Options

Weekend Event 2/26/16 ~ Oscar Weekend and EVERYBODY's Nominated!!!

Comments

• Options
    katiecatkatiecat Registered Users 102 Posts
    Cherrey wrote: »
    YASS!! My K stars are safe! EVERY SINGLE ITEM is ugly and I'm so grateful for that :D

Hahaha same. I can't believe the second earnable is a ring. A RING.
    Daily Android player. Wants all the friends.
    Doll: Helena (shows up as Katie).

Currently trying to transfer my game.
  • Options
    SerendipitySerendipity Registered Users 253 Posts
    ticisss wrote: »
    The earner items... What a mess.

Agreed. That jumpsuit seems poorly proportioned. And the shoes....just yuck!
    "Art...a result of the frustration with being normal..."
  • Options
    SerendipitySerendipity Registered Users 253 Posts
    katiecat wrote: »
    Hahaha same. I can't believe the second earnable is a ring. A RING.

Is that a butterfly ring? It's outdated. And not very cute, either.
    "Art...a result of the frustration with being normal..."
  • Options
    AmyTAmyT Registered Users 1,164 Posts
    Oooh, no. No. And no.

Usually I get excited about every single VIP item. Not this time. That white jumpsuit, we have it in our closets x2 (plus one of those in a few colours). The heels on the 'earner' shoes are too small, my doll is not in her 50's.

Even the pick items, I don't see anything special. Like, we totally have something similar already.

Things I do like: that gorge peach dress and the jewellery. Please, please can I win at least one decent item? Probably not, I always waste hundreds of Kstars.

I hate Debi Downers, but I'm afraid I'm one this weekend...

Boo.

I'm off to sleep, hopefully I'll feel different about other items in the morning when the event begins. Night, dolls.
    Top 20 +++
    My doll's name is Madison :)
    (~~ one cat short of crazy! ~~)

iOS player ~~ GC AmyTMadison
    Pm me if you'd like to add Madison on Facebook :)

#fangsforNai
  • Options
    MegannitaMegannita Registered Users 284 Posts
    ticisss wrote: »
    The earner items... What a mess.

They're not even trying, are they?
    You remind me of the babe...
  • Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    The jumpsuit looks too similar like the one that's inside of our closets. And the shoes looks hideous lol
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    I actually like the butterfly ring. I can mix & match that accessory with spring clothing.☺
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    That giftbox gown is real pretty, I like it a lot. I also love the butterfly ring. I'm really into butterflies. I was hoping for hair this weekend but oh well.
    GC: Zoë Strange
  • Options
    KeemKeem Registered Users 357 Posts
    =( I was hoping for more spring colors for this event. I was so hopeful after the gorgeous jewelry they gave us last week.

The peach dress is pretty, but if I don't pick it with my free box I won't be losing sleep over it
  • Options
    KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    I like butterflies so I'll probably get just enough to get that (usually do anyway) but I'll quit there. I like the gift box gown, but not enough to chase esp with no hair in the 3rd VIP box.
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • Options
    Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    I think what gets me is the audacity it takes to demand 600 k-stars for THAT jumpsuit. It's so outrageous that it's hysterical and given that the girls' looks are almost always better I have no hope the guys' will be nice at all so hopefully we get a k-star per job and this weekend won't be wasted.
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • Options
    ChanrinChanrin Registered Users 516 Posts
    hyerilee wrote: »
    Do 1h gig from So chic London all the time, but never ever finish the others 3h and 8h

Stellar advice! Can't believe I haven't think of that, myself!!

Now for the outfits... the gown looks wonderful but the earnables... :(:(:(

I'm crying right now, I still can't complete my Balmain wardrobe.
    Do you hear the phone when I call ?
    Do you feel the thud when I fall?
    Do you hear the crack when I break ?

---
    #TeamCassio
  • Options
    BrianneBrianne Registered Users 144 Posts
    The giftbox dress is pretty!! :o Not sure if I want to chase it yet. We'll see!!
    add me on iOS Gamecenter: 3rianne
    My doll's name is Aria Hawke. 🌸
  • Options
    FrancescahillFrancescahill Registered Users 1,288 Posts
    Who is designing the shoes? All are awful lately. The jewels and the purse are OK to me not a big fan of the white jumpsuit and the pink dress is very similar to other vip event dress that we already have.
  • Options
    CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,496 Posts
    Who is designing the shoes?.

