Weekend Event 12/31/15 ~ Ring out the Old, Ring in the New! Happy New Year!

Comments

• VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    HollySisk wrote: »
    Y'all thought Dixie was a successful model, actress, & entrepreneur but really she's a hostesss at The Oak.

3E237EBA-CC74-40C7-91C0-51B9C247608A_zpsryy9kgun.png

If Dixie is seeking a new career in 2016, how about she become a stripper?

I have the money:
    sVPwOXs.png?1

Now shake that a$$ girl!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • KatieBearCooperKatieBearCooper Registered Users 40 Posts
    Kkmia wrote: »
    Also happened to me :(
    Ugh, me too!
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Good morning. So, one day I slept late saying "I'll be getting up an hour earlier tomorrow at 4" so I didn't get up till 8. Happy New Years Eve, our event is open. :)

Morning! And Thank you Glu.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Welcome Back DMV_Doll. Hope your holiday was awesome. You probably missed it, but I made gifts for everyone, I posted yours last week, but here it is again.

GiftDMV_zpse6npp58q.jpg

Merry Christmas Doll. And I sent you a pm about a post I'd like you to look at, please let me know after you've read it. :). Welcome Back. NOW it's a party!
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Stardust1Stardust1 Registered Users 764 Posts
    Vats wrote: »
    Happy New Year everybody!

*sigh* my mantra for this holidays is being 'Accepts that hurts less!'

Just a friendly advice,always grind for the earn ables, cause if they eventually comeback at a throwback sale you don't want to reduce your chances to get a coveted item and get those instead.

I'll ignore those boring loooooooooong gigs and just throw parties!

Ugh...but, but...they are sooooo ugly!!
    Xime level 30
    Let's be KKH friends!
    XIME and JAX got married! See them in their celebration Here
    Good Advice Vats. You can only get the green plastic ring once, right? lol. Happy New Year everyone. :)

eta: just got my first 30Event point giftbox. I am actually pleased with that. Ticked off that I didn't move one box over for the hair......but the event points are good. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • CilanCilan Registered Users 298 Posts
    Vats wrote: »
    sVPwOXs.png?1

Ugh. I have been looking for that exact guy hair that is next to the event hair. The wardrobe says that hair is only avaliable in black giftboxes, but it is in this gold giftbox? How likely do you think I will get it if I try to chase for it?
    Oh, and if I missed anyone for their Christmas present, just post your pic here (and let me know?) , and I'll make it in a jiffy. ;)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Camila[Black]Camila[Black] Registered Users 345 Posts
    My free box :')
    Screenshot_2015_12_31_12_05_23_1.png
    *A+++
    *Android player
    *Add me here
  • MommyTo3MunchkinsMommyTo3Munchkins Registered Users 341 Posts
    Ugh! My streak of bad continues. My free earnable box contained $4k, so I bought a second box and got $4k! :( I swear this game just wants me to quit. *sigh*

~Melissa~
    GC: MommyTo3Munchkins

• QueenCookieQueenCookie Registered Users 356 Posts
    AliBryant wrote: »
    Earrings- 200
    Shoes- 375
    Dress- ?

Dress- 625
    Sophie
  • SpleenSpleen Registered Users 321 Posts
    The gift box hair looks really weird to me... It looks like Playmobil's plastic chunky hair :rolleyes:

Thanks for the info QueenCookie! If you know somehing about the special gigs, please tell us!
    Stardust1 wrote: »
    Ugh...but, but...they are sooooo ugly!!

If it's any consolation, maybe just maybe those items match better with other items from the wardrobe, we'll soon find out ...
    Cilan wrote: »
    Ugh. I have been looking for that exact guy hair that is next to the event hair. The wardrobe says that hair is only avaliable in black giftboxes, but it is in this gold giftbox? How likely do you think I will get it if I try to chase for it?

Consider this answer a gift for the holidays :p ... I researched on my screenshots of past events and that hair appeared precisely four times for me throughout this year.

The hair may appear during events that doesn't contain the black boxes, but if you plan to pursue that hair, only do this when the event offer the black boxes, otherwise you could end up spending a huge amount of K-stars and haven't a positive outcome .

I hope this helps you and good luck next time!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    Stardust1 wrote: »
    The good news are I won't be thinking about the game during the new year's celebrations. The bad news...are theses.

Screenshot_2015-12-31-06-05-22-1.png

Screenshot_2015-12-31-06-05-31-1.png

Ugh...I think I only want the shoes.

I think what gets me the most about the guys earnables lately, aside from how much they don't match the girls in terms of event theme, is how none of them seem to form outfits that someone would actually wear together! Who would pair a purple blazer with blue shoes and pants?! (Not to mention how neither the pants or shoes even match each OTHER) And WHY is there yet another useless clone watch in the guys' boxes instead of shoes to match.

I like the hair sadly and with 80 k-stars it's tempting to maybe open extra boxes but I only have so-so event luck. Hrm. Meanwhile I can't help but feel John Boyega's suit influenced the top and if that's the case why not just give us the whole suit?! -

http://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainthis/2015/12/14/john-boyega-star-wars-force-awakens-premiere/77334426/

I ADORE that. I do want the blazer tho so we'll see.
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • CilanCilan Registered Users 298 Posts
    THANK YOU SO MUCH, Vats!!! I really appreciate you taking the time to go through that. I wanted to splurge to open the boxes, but I don't like this week's box items anyways. And with my luck, that hair won't show up so it's a waste of money, but oh so tempting.. :( I missed the black box during Thanksgiving because I didn't even know there were coloured boxes because I started playing this November. I am so sad I missed that police Halloween outfit.. Ugh. xD

I think what gets me the most about the guys earnables lately, aside from how much they don't match the girls in terms of event theme, is how none of them seem to form outfits that someone would actually wear together! Who would pair a purple blazer with blue shoes and pants?! And WHY is there yet another useless clone watch in the guys earnables instead of shoes to match.

