3 hr side gigs drains away all of my energy?

Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
On my new game, I noticed that when I tried to complete a 3 hr side gig, my energy bar drains away super fast and I literally have to go around the world to start energy hunting. It recently happened to me during the professional weekend event. I even invited a co-star to my side gigs too. I've tried several locations even though it's local, national, or international but I'm still getting the same results. I'm not sure why though⁉
Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

Comments

• CilanCilan Registered Users 298 Posts
    Yeah, I've noticed that too, but this happened since a while back. I do tons of 3 hours gigs and some 3 hour gigs I can complete with 26 energy, and some 3 hour gigs take up my whole 40 energy bar.

I am betting it must be by gig type or by location. I haven't kept track of anything though.
  • MommyTo3MunchkinsMommyTo3Munchkins Registered Users 341 Posts
    Cilan wrote: »
    I am betting it must be by gig type or by location. I haven't kept track of anything though.

I thought that was the case for awhile, but it has recently (last couple of weeks) just been getting more difficult to complete gigs. Punts Mita swimsuit shoots and the Dubai Mall appearances used to be fast and easy to complete. This past weekend, I noticed the same issue that Carol mentioned. I would use up my 37 energy and need to fly around and collect more energy to finish.

~Melissa~
    GC: MommyTo3Munchkins

• kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    They're always tinkering, and while I noticed some US gigs are taking less now, while International gig are taking more. So....why don't we try and analyze it? Let's start tracking where the gig is, how much energy it ends up taking, and (here's the biggie) the payout. If we see (like I just did) that I got paid 275$ for a 3hour gig in Dubai that cost 40 energy is a little on the high side. Let's start posting this info and see what we come up with. If the payout had been more, I could see the extra energy. But the whole "International/Cover/Local/National" and High Priority or some other terms Simon uses to describe the gig doesn't tell much.

If we know what the situation is, maybe we can address it with Glu. Originally, when I saw things were taking more energy, my mind ran to ......more comebacks? I remember when the comebacks rolled out, it seemed to be taking more energy, because we could hold more energy but then I noticed the payout was more.

3hr JBN Photo Shoot 44 Energy out = 500$ 70XP the 44 Energy out was actual taps, including any returned energy.
    payout_JBN3hr.jpg
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    I thought that was the case for awhile, but it has recently (last couple of weeks) just been getting more difficult to complete gigs. Punts Mita swimsuit shoots and the Dubai Mall appearances used to be fast and easy to complete. This past weekend, I noticed the same issue that Carol mentioned. I would use up my 37 energy and need to fly around and collect more energy to finish.

I thought that it was only my game but I guess that's not the case. I thought that something was wrong with my game.

On my new game, I only have 34 energy so that's more of a challenge to me. On my first game, I have 40 energy since I already did two comebacks. So I'm guessing that's time for Glu to creates new comebacks for the advanced expert players. Glu gods are you even listening?
    Daily Android KKH player

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Registered Users 1,599 Posts
    Cilan wrote: »
    Yeah, I've noticed that too, but this happened since a while back. I do tons of 3 hours gigs and some 3 hour gigs I can complete with 26 energy, and some 3 hour gigs take up my whole 40 energy bar.

Whole 40 energy bar?? I thought 34 is the limit?!
    Android
  • LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,448 Posts
    My limit is actually 43, I've done all three comebacks which each increased my energy with 3 extra.
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________

34 energy is only limited if you haven't done your first comeback yet. There are three comebacks altogether which gives an extra energy boost. The first comeback contains 37 energy. The second comeback contains 40 energy and the third & last comeback consists of 43 energy.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Registered Users 1,599 Posts
    Oh great! Thank you!
    Android
    Ok, we'll have to add Level info, because my iOS at 43 takes more energy to complete tasks than a level 34 or something, also Comebacks have to be taken into consideration. Well, it was a thought. I guess we all have to consider our own games. Because I know it takes me more to finish an event weekend then it does a newer game.

Therefore, nice but totally impossible idea. Sigh. So Kids, when you ask yourselves if you're ever really going to need math, my advice, pay attention in class, because you'll need your appendix later on in life.

So, I agree it's getting harder, but as you go along, the game adjusts for you. It's like inflation. Only for energy.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • KeemKeem Registered Users 357 Posts
    I'm not sure if this is addressed or not, but there are also some tap spots during gigs that you avoid. (3 energy only gives 2 stars for example)
    There is also the other side to this with certain tap spots that give more for your energy!
    There is somewhat of a pattern to how they spawn to avoid the bad, and take advantage of the good :)
    ATT: Shawkatkkhan - Stop posting these messages throughout the forum. They will not be put through. If you have an issue, identify the problem and I will help you. But this is tiresome. Your posts are moderated, and 'help me' is not getting approved.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Everytime I start one gig is shown very quickly how many blue stars are needed to fill each star of the task bar.

3 hours gigs range between 9 and 16. I always tried to identify a pattern, maybe I'm too stupid to do this, but it seems random to me!

Simon calls me and I accept a small gig footage at Raja Motion , sometimes I'm lucky and the task flows very fast with the use of few energy bolts and sometimes the opposite.

