About the Glitch - totally anonymous human nature poll

kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
Hi. There was a glitch for a few hours yesterday, where certain locales would finish dates and pay out with no energy or time expenditure. I'm curious about how we viewed it. Please be honest, this is just a human nature query for the forum community. It's stuff I think about at 5a.m. If you weren't able to take advantage of the glitch, vote honestly how you would have felt/behaved.

After you vote, there is no need for comment, to ensure no hint of how anyone voted. Purely a blind human nature thing. Thanks. Of course if you want to comment feel free.

Im not voting immediately, a single poll vote would give it away my response. ;)

If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
I Am NOT a Glu Employee
🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
💜Vats
💜#VipKalinda
#RecollectionsMayVary
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    I just wanted to level up, that's all. I mean, I'd never be able to reach level 42 and buy those sunglasses. :(
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Thanks for answering guys. I think it will be interesting when it's over. We'll see where we fit in this marvelous microcosm in which we play.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Stardust1Stardust1 Registered Users 764 Posts
    I wouldn't feel bad, I mean, this is people that know what they do, that should be running trials before making the update available. I don't know how this world of apps work, but they sure as helll don't feel bad when you push a button wrong and end up buying something you didn't have intention of buying. I mean, is stated in the custom FAQ, there is a high chance you won't get your money back...so, it's only fair. In my facebook app I don't get any VIP specials, no voting events, updates that run wrong and live us without much to do and we don't even get an 'we're sorry', so no...sorry Glu but you have made me a very bitter costumer of your games.
    Xime level 30
    Let's be KKH friends!
    XIME and JAX got married! See them in their celebration Here
  • CilanCilan Registered Users 298 Posts
    Stardust1 wrote: »
    we don't even get an 'we're sorry', so no...sorry Glu but you have made me a very bitter costumer of your games.

This exactly! I recall reading somewhere Glu's policy about not announcing anything ahead of time. That's something I don't like. If they don't like to be open about more things, then at least update social media frequently. But they don't do that either!

The Kim Kardashian Hollywood facebook page is rarely updated with anything. (The last new post is Feb 5 with Olivier's items... which is OLD NEWS. No posts about the update, Valentine's, etc). Also, I have seen no staff here besides Koko. So we are just playing blind. And for a multi-million dollar company, that's a no-go. They have enough money to hire people JUST for social media/interactions thingy thing to promote the game and touch base with users. But nope! xD Must cut the costs and earn more of a profit.

EDIT: Yes, I know they have taken some suggestions from the Suggestions thread and stuff into account, but that just reiterates my "playing blindly" point. No staff to say that's a good idea, no acknowledgement of anything... We just had to hope they read it and implement it.
  • BrianneBrianne Registered Users 144 Posts
    No qualms about it. To be honest, I've always been one to take advantage of glitches when they happen to show up.
    Besides, if everyone just ignored them then the game devs wouldn't have much motivation to solve the problem, huh? ;)
    add me on iOS Gamecenter: 3rianne
    My doll's name is Aria Hawke. 🌸
  • ChicCharlotteChicCharlotte Registered Users 571 Posts
    Also no qualms. I'm sorry I was so dim as to not to take advantage of the opportunity more than the single time I did. The thing is, glitches that negatively impact our game or differences in platforms that allow advantages or opportunities for some but not others happen all the time. What happened yesterday had never happened before as far as I'm aware. Of course I'm going to take advantage of a rare opportunity to even up the score a bit - and secretly hope it happens again!

I never hack games or incorporate cheats (I wouldn't know how to if I wanted to). That is a very different thing imo.
    Began an iOS game and need friends!
    Also deleted old Facebook account. Please refriend me if you play iOS.
    https://facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009525168362
  • ChanrinChanrin Registered Users 516 Posts
    No qualms here.

I'll be exploiting every single mistake Glu will ever make. Every single glitch that may benefit me, will be used with not a single hint of remorse.

-Another bitter customer ;)
    Do you hear the phone when I call ?
    Do you feel the thud when I fall?
    Do you hear the crack when I break ?

---
    #TeamCassio
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    I didn't get to use it, but how I would feel?

