Visiting Hours - General Chat when you're out of commission

twofangstwofangs Registered Users 75 Posts
From Koko: Opening this thread, from posts in other threads, for off topic, general chat, just a place to while away the time when you're under the weather. Anyone who is suffering illness, feel better soon, and if you'd like a little down home CandyStriping.......Welcome.

I'm so sorry Randi. I have reached out to Glu again, with the info that the reboots aren't working for everyone. If I hear anything, I'll come back with it right away. I am sorry it's happening.

And, this sounds frivolous while people can't get the event points, but if I haven't made your Christmas gift graphic, please post a pic of your doll and I'll be happy to make yours.

I'm sorry for not responding to you earlier Koko, I'm in hospital due to my kinda out-of-control Crohn's Disease.

A little frivolity would truly brighten up my life:
I am tied up to tubes and wires and they put me in quarantine (so as to protect myself from other hospital patients' illnesses) and thus have little access to devices to conjure up a cool photo for you.

Enjoying (*so not*) a blood transfusion which is why I'm up at this insane hour.

So I will take you up on your next gift gesture, and don't think it goes unnoticed by me or anyone else how much you go out of your way to help everyone.

Wish me luck for the NYE event, maybe I will get super-lucky.

Again Koko, thank you.

Warmly,
Randi
*what scares you most will set you free*
~ robyn hitchc0ck

Comments

• kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    wow Randi, that is not where you should be, but since you are, consider me your personal virtual Candystriper. I always got lost taking things to different departments, but I was the most cheerful chick in a striped dress you'd ever seen. so,You get whatever graphics you'd like when you're ready. I'm on my iPad now, but pop into the party thread and I'll put together a YouTube set of hospital videos. Lol. They maybe a little strange, but it will make you chuckle. I hope you're better soon and out of there. and I'm sending good thoughts for your NyEve the clothes are lovely. ;0
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • twofangstwofangs Registered Users 75 Posts
    wow Randi, that is not where you should be, but since you are, consider me your personal virtual Candystriper. I always got lost taking things to different departments, but I was the most cheerful chick in a striped dress you'd ever seen. so,You get whatever graphics you'd like when you're ready. I'm on my iPad now, but pop into the party thread and I'll put together a YouTube set of hospital videos. Lol. They maybe a little strange, but it will make you chuckle. I hope you're better soon and out of there. and I'm sending good thoughts for your NyEve the clothes are lovely. ;0

I *love* that you were a candy-striper!!

Volunteers like you have been helping me since I was 11, you truly have my respect and admiration.:)

So...I'm still in hospital, in part 'cause my nephew visited while he had a sinus infection.

(Oh yeah you read that right.)

He and his family live in NYC but were in Toronto for the holidays; sadly no one told me he had started antibiotics the night before they arrived.

Don't get me wrong, I am grateful they wanted to see me, I just wish it had been handled differently.

Now I have an upper respiratory infection on top of a sinus infection on top of regular Crohn's business; I am spending much time trying to be zen about the whole thing.

I am here for a minimum of two more weeks, hopefully the antibiotics will rid me of this bacteria that requires me to use oxygen 24/7 and to inhale hospital-grade asthma masks every few hours to help with that breathing-thing.

Anyway, I really don't mean to be whiny, I am just frustrated and tired.

Though I don't know what you look like, I will forever imagine you in my mind's eye in a candy-striper dress.;)

Maybe I will take you up on your video offer in the next party thread...if you wouldn't mind?

I doubt your ideas are much (if any) stranger than mine so please, fire away dear Koko.

Yet again, I thank you for reading my meanderings.
    ~ robyn hitchc0ck
    Mine was pink/white, my bestie striped at a different hospital was blue and white. So, one day my Sailor boyfriend was in a Navy hospital (don't ask) and my friend and I went to visit. You wouldn't believe it, but way past visiting hours, because the two of us were in 'uniform' we were able to freely wander the wards, get tossed in the pool, dry off in the bathroom with the fans, and a hundred times that day we must have been stopped by people, uniformed and not telling us what a wonderful thing we were doing. Hello...there are no candy stripers in a naval hospital, b, the uniforms would have matched, and it just blew my mind. That was such a fun day.

But, back to you, an upper respiratory infection? Well, that begs for a video. Every see Guys and Dolls?

