Options

Rewards for using VIP contacts issue?

jlcook095jlcook095 Registered Users 10 Posts
Hi! I keep using my VIP contacts for projects as indicated by their contact reward information (using the correct contact for photo shoots, etc) and while I will complete the project with 5 stars, I am not receiving any rewards for using them. Is this normal or is something weird going on?? Thanks!!

Comments

• Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    The rewards are a random thing. You have a 'chance' at receiving them. I've heard from people who use VIP a lot (I've just started and I focus on Kim) that they randomly receive a reward. I think the 2nd time I used Kim, I got 5 Stars. But I always only use a VIP on an 8 hour gig, so I can use their special power more times in the event.

As usual, if you ever feel you have a glitch, feel free to contact customer and see what they say. But before you do that, I would read all about the VIP benefits in the FAQ pages. It doesn't help to hear it's a random thing that can't be predicted, but clearly the more you use it, (and use them for the longer 8 hour gigs) the better your chances at being rewarded.

Good Luck. :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    ๐Ÿฆ‹Purple Headed โ™Š+ ๐Ÿฅฅ Chick Playing iOS & Android ๐Ÿฆ‹
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐ŸŒŸIf you want my attention please send a dm
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    The percentage of rewarding is really small!

I'd say somewhere around 1% lol

I'm BFF's with all K-sis and I got the prize just once like 5 months ago and I'm using them since June.

As Koko said try to use them more than once on a gig, but sometimes I think that my game has a glitch cause it's so hard to get those K-stars:(
    Viva La Vida ร La Vats!
  • Options
    CilanCilan Registered Users 298 Posts
    I just got a reward from Kim last week. So it's been around once every 2-3 weeks for me using Kim as the VIP. I used the others and never got any rewards from them though. Must be because I just concentrate on Kim since she gives the most stars. xD

I would do an 8 hour gig and the special action resets every 1 1/2 hours so you can do it 4-5 times depending if you have the bonus professional point star before starting the gig and the gig star length.
  • Options
    Yes, stretch out the gig so you can use her Break the Internet task as many times as possible. You can multitask, and do other things just coming back for Kim every couple of hours while you do other things. I only use Kim, because you can use her on anytype of task. ANd often, I'll hang our with her, thinking I'll call her for a task, only to start the task and find out there's no costar, so, then I just do whatever the next task is with her, and don't have to worry about it being the right 'type' of task.

At first I didn't use the VIPs at all, but now, I love hanging with Kim. I think I did Kris once, and Khloe once.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    I've used Kim as my VIP for a long time and only received stars once. Anyway, yes, as everyone else says, you have to stretch out gigs, and I positively hate that. Anyway, only once did I get stars from Kim: she said "Congratulations" and 10 K-stars rained down. I've used Khloe and Kylie a few times; Karl Lagerfeld as well as Andre Leon Talley a few times, and got nothing; Kourtney maybe two or three times, and more nothing. But as Koko said, and you can read when you tap to see what each VIP on the "menu" can offer, you'll see it says "a chance." Oh yeah! There's a real answer somewhere in the forum, but it was so long ago that I don't remember where I saw it. I think you have to use Kim--or whoever's--special action three times during a gig. But don't hold me to it; that worked for me when I did it tho. Also, the more you level up with a VIP, the more XP you'll get with their special action, so there's that.
  • Options
    Yeah, the third time was when I got my bonus from Kim. I read it here too. lol. That post is actually what made me decide to play with the VIPs. But Kim is my favorite. I so want to have Kim ready, and have an event with Kim where I can call a friend. It's my stupid, secret goal to paste a screenshot of me at an event with Kim, with another Kim as my VIP. Won't that be fun? I don't see why it couldn't happen. I don't imagine a bubble popping up sayind "You can't have Kim as your VIP at an event where Kim is. THere is ONLY ONE Kim Kardashian West. ;)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary