Weekend Event 2/05/16 ~Ultimate Tailgate Party (Balmain or Ballgaim? How bout both?

Comments

• isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    Lizard wrote: »
    Got the dress in my free box.

1454687450-screenshot-2016-02-05-16-39-24.png

TWO of those same--ugly, in my opinion, but hey, they could've been that nasty mustard color (I have the whole ratty selection of them, and the sports bras too, what a waste)--workout bottoms in the same box. That's just not right. I'm so glad you got the dress!
  • SassyVoguetteSassyVoguette Registered Users 1,510 Posts
    Almost everyone's boxes are awful this weekend...
    Here's mine..glad I got 40kstars.. Not a huge fan of the dress or the bag.. The hair is cute

w8qe4h.jpg
    Vats has my heart. Forever. 💕

iOS
    07/2014 
  • AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,168 Posts
    Blaaaaaaaah. I spent about 500 in stars trying to chase the hair. Got the dress, shoes, and bag. A stupid daily gift box bra. And a ton of energy and 4k cash. I need to stop giving in to these and just wait for throwbacks.

Anyway here's Charli and Ali in Paris!

ymUhSvY.jpg
    iOS
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Carolyn Ferocious is so proud of me today. I chose the right box for her and this fierce diva got the shoes.

Screenshot_2016_02_05_15_41_20_1.png Screenshot_2016_02_05_16_07_02_1.png
    upload image free
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    If you haven't done the So Chic London gigs, here's a tip:

Talk to Mia and choose the 1h gig. Finish it, takes about 12 energy if you invite a co-star and go back to So Chic. When she gives you the choice, pick the 1h gig again.. It'll help those who don't get 1h jobs from Simon anymore. :)
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts
    Charli wrote: »

Talk to Mia and choose the 1h gig. Finish it, takes about 12 energy if you invite a co-star and go back to So Chic. When she gives you the choice, pick the 1h gig again.. It'll help those who don't get 1h jobs from Simon anymore. :)

!!! Wow thank you! :) You're a genius Charli. Now I just need to move Metropolitan Magazine a little bit closer to So Chic :D but worth it
    GC: { Lucyxx }
  • maxrockatanskymaxrockatansky Registered Users 578 Posts
    ZiTRpfi.jpg

I'm definitely inspired to spend more money on this game after this pallet. Wait. NOT. Can I get my 120 Kstars back for this rubbish?
  • unique123unique123 Registered Users 291 Posts
    Tried chasing the giftbox black dress, which I unfortunately did not get :( I got the hair, shoes and purse. I actually really like the ombre hair! The glitch with the ombre on only one side must be an iOS thing? It seems fine on my android. I posted pictures in the event fashion thread.The special balmain items are amazing in my opinion. A must have! I'm not a huge fan of the earnable black dress. I agree we have things very similar. I like the earnable shoes. I think they will be useful with plenty of outfits but I agree glu is getting lazy in designing new looks. I'm pretty sure they're the same shoe as the hot pink dating ones just changed color. Also very similar to the nude ones we got in the montana update. They're cute but not super exciting.

Screenshot_2016-02-05-16-05-58_1.jpg

*ANDROID player - PM me to add!
  • Tarabella08Tarabella08 Registered Users 465 Posts

Thank you!!! That's a GREAT idea! Maybe I can try to stack up some k stars again :)
    GC: tarabella08
    Feel free to add me! I love playing with new friends :)
    XoXo
  • EselleteaEselletea Registered Users 700 Posts
    Hi everyone! I've been MIA the past week or so. Didn't complete the last weekend event because I had a friend from out of town come visit me. I missed you guys and need to catch up. I know we don't have a ton of football fans on the forum but I'm so stoked on my Carolina Panthers going to the super bowl!

Glad it's a VIP event because I'm not crazy over the items. I'll try to grind as much as possible for k stars, though.
    Currently playing 2 iOS games, PM to add!
  • stephk11stephk11 Registered Users 139 Posts
    I did something I've never done before - chased an item. In this case, the hair, because I've been wanting an ombre style. The good news - I got it. Bad news - It took me 360 K stars before it showed up. I'm feeling a bit of buyer's remorse, and that's not helped by the fact that I've got the iOS glitch with the ombre on just one side. I hope Glu can fix that!
  • CchairccCchaircc Registered Users 284 Posts
    Yeah I really hope that hair gets fixed because it looks so silly!! And as a hairdresser I can't stand it haha! It's such a cute style otherwise!!
  • CatherineBayCatherineBay Registered Users 372 Posts

And that is all I will be doing the rest of the weekend!
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Carol Davida is so unlucky today that she's extremely disappointed in me for choosing the wrong box. I'm so tired of the $4,000. It's such a lame prize to win. Oh well at least she has some earnable items though.

tmp_32463_Screenshot_2016_02_05_20_31_28_1197681.png

tmp_32463_Screenshot_2016_02_05_20_45_01_1197451.png

free picture upload
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

Cchaircc wrote: »
    Yeah I really hope that hair gets fixed because it looks so silly!! And as a hairdresser I can't stand it haha! It's such a cute style otherwise!!

Same here!! I'm a hairdresser too so I know how you feel :) I also play on iOS and it looks pretty bad. I still wish I would have won it because it's such a cute style!
    XoXo
    And that is all I will be doing the rest of the weekend!