Feel better, and we're here for your amusement. I'll be back with a new link for you in a little bit. :)

ETA: Ok, I was 15, he was 22 and a nutjob. But what they say about a uniform is oh so true. It was a rush, so braking rules, and have military officers in hats with brass on them stopping 2 crazy chicks in mismatched uniforms stopping to shake our hands. I don't know I think they must have thought the hospital finally started using candy stripers, because everyone was happy to see us.

Tomorrow's amusing bigraphical anecdote is patient's choice. Would you like to hear about how I had a perfectly healthy apendix removed in order to pass a Chem and Algebra Regents exam?

Or, the story of spending the night hitchiking to and from Kennedy Airport, getting picked up by the same rentacops twice, and tricking travel weary Germans into driving us home, and ditching them on the streets of Suburban Long Island while my girlfriend and I ran through backyards to make our escape. I would have loved to stick around and see the look on my math teachers face, when 5 Germans rang her bell at 2:30 asking her where the girls were who were going to cook them steak dinners and party with them, but we made tracks to get to another neighborhood and continue our crazy night. Served her right for not being able to teach, and those Germans for picking up 15 year old girls in an airport. Welcome to New York.

Feeling better yet Randi?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    You are so totally cool Koko...:D

So...I had a...setback...and am in ICU...lost a ton of blood and my body couldn't handle the shock.

I don't remember much, they kept me pretty sedated, but I ain't leavin' anytime soon.

Not supposed to have iPads and the like here, but a nurse is looking the other way, yay!!

I am a bit hysterical after finding out yesterday David Bowie died, I adore him and admire him and his body of art.
    (interviewed him once, he was very yummy)

But a giant hole in the fabric of the world has been ripped away forever..."and the stars look very different today."

Are you a Bowie girl?

And then, holy moly, Alan Rickman died.
    Fell in love with him in "Truly, Madly, Deeply" and "Sense a And Sensibility"... what a week!!
    *sigh*

I must say I love the video you chose for me. :)

And your stories make me smile, those are indispensable when in hospital.

I don't know which tale to pick next, they are both so intriguing...which do you feel like sharing?

Oops, I got the look, gotta go.

Hope all is well in your life and the world of Glu.

Randi
    ~ robyn hitchc0ck
    I woke up in the Hospital a few days after Thanksgiving a number of years back. I remember the tuesday before Thanksgiving, I went to ceramics, came home and had a headache. That never happens. So I took 2 aspirin and woke up 6 days later. Aspirin made my stomach bleed. Never made THAT mistake again. lol. Ok, Here is the "I can't do math, I already lost my apendix story" Wild child over here, with a crazy father who taught high school science. I am a creative soul, no head for math or science, much to daddy's chagrin. I knew I wasn't going to pass the midterms in Algebra and Chem. I had a friend who's father was a doctor, Suzy. Suzy ended up in the hospital with 'apendicitis' we visited and she passed along the vital info that there is no way to prove you have apendicitis. Therefore, my brain stored that fact, and more importantly that it would therefore be no way to prove you DIDN"T have apendicitis. Suzy was released, it was just a stomach ache. Months later, midterm time.....I might get something in the 20-27 range on the tests. So, I grabbed my side and writhed in pain (I imagined the reaction my parents would have when I failed these two regents exam classes, so the pain was real ;) ) and off to the doctor we went. Then to the surgeon, when the GP said "I think it's apendicitis" KaChing. Just the diagnosis I was hoping for. (Parents had great insurance, when insurance meant something) Surgeon concurs.....apendicitis.....calls to have me admitted. They kept me for 3 weeks. this test, that test, Barium both ways so they meet in the middle if you know what I mean. I admitted to No One that I was faking it. After 3 weeks, I let the pain subside, and I was realeased. My parents gave me the sad news, that under the circumstances there was no way I would pass math and Chem, so brace myself, I'll have to go to summer school. TO my teacher parents, being in the hospital was a legit reason for their daughter to be a dullard in the situation. So, ok, do my best, but summer school looms. I was 17, I was cagy, and calculating. But I didn't think of the big picture. Summer school comes, I'm taking two classes, but oh no. I still don't know what the frontdoor I'm doing. Summer school regents exams are coming up...think, think, think. I grabbed my side, cried out in pain and next thing I knew, I was in the hospital again. I had my perfectly good apendix taken out the next day. Surgeon said The apendix was wrapped around the large intestine, and they removed some big ole cysts. He even said he was sorry he didn't take it out back in May. (half of me says this is BS, he found a healthy apendix and covered his butt for taking it out, ) I'm in pain, I can't laugh, can't walk, full of painful gas and then this woman with a clipboard and brief case came in and said she was there to administer the regents. I was less than 20 hours out of the OR and a proctor is here to give me 2 regents. Oh kill me now. Brainiac that I liked to think I was, I had neglected to factor this into the equation. Whatevs, I took the exams, positive that everyone would understand I'd just had 'major' surgery so I struggled. I KNOW I couldn't have earned more than maybe a 40 on the Alegebra, and Chem? I think as a personal affront to my father, I was especially stupid in science. I'm guessing a 27 on the Chem. I left the hospital, went home, and waited. I knew I was taking those classes again, and again, I'd probably still be there now taking those classes, except........turns out the proctor also graded my exams.......I got a 67 on the chem, and 73 on the Algebra. And that passed me, and I never took another high school math or science class. So, what happened? My parents both teachers in the town, had a lot of friends. So whether the proctor knew my parents, or the proctor felt sorry for someone taking the tests from the hospital, or it was God saying 'she paid with her appendix, but I was done and I passed both those regents. So now, when asked to do math, like the quest where we had to decide where to market our KKH fashion, I simply reply "I can't do math......I have no appendix" This would never happen today. Insurance is pushing women out of the hospital 4 hours after giving birth, 3 weeks and no one figured out I was faking it. I think at the time, I honestly thought my father would beat the poo out of me if I failed anything, so desperate times = desperate measures.

