Updated: Don't uninstall or transfer your game before reading this

Comments

• LoveYou_KylieLoveYou_Kylie Registered Users 2 Posts
    PLEASE HELP
    I used to have 2 different accounts, one avatar in my iPhone, where I was so advanced like be in 1st place in the A-List and more, and another avatar in my iPad, which I start playing just 2 or 3 months ago, and I didn't played in this account as daily as the other in my iPhone. So, I did this stupid thing that I accidentally "restore" in my iPhone the game that was saved in iCloud, which was the game I play in my iPad, I don't know why. So I am desperate, and don't know what to do, please help me to recover my first game :(
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Hi LoveYou_Kylie, I'm so sorry this happened. I think your best bet is to contact customer care, tell them what happened and see what they suggest. I think this is beyond the scope of anyone here, since you want to maintain both accounts, and I wouldn't want any bad advice from me or anyone else to mess things up for you.

You can submit a ticket through your game. Is there any way that you have the HollywoodID # of the game that was overwritten? if so you should supply both numbers to Customer Care in your support ticket. Please let us know how you make out, my fingers are crossed for you LoveYou_K.

I see you started another thread. I'll copy this message there http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?198519-I-accidentally-clicked-in-quot-use-iCloud-game-quot please respond further in you need help in contacting customer care. :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    ๐Ÿฆ‹Purple Headed โ™Š+ ๐Ÿฅฅ Chick Playing iOS & Android ๐Ÿฆ‹
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐ŸŒŸIf you want my attention please send a dm
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • SamaraSsrSamaraSsr Registered Users 1 Posts
  • MommyTo3MunchkinsMommyTo3Munchkins Registered Users 341 Posts
    My game got accidentally deleted this morning after I even started this morning, completing the 2nd to last Marzio (or whatever his name was) gig. I tried to reinstall and use my saved game info, but when it first loaded I wasn't given the option. I deleted it again and reinstalled. I signed out and back into iTunes. This time, it allowed me to start from a saved game...but it gave me a game that was on level 5. :( I have my old game saved on my old phone (I switched phones in July.) I tried playing on that and reinstalling in hopes of transferring data...but it still isn't working. I am so bummed!

~Melissa~
    GC: MommyTo3Munchkins

I'm so sorry, and sorry I didn't see this. Were you able to get the old game installed? If you're still having a problem, can you still access and play the old game on your old device? If so, do that just to stay current.

You're ios, so, I would get on my computer, and go to Apple Support Chat. THey are awesome. explain the situation, she'll have you connect and save the old device game in itunes. then they'll talk you through what to do to get it on the newer device.

I got a late present last monday, and iPad Pro. ANd since i have 2 Apple IDs, one for iCloud one for itunes, I knew I needed help. THey got me up and running withing 10 minutes Please, I didn't have this advice on Christmas, and I'm sorry I didn't see this before.

Can we go forward trying to get the game over or is it too late? If you're highest game is on the old phone, and it's iOS, I KNOW we can get that moved over, but they don't call them Geniuses for nothing. Apple Support is wonderful for this. I know they can do it, as long as the old game is accessible. And, once you do it, you can do it periodically to ensure that the cloud has your current game in case Kidlets strike again. Fingers crossed, and waiting to hear back.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • MelintjieMelintjie Registered Users 5 Posts
    Is it possible to transfer the game from iOS to Android?
    No, I'm sorry, but platforms cannot be mixed. Are you switching phones or something? If you have another iOS device you can most probably transfer your game over to that device (if you have to trade in your current device or something), and then you begin a new game on your Android. A good number of us play two or more KK:H games. I'm one iOS and 2 Android. It's lovely over here in what we call the darkside.....when you play multiple games. If you play an android and an iOS game, then you can play with 90% of the players here.

So, while you can't move you iOS game over to an Android device...this is an opportunity to double down on the fun, in the dark side. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • girlsaidwhatgirlsaidwhat Registered Users 8 Posts
    I'm hoping someone here can help me. I've tried so many things to get this app to my new phone. My old phone has been acting glitchy. I got a new phone a week and a half ago, but have tried over and over again to get it to recognize my game progress in this app. I followed the instructions on this site, I tried the Samsung Switch App, etc. Just for clarity's sake, both phones are Samsung Galaxy S3. I'm currently on level 27; every once in a while I can get the new phone to recognize my game, but only at level 21. It's either level 21, or it doesn't recognize my game at all. I keep deleting and reinstalling on my new phone, hoping that somehow one of these times it'll recognize my game at my current level.

