~ Apropos of Nuthin'

Comments

• MommyTo3MunchkinsMommyTo3Munchkins Registered Users 341 Posts
    Eselletea, how funny you should post this! I too have decided to pull away from the game for awhile. I found that I spend too much time (mostly on the weekends) away from my kids and husband. I want to focus more on what is really important...which honestly is not this game. Although I enjoyed playing and checking in here, I am taking a hiatus. I did "delete" the game for now. If I lose progress, oh well. It wouldn't be the first time. I just need to refocus my time and energy right now.

~Melissa~
    GC: MommyTo3Munchkins

• EselleteaEselletea Registered Users 700 Posts
    I totally understand your decision, MT3M! It's hard because this game is fun and addicting, and I absolutely love this forum, but like you I need to put my time and energy into other things. I completely respect you for wanting to spend more time with your kids and husband. These are the important things in life, not a game. No offense to you guys who continue to play, this is just what I have to do for me right now. I do hope to return to the game when I have my life on a better track. :)
    Currently playing 2 iOS games, PM to add!
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Hey Eselle, happy you made a concrete decision and I hope you pull through with success. I remember you mentioned this briefly before, I'm glad you know and set your priorities straight. You, Shae and Jesse will be missed!

MT3M too : )

Whenever you ladies are ready, I'll gladly welcome you back <3(That is, if I'm still here too)
    PM to add
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Hey everyone!

I thought about making a separate post about this, but I didn't want to clog up the forum. I have thoroughly enjoyed playing this game and being a part of this forum for over a year now, but unfortunately I've decided I need to take a hiatus.

In real life, I've always been an introvert and sort of technology obsessed (when it came around, any ways) but I've come to a point in my life now where it's even harder to make real life friends, and I need to put more energy into that. Also, I've gained around 10-15lbs this past year due to eating horribly and not exercising. This became painfully aware to me in October when I went on my cruise and saw how I looked in a bathing suit, and again last week when a co-worker asked if I was pregnant. I'm not. Yes, it was extremely rude but it made me realize I need to focus on being healthier and exercising so I can feel happy about the way I look. I can't sit around on weekends grinding for clothes made of pixels. I know some people can do all of these things with no issues but I seriously lack self discipline. I have to cut something out and the game is it. With my work hours and everything else there's just not much time for me to put into the game. And sorry to lay all my personal biz out there, but my boyfriend has had an issue with me playing this game for a while. I have questioned our relationship and still do, but there's no harm in me pulling away for a while to see if things improve. By doing this I can work on the things I listed as well.

I don't plan on deleting the game. I'd like it to always be there and maybe I can return to it sometime. I'll likely check in to date so I won't get divorced, but that's it. I know I'll miss out on a ton of awesome weekend stuff but that is something I have to just live with. It's only pixels, right?

I really have enjoyed getting to know you guys, and I'll check in every now and then to say hello. Also, if any of you would like to keep in contact with me on "the other side" just PM me for my email. If not, I totally understand.

Hopefully I'll be back sometime and see you all later :)

Aww, you can always come back for a fun weekend or something. And, you can be like a few others and pop in if you feel like it to say Hi. I'm off to my oral surgeon, but I'll be back. Don't leave till we have a chance to give you a proper KK:H Sendoff. We could do it like a roast, or just a big party. Think about it, or someone start the party while I'm out, I'm thinking Elton John's Goodbye Yellow Brick Road for some entertainment. Maybe All Day Suckers (Huge lollipops) on the desert table. THis way, you can't leave till it's done....and...it's an All Day Sucker. :)

And, Mommy .....I didn't read yours yet, but if you're scramming too, it's a double party. Not happy anyone is leaving, but I get the real life aspect. If I was more mobile.....oh well, I'm not. So...nobody leaves till Toothy gets back. :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    ๐Ÿฆ‹Purple Headed โ™Š+ ๐Ÿฅฅ Chick Playing iOS & Android ๐Ÿฆ‹
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐ŸŒŸIf you want my attention please send a dm
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Ok, so it's two down. 2 Names on the Cake please. I'll be back as soon as I can. ;)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • EselleteaEselletea Registered Users 700 Posts
    Koko, that's so sweet of you! I'll be checking in throughout the day & this week.

