Weekend Event 3/11/16 - Roll on up for the Mykonos Tour!

kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
magical_mykonos.jpg

Roll up, roll up for the Mykonos tour.

Roll up, and that's an invitation,
Roll up for the Mykonos tour.
Roll up, to make a reservation,

The Magical Mykonos Tour is waiting to take you away,
Waiting to take you away.

Roll up, we've got ev'rything you need
Roll up, satisfaction guaranteed,

The Magical Mykonos Tour is hoping to take you away,
Hoping to take you away.

I thought it would be fun, to feature all the new aspects of our latest location in the game!
So, it's a time for a wonderful party. Let's all share and sample aspects of Greek Culture.
Let's have music, merriment, and just a fun filled event.

So what will it be? Grinding or Parties, or VIP?

I'll tell you one thing.......the Ouzo will flow like water from a fountain.

Let's Party!

oh, ok, no, it's no Ouzo, but it's the patron color of the forum.....Kim swears
When you need a pop of color...............

Midorihat2.jpg
If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
I Am NOT a Glu Employee
🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
💜Vats
💜#VipKalinda
#RecollectionsMayVary
Prev134567

Comments

• Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    Gigs was last weekend, and the weekend before that was VIP right? So either dating or Parties I guess. Hopefully if they guys have cute hair it's earnable or if it's in a box that it ends up not being my taste so I don't stress XD
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    They don't do dating all that often any more, Dating's ok. Expensive but ok. I'm thinking Parties will probably be next week, only because I don't imagine a St. Patrick's Event a week before. But, the nice thing is.....things change on a dime. Que sera sera. My town already had their St. Patrick's Day Parade, even when it falls on a Sunday, they have the parade when it's convenient, usually a week or so earlier. But hey, I'd like to wear green this weekend. ;)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • SerendipitySerendipity Registered Users 253 Posts
    I'm hoping it's parties. Or dating. Or maybe voting? I know we have had the voting during the week, but it wouldn't hurt to have something easy. Right? Anyway, I hope there are new facial features and some cute spring clothes for both guys and girls.
    "Art...a result of the frustration with being normal..."
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    I'm hoping that it's a party event and stress-free grinding one too.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• FrancescahillFrancescahill Registered Users 1,288 Posts
    I'm thinking about an Spring or st Patrick's day event (party for sure?) idk st Patrick's day it's a Thursday this year so they're going do the event after the celebration? :/
  • HoneyRavenHoneyRaven Registered Users 145 Posts
    Hey all, I'm back (to actually play and relax, so excited!) I've missed the banter on here, and I've just spent a good solid 40 minutes playing catch up on threads :)

I'm actually not fussed as to the type of event, my fingers are itching to start tapping already. Thankfully, my hiatus has meant that I've got a heap of storylines to catch up on, so I'm able to entertain myself until the event starts.

Hope you've all been well, and fingers crossed you enjoy the event!
    ~ You have your whole life to be old, but you only have a few years to be young ~
  • SassyVoguetteSassyVoguette Registered Users 1,510 Posts
    Heeey Honey! Good to see you back xo xo

I'm going to attend a carnival this weekend in my hometown so it's gonna be hard to grind. But I actually don't care. I'm going home, I'm going to reunite with my friends and have fun! All my costumes are ready, I've been busy doing them for almost 2 months. We have masquerade ball on Friday night - I'm going to be a Greek goddess Aphrodite and my bf Adonis lol every year we make different costumes - me, my bestie and our bf. On saturday is the main carnival night and we are going to be military pilots and flight attendants :) Last year we were Barbie & Ken and French monsieur et madame :D Then the year before that we were Victoria's secret backstage - my fav of the all! :D
    I actually hope its party or VIP since those are easier to complete :)
    Vats has my heart. Forever. 💕

iOS
    07/2014 
    Koko, I love the thread theme! Sign me in for Mykonos! I need beach & party right now!

This weekend on the menu - GREEK FOOD! Gyros, tzatziki, souvlaki, greek (horiatiki) salad... enjoy!
    34qra6r.jpg

And no champagne this weekend, just ouzo.
    2my936x.jpg

iOS
    07/2014 
  • CchairccCchaircc Registered Users 284 Posts
    I hope it's a VIP again only becuase I'm out of the country on vacation and we are traveling around the uk seeing my husbands family! Somehow I still managed to complete this past weekend even in the midst of working everyday and flying out Sunday morning. I was dead set on getting that hair! So here's to hoping that this weekend event is easy or uneventful lol
  • AmyTAmyT Registered Users 1,164 Posts
    A dance remix of the original 'Zorba the Greek' actually made it to the top of the charts in the UK in 1998 apparently! I don't remember it, but here it is, how weird is the video?!! The original music is so much better, I love Greek dancing.

