Weekend Event 12/31/15 ~ Ring out the Old, Ring in the New! Happy New Year!

1235Next

Comments

• +++Jeneen++++++Jeneen+++ Registered Users 20 Posts
    Happy New Year to everyone! I'm one party away from finishing the earnables. I love them all! I decided I'm not keening on the gift box items this week and didn't win any anyway so c'est la vie.
  • HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    Happy New Year to everyone! I'm one party away from finishing the earnables. I love them all! I decided I'm not keening on the gift box items this week and didn't win any anyway so c'est la vie.

Congrats on getting all the earnables! This event took a lot of grinding.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • +++Jeneen++++++Jeneen+++ Registered Users 20 Posts
    Thank you! I was a little worried because I started later than usual not realizing it started a day early, but the extra day helped.

I also wanted to say thank you to whoever gifted me a fur coat in the game! I'm not sure who sent it.
  • maltanmaltan Registered Users 21 Posts
    Zoyechka wrote: »
    after spending hundreds of dollars chasing gift boxes these past few weeks, I came upon the realization that REAL LIFE is so ****ing much better than any event gift box KKH has to offer.

I love my family and I'm grateful for my friends us all I can say.

Ditto. I had to spend my 500+ Kstars chasing the hair (which NEVER appeared in my giftboxes, yes even the ones I didn't select; I was only able to get the shoes) before I realized that I had so many great things ahead of me. My happiness shouldn't depend on a game that was based on luck/chance. Anyway, Happy New Year, guys!;)
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    I'm so impressed with the guy's earn ables for this weekend event. The purple tuxedo looks so vibrant.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• ChanrinChanrin Registered Users 516 Posts
    Congrats to anyone who had the courage to grind hard for the items !!!!!
    Do you hear the phone when I call ?
    Do you feel the thud when I fall?
    Do you hear the crack when I break ?

---
    #TeamCassio
  • SerendipitySerendipity Registered Users 253 Posts
    image_zpsutytbtha.jpeg

Ohmigoodness! I don't really want the dress, but I'd hate to open a throwback box and find it there! I'm grinding for it, and I hope I can finish before the event ends. Fingers crossed for everyone still going for the earnables... We can do it. We can do it. We can....
    "Art...a result of the frustration with being normal..."
  • MommyTo3MunchkinsMommyTo3Munchkins Registered Users 341 Posts
    HollySisk wrote: »
    You get extras at the countdown to midnight event with Kim.

Thanks, Holly. I forgot to check back in and look for an answer. ;)

I just finished the event and got the dress. Time to "relax" and "celebrate" by going grocery shopping. It's fun, fun, fun over here!

~Melissa~
    GC: MommyTo3Munchkins

• Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    tumblr_o0e4i6yZR81qfvh9po1_540.jpg

Even with the extra 25 points to earn, my husband's insistence on dates & my being distracted yesterday with RL things this weekend was a lot more managable I think? Can we make ALL of the weekend events 4 days? or at least the earnable ones please!
    image_zpsutytbtha.jpeg

Ohmigoodness! I don't really want the dress, but I'd hate to open a throwback box and find it there! I'm grinding for it, and I hope I can finish before the event ends. Fingers crossed for everyone still going for the earnables... We can do it. We can do it. We can....

If you have the Calabasas house use that and throw 3 hour parties. You'll get 2 points per guest and a total of 20(?) or so for a complete party.
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Chanrin, you're not packing it in are you? You can do it you can do it. I read you were close, and wanted to finish! Do you need cheerleaders?

Well, I don't have cheerleaders, but how about a Santa's Elfette Kickline?
    rockettes_zpsgfoisuer.gif
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    My post about the 8 hours, was basically good for days when you couldn't sit and grind, but still wanted to play. So a good mix of 3 hours, and then you can start an 8 hour, take care of other things, and not have to watch the clock to make sure our 3 hours doesn't run out. And there is just something discouraging about doing a whole party (3 hr) and not even getting many points if you're without at least one bonus item.

I wonder if Glu would make more money if they added the option of buying bonus items outright. I bet a lot of people who won't buy boxes, would spend more to purchase the item. So, they'd sell boxes to those hoping for a bargain item, sell items to those wanting to eliminate the chance and pay a good price for the item. And, then those who were lucky in Gift Boxes, would be more likely to spend more for the last item outright at the higher price. Because when you have most of the bonus items, it's harder to snag a remaining bonus item.

Not only would Glu make a lot more money, the players would be happy because they can tailor their spending in the game most effectively. ANd, if the players are happy won't they spend more money?

Ok, this was rambling, but somewhere in that ramble is an excellent idea for everyone concerned. And can you imagine the good will around the game?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    My post about the 8 hours, was basically good for days when you couldn't sit and grind, but still wanted to play. So a good mix of 3 hours, and then you can start an 8 hour, take care of other things, and not have to watch the clock to make sure our 3 hours doesn't run out. And there is just something discouraging about doing a whole party (3 hr) and not even getting many points if you're without at least one bonus item.