Nai, you're a doll. Thanks for the kind words! <3
    Currently playing 2 iOS games, PM to add!
  • FrancescahillFrancescahill Registered Users 1,288 Posts
    Ok guys I don't know where to post this so there's a mid week event tomorrow!!! and I just hope it's not the same items again :/
  • MommyTo3MunchkinsMommyTo3Munchkins Registered Users 341 Posts
    Thanks, ladies! I really didn't want to leave, but I just felt it was something I needed to do. I like KKH, but I don't want to focus on my phone when so much is going on around me. There were times when I was at my son's basketball game, and I was logged into KKH trying to work on getting event points. Not my proudest moment. Hopefully, when (and if) I come back, I can just do it to enjoy the game instead of needing to grind to get everything (which takes away from the fun, IMO.)

~Melissa~
    GC: MommyTo3Munchkins

Here's the BonVoyage thread for our friends who are stepping AFK for a while. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • SassyVoguetteSassyVoguette Registered Users 1,510 Posts
    Girls, you are going to be soooo missed :( But I understand.. there are times when I think the same thing about this game.. I haven't left because I'm still free on weekends (no kids, bf often works) and somehow I manage to grind between all the travels, work at home and going out with friends.. But its a fact that its not fun to grind so much.. it was easier back in time.. I know its more challenging this way but we all do have lives out of this game and if you're not glued to your device on weekends there is no way to get the items. Luckily I'm not someone to obsess over pixels so when I can - I grind, when not - then I don't.
    Summer is just around the corner, so I won't be here that often too. I travel almost every weekend and its impossible to grind. But I actually don't care, cause I can't wait for warmer weather and beach time :)

I wish you all the best girls!
    Eselle, I hope you reach your goals <3
    MT3M, have fun with the family, it's really the most important thing in life <3
    Vats has my heart. Forever.ย ๐Ÿ’•

iOS
    07/2014ย 
  • ChicCharlotteChicCharlotte Registered Users 571 Posts
    I wish those taking a little break all the best too. I think we all have to step back from time to time, be it an afternoon, a week, a month, etc. Hope you will pop back in when you feel up to it, especially at event time.

I spent this past Saturday through Monday out of town on the coast of Massachusetts in Cape May. Yesterday was the first anniversary of my husband's younger sister's death. We wanted to be away from the usual day to day stuff to enjoy the day in a way she would've enjoyed. As it turned out it was really cold and the beach almost unbearable yesterday, but we were able to spend a lot of time out and about on Sunday. It was really wonderful.

I didn't take my Kindle with me, so no KKH for almost three days. I didn't miss it, but once I was home it was one of the first things I gave my attention too (after the kitties). I had to pay 10 Kstars to keep my fiance.. Normally, I would've let him go, but I think after a certain time you can get a baby for free? I'm hanging on for all the freebies I can get.
    Began an iOS game and need friends!
    Also deleted old Facebook account. Please refriend me if you play iOS.
    https://facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009525168362
    When you reach 12,000 relationship points with him...a baby is no charge. A 2nd child is available when you hit max (15,000). What are your current points with him?

I'm sorry about your Sister in Law. Spending a day in bittersweet remembrance helps. It's so hard when loved ones are gone too soon.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • ChicCharlotteChicCharlotte Registered Users 571 Posts
    Thank you, Koko. It was just the right way to remember my SIL. We miss her.

I am at about 8000 points with my relationship, so a ways to go. I will hang on best I can (within reason.. I don't like to waste my Kstars!). I want that free baby though. :)
    Began an iOS game and need friends!
    Also deleted old Facebook account. Please refriend me if you play iOS.
    https://facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009525168362
  • AmyTAmyT Registered Users 1,164 Posts
    So on my lazy Saturday, during my 2 day hangover:( , I came across this quiz. There's probably hundreds out there like it but I thought I'd give it a go!

Which Kardashian/Jenner are you?

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/reality-tv/feature/a787265/the-quiz-youve-all-been-waiting-for-which-kardashian-or-jenner-are-you/

(I got Khloe :))
    Top 20 +++
    My doll's name is Madison :)
    (~~ one cat short of crazy! ~~)

iOS player ~~ GC AmyTMadison
    Pm me if you'd like to add Madison on Facebook :)

#fangsforNai
  • Laralu529Laralu529 Registered Users 166 Posts
    AmyT wrote: ยป
    So on my lazy Saturday, during my 2 day hangover:( , I came across this quiz. There's probably hundreds out there like it but I thought I'd give it a go!

Which Kardashian/Jenner are you?