Glu support has been no help. They've told me it's not possible to transfer my progress/game at all, even after I explained to them that sometimes I can get it to recognize my game but only up to level 21. It's ridiculous for them to tell me that it isn't possible and that I'll have to start over, considering that. They've offered to give me my stars back, but then I lose my progress, items I've won through special events, and all that time I've invested. What I don't understand is why whatever servers save our progress haven't saved my progress since level 21. Is there a way to prompt the server to save a current game?

Compounding the issue is that the charger port on my old phone doesn't work, so I can't plug it into my computer and move files from my old phone to my computer. It's been a very frustrating week and a half. My SO's phone is nearly a brick; he's been waiting for my old phone (which, though glitchy, is way better than his phone), so he's frustrated too...and I can't just keep my old phone simply for this app because he'll have it on him. SO is a pretty great techie (for a living) and has been trying to help me get this figured out, but neither of us have been able to make progress.

Does anyone have any suggestions or advice? This honestly shouldn't be so hard. And if it IS this hard, they need to remove the info on this site explaining how to move your game to a new device, and take the "Saved Games" designation and icon off of the app in Google Play. Is this something that Google might be able to help me with? I'm so lost. :/
  • krolkrol Registered Users 35 Posts
    This is happening to me too, I'm trying to transfer from my tab to my phone, the game I can transfer is at the the exact point I was when we had the problem with Kim's birthday update, I can't transfer my actual game and it's strange because the game that transfer has a complete different Hollywood ID than the game that is on my tab, and until now, customer care has been no help, they just give me a copy of the help page or say I need to start again =/
    I'm sorry there are still transfer issues. I have to be honest, if anyone is transferring to a new iOS device, I just did this right after Christmas, and I contacted Apple Support, who with my laptop and my iPads live chatted me through the whole painless experience.

If you are Android, you need nerves of steel, and read as much as you can in the forums about transferring the game a few times over. Try not to delete the game from the 1st device until you see if pop up and play it on your new device. Since in girlsaidwhat's situation ......have you tried to contact Google? I have never had to, but it would be a logical place to start. I did talk to Samsung about saving the game, who gave me such a song and dance and were no help whatsoever, so if you want to try google, please let us know if they help.

But, I would go to the FAQ and study the steps they give to make the transfer. If I can gather any more info for either of you, I'll post more. But I would ultimately take it back to Glu Customer Care, and tell them you're concerned about the safety of your game, while following their posted instructions for such a transfer. I'm sorry I'm not more help.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Thanks, Koko. I haven't deleted the app from my first device. I've read and read and read here, and keep trying different things, and now I'm having trouble getting the new phone to even recognize me up to level 21 as it was doing before. Contacting Google will be my last resort, and I'm about at that point. If I get any actual help from them and it works, I'll certainly come back and update. :/
  • CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    There is a way to sync the app data to Google servers manually, but I'm not sure about it since it varies with circumstances. Here's if you wanna give it a try...

Settings > Accounts > Google and select sync now.

You should be able to see the date and time of the last backup under app data. Though I must warn you, it can overwrite your previous saved data and put you back to back to square one. :(
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • CrystalDiamondCrystalDiamond Registered Users 6 Posts
    I wanna to reset my iphone,i do this before year and i got to continue with game,i will get this also or i will start game again on begin?
    I would check the FAQs about that. This doesn't sound like it's a case of transferring your game to a new device. But if it's an iphone, I would contact Apple Support and check with them. THey'll walk you through making sure your game is backed up to the cloud.

If you're Android, I really don't have advice for you, I've never reset the phone. Maybe you should contact customer care and see what they suggest. If they tell you to go for it, and then there is a problem, at least you will have done it at their say so, and they might be able to help more.

Nice meeting you Crystal. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Charli, thanks for that. Unfortunately, that was one of the things Google had me do to try to force my phone to sync with their servers. It did absolutely nothing. I went through days of trying different things that Google had me try, and absolutely nothing has worked. I've gotten nowhere with Google or Glu. And now my new phone won't even recognize my game at level 21. I should have quit while I was ahead.

This has been beyond frustrating, to have a new phone but not be able to switch to it all because of this app. I know Glu will refund me the stars I've bought, etc. but there is no refund for the amount of time and energy spent, or the items I won during promotions, etc. It's really ridiculous. They shouldn't be able to have the "Saved Games" designation on the Google Play page if it doesn't work 100% across the board, and clearly it doesn't. I honestly don't think I have the heart to begin all over again from scratch. It took so much time and work to get to level 27. I'm nearly in the top 10, too. I am just about out of options at this point, though. :(
  • CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    Well if it's of any consolation, I had to restart my game in May. I was so far... I died a little inside! But here I am again. It wasn't that hard you know, I progressed quickly compared to my first time. And I made sure not to repeat my mistakes again.

