No Updates/No Events for KindleFireHD (+ 1 Android)

ChicCharlotteChicCharlotte Registered Users 571 Posts
I've submitted a trouble ticket, but I'm curious if other Kindle users are in the same predicament. It's three and a half hours into the weekend event and I don't have it. There are no updates available (I'm using KKH 4.7.0). I've turned my device on and off a few times and I'm checking for updates constantly.

I also have never seen the Kendall and Kylie game available in the app store and of course, have had no offer to participate in the Krossover Event. Have I missed this completely?

It seems like the Kindle is Glu's forgotten love child - always the last for updates. Am I missing the update or are we all missing it?

I could've earned a lot of event points in these last few hours!
Began an iOS game and need friends!
Also deleted old Facebook account. Please refriend me if you play iOS.
https://facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009525168362

Comments

• talula 317talula 317 Registered Users 2 Posts
    I'm on a Samsung S6 & the same exact thing is happening for me. Neither event is showing up.
  • Cady22Cady22 Registered Users 50 Posts
    I use KindleFireHD as well and its the same for me.
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    talula 317 wrote: »
    I'm on a Samsung S6 & the same exact thing is happening for me. Neither event is showing up.

As an Android game you should be getting the event. I don't know about the Kindle version. I'll try and find out for both issues. Sorry you are going through this.

Talula 317, can you tell me what level you are? Please list
    Platform
    OS Version
    Device
    Level
    Gender in game

Brief description of issue.

And I'll let you guys know what I find out.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    While I try to find out, Talula, please clear your cache. Shut down your device, reboot and then load the game from the play store. See if that helps.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • talula 317talula 317 Registered Users 2 Posts
    I tried what you suggested and it didn't work-altho I thought it might cause when loading it went 1-100% instead of the normal "loading". But anyway I play on a Samsung S6 version 5.1.1, level 26 & female.
  • ChicCharlotteChicCharlotte Registered Users 571 Posts
    Thanks for looking into this, Koko!

There always seems to be some group of people with a glitch of some sort when there's an event. I've been lucky for a while. I forgot how painful it is when you're the one forced to sit on the sidelines and watch everyone else play.

I am a grinder and would be playing all morning if the event was available to me. Do you think Kindle users might be compensated with event points for being locked out all this time?
    Charlotte, I have no idea about that. please bear with me, I'm still down with bronchitis now, and I'm remembering something I read a while back, about Kindle. I'm going to go through my pms, to look for it, I think perhaps the Kindle player base not viable for further updates. I'm going to go run a search and be back with this shortly. I'm sorry it didn't click at 8:30, but I'll come back with the answer.

And Talulah, I have no idea why you're not getting the event. Sometimes tickets get responses very quickly. Why not submit the ticket to customer care, and I'm still waiting for an answer for you. THis way, you'll have two irons in the fire so to speak,

I'll be back.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Still no event for me, this is so frustrating!
    I'm sorry I can't locate it now. Is this the first time the kindles haven't gotten the event? I would suggest contacting customer care, and ask them whether updates and event are coming through for the Kindle.

If I hear anything I will post that info for you. I just haven't heard anything yet.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • TwiztidroseTwiztidrose Registered Users 423 Posts
    Also not receiving an event for my Kindle dolls!!! Although I did receive the call from Simon. They better not be phasing out Kindle Fires. I have spent a hell of a lot of money on this dang game!!!
    Liv Moore is my KKH doll.
    Trixie is my K&K doll. Add me!
    Shoot me a request on Game Center: TwiztidRose
    Let's be friends!! :cool: :D
    Thank you for checking, Koko. I submitted a trouble ticket this morning - still waiting to hear from them. Perhaps Cady can do the same.

"Not viable" for updates sounds pretty scary! I will hope for the best.
    I'm trying not to freak out too, Twiztid! I thought maybe I had a call from Simon related to the event too. I got a six hour fashion show that I only had to wait four hours for. I completed it, but of course, have no event. Weird stuff.

Did you get an update the other day that killed all of the Valentine's decoration (tap-able stuff) just before Valentine's Day? That was pretty weird.

Keep your fingers crossed!
    Yes. I submitted a ticket as well but have not heard anything yet. Still no event. Last weekend I got the Valentine's weekend event first and then the next day I got the 4.7 update and yes that killed all of my Valentine's tapables. Yea it was weird.
    Yes! All my Valentine's tapables disappeared as well! I am BEYOND ticked about this!! We have been loyal PAYING customers to GLU!!! I don't EVEN want to add up how much I have spent on this game across all 3 of my games (2 on Kindle one on iPad). But I know it's a ton!!! We deserve an explanation to what is going on here!!!! I am making a new post demanding an answer......
    I did get this notification just a little bit ago, so I got excited and thought maybe... and opened the game real quick. But noooo... But I still have hope!!!

Screenshot_2016_02_19_21_52_22.png
    image hosting over 10mb
  • wacamoewacamoe Registered Users 61 Posts
    Hey all - we just notice an issue on Amazon. If you relaunch your game, you should be seeing the event.

Let me know.

Thanks,
    Wacamoe
    happy gaming
    wacamoe wrote: »
    Hey all - we just notice an issue on Amazon. If you relaunch your game, you should be seeing the event.

Let me know.

Thanks,
    Wacamoe

Rebooting now! Crossing my fingers!

EDIT:
    It worked!!!! Thank Goodness!!! What the heck is going on with this game?! Is this what we can expect every weekend now? I don't suppose we're going to get any kind of a fix for this are we, like for the time we missed? I still want to know if we have anything to fear for the future of the Kindle platform.

Let me know.

Thanks,
    Wacamoe

Thanks for getting us back in the game.

We missed an entire day of earning event stars... I'd have earned the necklace by now and had headway on the earrings. There is no way I can earn the dress at this point. Any chance of Amazon users being compensated for this?

Let me know.

Thanks,
    Wacamoe

Almost forgot - how about the Kylie and Kendall game and the Krossover Event? Are those coming to the Kindle/Amazon too? Thanks!