Does it even make a difference if we finish the weekend gigs or not on VIP weekends? I'd much rather use all of my energy on 1hr gigs all weekend :)
    XoXo
    lZjOCnK.jpg

Should I spend the 5 more Kstars to get the dress since I'm so close? I don't love it. I don't even know anything that costs 5/10 kstars. Advice plzzzz.
    lZjOCnK.jpg

Should I spend the 5 more Kstars to get the dress since I'm so close? I don't love it. I don't even know anything that costs 5/10 kstars. Advice plzzzz.

I think you should since you're soooo close :) I'm not sure what you can get for just 5 k stars though. Your doll looks so cute! You got the hair!! Yay!! :)
    XoXo
  • RaztasticalRaztastical Registered Users 26 Posts
    i think its like 5k stars for 6 energy? do that :)
  • CilanCilan Registered Users 298 Posts

I am sooooo sad and bummed that I did the So Chic London quest hours before this! :( Being post-comeback, I only get 3 or 8 hour gigs and ugh... Super bummed. Could have grinded hundreds of K-Stars if I just waited. xD
    Cilan wrote: »
    I am sooooo sad and bummed that I did the So Chic London quest hours before this! :( Being post-comeback, I only get 3 or 8 hour gigs and ugh... Super bummed. Could have grinded hundreds of K-Stars if I just waited. xD

Aww.. Sad :( what if friends send you jobs or co-star with you? Do you get credit for that? I only get 8 hour jobs too, but luckily I hadn't finished my last shift at SCL. I'm going to grind this weekend to try and make up for some of my wasted k stars last weekend haha
    XoXo
    I think you should since you're soooo close :) I'm not sure what you can get for just 5 k stars though. Your doll looks so cute! You got the hair!! Yay!! :)

Thank you, what a sweet thing to say. <3 I got the hair but it didn't come easily! Did you get anything you had your eye on?
    i think its like 5k stars for 6 energy? do that :)

It's 6 kstars for 5 energy which is a complete ripoff, but I totally did this. Thanks so much for the suggestion!
    You're welcome :) I didn't get anything good this time, but I did get the hair last weekend (which also didn't come easily) so I'm fine with that! My giftbox had a pair of white shoes from the daily gift boxes.. Oh boy! Haha. Congrats on getting all of the earnables! Buying the energy was a good idea! Them doing that is a total ripoff, but it was worth it in your case!
    XoXo
  • TwiztidroseTwiztidrose Registered Users 423 Posts
    Ok so for ONCE I'm posting a HAPPY with the event post! Woohoo lol! Not so much with the "earnables" if you can call them that when you have to spend stars to get them lol! But I loved the hair and the dress in the gift boxes. So I bought $20 bucks worth of stars, of course expecting to get nothing but disappointment. Bought myself a slick new ride.... Which I got 10 stars back for too... swwweeet!

My freebie box was $4k kash, I thought, "oh great, here we go!" But the 2nd was the shoes, meh, ok... 3rd was the dress! Yay!! So I exited out and put my goodies on (including the earrings), and went back in and bought another box. I sat there staring at the screen for several minutes, thinking please please please! Very first box (top right corner btw!).... BAM!! The hairstyle!!! :D:D

JAZZED!!! ;):D
    Liv Moore is my KKH doll.
    Trixie is my K&K doll. Add me!
    Shoot me a request on Game Center: TwiztidRose
    Let's be friends!! :cool: :D
  • KatePillgrimKatePillgrim Registered Users 884 Posts
    OMG I got the hair! My first ombre hair ever! So happy!
    My name is Kate. Playing since 2014 *whew*
    I want to be your in-game friend! Please add me on Facebook:

• NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Awwww congrats Rose and Kate!!

Which box should I pick, I am giving myself one lucky try (or maybe I'd change my mind lol).
    PM to add
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    I bought the hair and got the box. I let my mother choose 1 and she chose 2, but she picked well getting the shoes and purse, and it got me the earrings.

This is my doll realizing she could've bought something for her children and didn't

2q8vm7t.jpg
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • MommyTo3MunchkinsMommyTo3Munchkins Registered Users 341 Posts
    So I chose to tell a story with Ray and then "messed up" my next potential gig with a makeup company. I am supposed to charm the guy for 3 k-stars...for what? I don't get any event points. Why should I waste them? I already "wasted" 160 k-stars trying to get the new ombré hairstyle. I am bitter for not even seeing the hair in my boxes, so I am definitely not budging on 3 more k-stars. Go ahead and drop my fan count! I don't care.

Sorry. Rant over.

~Melissa~
    GC: MommyTo3Munchkins

• NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    So I chose to tell a story with Ray and then "messed up" my next potential gig with a makeup company. I am supposed to charm the guy for 3 k-stars...for what? I don't get any event points. Why should I waste them? I already "wasted" 160 k-stars trying to get the new ombré hairstyle. I am bitter for not even seeing the hair in my boxes, so I am definitely not budging on 3 more k-stars. Go ahead and drop my fan count! I don't care.

Sorry. Rant over.

Edit: Ok I got a mix up. Yep apparently....... U get the option to charm with 3KStars no matter what. Already being hindered with earning KStars with these event gigs and now thisss
    PM to add
  • kateliciouslykateliciously Registered Users 422 Posts

Sorry. Rant over.
    The same happened to me. Wasted 160 K stars and got no event item. :/ Didn't pay the 3 k stars to charm either.