I'd suggest you to try again, it's like choosing a comeback story. The struggle is real, but don't give up yet!
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
    I'm so sad to hear this. I can only think that in some situations everything is aligned, and then in some it's just not. Bilal is right, try not to be so discouraged that you walk away from the game. :(
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • candigirl84candigirl84 Registered Users 1 Posts
    I play this game on my Amazon Kindle Fire HDX tablet. It has Amazon Game Circle, which I guess would be their equivalent to whatever Google has to let you save game progress on one device and continue on another. I've gone very far in this game and I don't want to loose my progress when I get a new Kindle. Does the game transfer work for Amazon, too?
    I was coming here to report that I got my new Samsung Note 5 smartphone, and it took the transfer effortlessly. The worst part was trying to open the game about 3 times before it 'hooked' in. I was honestly anxious, but once again. it worked.

Now, as far as the Kindle, I would suggest you submit a ticket to customer care, and ask them whether you can follow the iOS or Android basic instructions, and any advice they have for you. I've done iOS, and I've done Android each twice. I know others have not been so lucky, but I just had to say, one more success story. And I followed the instructions from the Game FAQs.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Well, I'm keeping my old phone just for this stinkin' app. My DH was supposed to get my old phone, but I managed to s****e up enough $ to get him another one, so I could keep this old one just for this app. It's completely ridiculous, but I'm just not willing to give up all the promotional items I've earned, all the levels I've gained, etc. I hope that at some point they fix this and get their act together so I don't have to juggle two phones, because that's completely ridiculous. But for now, it's a solution. So very, very frustrating.
    I was prepared to keep my old phone, incase it didn't transfer, Now I'm just keeping that old game there incase my new one fails, at least I won't be back at the beginning. Any chance your using an iphone? I'll look back

ETA: ok, Android. Pffft. Girlsaidwhat, since you still have the game active on your old phone, there is no reason why you can't keep trying to make to transfer. So, what network is it, and can you go to where you got it, and see if they can help make the transfer? My Att guy transfered all my husband's stuff over, and told me he'd do mine, but I chose to do it myself. So, are there any people involved in the purchase/setup of the device that can help you out?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • lewbrulewbru Registered Users 1 Posts
    Well now I'm ****ed someone could have said sooner, I deleted my a lister save and now re downloaded after playing Kendall and kylies game but no save grr
    I'm sorry this happened, but why would you delete your game? As far as 'someone could have said sooner" did you ask for advice? All of the instructions for transfers say don't delete the game till it appears on your new device. If you want to post more details, like what you were trying to do, your platform etc, maybe we can try and help.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • suplangdonsuplangdon Registered Users 215 Posts
    Ugh lost my phone this weekend so lost all my progress. Wish this saved like k&k
    Oh man. I literally lost EVERYTHING! All of the gems and money I wasted. That's absolutely crazy. You would think if you spend money on something they would have the sense to keep that associated with an account. I can't believe this, I will never spend another dollar on this game. I have easily spent $100 probably since I started playing in October. I am TOTALLY bummed out
    Hi. You tried to transfer your game? What platform are you playing? If you're iOS and you got a new phone, Apple Support can help as long as you were backing up to the cloud. If you're android and you were backing up to GooglePlay, you should be able to get the game back. I've transfered my iOS game to a new device twice, and I've transferred each of my two Android games once. All 4 transfers went the same procedure wise from the first time in Sept of 2014, through the last time in January.

I don't see how it's accurate to say the games don't save the same way as KKG, based on the limited info you provided, when I've transferred the KKH 4 times, 3 different games and it went through each time. If you are just looking to vent about the situation, we have a vent thread in General Discussion. If you're trying to give a transfer another chance, then please add more info so we can try to offer advice.

Did you get a new device? Or is the lost phone the end of it at this point? I'm sorry this happened. It's very frustrating to see people's games being lost, when based on my experience, your game should transfer without a hitch. When it's a scheduled or planned transfer you have the ability to make sure you're saving to the cloud, you can check (iOS) to see what backsups you have saved in the cloud, and to just ensure you haven't missed a step. Without the original device, you have no way of being sure how you were set, if you can't just set up the new device with the same info as the old device, and trying to start your game again.

I'm sorry this happened, but you might be able to try and get the game back on a new device. It's a Krapshoot, but don't give up till it's absolutely certain that it's gone. I'll check back later, but in the meantime, if you're Apple, then contact Apple Support from a computer using instant chat with Apple Support, so your device is free to follow their instructions. Fingers crossed, and good luck.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Yes, I got a new device. I am playing on apple. The old phone was lost accidentally. When I tried to play the game on my new device it wanted me to start brand new, gave me no option to continue. I tried everything but could not get it to trigger the option of continuing my new game. I do not automatically save things to the iCloud, so I do not know if apple will be able to help me. Matter of fact I haven't backed my phone up in months and lost tons of personal pictures too.