But, back to you. any idea when you'll be getting out? I love David Bowie. He was a true chameleon. I absolutely fell in love with him through his music. I picture him and John Lennon singing in heaven.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • BobbieMBobbieM Registered Users 789 Posts
    Randi, I don't think we've interacted much on the forum but I was in the ICU for 3 weeks following a car accident so I do know how much that sucks. I hope your are feeling better soon and that you can get back to doing things that you love soon. It's certainly no place to be. Here's to happy healing vibes coming your way. I'm also sends my my prayers for your QUICK recovery.
    Brooklyn (GC is Bobbie629) • A+++ Player!
    • Married to Jackson White (GC is MomBLuz6) • Comeback #1
    • Daily player for Kim Kardashian Hollywood
    • iOS Player Only • Mommy to Baby Annabelle & Elijah!
    Please excuse the type-o's.. I'm on my phone and it doesn't like to write what I'm typing!
    BobbieM wrote: »
    Randi, I don't think we've interacted much on the forum but I was in the ICU for 3 weeks following a car accident so I do know how much that sucks. I hope your are feeling better soon and that you can get back to doing things that you love soon. It's certainly no place to be. Here's to happy healing vibes coming your way. I'm also sends my my prayers for your QUICK recovery.

Koko, I think this is a wonderful idea for a thread.:D

We all need some candy-stripe-ing when times are tough and as soon as I am out of my hospital-mess I too will check this thread everyday.

I am a very good listener and have years (and years) of experience with chronic illness (sick since I was 11) so I hope in the future I can be helpful to someone else.

We go through difficult times (that suck) to learn compassion, empathy, the value of life and how to be a better person; at least that's how I see it.

Thank you for your kind words BobbieM!!

I have read so many of your posts, I am just quite shy to jump into discussions, everyone here seems very friendly but I am afraid of interrupting.

I will most definitely take your vibes and thank you for the prayers, you are very sweet and thoughtful and I will not forget it.:D

Thanks again Koko.
    (I will respond to your post shortly.)

Warmly,
    Randi
    ~ robyn hitchc0ck
    No such thing as interrupting in this forum unless you were to knock the laptop or device out of someone's hand as they were posting. I'm up too early because my body said
    its time to get up and start the event, but the fact was, I was an hour early. Lol.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    No such thing as interrupting in this forum unless you were to knock the laptop or device out of someone's hand as they were posting. I'm up too early because my body said
    its time to get up and start the event, but the fact was, I was an hour early. Lol.

I am feeling a bit better (finally!!) and there is talk of my going home Valentine's Day weekend.

I am very greateful to you Koko for setting time aside for me, you are a lovely human (that is one heck of a human in Randi-speak).

So...I am going to post in a thread where the conversation seems active...likely the weekend thread.

