Options

Can i change my iTunes account? Help

Janice1994Janice1994 Registered Users 14 Posts
Hello! My first language isn't English so forgive me if I make some mistakes, I'm new to this forum and I really like how everyone helps one another and have so many tips to share. Ok, so I'm from a country where iTunes doesn't let you use PayPal as an option for purchasing stuff but I have a friend who has an iPhone with the USA itunes store so I was wondering if I could maybe log out from my account, log in into his account and buy stars that way or it can affect my game since it wasn't downloaded with that iTunes account? I know the game is connected to Game Center, but maybe it could be connected to the iTunes ID too?

It would be better if there's a way to change the country from my iTunes ID so I connect my paypal account and buy what I want and when I want or can. I have more than 250$ saved and it will be a waste if I can't use them on the game :( and I don't have the option right now to use a credit card.

I'm just worried that doing either one this options may delete my progress on the game. I really don't want that to happen.

I would really appreciate if anyone has had a positive experience doing this or if you have any tips. :)

Comments

• Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Hi and welcome to the Forum. This is a question you have to talk to iTunes about. I'm not home right now. But I'll let see if I can find some help for you when I return, but talk to iTunes. They're really helpful. I have 2 iTunes accounts on my pad. One pays, but the other plays. I don't understand. But Apple does and their customer service is outstanding. GOOD LUCK, AND WELCOME.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Welcome Janice!

1. Create a new Apple ID and put US as the country.
    2. Sign out of your iTunes account, log in to your new US iTunes account.
    Make sure to only log out from your iTunes account and not your iCloud account.
    3. Go to your game and make the purchase.
    4. Switch back to your iTunes account.

I personally do this because I have gift cards that can only be used with a US iTunes account.
    PM to add
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Hi, I was on my phone when I put your post through and didn't read you wanted to use your friends account. I hope you don't get involved in that, you don't want to mingle your account with someone else's. If Nai's advice doesn't do the trick for you, I go back to my suggestion that you contact iTunes support. They're used to dealing with more than one Apple ID on a device, very often parents itunes account pays the bills for their kids games. You could set up the 2ns account that way, and Apple support is more than happy to help you out with that. :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    Janice1994 wrote: »
    Hello! My first language isn't English so forgive me if I make some mistakes, I'm new to this forum and I really like how everyone helps one another and have so many tips to share. Ok, so I'm from a country where iTunes doesn't let you use PayPal as an option for purchasing stuff but I have a friend who has an iPhone with the USA itunes store so I was wondering if I could maybe log out from my account, log in into his account and buy stars that way or it can affect my game since it wasn't downloaded with that iTunes account? I know the game is connected to Game Center, but maybe it could be connected to the iTunes ID too?

It would be better if there's a way to change the country from my iTunes ID so I connect my paypal account and buy what I want and when I want or can. I have more than 250$ saved and it will be a waste if I can't use them on the game :( and I don't have the option right now to use a credit card.

I'm just worried that doing either one this options may delete my progress on the game. I really don't want that to happen.

I would really appreciate if anyone has had a positive experience doing this or if you have any tips. :)

Just a note to say the suggestions here for you, are definitely what you need to do. If you use someone else's account, they, and not you, will get whatever you buy.
  • Options
    Janice1994Janice1994 Registered Users 14 Posts
    Naimonster wrote: »
    Welcome Janice!

1. Create a new Apple ID and put US as the country.
    2. Sign out of your iTunes account, log in to your new US iTunes account.
    Make sure to only log out from your iTunes account and not your iCloud account.
    3. Go to your game and make the purchase.
    4. Switch back to your iTunes account.

I personally do this because I have gift cards that can only be used with a US iTunes account.

I'll do this then, i already backed up my game on the computer just in case, thank you! Just one question, how do I know I haven't logged out of my iCloud account too?
    Hi, I was on my phone when I put your post through and didn't read you wanted to use your friends account. I hope you don't get involved in that, you don't want to mingle your account with someone else's. If Nai's advice doesn't do the trick for you, I go back to my suggestion that you contact iTunes support. They're used to dealing with more than one Apple ID on a device, very often parents itunes account pays the bills for their kids games. You could set up the 2ns account that way, and Apple support is more than happy to help you out with that. :)

I agree, I just didn't know if there was a chance to create a US Apple ID, but I will definitely be trying that.

Thank you all of you for your help, I can't imagine how I haven't found this forum sooner, I would without a doubt be a higher level on my game, I've already lost everything once lol. Love this forum!
    isabeau wrote: »
    Just a note to say the suggestions here for you, are definitely what you need to do. If you use someone else's account, they, and not you, will get whatever you buy.

Yeah, I haven't thought of that. I will be creating a 2nd account. Thank you!
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    In Settings, the "iCloud" and "iTunes & App Store" is together. If you don't touch anything in iCloud, you shouldn't be logged out. Click "iTunes & App Store", then log out there and you should be fine.
    PM to add