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/reality-tv/feature/a787265/the-quiz-youve-all-been-waiting-for-which-kardashian-or-jenner-are-you/

(I got Khloe :))

I got Rob :eek: Lol
    Call me Lu :)
    Android player

Add me on FB
  • CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    I got Rob too! :D

I'd say it's true, since I'm a very private person like him. Never been a fan of the spotlight!
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Hey Amy take easy girl!

Thanks for the quiz that was fun!

I'm Kris Jenner by the way.
    Viva La Vida ร La Vats!
  • ChanrinChanrin Registered Users 516 Posts
    Got Kendall ! Determined, focus, ambitious and hard-working, yep that's me ;)
    Do you hear the phone when I call ?
    Do you feel the thud when I fall?
    Do you hear the crack when I break ?

---
    #TeamCassio
    Got Kris! Sooo me! &#55357;&#56449;&#55356;&#57341;&#55357;&#56834;

"You're focused, smart and with more business acumen than most CEOs. You know exactly what you want and how to get it, and you'll do pretty much anything to succeed. But while your family will defend you to the hilt, sometimes you can't help but let criticism get to you."

iOS
    07/2014ย 
    I had to post this somewhere, and I wasn't sure which thread was the right one, so I ended up here... Anyway, I'm so happy, my doll and her hubby finally had their baby! It took a looooot of dating, but it was worth it :D

2zfuykw.png
    Android player

Add me on FB
    Oh Congratulations. What a cutie. If you'd like to share the whole story, and post more pics, We have the delivery room called..Baby and Me. :) Lovely Family. Congratulations.

Baby04x3.gif
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Oh, thanks Koko! I knew there had to be a thread around :) I'll try to get creative and give them a some background story...
    Android player

Add me on FB
    I woke up to learn of the Brussels attacks. November it was Paris, where will it be next month? It's just so freaking senseless. My heart is breaking over the world that I'm leaving for my son and future generations. This can't be an ideology of people trying to build a better world, These are clusters of broken people, sick twisted minds who are so warped that killing innocent people is a good thing. A child goes to school in the morning thinking about a bright future, and comes home to find their world ripped apart because of senseless violence. My heart goes out to the people of Belgium, and people touched by this all over the world. People just going about their day, and then this madness.
    crying-sad-songs-30738721-316-300_zpsfnhutiil.jpg~original

If anyone here lives there, or have family ties, I'm sending prayers.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Last week it was Ankara, and now Brussels again.. My prayers are with all the victims.

How can one be so brainwashed, to ignore the fact that we're all human beings! We don't bleed any verses, but the same blood inside all of us. :(

I have friends there, but they're fine, they stayed at home today.. I'm so sad and ****ed at the same time. I don't want to live in this kind of world. Paris, Beirut, Istanbul, Ankara, Brussels.. :(
    I'm scared too, because my hometown is very close to the border with Greece, where lots of refugees are stuck because Europe won't let them in anymore.. They want to send them back and there are riots, violence.. its awful :( I know those poor people are escaping the greatest evil - the war, but lots of bad people come with them and are bringing the war to Europe.. I pray for the whole world!

iOS
    07/2014ย 
    I feel as you Bilal and Sassy. These are not people working for a cause, these are very twisted, broken people, who for a myriad of deranged reasons, who've come together to simply cause devastation. The news has said they're being urged to not look for strategic targets, just take any opportunity to cause the most destruction. Prayers are good, And it's really all we've got. Sending virtual to all my friends. I feel for Chanrin, she was so close to the attacks in Paris, this news is going to rock her I'm sure. It will reopen the wounds that have started to heal.

Be cautious, but don't let fear steal your happiness. Then they've won even more.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    happy_easter_stuffed_bunnies_with_easter_basket.jpg
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) โžก the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvmโ˜บ

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

And the vicious circle of terrorism continues.. Pray for the world! :(

vxDlS7M.png

• VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    It's absolutely terrible and revolting to see this happen, and I'm so sorry that this is part of your reality Bilal:(.

The truth is that people have always been capable of do terrible things over time and it's a shame that we still have to witness this today, but I have hopes that even gradually people are becoming more aware of the harmful effects that war, hatred and segregation bring and on a near future this isn't going to be our world's reality anymore.
    Viva La Vida ร La Vats!
    Oh Bilal, I immediately thought of you when I heard about the new attacks in Pakistan.. Stay safe buddy! :(

iOS
    07/2014ย