And there are so many pants that don't go down to the shoes, so a lot of the pants, you can see the ankles/legs of the guys and that is very jarring. Who would wear pants like that?... xD At least give us socks that we can layer underneath so random skin won't be showing.
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Lol so they give us an extra day for the weekend event but double the number of points needed? Thanks for nothing glu... Lmao. I just don't see the point in it.
    AliBryant wrote: »
    Earrings- 200
    Shoes- 375
    Dress- ?
    Dress- 625

I hate when Glu does that. I'm glad that there's an extra day to complete the event but they really need to decrease the event points.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

You all can just call me Cookie if you want. You can invite a friend to all gigs related to this weekend.

Gig1 is 6 hours - Paris/New York
    If you choose Paris Kim and Khole both have a speech bubble which isn't important.
    If go with New York Kim is only there with a speech bubble saying she misses Khole.

Gig2 is 3 hours - Malibu/Tokyo
    By going with Malibu Kim is there and shows up with a speech bubble
    Choosing Tokyo you hangout with Kim Kendall & Kylie all with bubbles

There's no one asking you for kash or Kstars. I noticed the options were family or work so I'm not sure what happens if you choose just work or just family. I hope I explaine it clearly because I suck explaining things.

Edit: I thought there would be a surprise but there isn't.
    Sophie
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    wishing-you-a-very-happy-new-year-snowfall-animated-graphic.gif
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• pandamoo85pandamoo85 Registered Users 107 Posts
    Is it just me or are the straps/suspenders on the gift box dress like.... Really poorly done? They don't sit right at all. Someone needs to show GLU how body curves work lol
    My avi's name is Star -- she shows up as Starfaise for GC contacts. :o
  • KatieBearCooperKatieBearCooper Registered Users 40 Posts
    My free box :')
    Screenshot_2015_12_31_12_05_23_1.png

You lucky duck! Congratulations :-)
  • stephk11stephk11 Registered Users 139 Posts
    I wonder if this event glitch is a device issue. I'm playing on iPad, and I didn't get that first phone call with the Kourtney option. Scrolling through the other comments, i didn't see anyone mention that they missed that call and are on Android. I suppose it doesn't really matter (unless those of us who didn't get the call for Kourtney get stiffed on the final event points), but I'm curious - for those on Android, did you get the Kourtney call?

I just finished the Khloe/Paris event, and then Kim called saying she had "one final choice to make." I chose the Kylie/Kendall option, and I guess I can get back to parties after that!
  • Jenn0503Jenn0503 Registered Users 41 Posts
    Does anyone remember when does your small talk refresh in your party
  • Nisha300Nisha300 Registered Users 347 Posts
    Why was everything better last year? We got two cute dresses and like 15 k stars last year during the new years event and the side gig w/ kris where you had to be in times square to watch the ball drop......whatever I guess still gonna do the event so I don't have to see that fugly dress in my throwback sale
    The final gig is the countdown for midnight I'm not doing this gig until tonight.
    Sophie
  • Camila[Black]Camila[Black] Registered Users 345 Posts
    You lucky duck! Congratulations :-)
    Thank you! I still can't believe it :D Happy new year!
    *A+++
    *Android player
    *Add me here
    You all can just call me Cookie if you want.

Ok Cookie! Would be really epic if you had said 'just call me Queen' instead lol

Thank you so much for the details, I'll try those gigs now!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    I only got called from Kim on all 3 devices. Sigh. why did no one post anything in the FAQ section? Darn it
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • ChicCharlotteChicCharlotte Registered Users 571 Posts
    Ugh! My streak of bad continues. My free earnable box contained $4k, so I bought a second box and got $4k! :( I swear this game just wants me to quit. *sigh*

I feel the same way. $4k and I bought another because I really wanted that hair and thought surely a second box couldn't be a stinker too, but I got ugly basic white pumps from the daily boxes. Once I get the earnable earrings, I'm done with this event.
    Began an iOS game and need friends!
    Also deleted old Facebook account. Please refriend me if you play iOS.
    https://facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009525168362
  • kateliciouslykateliciously Registered Users 422 Posts
    stephk11 wrote: »
    I wonder if this event glitch is a device issue. I'm playing on iPad, and I didn't get that first phone call with the Kourtney option. Scrolling through the other comments, i didn't see anyone mention that they missed that call and are on Android. I suppose it doesn't really matter (unless those of us who didn't get the call for Kourtney get stiffed on the final event points), but I'm curious - for those on Android, did you get the Kourtney call?

I just finished the Khloe/Paris event, and then Kim called saying she had "one final choice to make." I chose the Kylie/Kendall option, and I guess I can get back to parties after that!
    Same here. I haven't gotten the Kourtney call either.
  • AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,168 Posts
    I didn't know we were supposed to get a kourtney call. I'm Android and so far I got a Khloe call and a Kendall/ kylie call.
    iOS