Weekend Event 2/05/16 ~Ultimate Tailgate Party (Balmain or Ballgaim? How bout both?

kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
Event_Super_Bowl.jpg

For the longest time, Football and Kim went hand in hand.
Now she's the MVP in Kanye's Game.

But before that, she was stealng the limelight, in a post Superbowl interview with her BF at the time Reggie Bush, he's the one who won the game, but she ran off with the interview.

It was 2010, I'm sure the tapes online if you want to see it.

But now, the real MVP is clearly Kim. No longer stealing interviews, she's the star of the whole thing.

So, as we ready for the Game on Sunday, the Half time show, and the Heros and Chili (Pass the hot wings) -

Let's make the thread the Ultimate in TailGate parties - where fans gather to party in the parking lot, waiting for the stadium gates to open.

While we wonder in gleeful anticipation, about an event we believe 'might' be VIP,
with Rumblings of More Balmain? Which begs the question.....Who's the star?

Balmain or BallGame?

We'll have virtual food, fun, music and more.
And a sneak peak within 24 hours hopefully of the Event Clothes.

So let's get it started.

And by the time it's all over, someone will be singing.

If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
I Am NOT a Glu Employee
🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
💜Vats
💜#VipKalinda
#RecollectionsMayVary
Prev134567

Comments

• CilanCilan Registered Users 298 Posts
    I dislike football and don't understand why people go so crazy over watching other guys throw b alls (apparently this is censored LOL) around instead of going out themselves to play it.... haha. xD But good for the fans as that means there is less people outside shopping for me! But I am more than excited to see what the weekend event clothes are! I am waiting for the release of that facial hair on the previews. Ack.
  • Tarabella08Tarabella08 Registered Users 465 Posts
    I love this forum so much!! I'm always excitedly waiting for the weekends because of you guys (and gals) ;) I'm going into this weekend with good thoughts and wanting to have fun :) I'm also hoping the event boxes suck, or that everyone gets a better chance at getting something good haha :) either way, I'm just going to have fun and only open my freebie! I should've been thinking about the throwback sale last weekend.. I forgot that I was saving my stars up for it, and (dumbly) chased the hair. I got the hair, but I'm having serious gamblers remorse now! Is that a real thing? Ha!

Okay, no more about last weekend! Sooo.. Is everyone thinking a VIP weekend? I'll be so cool with that, especially if we get k stars for jobs again! Then I can start saving up again!! I hope everyone has great luck and boxes this weekend, and mostly I hope everyone has FUN!!!! :D
    GC: tarabella08
    Feel free to add me! I love playing with new friends :)
    XoXo
  • MommyTo3MunchkinsMommyTo3Munchkins Registered Users 341 Posts
    I like your play on words, Koko! Made me chuckle. :)

~Melissa~
    GC: MommyTo3Munchkins

• KatinkaeKatinkae Registered Users 845 Posts
    Do anyone know what kind of event it will be? :-)
    Player since day 1 🤩 iOS 🇳🇴

📢 ‼️ let us exchange things in our closet we dont like into k stars/diamonds
  • FrancescahillFrancescahill Registered Users 1,288 Posts
    Katinkae wrote: »
    Do anyone know what kind of event it will be? :-)

It's a VIP event.
    I love this forum so much!! I'm always excitedly waiting for the weekends because of you guys (and gals) ;) I'm going into this weekend with good thoughts and wanting to have fun :) I'm also hoping the event boxes suck, or that everyone gets a better chance at getting something good haha :) either way, I'm just going to have fun and only open my freebie! I should've been thinking about the throwback sale last weekend.. I forgot that I was saving my stars up for it, and (dumbly) chased the hair. I got the hair, but I'm having serious gamblers remorse now! Is that a real thing? Ha!

Okay, no more about last weekend! Sooo.. Is everyone thinking a VIP weekend? I'll be so cool with that, especially if we get k stars for jobs again! Then I can start saving up again!! I hope everyone has great luck and boxes this weekend, and mostly I hope everyone has FUN!!!! :D

Why? I hate when they make ugly items.
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    They say it's a VIP, but 'they' is from an unknown source (it might be that Russian group that provides the early Event clothes, maybe somewhere else) someone posted in the Update thread I think, not sure where I saw it. They projected the next 3 weeks.
    Valentines Event - Dating
    Next week - Parties
    Week after that - Gig Weekend

But, we've heard nothing from Glu.