On k&k there is an actual button that you can press "load saved data" that lets you force it into getting data off the cloud so you can pick off where you left off. So it saves differently than KKH
    The fact that you weren't backing up to the iCloud might be a dead end, maybe not. Thanks for the full picture.

I understand you don't have the phone, but you posted in the transfer your game thread, so I approached it from that angle. I also honestly didn't know if you came in looking for help, or simply a devastated cry that the game was gone..in other words, just a vent. The instructions proceed as if you have the old device, but that doesn't meant you can't transfer without it. It's a safeguard. But the game is either in your device or the cloud. and I'm hoping it backed up even though you didn't manually go in and tell it to save to the cloud.

I would still contact Apple Support. The chat people there are incredible. Since your old phone was set up with your Apple account, ask them if there is any chance it's there in the cloud. If it is, or if there is at least an earlier save, they will be able to help you retrieve it.

In each new device, I had to try to open the game, close, reopen and that's when the choice of game data would appear. It would list the brand new started and closed game data, and the older played game data. If at any point, that kind of box pops up, carefully read the data for what they'd call Device A and Device B. One will say level 7 or something, with very low stats, the other will be much higher, more xp, probably more cash etc. Take a deep breath and make sure you choose the right game data given the chance.

If you chat with AppleSupport, while you have your device available, they'll walk you through the steps of setting up to save to iTunes as well, stay with you through all the steps, and if the game is available, they'll help you retrieve it. It's a good idea to get the latest itunes program on your laptop or computer, support will help you set it up to save both to the cloud, and through itunes.

I'm so sorry this happened to you. ANd the button on KKG sounds great. It sounds like all the 'save' steps in one convenient button. But, the same thing can be done when you back up to the cloud. It's just not a simple button. If you get your game retrieved, be sure and set the device to back up.

Bottom line, being an Apple product is the best news you have. Because if there is any way to get the game back, Apple Support Chat will make it happen. Come back and let us know what happens. I've got my fingers crossed for Apple coming through.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    The fact that you weren't backing up to the iCloud might be a dead end, maybe not. Thanks for the full picture.

I understand you don't have the phone, but you posted in the transfer your game thread, so I approached it from that angle. I also honestly didn't know if you came in looking for help, or simply a devastated cry that the game was gone..in other words, just a vent. The instructions proceed as if you have the old device, but that doesn't meant you can't transfer without it. It's a safeguard. But the game is either in your device or the cloud. and I'm hoping it backed up even though you didn't manually go in and tell it to save to the cloud.

I would still contact Apple Support. The chat people there are incredible. Since your old phone was set up with your Apple account, ask them if there is any chance it's there in the cloud. If it is, or if there is at least an earlier save, they will be able to help you retrieve it.

In each new device, I had to try to open the game, close, reopen and that's when the choice of game data would appear. It would list the brand new started and closed game data, and the older played game data. If at any point, that kind of box pops up, carefully read the data for what they'd call Device A and Device B. One will say level 7 or something, with very low stats, the other will be much higher, more xp, probably more cash etc. Take a deep breath and make sure you choose the right game data given the chance.

If you chat with AppleSupport, while you have your device available, they'll walk you through the steps of setting up to save to iTunes as well, stay with you through all the steps, and if the game is available, they'll help you retrieve it. It's a good idea to get the latest itunes program on your laptop or computer, support will help you set it up to save both to the cloud, and through itunes.

I'm so sorry this happened to you. ANd the button on KKG sounds great. It sounds like all the 'save' steps in one convenient button. But, the same thing can be done when you back up to the cloud. It's just not a simple button. If you get your game retrieved, be sure and set the device to back up.

Bottom line, being an Apple product is the best news you have. Because if there is any way to get the game back, Apple Support Chat will make it happen. Come back and let us know what happens. I've got my fingers crossed for Apple coming through.

Just talked to apple. Looks like I don't have a backup of my old phone on the cloud and since the phone is lost, there isn't really anything they can do. I can try on my desktop to see what backup I have there but Im pretty sure it's a few months. But hey that's still probably better than starting the game all over. I'm obviously upset most about losing all the content I won in events but more importantly the numerous things I bought with gems.

Sorry for posting in the wrong thread, i figured this was probably the closest involved thread to try and get some advice.
  • ValelaValela Registered Users 11 Posts
    because of the game does not uninstall, Then the Backup behind for data files, However the system resumption of mobile, When are mobile still has data files, so this way can remedying fix ?