Weekend Event 4/8/16 ~ Royal April Showers, Huntsmen & Birthday Cake - Let's Party!!!

Comments

• NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Andrzej_S. wrote: »
    It's not that the clothes are badly shaped this weekend and I can at least be glad that the outfits have been actual looks instead of mismatched separates randomly thrown together recently but this feels really off season & out of step with the girls' looks.

During the winter the girls were getting gowns the guys got ultra casual clothes and now with things getting more color for the warmer months for the girls the guys are getting business suits? Even if they only want to reuse suits so much why not making them in fun colors at least to match the season or just for variety sake. And perhaps using the fitted jackets instead of the ones that obliterate our lines?

I get that they want to put the best things in the boxes to encourage spending and completely understand that the lady designs will have a more important focus since the girl avatars are the main draw in fashion centered RPGs but that doesn't mean they should make the earnables so similar/abysmal and it would be nice if, every once in a while, the cooler outfit was one I could complete with my real effort instead of being prompted to spend real money on since both are valuable.

(Not to mention, nothing at all for this huntsman sponsored mini event? No hair or jacket or accessory? As if!)

You got a point and I understand you. I don't live in a country with seasons so I don't take notice of such things hehe.

C'mon glu send us an awesome earnable men's hair our way.
    PM to add
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    For reference. Quite lucky but I still want the top and jeans! I don't know which box now.

Seems the 3rd and 7th box is unlucky spots for me!

YuZqS0G.png
    CHngUTZ.png
    PM to add
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Thanks for sharing those Nai! Hope you have more luck next!

So maybe spot two is the safe get an item spot, well we need more samples.

Thruth is that at every new event I'm starting to postponing more to open my free box, ugh I can't stand the frustration feeling anymore, maybe I should just let it go and don't open even the free box!

Bilal I checked and the energy stuff doesn't pops up to me when I reach zero!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • CilanCilan Registered Users 298 Posts
    That guy earnable suit top would look much better.... without the suit top! LOL. That patterned shirt with tie underneath looks like it could be so much fun to wear. I really wish they would let us layer our own stuff instead of giving us their choice of suit and shirt or jacket and shirt.
  • EmilyJaneEmilyJane Registered Users 33 Posts
    Sorry if this is a dumb question, but with this being a party weekend do we still get event points from the 6 hour weekend gigs?
  • QueenCookieQueenCookie Registered Users 356 Posts
    EmilyJane wrote: »
    Sorry if this is a dumb question, but with this being a party weekend do we still get event points from the 6 hour weekend gigs?

Yes, you still earn event points from completing the 6 hour weekend gigs but they drain more energy than regular gigs. I would suggest just throwing parties since it uses less energy and Emily your question isn't dumb.
    Sophie
  • QueenCookieQueenCookie Registered Users 356 Posts
    I really hate it when glu recolor weekend event items as if they are new. The guys earn able suit is pretty much identical to Simon's suit that was available last weekend. It's just really annoying when they do some c-r-a-p like that.:mad::mad::mad:
    Sophie
  • nividnivid Registered Users 133 Posts
    I got 40 energy on my free box. Usually I would be mad but I don't really like any of the giftbox items this week. Not even the dress! *gasp*
    I'll be grinding for the earnables ;)
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    ♢ KKH: Allison
    PM me for my Facebook (Ios only!)
  • evilhagevilhag Registered Users 923 Posts
    Ugh, off to a horrible start with the dreaded 4k kash in my free box.

Thanks for the birthday wishes though!!
    Put a cap on Trendspenders! 
    Give 20 daily videos to paying players!
    Bonus star for parties!
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    AmyT wrote: »

Carol lol, try the new hair on her just once :) tut tut, Glu, putting that hairstyle in the weekend gift boxes :( that makes me mad. But congrats on reaching the top 100

Thanks Amy.☺

I think that I will never ever try that hideous hairstyle on my doll lol. She might hate me for it hahaha
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

What⁉

C'mon Glu!!! Why did you have to ruin my luck on my most favorite day of the week which is on Fridays⁉

And that is usually my lucky spot inside of my freebie gift box.:(

I really wanted the necklaces for both of my dolls.��
    image.php?di=81IPW.jpg
    Daily Android KKH player

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• lalaloveyoulalaloveyou Registered Users 122 Posts
    Vats wrote: »
    Thanks for sharing those Nai! Hope you have more luck next!