Probably an intern. The shoes are MESSY.
  • Options
    Stardust1Stardust1 Registered Users 764 Posts
    Who is designing the shoes? All are awful lately. The jewels and the purse are OK to me not a big fan of the white jumpsuit and the pink dress is very similar to other vip event dress that we already have.

Someone in glu is still not getting that we play the game for the pleasure of living vicariously through the dolls and getting to wear pretty things out of a movie star closet, so they are just letting this horrible clothes go out there.
    Xime level 30
    Let's be KKH friends!
    XIME and JAX got married! See them in their celebration Here
  • Options
    ticisssticisss Banned Users 811 Posts
    Well...

Photo_Grid_1456448114680.png
  • Options
    ChicCharlotteChicCharlotte Registered Users 571 Posts
    hyerilee wrote: »
    Do 1h gig from So chic London all the time, but never ever finish the others 3h and 8h

Hmm.. what am I doing wrong? I went in and did the 1h gig at So Chic London and then did the photo shoot (three times!), no stars.

Thanks!
    Began an iOS game and need friends!
    Also deleted old Facebook account. Please refriend me if you play iOS.
    https://facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009525168362
  • Options
    Charlotte's Oscars look :)2h5mgzq.jpg
  • Options
    isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    2nvuyyt.jpg
    123o4k1.jpg

$19.99 buys 220 K-Stars. Not only is Kim's Picks a blatant rip off, but I really don't care for those things and I won't buy this set, that's for sure. The Balmain evening bag, earrings, and 105 K-Stars set was $14.99 I believe. The items were beautiful, and together with 105 stars as it was, I'd buy a trio like that again and again and again at that price. I was so looking forward to buying a beautiful Picks set this event, but no; not this time. The price for a dress I don't care for, a bracelet--two, yes, but on the NPCs' wrists it looks like one--that's the poor sister to one already in the closet--and has knocking around the game for a longggg time; and just 50 stars? No. Way.

The earnables: hahahahahaha! Really? You know, I have the most beautiful Anna Sui butterfly ring--it's seriously gorgeous; but it's been sitting in its box for some time now...because no one wears butterfly stuff anymore, duhhhh. Is this the Mariah Carey game now? Please give that outdated thang to her for her collection, it's massive. The jumpsuit...looks like the same designer as the Valentine's lady bits dress. Somehow I unfortunately managed to get the dress, however, I will indeed go out of my way *not* to earn this...piece of...clothing. Sorry, but I'm nothing if not honest. I guess I might make my way to the shoes, but can't yet tell yet.

I don't want to insult anyone's hard work, I really don't; I'm sure they're doing their best, and an adequate job. But it's just that. Adequate. I have to agree with ticisss, the fashions, the designs, leave a lot to be desired. For such a money-driven game, and for all of us who spend a lot, a little, or even nothing...as The Kinks said: "Give the people what they want." And we do *not* want *this*.

Ok well, the Republican Debate just started and I haven't yet laughed my head off today.
  • Options
    Stardust1Stardust1 Registered Users 764 Posts
    Well since everybody seems so upset about the weekend fashions and this is Oscars weekend (meaning huge party weekend) some of the guys decided to just go out there and party in vegas. They are calling all your dolls and inviting them to have a big party weekend and forget about horrible fashion, ugly shoes and networking parties. They just want you guys to enjoy and have a lot of fun!. Please bring you favorite poison and let's start the party.
    Screenshot_2016-02-25-22-46-14-1.png
    Xime level 30
    Let's be KKH friends!
    XIME and JAX got married! See them in their celebration Here
  • Options
    RubyAmazedRubyAmazed Registered Users 111 Posts
    Sorry to add to the hate, but I'm actually pretty upset with this weeknd's offerings. I was very excited for the VIP event as I was tired of grinding and had a few things I wanted to purchase. But I really really dislike the items...I somewhat like the nude dress and heels in the gift boxes but I know better than to chase those. I'm sad, Glu.
    iOS
    Ruby » level 35 A+++
  • Options
    CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,496 Posts
    Hmm.. what am I doing wrong? I went in and did the 1h gig at So Chic London and then did the photo shoot (three times!), no stars.

