Options

Google+ friends not showing up

Dannie SwiftDannie Swift Registered Users 25 Posts
I added a lot of people already on Google+ but none of them are showing up. It's been almost 3 days now and not even a single person from my Google+ account showed up. All of my facebook friends are there though (only 4). Please help me. What should I do? Thanks! Add me too: https://plus.google.com/113446601839595188816

Comments

• Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,114 Posts
    Hi. I know in the past there have been some problems with Androids connecting with other Androids if they were also connected through Facebook. You should read here - and make sure your google+ settings are not set to private. I'll grab that link.

Ok, read about it here.
    Hope this helps.

Oh, and it sometimes takes longer till they show up, that's why you should check your privacy settings on Google settings. The support pages I linked should help.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    I don't know how to know if you're account is private or not. But I think it's not private because people can add me on there circles. But no one is still showing up on my game except for my facebook friends.
  • Options
    ok
    • Click on your contact list.
    • click on the little game controller icon.
    • Click on right 3 dots which will open settings
    • Click Settings
    • Look on Sharing and set that.

That's the way I know of making sure you're not private. Plus, the biggest thing is waiting till they pop in. You know, I'm moveing this into FAQ, maybe some other help will be better. A number of us had issues, and what worked for me didn't work for another and vice versa. I'll leave a redict for you. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Okay thanks! I'll try that. But what's a redict?
  • Options
    I did what you told me and I am so sure now that my account isn't private. It's already 4 days and none of my friends showed up.
  • Options
    then you have to wonder if it's having facebook logged in through the game. Sign out of facebook. See if that brings your google friends into the game. That was my initial problem and how playing on my phone turned into the phone, an old ipad, and then and old android to try and find out why I couldn't find friends in the game. It didn't agree with facebook. (Now I'm addicted with 3 dolls) but try that.

If that works, then we'll try and bring your facebook connection into it. But I have to be honest, maybe my facebook settings are wrong, but once I connected to people via google+ I just keep my game signed out of facebook. So...next step. Try and sign out of facebook. Naturally shut down and reboot, and then you should still give it a little time.

I will be honest, Android is not tight like iOS. Apple has GameCenter. And ...you add people they show up. Android has google and facebook. It gets messy.

I'm still waiting to hear how Vats finally started showing up in everyone's games. He might have been that settings thing. But we'll keep trying with you. and...believe me, 4 days is nothing to worry about, but it's a good time to start investigating. ;) Now, are any games from real players showing up in your game at all? Or are all your contacts NPCs?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    My first original game is connected to both Facebook & Google. So for me, I would say that it took only approximately 1-2 days for my Google friends to appear.

My second game is only connected to Google. My Google friends took about a week to appear on my contact list.

On Facebook, friends can appear on your contact list immediately. But, on Google it may take a while.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    then you have to wonder if it's having facebook logged in through the game. Sign out of facebook. See if that brings your google friends into the game. That was my initial problem and how playing on my phone turned into the phone, an old ipad, and then and old android to try and find out why I couldn't find friends in the game. It didn't agree with facebook. (Now I'm addicted with 3 dolls) but try that.

If that works, then we'll try and bring your facebook connection into it. But I have to be honest, maybe my facebook settings are wrong, but once I connected to people via google+ I just keep my game signed out of facebook. So...next step. Try and sign out of facebook. Naturally shut down and reboot, and then you should still give it a little time.

I will be honest, Android is not tight like iOS. Apple has GameCenter. And ...you add people they show up. Android has google and facebook. It gets messy.

I'm still waiting to hear how Vats finally started showing up in everyone's games. He might have been that settings thing. But we'll keep trying with you. and...believe me, 4 days is nothing to worry about, but it's a good time to start investigating. ;) Now, are any games from real players showing up in your game at all? Or are all your contacts NPCs?

I have friends that are irl players but only fb friends, not google+
  • Options
    My first original game is connected to both Facebook & Google. So for me, I would say that took only approximately 1-2 days for my Google friends to appear.

My second game is only connected to Google. My Google friends took about a week to appear on my contact list.

On Facebook, friends can appear on your contact list immediately. But, on Google it may take a while.

Thanks! I'll keep that in mind :)
  • Options
    Okay thanks! I'll try that. But what's a redict?

Oh, typo, I meant I was leaving a redirect link, so when you went to Gifts and Friends to see the thread, it would tell you it moved. I hate typos. lol.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    I have friends that are irl players but only fb friends, not google+

Ok, so maybe try adding some of us here on Google, just so you can have some people in your game. However, you might want to add friends wisely. If you are looking to do a comeback, you don't want a lot of top rated players stopping you from reaching the top.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Ok, so maybe try adding some of us here on Google, just so you can have some people in your game. However, you might want to add friends wisely. If you are looking to do a comeback, you don't want a lot of top rated players stopping you from reaching the top.

Thanks for the advice but I don't wanna do a comeback. I don't get the point. You're just going to start again from the bottom and everything will be gone. Clothes, money, cars, houses, everything. And what I meant when I said "I only have irl friends from fb and not from google+" was that in the game, only fb friends show up, not my google+ friends. Irl I have tons of google+ friends but none of them are showing up.
  • Options
    oh, you don't give up any clothes, homes, cars, with a comeback. But I wanted to put it out there, it matters to a number of people. I understand that. but I suggested logging out of facebook, that was a known issue for some Androids. I'm not there, I'm suggesting a number of different things. I've also said from the beginning that sometimes it takes time, but at 4 days in, you just want your friends to show up. So, wait till your google friends show up, or sign out of Facebook and see if that works, I also posted a link from Glu Support going into detail about what some known issues are. I think I've run out of options.

Sorry this is happening, feel free to contact support. Maybe they can help. Or, contact Google and see if you can get an answer that way. Sorry I couldn't help. Good luck. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    oh, you don't give up any clothes, homes, cars, with a comeback. But I wanted to put it out there, it matters to a number of people. I understand that. but I suggested logging out of facebook, that was a known issue for some Androids. I'm not there, I'm suggesting a number of different things. I've also said from the beginning that sometimes it takes time, but at 4 days in, you just want your friends to show up. So, wait till your google friends show up, or sign out of Facebook and see if that works, I also posted a link from Glu Support going into detail about what some known issues are. I think I've run out of options.

Sorry this is happening, feel free to contact support. Maybe they can help. Or, contact Google and see if you can get an answer that way. Sorry I couldn't help. Good luck. :)

It's okay. It's not your fault. Thanks for trying though.
  • Options
    Some of my google+ friends suddenly showed up!!!! You were right, i just gotta wait!
  • Options
    Some of my google+ friends suddenly showed up!!!! You were right, i just gotta wait!

Yay! That's great. You just gotta be persistent & patient to wait for your Google friends to appear.
    Daily Android KKH player

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    Yay! That's great. You just gotta be persistent & patient to wait for your Google friends to appear.

Thanks! You actually showed up twice on my account. Top 10 and A-list. Cool! You have 2 acc?
  • Options
    Thanks! You actually showed up twice on my account. Top 10 and A-list. Cool! You have 2 acc?

Yep I'm playing two games.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• Options
    Very glad they showed up, I knew 4 days was no time at all to wait.

But, I've deleted the gift requests. They must go in the friends and gifting section where I moved you over from. You have to go back there to request gifts, or friends to add.

:) Then there is also the General Discussion section, where there are all kinds threads to read and respond to Glad your frineds showed up. But again, no friend or gift requests.

ETA: I'm still deleting, so lets all get on the same page. :) Good morning.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary