Weekend Event 1/15/2016 ~ And We're Back/Can't Keep a Great Forum Down :)

Comments

• TwiztidroseTwiztidrose Registered Users 423 Posts
    So there is a pet in Montana then? How much is he please??

And sooo happy the forums are back up! Missed reading everyone's posts!!! :)
    Liv Moore is my KKH doll.
    Trixie is my K&K doll. Add me!
    Shoot me a request on Game Center: TwiztidRose
    Let's be friends!! :cool: :D
  • HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts

5WQwbFuAWL4.jpg

I wonder what they will charge in the USA. My guess is $9.99 which Seems high for just one hairstyle and a dress. I wish there were also some accessories included. Im not sure if I will buy it. I like the hairstyle on Kim but I've regretted purchasing the last Kim's Closet hairstyle because Glu didn't create various shades within it so the blond looks awful on Dixie. While I like the blue dress, they should have changed the neckline so that our dolls bra didn't show. That's tacky.

Glu forgot the "low lights" on the last hairstyle from Kim's Closet. It doesn't have the depth that most of the hairstyles have (see below). They also screwed up and cut off the earring on The doll's right ear. With this "kim" hairstyle, it should show up but it disappears.
    (I included a couple other styles to illustrate the normal shading and how the earring shows up when the hairstyle is properly designed)

487BF55A-A13D-4DB4-939A-1023BE4CEB2C_zps0eybwmqw.jpg
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
    So there is a pet in Montana then? How much is he please??

And sooo happy the forums are back up! Missed reading everyone's posts!!! :)

Yes! The most adorable sheep dog! He is 50 K stars.
    I'm not buying pets in James's game because I've realized it doesn't make sense to BUT Dixie is decadent and has all the pets. As soon as the VIP event starts in a couple of hours, he is mine! ( I mean hers....)
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • TwiztidroseTwiztidrose Registered Users 423 Posts
    HollySisk wrote: »
    Yes! The most adorable sheep dog! He is 50 K stars.
    I'm not buying pets in James's game because I've realized it doesn't make sense to BUT Dixie is decadent and has all the pets. As soon as the VIP event starts in a couple of hours, he is mine! ( I mean hers....)

Ohh how cool. Thx love!!
    I'll be getting him too, but first to buy the house haha. I always buy the pets on all my dolls. The sheep dog is the last one I will need for my Kindle dolls, but my iPad doll still has a few houses and pets to go yet.
    Liv Moore is my KKH doll.
    Trixie is my K&K doll. Add me!
    Shoot me a request on Game Center: TwiztidRose
    Let's be friends!! :cool: :D
  • ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    I wonder what they will charge in the USA. My guess is $9.99 which Seems high for just one hairstyle and a dress. I wish there were also some accessories included. Im not sure if I will buy it. I like the hairstyle on Kim but I've regretted purchasing the last Kim's Closet hairstyle because Glu didn't create various shades within it so the blond looks awful on Dixie. While I like the blue dress, they should have changed the neckline so that our dolls bra didn't show. That's tacky.
    Wait... So the gown really has our doll's bras hanging out? Eew that's majorly tacky. But Erica needs a new wig, though. I'll endure a tacky gown for a brand new wig.
    GC: Zoë Strange
  • SassyVoguetteSassyVoguette Registered Users 1,510 Posts
    OMG, hiiiii guys! I've missed you so much! I'm so glad it's VIP event. I don't like anything lol, I may open just the box. And what's with the gown, where's the leg?!

I'll post my VIP champagne later xo
    Vats has my heart. Forever. 💕

iOS
    07/2014 
    Zoyechka wrote: »
    Wait... So the gown really has our doll's bras hanging out? Eew that's majorly tacky. But Erica needs a new wig, though. I'll endure a tacky gown for a brand new wig.

Yes. I doubt you can see it on a smaller device like a phone but I play on my iPads and I can see it.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • KatinkaeKatinkae Registered Users 845 Posts
    Omg the forum is BACK!! Finallyyyyyyy.

About the vip event i kinda like the earnable dress but hate the hair, and the hair on kim, but LOVE the blue dress... Decisions decisions
    Player since day 1 🤩 iOS 🇳🇴

📢 ‼️ let us exchange things in our closet we dont like into k stars/diamonds
  • kateliciouslykateliciously Registered Users 422 Posts
    I really don't get why Glu's giving us cowboy stuff again. Does anybody know how many K stars you have to spend to get the items?

So far I just know those:

Box - 15
    Earrings - 50
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    qEj4xHG.gif

soooo glad to see everyone again!

So, I wasn't so sure about the cowboy stuff, but once I saw my doll in it, I fell for it. That of course means I'll spend all weekend not getting or realizing I look too much like the sheriff in Misery.

PS, others were right about the cost of the Kim dress, hair, and stars in US, $9.99
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
    Oh, here is the dress on Kim:
    2mwte1t.jpg
  • KatinkaeKatinkae Registered Users 845 Posts
    I love the dress so much, but i dont want the ugly hair... And i guess its 500k stars.... I dont think its worth it....
    Player since day 1 🤩 iOS 🇳🇴

📢 ‼️ let us exchange things in our closet we dont like into k stars/diamonds
  • xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts
    Yes. I doubt you can see it on a smaller device like a phone but I play on my iPads and I can see it.

No you can totally still see it. Also the Kim hairstyle covers up all face contour on mine so it gives this egg- like look. Notice Kim has plenty of contour wearing the same style.
    GC: { Lucyxx }
  • ARTPOPARTPOP Registered Users 530 Posts
    LOVE the earn able items this week. The side shaved is a much have!!
    Oh, here is the dress on Kim:
    2mwte1t.jpg

The dress looks gorgeous on Kim!!! Thanks for finding it. I could always count on DMV to find the inspiration outfits so thank you very much for taking that on.

I don't think the dress translates well into our game. Its much better in real life. Hmmmm. I'll have to really think about spending my k stars. But I really really want to buy some Balmain so I will probably give in. LOL

One thing that I definitely noticed is that Glu did not make the earrings correctly. Look at them on Kim, they are mirror images of each other. Now look at what Glu created, they are identical. I hate it when earrings are like that! It's typically the mark of a cheap earring (or in this case, lazy design team).
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    The dress could've been a little better in terms of how it fits on the doll but it's cute. The earrings are fab too
    I really don't get why Glu's giving us cowboy stuff again. Does anybody know how many K stars you have to spend to get the items?

So far I just know those:

Box - 15
    Earrings - 50

The shaved side hairstyle is 300 K stars.

The cowboy stuff is to go with the new location of Montana. I really like some of the guys' items from this weekend.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    The dress looks gorgeous on Kim!!! Thanks for finding it. I could always count on DMV to find the inspiration outfits so thank you very much for taking that on.

I don't think the dress translates well into our game. Its much better in real life. Hmmmm. I'll have to really think about spending my k stars. But I really really want to buy some Balmain so I will probably give in. LOL

One thing that I definitely noticed is that Glu did not make the earrings correctly. Look at them on Kim, they are mirror images of each other. Now look at what Glu created, they are identical. I hate it when earrings are like that! It's typically the mark of a cheap earring (or in this case, lazy design team).

You're welcome. I think they should have kept the slim skirt of the original dress. It's from Pucci btw. :)

Yeah. I know but I think it's great that they're giving us black jewellery again.
    The shaved side hairstyle is 300 K stars.

The cowboy stuff is to go with the new location of Montana. I really like some of the guys' items from this weekend.

Thank you Holly. I guess I'll save my stars for another weekend instead of spending them on a hairstyle I like but don't love :)
    9528480A-6BA1-4920-AB30-8BD03E7C0B8D_zps1hwnojzd.jpg
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    Zoy - I love the Kim's Closet hairstyle on Zoë. Zoë looks beautiful!

D38527EC-E62B-4D24-B89D-233BD68E6720_zpsz9aw7bb5.png
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • trevoractortrevoractor Registered Users 1,114 Posts
    Spent 110 kstars on two Balmain items and idk if I'll go much further on this event. I'm not really digging the whole cowboy attire, maybe for a Halloween costume or something.