Wish me luck!!

p.s. Did I thank you for the Bowie & Lennon?
    You totally blew my mind.
    Merci beaucoup.:)
    Do you have any other cool Bowie up your sleeve?
    Hint, hint...wink, wink...?:D
    ~ robyn hitchc0ck
    Yay. You'll love it there. I'd love to play dj for you. Not sure if I did or not. Oooooh, there is a video from years ago shot in an old abandoned Mental Health facility nearby, that has since been torn down. It's got a post punk theme, and I have to find it now for you. I'll plop that in the event thread for you, :) Or leave it here. :)

So happy you're getting out soon. How are you feeling? Being discharged is one thing, feeling all better is another. And when you get out, be careful that you don't overdo things when you get out. :)

This is the version with the hospital, Kings Park Psychiatric, but there is a really weird one. here

Gotta Love the Fuzztones Anyway, it was Hospital themes and a fun little number. My fave it the 2nd one I just linked. Very bizarre.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • AmyTAmyT Registered Users 1,164 Posts
    Hey everyone :) this is the first time I've written in over a month. As a few of you know, I've not been too well. I got home from hospital earlier today :) I'm getting better by the day and I've missed my forum friends. I've never met you in person, however the concern, support and kind words I've received have meant so much and definitely aided my recovery.

This is such a nice idea for a thread. Sometimes when you're under the weather you don't feel like chatting much but just to leave a message for everyone can really brighten your day if you're not feeling yourself.

I'm sending my best wishes to Twofangs and everyone else who has posted in this thread. I hope you get well soon.

I haven't played my Kkh game for weeks now! I think I my start again this weekend event if I'm up to it. I just noticed there's a new update! I can't wait to look at that thread and see all the new clothes etc.

Hope everyone is well. Virtual hugs (from myself and Madison!) Xo
    Top 20 +++
    My doll's name is Madison :)
    (~~ one cat short of crazy! ~~)

iOS player ~~ GC AmyTMadison
    Pm me if you'd like to add Madison on Facebook :)

#fangsforNai
  • CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    Literally now I was just thinking about you. Glad you're here, Amy.

Hope you feel better soon :)
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
    Hey Charli! Thank you, so nice to hear from you :) hope to chat more at the weekend event :)
    Top 20 +++

#fangsforNai
  • MommyTo3MunchkinsMommyTo3Munchkins Registered Users 341 Posts
    AmyT wrote: »
    Hey Charli! Thank you, so nice to hear from you :) hope to chat more at the weekend event :)

I was wondering what happened to you. I noticed that your doll wasn't changing clothes, and I hoped you hadn't quit. I hope you continue to feel better!

~Melissa~
    GC: MommyTo3Munchkins

AmyT wrote: »
    Hey everyone :) this is the first time I've written in over a month. As a few of you know, I've not been too well. I got home from hospital earlier today :) I'm getting better by the day and I've missed my forum friends. I've never met you in person, however the concern, support and kind words I've received have meant so much and definitely aided my recovery.
    This is such a nice idea for a thread. Sometimes when you're under the weather you don't feel like chatting much but just to leave a message for everyone can really brighten your day if you're not feeling yourself.

I'm sending my best wishes to Twofangs and everyone else who has posted in this thread. I hope you get well soon.

I haven't played my Kkh game for weeks now! I think I my start again this weekend event if I'm up to it. I just noticed there's a new update! I can't wait to look at that thread and see all the new clothes etc.

Hope everyone is well. Virtual hugs (from myself and Madison!) Xo

WBPurple.gif

We missed you. So glad you're back, the update is something special. In my opinion, the highlight is that your hubby can start paying for the occasional date, and you will now get gifts. So far, I've gotten earrings, a ring, and I know a gorg plum dress in in my future. So, that's big. Rest, take it easy, and ease back into the swing of things.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Thanks guys :) I'm so pleased to be back.

Yeah, that outfit that Madison was wearing for weeks definitely needs a trip to the dry cleaners lol!

OMG, our spouses can take us on dates? Finally! That's amazing.

I'm sooooo lucky, I thought for sure the husband would have divorced my doll but luckily the place she was when I last played was Oak. I just opened my game and straight away called him for a date and there was no divorce call! HOW LUCKY?! I haven't played in weeks.

Also loving the new new clothes from this update! Especially the grey coat :)
    Top 20 +++

#fangsforNai
    I think after a certain point, hubby goes into hibernation, You know, my games have a new routine. I usually end the night tapping out any spare energy into a shift at Kardash Soho. From now on, instead of shutting down, I'll go nextdoor and have a nightcap at Oak, and shut down there. park in a safe spot, you can just pick up where you left off pretty much.

That's great Amy.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary