Weekend Event 2/26/16 ~ Oscar Weekend and EVERYBODY's Nominated!!!

kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
Oscars2_zpsdhoxvowu.gif

Curtain up! Light the lights!
We got nothing to hit but the heights!

This weekend is the 88th Annual Acadamy Awards, and this year they are rife with drama.
But here, everyone's included, everyone's a star.
Let's dress up our dolls like we're walking the red carpet, and Just. Have. Fun.

Anyone know what Kim wore to the Oscars in 2014? THe dress is in some of our wardrobes.
Along with a gold After Party Outfit.

So this event, we dress as the Famous and Fabulous dress, we dine as they dine. We throw shade we're approporate,
and we wipe another tear away, as we miss Joan Rivers ripping the rich and famous new ones, for their poor choice in clothing.

And if anyone sees Sally Fields, tell her we don't really like her all that much and she should just sit down.

With that......Party's Open!. Let's have fun.

Midorihat2.jpg
If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
I Am NOT a Glu Employee
🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
💜Vats
💜#VipKalinda
#RecollectionsMayVary
Prev13456

Comments

• AmyTAmyT Registered Users 1,164 Posts
    Oh, I miss miss Joan Rivers... waiting to hear her thoughts on everyone's outfit choices was the best part of award season.

Oscars party food :)
    10E9D7CA-6B84-4EE2-A560-8C2AE84FBF7D_zpstio4tqms.jpg

Kim's 2014 Oscars dress was gorgeous. I'm still a little jealous and bitter that I didn't have enough Kstars to buy our dolls version during that VIP event. The material looks so lifelike in our games, it's beautiful
    B43C68E5-02FC-4D93-AECC-596F9B53F7EE_zpsodrzznfm.jpg

Since I don't have that dress, here's Madison's attempt at Oscars attire :) she's hoping to win best actress. I can't break it to her that most of her films and cameos have been mediocre at best lol :)
    3DD7537D-990F-431D-B935-F5834F9FCDA0_zpsmw281osr.jpg
    Top 20 +++
    My doll's name is Madison :)
    (~~ one cat short of crazy! ~~)

iOS player ~~ GC AmyTMadison
    Pm me if you'd like to add Madison on Facebook :)

#fangsforNai
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Aw Koko this is marvelous! Great job with the header!

Amy thanks for the food! Madison is looking fab!

Rumor has it that the weekend event is a VIP, hardly such events compels me to spend more than the necessary to get the box and the first item. On the last one I didn't participated because they offered a hideous boot!

However I'm eyeing the Balmain Kimono, so I hope they bring something that I can really enjoy it.

I'd like to ask all members that play as male doll to please post your palletes of boxes, we're not sure if there is a pattern but it can help other members to receive better items, as we have seen lately with female dolls. Thank you!

And just to remind everyone that if it's a VIP event, possibly it will be acompanied by an earn a K-star for every 5 star rated gig! So remember to save Mia's gigs from So Chic London until Friday, to take advantage of 1 hour gigs and earn many K-stars!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • CilanCilan Registered Users 298 Posts
    VIP weekend again? I'm kinda happy for that since there are no DANGED +30 EVENT POINTS in the giftboxes LOL.

But yes, I saved Mia's quests since she popped up today thank goodness!
  • AmiliciousAmilicious Registered Users 415 Posts
    Weren't VIP events a once a month thing? Don't get me wrong, I'd be super happy, but somehow I feel like it's not gonna happen.
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    I really hoping that it's a V.I.P event. I need a break from grinding from last weekend's event.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• ChanrinChanrin Registered Users 516 Posts
    I really hoping that it's a V.I.P event. I need a break from grinding from last weekend's event.

Yessss, Amen to that!
    Do you hear the phone when I call ?
    Do you feel the thud when I fall?
    Do you hear the crack when I break ?

---
    #TeamCassio
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Wow, Amy, the food looks wonderful. I have such a soft spot for popcorn. ANd Vats, great idea about the palette posting. I too hope it's VIP, I'd love to relax. :)

Madison, I hope the entire acadamy votes for you. If they don't they're just dumb.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    AmyT wrote: »
    Oh, I miss miss Joan Rivers... waiting to hear her thoughts on everyone's outfit choices was the best part of award season.

Can hot dogs be cute, cause if so those are adorable.
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • SassyVoguetteSassyVoguette Registered Users 1,510 Posts
    Oh, I don't want VIP this weekend.. I'm free so I can grind.. next weekend is holiday here and it's my birthday so I'll probably travel and I won't be able to grind.. so I kind of hoped next weekend is VIP .. but we'll see ..