But anyway, I decided to open a box where I never usually do and if paid off!
    image_zpsq0ebfcnk.jpeg

The jacket was the only item of the giftboxes that I really liked.
    A+++ Lister // GameCenter: TrevorActor :cool:
  • MommyTo3MunchkinsMommyTo3Munchkins Registered Users 341 Posts
    I bought one item, and got the red neck tie. First of all, I always seem to get the special gift box item for the VIP event (when it doesn't help you get points) and never get them on regular weekends. Second, I always seem to get the one item that I don't really care about. *sigh*

~Melissa~
    GC: MommyTo3Munchkins

• Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    9528480A-6BA1-4920-AB30-8BD03E7C0B8D_zps1hwnojzd.jpg

I am legitimately SEETHING over the guys ponytail being a box item - I've wanting one for AGES now - as well as kicking myself for spending 200 stars last weekend instead.

We've been begging for longer styles and get them only in Star boxes? So messed up! I can only hope to earn 40 in stars this weekend to spend & possibly win I guess.
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    I feel you Andrzej!

I always thought the sentence 'my jaw dropped' was just an expression until today, when I saw the new ponytail, I stared at the screen of my device for a looooooooooong time until my open mouth began to ache!

That hair is fabulously perfect, I dare say it is the best long hair released for the game ever!

Guys I need a lot of emotional support from you this weekend so I won't gonna open those boxes!

I’m confident that Brad Pitt's hair will return at throwback # 3, so I'm finally going to have it, so better save my K-stars for this and hope that one day the ponytail also returns.

In my not so free box I received the jacket, but look at the hair right there below *sigh*
    XkQKVa7.png?1

I think girls' earnable hair is based on actress Natalie Dorman! I think it's very beautiful!
    y8hcpy4.jpg?1

I WON'T CRY! I WON'T CRY! I WON'T CRY! I WON'T CRY! I WON'T CRY! I WON'T CRY! I WON'T CRY! I WON'T CRY!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • BrianneBrianne Registered Users 144 Posts
    Sighs. Guys, am I really considering spending $40 on this game? It's not like I can't afford it but... that's a lot of money to spend on an app.
    Half of me is yelling, "treat yo' self" and the other half is just like, "don't."
    Gosh I need that hair. And that two-piece dress.
    add me on iOS Gamecenter: 3rianne
    My doll's name is Aria Hawke. 🌸
    jxNWP9a.jpg
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    It's Pillgrim. :)

Oh no. I'm so sorry, that's a typo and more. Never again will I mistype it miss Pillgrim. But you know I'm thinking of you, mispellings and all?

And, if you buy the outfit from Kim's Closet, it does NOT remove ads to the best of my knowledge. Purchases made in the StarShop count, and remove ads, but it's not the StarShop, it's Kim's closet so I'm pretty sure it will not remove the ads. Sorry, but even the smallest purchase of stars in the StarShop will remove the ads.

And, I'll brb with the picture of my helicopter.

Here you go, I don't recall I'm thinking it's about 320 Stars? and 10Stars for the Pink color.

bc696b47-1dad-4248-b0a8-038362aff25a_zpsm8aj6ka0.png

You can buy it in the London garage. :) Works like any car, and parks at the corner. So cool.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • MommyTo3MunchkinsMommyTo3Munchkins Registered Users 341 Posts
    Oh no. I'm so sorry, that's a typo and more. Never again will I mistype it miss Pillgrim. But you know I'm thinking of you, mispellings and all?

And, if you buy the outfit from Kim's Closet, it does NOT remove ads to the best of my knowledge. Purchases made in the StarShop count, and remove ads, but it's not the StarShop, it's Kim's closet so I'm pretty sure it will not remove the ads. Sorry, but even the smallest purchase of stars in the StarShop will remove the ads.

And, I'll brb with the picture of my helicopter.

The first time I bought something in the game was a Kim's pick (actually Khloe's outfit I believe) and it removed the ads for me. I don't know if we got stars at the same time or not though.

~Melissa~
    GC: MommyTo3Munchkins

• katiecatkatiecat Registered Users 102 Posts
    I really love the earnable hair but don't have 300 kstars to spend. And I wanted to try to save them for for a throwback sale...but that hair! :(
    Daily Android player. Wants all the friends.
    Doll: Helena (shows up as Katie).

Currently trying to transfer my game.