The final payment also seems random.:confused:
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    how does it show?I start a gig I have 5 Stars, One is gold filled in bonus. then there are 4 empty stars. I had 43 energy. I got 4 in a gb. So I started with 47, and by the time I ended, I had emptied the 47, plus 2 added over time, and me picking up payouts, and one tossed back from the costar, so that was 50. you are telling me, that you finish a gig with 9 or 16 total energy? Have you cone all 3 comebacks? I think my fever is back. lol.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Keem wrote: »
    I'm not sure if this is addressed or not, but there are also some tap spots during gigs that you avoid. (3 energy only gives 2 stars for example)
    There is also the other side to this with certain tap spots that give more for your energy!
    There is somewhat of a pattern to how they spawn to avoid the bad, and take advantage of the good :)

Ahh, but, sometimes you have to tap that to hasten a better one I think. I don't like the pink pants photog (awful with names) his wardrobe change costs 5, and pays 4. It is enough to drive you crazy. I just do what I have to do. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    Based on my analysis, the side gigs from Simon are random, no certain pattern.

The standard amount for a job is:
    • 1h gig: 5 points to fill 1 star
    • 3h gig: 10 points to fill 1 star
    • 8h gig: 20 points to fill 1 star
    • 12h gig: 30 points to fill 1 star
    • 24h gig: 40 points to fill 1 star

You'll get more cash, XP and fans if the project requires more points than usual. Also, the 6h gigs during weekend events require 25 points to fill 1 star, always.

Other than that, as Keem said, try to avoid those actions where the payout is less than the energy spent and vice-versa. Always begin with the co-star and comeback actions, as they take an hour to recharge.
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
    No I was talking about how many blue stars you need to collect to fill one of those empty stars.

If you get a gig that needs 9 blue stars for 1 empty star, you'll probably need around 25-28 energy bolts depending on the task buttons you choose.

If you get a gig that needs 10,12,13 or 16 blue stars for 1 empty star, you'll need more!

That number is shown very quickly after you tap the star+bonus button. It's something of a second and you have to pay attention and look to right place!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    oh ok, yeah. I still get some little 3 hour ones that take 20 something for the whole deal, but I hardly ever get those. I stopped counting how many energy to fill one star, when during an event it was staggering. Long event and like 28 or 30 Energy to fill one star Those days are over I think, thankfully. But thank you, we're on the same page now.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    Vats wrote: »
    That number is shown very quickly after you tap the star+bonus button. It's something of a second and you have to pay attention and look to right place!

^ Genius! :D I also noticed something, but never paid attention.
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
    The 3 hr side gigs used to be easy to complete but not anymore. So that means in order to complete the future professional events on my new game, I have to choose 8 hr side gigs if the storyline gigs aren't available to do at any given moment.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

In order to complete an 8h gig you need 23 blue stars to fill 1 empty star, so you're going to need almost two bars of 43 energy bolts!

The weekend 6h gigs ask for 26 blue stars!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • wolfandbutler2wolfandbutler2 Registered Users 351 Posts
    This has been happening to me for months, I've actually been whinging about it for a while especially during "professional" gig weekend events LOL but I guess people didn't know my pain back then. I haven't worked out what causes it, but I think it has something to do with the type of gig you select. Like, shooting a tv show takes longer than a commercial. Or maybe vice versa? Same with photoshoots being spreads, covers or campaigns, and at local/national/international levels. And appearances being high profile or not.
    GC: wolfandbutler2 /// IG: wolfandbutler.kkh
    I've always said to watch how Simon describes it. Local has to be less Energy and payout than International, cover vs feature? high priority, etc. All these descriptive terms are like a code for how much energy they will take, and how much the payout will be. If anyone can Krakk the kode, I'll be your best friend. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • ChicCharlotteChicCharlotte Registered Users 571 Posts
    No I was talking about how many blue stars you need to collect to fill one of those empty stars.

If you get a gig that needs 9 blue stars for 1 empty star, you'll probably need around 25-28 energy bolts depending on the task buttons you choose.

If you get a gig that needs 10,12,13 or 16 blue stars for 1 empty star, you'll need more!

I am not sure what you mean by the star+bonus button. I see the +star symbol on the bottom left of my screen, but I just tried tapping it as I was beginning a gig and it doesn't appear to have any button function. Am I looking in the wrong place? Thanks for the heads-up. Hope I can figure this out..
    Began an iOS game and need friends!
    Also deleted old Facebook account. Please refriend me if you play iOS.
    https://facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009525168362
    Oh no sorry! I meant start + bonus button, just wrote it wrong!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • ChicCharlotteChicCharlotte Registered Users 571 Posts
    Oh no sorry! I meant start + bonus button, just wrote it wrong!

OK! :) I'll try to pay attention when I start my next gig. Hopefully, it will all make sense to me then and I'll see that number. Thanks!
    Began an iOS game and need friends!
    Also deleted old Facebook account. Please refriend me if you play iOS.
    https://facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009525168362
    Ok, now I have to try that too. Thanks for the tip Vats. See, you learn something new every day. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • KeemKeem Registered Users 357 Posts
    I've always said to watch how Simon describes it. Local has to be less Energy and payout than International, cover vs feature? high priority, etc. All these descriptive terms are like a code for how much energy they will take, and how much the payout will be. If anyone can Krakk the kode, I'll be your best friend. :)

May I send you a pm please? :)