Amy, Madison looks stunning! And the food.. mmm yummy :)
    Vats has my heart. Forever. 💕

iOS
    07/2014 
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    I'll be travelling this weekend so of course it'll be good if it's VIP!
    PM to add
  • LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    I'm on holiday this week (skiing in Austria) so a VIP event would be nice.
    Can't wait to see pics of the clothes!!
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
    Oh, I don't want VIP this weekend.. I'm free so I can grind.. next weekend is holiday here and it's my birthday so I'll probably travel and I won't be able to grind.. so I kind of hoped next weekend is VIP .. but we'll see ..

Amy, Madison looks stunning! And the food.. mmm yummy :)

Thanks, you guys! Enjoy the food!

Sassy, now all that's missing is your champagne fix!

I'm ok with it maybe being a VIP event. I don't have that many Kstars, but there's a couple of items in the wardrobe I've had my eye on waiting to buy them during a VIP. Hopefully there'll be a chance to earn a kstar per gig, too.
    Top 20 +++

#fangsforNai
    isabeau wrote: »
    Beautiful and yum! If these are the sort of things you serve at your parties, please give me your address! It'll be just a hop, skip, and a jump to get "across the pond." I see Madison is wearing all Harry Winston jewels, and I'm especially jealous of that 16-inch necklace. She's just dripping with diamonds, I lurve diamonds. And champagne(!)--all in all a great pairing. And her gown--is that a Versace, Prada or Chanel? I'm guessing it's a Versace confection. No way she would get any snark from Joan! (Note: I know there's only one academy member who has the results of the winners locked away right now, but I'm on the committee and voted for her to win Best Actress--shhhh, don't tell anyone! More, I bet her after party look is gong to be something so amazing and very cool. Altogether Madison's gonna totally slay all comers, such as Angelina and Kate Hudson; she's going to make the the best dressed list for sure!

Aww thanks, Isabeau! I love that phrase "dripping with diamonds". It's silly but I'm so jealous of my virtual Barbie doll's closet hahahaha.

You're more than welcome to hop across the pond for an Oscars themed party, but I should warn you that my cooking skills are limited. I won't be able to cook up the treats in those pictures (for one, I'm vegetarian so we definitely wouldn't be having hot dogs lol!). Alcohol is another matter, though; I'm a pro when it comes to that!
    Top 20 +++

#fangsforNai
  • isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts

Kim's 2014 Oscars dress was gorgeous. I'm still a little jealous and bitter that I didn't have enough Kstars to buy our dolls version during that VIP event. The material looks so lifelike in our games, it's beautiful
    B43C68E5-02FC-4D93-AECC-596F9B53F7EE_zpsodrzznfm.jpg

Since I don't have that dress, here's Madison's attempt at Oscars attire :) she's hoping to win best actress. I can't break it to her that most of her films and cameos have been mediocre at best lol :)
    3DD7537D-990F-431D-B935-F5834F9FCDA0_zpsmw281osr.jpg

Beautiful and yum! If these are the sort of things you serve at your parties--hot dogs wearing tuxedos! Oscar statuette cookies that will get their heads bit off first!--please give me your address! It'll be just a hop, skip, and a jump to get "across the pond." I see Madison is wearing all Harry Winston jewels, and I'm especially jealous of that 16-inch necklace. She's just dripping with diamonds, I lurve diamonds...and champagne(!)--all in all a great pairing!! And her gown--is that a Versace, Prada, or Chanel? I'm guessing it's a Versace confection. I bet her after party outfit is gong to be something so amazing and very cool. Altogether she's gonna totally slay Angelina and Kate Hudson; she's going to make the the best dressed list for sure!
    Aww thanks, Isabeau! I love that phrase "dripping with diamonds". It's silly but I'm so jealous of my virtual Barbie doll's closet hahahaha.

You're more than welcome to hop across the pond for an Oscars themed party, but I should warn you that my cooking skills are limited. I won't be able to cook up the treats in those pictures (for one, I'm vegetarian so we definitely wouldn't be having hot dogs lol!). Alcohol is another matter, though; I'm a pro when it comes to that!

Alcohol, the perfect accompaniment to anything at all. Or just alone! Not to worry about food; the only things necessary for our thisclose to anorexic dolls would be crudité and fruit platters. I overheard Madison and AppleP--or was it Z? (well hey, at least I can always tell the Olsen twins apart!) in my closet last night, despairing that my clothes are definitely *not* a size 00! I'll commission the cookies and have them flown to you right on time! Oh, and a hostess gift too; probably something Baccarat; all the other dolls will be jealous!
    isabeau wrote: »
    Alcohol, the perfect accompaniment to anything at all. Or just alone! Not to worry about food; the only things necessary for our thisclose to anorexic dolls would be crudité and fruit platters. I overheard Madison and AppleP--or was it Z? (well hey, at least I can always tell the Olsen twins apart!) in my closet last night, despairing that my clothes are definitely *not* a size 00! I'll commission the cookies and have them flown to you right on time! Oh, and a hostess gift too; probably something Baccarat; all the other dolls will be jealous!

Yes, I think you're right, our dolls definitely look like they're the type to swap their calorie intake for alcohol!

I still can't stop laughing at the thought of the dolls ransacking our closets, ridiculing our fashion choices and then trying to harass our pets for energy. Loool :)
    Top 20 +++

#fangsforNai
    Yes, I think you're right, our dolls definitely look like they're the type to swap their calorie intake for alcohol!

I still can't stop laughing at the thought of the dolls ransacking our closets, ridiculing our fashion choices and then trying to harass our pets for energy. Loool :)

My point exactly!

I know--last night and this morning I could picture them in my head, tiny dolls in the closet tugging on the bottom of clothes on their hangers till they finally tumbled down on their heads; getting annoyed that their hair was becoming messy; glancing at the clothes and then tossing them out of the closet onto the floor, one after another. Tapping dogs and cats all over the place, trying to find the right spot; coming up empty-handed and so began climbing up furniture, looking all over the place for a goldfish bowl. Hee, hee, hee!
    Thanks, you guys! Enjoy the food!

Sassy, now all that's missing is your champagne fix!

I'm ok with it maybe being a VIP event. I don't have that many Kstars, but there's a couple of items in the wardrobe I've had my eye on waiting to buy them during a VIP. Hopefully there'll be a chance to earn a kstar per gig, too.

Ahhh thanks for reminding me about the champagne.. The last few events it totally slipped my mind and forgot to post the weekly dose lol

Now, here's something special for you all. Bling, bling. 24k gold donut. YUM! And balloons. And of course CHAMPAGNE! CHAMPAGNE FOR ALL! This weekend it's all about glitter and bling. And gold.

21ctpbq.jpg

P.S. Something lil off topic (or maybe not?! lol) - I'm throwing my birthday party next weekend in Thessaloniki!!! To say I'm over the moon its understatement of the year. Like, I could literally scream right now. A happy scream. LOL
    All of my closest friends, which are around 15 people from two different countries and 4 different cities got organised in less than 3 hours, booked a hotel and now I just have to choose the club! And balloons and cake! I think I'll go with gold this year. I want gold balloons and gold cake. And champagne of course. Period. :)

iOS
    07/2014 
    What kind of Oscar Party would it be without an Oscar Midori Bar?

Oscar_Bar.jpg

I love the way Joe got Oscar to hold the tray of drinks. And.....those are little Red Velvet cupcakes on the bar. Mmmmmmmm.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • cocofabulouscocofabulous Registered Users 442 Posts
    My life is split up into three seasons: baseball season, holiday season, and awards season, so this weekend is a grand finale for me! I still have a few films to watch and would have been happy to multi-task and grind, but a VIP event works, too! I hope we get an awesome gown!

Let's pop the champagne and get this party started!

happy-new-year-champagne-animated-gif.gif
    GC: Coco Fabulous
  • ChanrinChanrin Registered Users 516 Posts
    I never wear this dress, but I like it for the occasion!

KKH_Screenshot_1456422922414_zpsyzr3hw0a.jpg

And what would an Oscar ceremony be without a properly rehearsd speech?

ybLHKZxbwWoRW.gif
    Do you hear the phone when I call ?
    Do you feel the thud when I fall?
    Do you hear the crack when I break ?

---
    #TeamCassio
    Here are my Oscars looks

30bmwdf.jpg

iOS
    07/2014 
    Kim wore something like this for an after party according to Google, so AppleP wore it, and met up with Xan outside the theatre.

F6BA6DD1-0D14-4BBC-A822-30B37B9033BA_zps6yp4sdjk.jpg
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • iampetermcdowelliampetermcdowell Banned Users 273 Posts
    My Oscar's Looks
    image_zpswt4vm60c.jpeg
    I have some news about the event...........anyone around?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • stephk11stephk11 Registered Users 139 Posts
    I have some news about the event...........anyone around?

Let's hear it, Koko!
  • Mileys_MommyMileys_Mommy Registered Users 239 Posts
    I am what's the news
    I play iOS and android please update nicki Minaj the empire
  • CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    I'm here. :p
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • Cordelia89Cordelia89 Registered Users 86 Posts
    News! Share with us, please! ^_^
    Add me on GC: mirabella891025! Would love to play with all you lovelies! ^_^
  • hyerileehyerilee Registered Users 181 Posts
    I am what's the news

no mini-updates, no news hahaha