I for one, have no interest in football. I get the concept of baseball, your run around a diamond, and the goal is to go home. Cool. But football? They can't seem to make up their mind which way to run. If it weren't for the sight of all these big burly men running around in spandex tights, I'd have no interest at all. I do love the party, and the half time show. The year Janet had her infamous nipslip, my husband and son were upstairs doing something during half time because they weren't interested in Justin or Janet. So I was the only who saw it. They haven't missed a half time show since. (Ok, I had Tivo, and played it back for them, but it's not the same as live.

I have a knack, and a pretty good track record of selecting the winning team, When they come out, I pick the uniform I like best. I usually nail down my pick by the first bend over (huddle) and I see all those bottoms in the air. I HAVE to have my selection made before any score. If the uniforms do nothing for me, but they have a great design on the helmet, I usually go that way. Of course, now that I've made this remark in the open forum, my necks on the line. It's a lot of pressure, but i'll try on Sunday to pick the team. One problem, I did already see an article about the teams uniform selection for the game, so it may be broken.
    Try and play with me, if you've got the game on, before the game starts, watch the player's rear ends, if one grabs your attention, give the field another little look around and lock in your selection. See if your pick doesn't win. I've been doing this for about 20 years, and I have about a 90% success rate.
    Hey, did you guys see the graphic posted showing new pieces of Balmain we dont' have......yet. If it IS Balmain this weekend, we'll have more to add to our Balmain thread.
    Anyone have any SuperBowl party stories? Are you going to one? Or, if the SuperBowl doesn't figure into your weekend, we'll try and give you a virtual SuperBowl Party right here. Anyone know who the half time entertainment is this year? I remember the Aerosmith show. I love Steven Tyler. Here's a clip for 2001 Aerosmith, Brittney, NSync, MaryJ Blige. Wow. Feel the excitement in the arena.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Cilan wrote: »
    I dislike football and don't understand why people go so crazy over watching other guys throw b alls (apparently this is censored LOL) around instead of going out themselves to play it.... haha. xD But good for the fans as that means there is less people outside shopping for me! But I am more than excited to see what the weekend event clothes are! I am waiting for the release of that facial hair on the previews. Ack.

YES. Shopping. I LOVE the emptiness of the malls, and the stores on SuperBowlSunday. There is no one out there. I'll go find that graphic and post it here for us to drool over. ;)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • katiecatkatiecat Registered Users 102 Posts
    I adore these Thursday posts and always look forward to them now! The opening for this one was super cute Koko! Thanks for the early morning smile. :)
    Daily Android player. Wants all the friends.
    Doll: Helena (shows up as Katie).

Currently trying to transfer my game.
    Aww, thank you katiecat. Have you picked up your event Helmet?
    Midorihat2.jpg

Of kourse, if you're worried about Helmet Hair ......Here's Kim with another way to enjoy this pop of kolor.

Midori_Kim.jpg

Speaking of a pop of kolor......I hope this weekend events have some. I love Black and grey, but we love the way she used to rock hot colors.

Speaking of hot....we're headed for another SnowStorm in NY this event...so we'll be having hot cocoa with out Nachos and Hot Wings.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • cocofabulouscocofabulous Registered Users 442 Posts
    I'm still bitter the Pats didn't make the Super Bowl and I'm definitely rooting for Carolina to destroy Denver. ;)

Really happy it's a VIP weekend- I don't feel like grinding at all after last weekend. I hope we get a great outfit (and awesome hair, pllllllease!). :)
    GC: Coco Fabulous
  • katiecatkatiecat Registered Users 102 Posts
    Aww, thank you katiecat. Have you picked up your event Helmet?

Haha well, I'm not into sports so I'll probably go the route Kim is going!

Stay warm in all that NY snow! Down south our "cold front" is 50-60°, which is a bit of a bummer.

I'm actually not all that pleased about another VIP event. I've never made it to the last outfit in the earnables. I prefer to grind and save my stars for that elusive throwback sale...sigh.
    Daily Android player. Wants all the friends.
    Doll: Helena (shows up as Katie).

