know only girls will get their preview clothes seen first! It's hard playing as a guy avatar haha. I am really itching to see if there might be new hair for the guys.

Hoping the event starts tomorrow and there will be some sort of countdown or something to New Year, but probably not going to happen... :(

Oh I know, and I feel bad, that's why I try to call out to remind people to grab the guys stuff if they see it. But while we wait for the guys stuff, why not play VJay for the thread. Hmmm, gotta be a lot of good new years stuff. I was going to play this one, because New Years are New Beginnings (as are Easters lol) where slates are wiped clean, everything is fresh and new. I was hoping for a special kumbaya moment this Holiday Season, might still happen.

Hey, to liven things up, we have declared an Oprah moment, everyone gets a thread if they want it. We're starting New after the New Years Event, the week or the year. (depending on how things play) So pick whatever you wanted to start a fashion thread about, and you've got it. I hope no one thinks there is sarcasm here. It's like the fashion thread explosion into the new year and new system.

I know what this place needs.............New Year's shirtless now married Joe. Let me see what I can find. New Years Eve Bar. hmmmm. brb
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I like this event's clothes, but I may not be able to get them.. I travel, I'm going to Athens in a couple of hours. I like the hair too, can't wait to see the preview on my device :)

Here's my champagne dose for you all, enjoy your New Year's Eve
    2i6ch8g.jpg

Have a wonderful trip, and enjoy. and the virtual hair, has nothing on your adventures.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • SassyVoguetteSassyVoguette Registered Users 1,510 Posts
    Have a wonderful trip, and enjoy. and the virtual hair, has nothing on your adventures.

Thanks Koko :D I'm really excited for the trip, we are 20 people, all friends, crazy and party animals lol we reserved tables at a club, by the sea, with a view. I can't wait, seriously - I need my sea fix lol I'm addicted to the sea, it's some weird connection and obsession :D maybe because I have only great memories and as a kid we were at the Aegean sea for two months every summer.. So I connect the sea with happiness, calm, not a single care in the world.. It's my happy place, especially Greece. So, yeah I know I ramble, but I'm happy. Period. Lol
    Vats has my heart. Forever. 💕

iOS
    07/2014 
  • AmyTAmyT Registered Users 1,164 Posts
    Thanks Koko :D I'm really excited for the trip, we are 20 people, all friends, crazy and party animals lol we reserved tables at a club, by the sea, with a view. I can't wait, seriously - I need my sea fix lol I'm addicted to the sea, it's some weird connection and obsession :D maybe because I have only great memories and as a kid we were at the Aegean sea for two months every summer.. So I connect the sea with happiness, calm, not a single care in the world.. It's my happy place, especially Greece. So, yeah I know I ramble, but I'm happy. Period. Lol

Have a great time, Sassy! Sounds amazing :)

I'm having a quiet New Year's Eve - I go out partying New Year's Day starting around noon. So I hope the event begins in the morning so I have plenty of time to earn the items.

Good luck for the event everyone and I hope you all have a wonderful New Year's Eve, whatever you have planned :)
    Top 20 +++
    My doll's name is Madison :)
    (~~ one cat short of crazy! ~~)

iOS player ~~ GC AmyTMadison
    Pm me if you'd like to add Madison on Facebook :)

#fangsforNai
  • BrianneBrianne Registered Users 144 Posts
    I'm so hyped for the new year guys! :D 2016 means just a few more months 'til graduation..
    add me on iOS Gamecenter: 3rianne
    My doll's name is Aria Hawke. 🌸

So, I'm sure you know what I mean when I say it's so easy to become mezmorized by the sea. The waves in various degrees rushing in and away again from the shore. How the receding and approaching water plays with a leave or a stone or shell in the sand. Or when you reach that point in the horizon where the sea and the sky blend into one. I hate living on this island near Manhattan, except when I'm at the shore, where sea meets sand. So I totally get what you mean. And you weren't rambling. You were expressively sharing yourself. :) Take lots of pics, and you can take 5 minutes every 3 hours to tap your way through a tank full of energy Missy!

Have a creat time Sassy. I will visit vicariously though your pictures. :) Happy New Year Doll.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Brianne wrote: »
    I'm so hyped for the new year guys! :D 2016 means just a few more months 'til graduation..

Congratulations! Senior-itis! Wait for the first lovely Spring Day, if you have a good prof, maybe they'll take you for class outside. Is this High School or College? Congrats either way.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • lalaloveyoulalaloveyou Registered Users 122 Posts
    AmyT wrote: »
    ...But what's with the bow ties on so many clothes atm? I'll probably try and hide it with a big necklace lol :)

That was my first thought, too.....both of them with bow ties in the same event? I guess I'm just not a big fan of the bow tie.....I was fine with it on the one sparkly blazer, but I don't know about two more.

Hopefully I'll like them more once they're on my own screen and I can actually see them better.
    Dose anyone know whether the event starts tomorrow or Friday? Because it would make a lot more sense to start it tomorrow.
    Sophie
  • AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,168 Posts
    xXLucyXx wrote: »
    Is it just me or is the hair a bit messed up? Like with a longer piece layered strangely at the front? I'm probably saying this cos I'm not likely to win it and am trying to make myself feel better about it but still :D

The hair looks awful.
    iOS
  • AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,168 Posts
    Last year's new year's event was only 24 hours. We had to earn the black lacy cutout dress and the Times square backdrop in that time. I missed out on both!
    iOS
  • wolfandbutlerwolfandbutler Registered Users 325 Posts
    I like the hair, but I can't think of a time where I DIDN'T like the hair in this game. :o

I'm a bit irked because Simon has stopped calling me!! Once I finished the Leo/Novia storyline, that was it! I'm only on Level 36, there's no way I've actually completed every storyline, obviously my game is screwed up. I've submitted a ticket with Glu, hopefully the January update fixes it :/
  • Stardust1Stardust1 Registered Users 764 Posts
    Dose anyone know whether the event starts tomorrow or Friday? Because it would make a lot more sense to start it tomorrow.

This question made me put myself into reality...I had no doubt tomorrow was friday and was ready to start my day early and win the outfit ASAP. Weird how the end of the year plays with your mind. My sister keeps saying January 1st is a monday lol.
    Xime level 30
    Let's be KKH friends!
    XIME and JAX got married! See them in their celebration Here