I wonder if Glu would make more money if they added the option of buying bonus items outright. I bet a lot of people who won't buy boxes, would spend more to purchase the item. So, they'd sell boxes to those hoping for a bargain item, sell items to those wanting to eliminate the chance and pay a good price for the item. And, then those who were lucky in Gift Boxes, would be more likely to spend more for the last item outright at the higher price. Because when you have most of the bonus items, it's harder to snag a remaining bonus item.

Not only would Glu make a lot more money, the players would be happy because they can tailor their spending in the game most effectively. ANd, if the players are happy won't they spend more money?

Ok, this was rambling, but somewhere in that ramble is an excellent idea for everyone concerned. And can you imagine the good will around the game?

I personally would be willing to buy the event bonuses outright for more of a cost. The box is too much of a gamble to spend on multiple. I usually just go with my free one & hope for luck but if I could guarantee a bonus item, depending on my personal taste or whatever, I'd more likely spend for sure, yeah.

#ComeBackVats
  • LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,448 Posts
    I don't think so. And neither are those earrings.
    Lizard wrote: »
    Is this dress already in the game?
    1451852760-screenshot-2016-01-03-21-20-46-2.jpeg
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts
    Lizard wrote: »
    Is this dress already in the game?
    1451852760-screenshot-2016-01-03-21-20-46-2.jpeg

Can we talk about how the promo pictures are always so enhanced compared to the actual game? Well we all know but really why does everything always look better they could just have the game to that standard in the first place - plus all the other fake stuff like separate eyebrow colour and one-colour version of the Khloe ombré it stresses me out

image_zpsnxwzutik.jpeg

PS not saying the outfits are fake just the enhanced eyes/ makeup/ other details
    GC: { Lucyxx }
    Think that's coming soon in an event or update? And speaking of Update, who's ready for one? Just remember, anytime after tonight, the snow and holiday decorations will disappear. It was very disappointing last year, and unless they've decided to extend it, I don't want anyone else to feel the letdown unprepared. :)

Edited to add, oops, posted while the mini complaint was posting. Lucy, you mean the solo dress you posted is supposed to be the one in the banner? Hmmm. TBH, so many of the looks in the game are similar, I wouldn't be surprised if we get the one in the banner in the future. Guess we'll see.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Think that's coming soon in an event or update? And speaking of Update, who's ready for one? Just remember, anytime after tonight, the snow and holiday decorations will disappear. It was very disappointing last year, and unless they've decided to extend it, I don't want anyone else to feel the letdown unprepared. :)

which only reminds me to take down my own meager decorations XD

#ComeBackVats
  • LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,448 Posts
    I checked my wardrobe and I stand corrected, I think this is the dress:

image_zpsxe8xwmjt.jpeg

It was added during the last update and is a high level dress. I have not seen the earrings.
    LindaVB wrote: »
    I don't think so. And neither are those earrings.
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts
    Lucy, you mean the solo dress you posted is supposed to be the one in the banner? Hmmm. TBH, so many of the looks in the game are similar, I wouldn't be surprised if we get the one in the banner in the future. Guess we'll see.

No not the dress I just wore black to make it more similar I mean the eyes and makeup, hair in other promos but I guess maybe it's a hookah post
    GC: { Lucyxx }
  • ticisssticisss Banned Users 811 Posts
    I really don't care about snow. Where I live (Brazil) there's no snow (actually it's summer here) and Christmas decorations I can have in my house. All I want is some good update. Maybe Tomorrow?
  • Lee Sol SabagiLee Sol Sabagi Registered Users 28 Posts
    LindaVB wrote: »
    I checked my wardrobe and I stand corrected, I think this is the dress:

image_zpsxe8xwmjt.jpeg

It was added during the last update and is a high level dress. I have not seen the earrings.

The earrings are from the last weekend event which is still going on. The dress was added in the last update.
  • ChanrinChanrin Registered Users 516 Posts
    Chanrin, you're not packing it in are you? You can do it you can do it. I read you were close, and wanted to finish! Do you need cheerleaders?

Well, I don't have cheerleaders, but how about a Santa's Elfette Kickline?
    rockettes_zpsgfoisuer.gif

Thanks for the motivation ❤❤❤
    I made it !! Through tears, sweat and blood I made it!!
    I wasn't too fond of the dress but yeah, it bothered me to stop when I was so close.
    Thank God I have a day off tomorrow, I just have so much to do ;_;

Screenshot_2016-01-03-23-15-21_zpspmnuyg15.png

BTW I'm still mad at Glu for changing parties!! 43 energy bolt for one party is over the top and the fact that the small talk actions won't respan after an hour is ROBBERY. Shame on you!!
    Do you hear the phone when I call ?
    Do you feel the thud when I fall?
    Do you hear the crack when I break ?

---
    #TeamCassio
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    I aimed for the earrings and I could care less about the clunky shoes and bow tied dress.

tmp_13460_Screenshot_2016_01_03_15_43_17_1_11964.png
    images upload
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• SerendipitySerendipity Registered Users 253 Posts
    image_zpsicj7gknx.jpeg

So close, but not close enough! I really tried for the dress, but it wasn't meant to be, I suppose. Oh, well...

Btw, thanks Andrzej, for the advice. I don't yet own the Calabasas house, so it took more time and effort for me. All in all, I got the earrings and the chunk-heeled shoes, and I'm okay with that.
    "Art...a result of the frustration with being normal..."