Thanks!

Girl, the event hasn't even started yet :D
  • Options
    Janice1994Janice1994 Registered Users 14 Posts
    Don't like any of the items, but oh well. I really need to buy the jet so I guess I'll be having a butterfly ring now. My 10 years old self would of loved that.
  • Options
    Stardust1 wrote: »
    Well since everybody seems so upset about the weekend fashions and this is Oscars weekend (meaning huge party weekend) some of the guys decided to just go out there and party in vegas. They are calling all your dolls and inviting them to have a big party weekend and forget about horrible fashion, ugly shoes and networking parties. They just want you guys to enjoy and have a lot of fun!. Please bring you favorite poison and let's start the party.
    Screenshot_2016-02-25-22-46-14-1.png

"...forget about horrible fashion and ugly shoes..." Hee!
  • Options
    Stardust1 wrote: »
    Someone in glu is still not getting that we play the game for the pleasure of living vicariously through the dolls and getting to wear pretty things out of a movie star closet, so they are just letting this horrible clothes go out there.

Frances, I agree about the latest shoes, but I have to say I kinda love the Valentine's event earnable ones. But otherwise, nope.

Stardust1, I think you just hit the nail right on the head. It ought to be boldfaced; maybe then Glu would actually *absorb* what you've so rightly said.
  • Options
    RubyAmazed wrote: »
    Sorry to add to the hate, but I'm actually pretty upset with this weeknd's offerings. I was very excited for the VIP event as I was tired of grinding and had a few things I wanted to purchase. But I really really dislike the items...I somewhat like the nude dress and heels in the gift boxes but I know better than to chase those. I'm sad, Glu.

Dear Ruby. I really don't remember anything you wrote after I read the word "hate" right off the bat. Yeah, it's an expression, too common, but it stopped me short because I have to say no one here "hates." We may get upset. We may get bent out of shape. We may be dismayed or unhappy, or yes, *hate* something we got in a daily gift box or whatever, but we don't *hate* Glu, or anyone else--not the people, not the company. When we're unhappy with something, we let Overlord Osai--I mean Overlord Glu--know it. And they're very cool about it. And they listen. And they do some of the things they can. But we don't hate. I know you're new. And welcome. :) Yeah, "hate" and "hating" are commonly used, but nobody here hates. Everyone is so nice. Anyone at all will help you out however they can. And last, I love reading everyone else's opinions and ideas. Nah. We're not haters here, chicklet. Ok? Ok. :):):)

EDIT: Oops, that's *Emperor* Osai. Glu can be emperor too if they'd like. But everyone knows the best emperors are really dragons.
  • Options
    Cherrey wrote: »
    Girl, the event hasn't even started yet :D

LOL... good grief. Not my brightest moment. Thanks!
  • Options
    cocofabulouscocofabulous Registered Users 442 Posts
    I've been coveting the level 36 jumpsuit for a while, so I'm not too broken up about the earnables. Well, I mean, the ring isn't my jam and the shoes are TERRIBLE, but whatever. The gift box dress, though. It could have been so pretty without those slits! Like a princess dress! But like, what on Earth is that necklace? And that purse? Doesn't match at all. Blech.
    GC: Coco Fabulous
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    isabeau wrote: »
    $19.99 buys 220 K-Stars. Not only is Kim's Picks a blatant rip off, but I really don't care for those things and I won't buy this set, that's for sure. The Balmain evening bag, earrings, and 105 K-Stars set was $14.99 I believe. The items were beautiful, and together with 105 stars as it was, I'd buy a trio like that again and again and again at that price. I was so looking forward to buying a beautiful Picks set this event, but no; not this time. The price for a dress I don't care for, a bracelet--two, yes, but on the NPCs' wrists it looks like one--that's the poor sister to one already in the closet--and has knocking around the game for a longggg time; and just 50 stars? No. Way.

Not sure if you saw wrongly, this Kim's pick is $9.99 and not $19.99. $9.99 pack gives 105 KStars. In other words, you're buying that dress and bracelet for 45KStars, which is a pretty good deal!

I'll be getting it for sure :) When I suddenly saw 2 NPCs wearing this dress in red, I said I smelled a Kim's pick, so true!
    PM to add