Currently trying to transfer my game.
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    I have to admit. I'm not really a football fanatic either. I just record the Super Bowl every year on my DVR and fast foward it to watch my favorite artists performances. The commercials are usually entertaining as well. I always look forward to watching the puppy bowl on Animal planet channel. It's just pure cuteness. Awe!��☺
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• stephk11stephk11 Registered Users 139 Posts
    Carol - I love Puppy Bowl, too! I could watch that all day long. It seems to get better each year. Now, they've got a Kitty halftime show. And didn't they have chickens last year, too?

For those of you who have never seen the Puppy Bowl, one of the best things about it is that they always use shelter pups who are up for adoption, rather than intentionally-bred pups.
  • CatherineBayCatherineBay Registered Users 372 Posts
    Has this been discussed? I wonder if it will happen this weekend or not.
    8878E5EA-7D0F-44A9-8350-A16CC7E15513.png_zpsq5kmsgcd.jpeg
  • BobbieMBobbieM Registered Users 789 Posts

PLEASE NO! I don't care for the Balmain pieces at all. Add them to the wardrobe, we already did the Balmaon thing. No need for I beat a dead horse. Sigh.
    Brooklyn (GC is Bobbie629) • A+++ Player!
    • Married to Jackson White (GC is MomBLuz6) • Comeback #1
    • Daily player for Kim Kardashian Hollywood
    • iOS Player Only • Mommy to Baby Annabelle & Elijah!
    Please excuse the type-o's.. I'm on my phone and it doesn't like to write what I'm typing!
  • kateliciouslykateliciously Registered Users 422 Posts
    Not a big fan of the earrings. The look like huge flags and I really don't think that my doll appreciates looking like a flagpole. ;)
  • Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    I literally forgot it was game day this weekend XD

All this tells me is that I need to stock up on snacks & my lemonade today while out & about to avoid it being sold out.
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
    BobbieM wrote: »
    PLEASE NO! I don't care for the Balmain pieces at all. Add them to the wardrobe, we already did the Balmaon thing. No need for I beat a dead horse. Sigh.

I agree, but at least they'll be purchaseable and not something we're forced to earn.
    I didn't get the mini update yet and it's kind of weird
  • isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    I agree, but at least they'll be purchaseable and not something we're forced to earn.

We already have plenty enough Balmain, I don't need, or care for, anymore. I want of a bunch of cool, pretty, nice clothes, shoes, jewelry, and hairstyles; it doesn't HAVE to be a designer. Anyway the game won a big award for getting Karl Lagerfeld in it, so why aren't we getting more Lagerfeld then? Also which I have plenty and enough of....
    Would be really nice if they add Charlotte Olympia stuff.
  • isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts

Neither did I. I wonder why.

EDIT: Something happened a few mins ago, but it was so teeny I never saw an update so minuscule like that before. Hmm.
  • RaztasticalRaztastical Registered Users 26 Posts
    I actually love the Balmain earrings and bag. I wouldn't wear them together but separately they are gorgeous statement pieces with any outfit. I know the earrings are huge but they are different and always in fashion.

vogue-africia_zps7kqpnocb.jpg
    earrings-2_zpsqiftj7bu.jpg
    I actually love the Balmain earrings and bag. I wouldn't wear them together but separately they are gorgeous statement pieces with any outfit. I know the earrings are huge but they are different and always in fashion.

vogue-africia_zps7kqpnocb.jpg
    earrings-2_zpsqiftj7bu.jpg

They make my ears hurt just looking at them!
  • RaztasticalRaztastical Registered Users 26 Posts
    good thing your imaginary doll can't feel pain :p
  • xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts

I think they are releasing it later so we can't post teasers
    GC: { Lucyxx }
  • Mileys_MommyMileys_Mommy Registered Users 239 Posts
    What is a mini update
    I play iOS and android please update nicki Minaj the empire
    xXLucyXx wrote: »
    I think they are releasing it later so we can't post teasers

That's what I'm thinking too. Glu is playing the villain lately
    I sort of remember no teasers for the last VIP event, either...