[video=youtube_share;xvW7OuFra6k]http://youtu.be/xvW7OuFra6k[/video]

I hope Koko's Magical Mykonos Tour takes us to a nightclub for lots of ouzo! It looks amazing there!
    41A8C035-7700-42E4-ABA6-7B7CD2552E19_zpsjfvlnmso.jpg

Have fun at the carnival, Sassy!
    Top 20 +++
    My doll's name is Madison :)
    (~~ one cat short of crazy! ~~)

iOS player ~~ GC AmyTMadison
    Pm me if you'd like to add Madison on Facebook :)

#fangsforNai
  • ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    Omg Sassy... Those pics made my mouth water!!! Lol I also love spanakopita!!! I'd kill for some lamb souvlaki right now but it's Maslenitsa this week & it's basically the time of the year when we prepare for Pascha. But I can still have feta cheese yay!
    GC: Zoë Strange
  • HoneyRavenHoneyRaven Registered Users 145 Posts
    Wow Sassy, kind of wishing I was in your shoes right now, that sounds like a fantastic weekend! And thanks for the welcome back ;)

Has anyone found any teasers? Is Kate still able to get them in advance? I've noticed I keep getting notifications popping up several hours prior to the events with scant details of the event type, I assumed it was a glitch?
    ~ You have your whole life to be old, but you only have a few years to be young ~
    Zoyechka wrote: »
    Omg Sassy... Those pics made my mouth water!!! Lol I also love spanakopita!!! I'd kill for some lamb souvlaki right now but it's Maslenitsa this week & it's basically the time of the year when we prepare for Pascha. But I can still have feta cheese yay!

Yeees, it's same here. We called it "mesni zagovezni" this week - no meat, but cheese and milk products are OK. Next Monday is "Clean Monday" and the fastening begins and Sunday is also known as "sirni zagovezni" or "proshka". That's why we have carnival, and it changes the date every year according to Pascha. :)

Amy, that pic is from Paradise Club Mykonos! The BEST parties ever!!!

Honey, I'm so excited. The carnival is always around my birthday because of Pascha and its usually end of February and the beginning of March. So March is a party month. Our carnival is very famous, it's in top 15 of Europe's carnivals :)

EDIT: You can google Strumica carnival and go to photos and see some of the masks. Every mask is hand made and usually takes up to 5-6 months to be complete :)

iOS
    07/2014 
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Yes! Clean Monday. I found that when I was looking for events, but, falling on Monday would only work for an extended weekend event. Sassy, I love your pictures. Something about seeing Goddess Zoë looking radiant for Greece, and the beautiful colors, and light airy feeling in the game locale, something said Greece.

Anyplace where traffic stops because passerby decide to dance is rocking in my book.

Amy......I love those pictures. Cavo Paradiso here we come...............
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Great theme choice Koko! Mykonos is already one of my favorite locations in the game!

Well I'm down for anything this weekend, just hope for good earnables as last weekend!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • cocofabulouscocofabulous Registered Users 442 Posts
    I have a serious case of wanderlust and get really into a different country every few weeks, it seems, but Greece has always been my #1. <3 I would LOVE a Greek event this weekend!
    GC: Coco Fabulous
    Maybe some gladiator sandals for girls <3
  • hyerileehyerilee Registered Users 181 Posts
    I got a mini update who else? Is it already from tomorrow's event?
  • AmiliciousAmilicious Registered Users 415 Posts
    My game just patched now and that's what? About 6 hours earlier than usual? I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but there's a nagging "throwback" feeling in the back of my head lol xD
    My brain is going to explode some people says it's a dating event and other people that it's a vip event it's the first time that I have no clue honestly....,
    Can someone please check their files?
    It's a dating event guys! I'm glad because dating event clothes are always cute!
  • AmiliciousAmilicious Registered Users 415 Posts
    It's a dating event guys!

Awesome, thanks for the info! Glad I saved my cash, hah!
  • CilanCilan Registered Users 298 Posts
    Amilicious wrote: »
    Awesome, thanks for the info! Glad I saved my cash, hah!

Me too! This is the first time I won't be down to 10k only kash when an event starts.... Hopefully they do the +1 K-Star per 5 star date!
  • hyerileehyerilee Registered Users 181 Posts
    Can someone please check their files?

I just checked out the update files, but there's no tip. Only thing I know that it was a weekend event update.
  • ticisssticisss Banned Users 811 Posts
    No Throwback :(

Screenshot_2016_03_10_13_44_00.png
    There's a person on Instagram who was doing the energy cheat and appear in he/her phone "there's only one day left on the love is in the air event"
  • trufflebuttertrufflebutter Registered Users 441 Posts
    _zps16ttay33.jpg
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    I saw the teasers on instagram!
    PM to add
  • ticisssticisss Banned Users 811 Posts
    The hair is gorgeous!