I'd feel bad for doing it, but at the same time, I only would because sometimes it feels like apps start to be more so for people who spend money or jailbreak the game than those who try to play honestly. I'm lucky that I get Kstars for watching videos, but for those who don't who have to spend their hard earned money and then get cash in their boxes and never see the weekend event items? Sometimes you feel like you're being ****ed around and take advantage of a situation.
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    Not sure really. I may be a fashion and accessories editor, but I went to school for law. And I have a huge sense of what's right and what's wrong. Anyway, when I had no weekend event on my iOS I had no idea what to think; I came here to the forum to see what was up and everyone was gleefully crowing about a "tip" and a "glitch"; having finished the event with every earnable and a ridic number of stars in the blink of an eye, and I was just floored. No event, and a field day of a party going on. I did see posted what the tip/glitch was. Bummed I had no event to begin with, I went back to the game and did a few regular 8hr gigs; by the time iOS was fixed I was still in the middle of a job and couldn't do anything about it. And, well, h e l l yeah, it's cheating--but when something like that's staring you in the face, what do you do? I finished my gig, went all over the world to fill my energy bar, and got three "freebies" in before it was patched. I think each person has themselves to answer to. I didn't even get the shoes that way, but on my own, and same with the hair. Quite frankly, that dress can stay out in cyberspace for all I care. It's not so cut and dried. I spend way too much money here to begin with. I feel I get s c r e w e d in a variety of ways in the game, but it is what it is. And no matter how many videos you watch or whatever, you can only play the game a certain way. Eventually I decided, which I've mentioned before, that what I would spend here would be part of any given month's entertainment money. Because what else is it but that? Three times for some cupcake points, three stars--no, I didn't get two at a time--and I got fu*ked anyway. Because...is it spite on Glu's part to give so few event points for constant, hellish 8hr dates? Is it Glu's maliciousness that since yesterday I can't get any NPC Industry points because EVERY SINGLE NPC has been asking me to recommend people for gigs? And I do not play that way. I play against the game. No matter what game I play, I only play against the game. With the people here, though, everyone's so nice, I wish I could add tons of people, but no. With my last phone I played through Game Center and my phone got so corrupted it was worth sh*t and I had to trash it and get a new one. So, my mother bought me this phone not long before she died six months ago. I'd like to hang on to it for a while. Anyway, I kind of feel like I'm having to pay for Glu's fu*k up, but no way do I resent anyone else's good luck. Glu's revenue is through the fn roof; *I* contribute to it; I won't cry for them. So I guess I was able to do only what I would've done anyway. It's like the line from a David Johansen song--"I'm in love with you baby, but not that much." I wouldn't feel good about cheating a system. But believe me, brownie points don't get you sh*t in life, and everybody needs to do what works best for them. This whole event blows for several reasons, but all I want at this point is to level up. More than that, IDGAF.
  • isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    Cilan wrote: »
    This exactly! I recall reading somewhere Glu's policy about not announcing anything ahead of time. That's something I don't like. If they don't like to be open about more things, then at least update social media frequently. But they don't do that either!

The Kim Kardashian Hollywood facebook page is rarely updated with anything. (The last new post is Feb 5 with Olivier's items... which is OLD NEWS. No posts about the update, Valentine's, etc). Also, I have seen no staff here besides Koko. So we are just playing blind. And for a multi-million dollar company, that's a no-go. They have enough money to hire people JUST for social media/interactions thingy thing to promote the game and touch base with users. But nope! xD Must cut the costs and earn more of a profit.

EDIT: Yes, I know they have taken some suggestions from the Suggestions thread and stuff into account, but that just reiterates my "playing blindly" point. No staff to say that's a good idea, no acknowledgement of anything... We just had to hope they read it and implement it.

Totally that--the FB page AND Glu's OWN FB page are so for sh*t, how are they not embarrassed af? Like, what company doesn't have someone handling social media?? Maybe it's just as well, since half of them can't even spell anyway. Koko is a mod, yes, and there are some nonexistent others. Where'd they go?? Glu admin pops in, and he's pretty decent, I think, so what else do we need here? Do they have to keep us posted on what's up? What's coming down the pike? No. It's a good idea, but apparently not part of their PR dept. And maybe they should do some PR; I don't know what they think, nmp. Not like we'd be stockholders. Heh.
  • Tarabella08Tarabella08 Registered Users 465 Posts
    I had no qualms, but only because I've felt so ripped off with the gift boxes lately and I felt that it was a good way to earn back a few of the many, many k stars I spent, just to get horrible daily giftbox items. I quit once I got the event items though. I'm okay with spending money on k stars as long as I'm not being ripped off. If that glitch was an every day/weekend thing, I wouldn't do it because I feel like that's cheating and what would be the fun in that? For me it wouldn't be as exciting and fun to just get EVERYTHING so easy and for nothing. Also, what incentive would glu have to make things better and keep the game fun if they weren't making any money? The game would get boring and old. Oh, I forgot.. I think the main reason I was excited about it was because I knew there was absolutely no way I'd be able to get anything other than the free box this weekend because of how busy I was and I really loved the hair and dress. It was cool, but I'm glad it's not a permanent glitch :)
    GC: tarabella08
    Feel free to add me! I love playing with new friends :)
    XoXo