So maybe spot two is the safe get an item spot, well we need more samples.

Nope. Didn't take a pic, but yeah, no. $4k twice in a row in spot 2.

Edit: But that's on my girl game. Not sure if that makes a difference.
  • KeemKeem Registered Users 357 Posts
    KKH_Screenshot_1460141720109.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

I love everything this event! I've been (bored) sick now for 5 days with the flu, so both myself and my doll went platinum blonde! Silver dress and golden jewelry to celebrate?! Yes please!!!

The one thing I didn't want was the shoes.

3 more boxes I open, and I'm 12K kash richer.
    The merman is ecstatic about money for Wine, but his attempts at comforting are not working.
  • lalaloveyoulalaloveyou Registered Users 122 Posts
    Keem wrote: »
    KKH_Screenshot_1460141720109.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

I love everything this event! I've been (bored) sick now for 5 days with the flu, so both myself and my doll went platinum blonde! Silver dress and golden jewelry to celebrate?! Yes please!!!

The one thing I didn't want was the shoes.

3 more boxes I open, and I'm 12K kash richer.
    The merman is ecstatic about money for Wine, but his attempts at comforting are not working.

The shoes are really just so terrible, right?

Gift box items kinda looks like huntsman stuff that didn't make the cut or something. But I'm ok with that, I really like the dress.
    Wanna trade Carol?
    QRKJd3f.png?1

At this pace I finally can admit... I'm a irremediable KKH loser and I'll never get anything good from the cursed boxes, it's known!

lalaloveyou please make sure to show up earlier next time, cause our games are in sync lol

Give me the congrats guys cause I reached level 100 ... of frustration!

#excusemeillkillmyselfthereforalittlebit
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    Oh wow I'm so disappointed with the 1st event gig since we can't invite a co-star. Ugh!!!😠
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• FinFin Registered Users 211 Posts
    Guys! Which places are best for parties? I didn't get the Calabasas mansion yet so I kind of need a place. And which is better? The 3-hour party or the 8-hour party? When I did an 8-hour party, I always use 3 1/2 energy bars. It takes forever. Is it normal or not? I was quite surprised that the weekend events were actually much faster to finish. They say that they love a party weekend but it's too hard to even get the glasses.
    Hi! Call me Fin! Daily KKH and KKG player

KKH:
    Alison Jane: Level 26 A on Android
    Ali Lois: Level 55 A+++ on Android
    Katherine Pierce: Level 37 A++ on iOS
    Maidelle Queen: Level 12 C on Facebook

KKG:
    Alison Jane(@ali_xoxo): Level 11 on Android
    Ali Lois(@ali_lois): Level 22 on Android

PM me for requests.
  • KeemKeem Registered Users 357 Posts
    Fin wrote: »
    Guys! Which places are best for parties? I didn't get the Calabasas mansion yet so I kind of need a place. And which is better? The 3-hour party or the 8-hour party? When I did an 8-hour party, I always use 3 1/2 energy bars. It takes forever. Is it normal or not? I was quite surprised that the weekend events were actually much faster to finish. They say that they love a party weekend but it's too hard to even get the glasses.

I was always under the impression the second best house to hold parties is Punta Mita. I haven't held any parties in any of the new homes, so this might be inaccurate.

Also, 3 hour parties don't give as much, but they only take a full bar and a bit (gives 12 points, +points for each guest)
    Also do the event quests. They give bonus event points after each, and completion!
  • trevoractortrevoractor Registered Users 1,114 Posts
    Naimonster wrote: »
    SGd7eWh.png53J3dO0.png

The earnable suit is mediocre at best.. It kinda reminds me of Frank from How To Get Away With Murder on your doll lol. I was really hoping the guy's would get an earnable hairstyle this weekend since the girls were. We've had a lot of really nice hairs for the past like 5 events but they've been in giftboxes EVERY time so I've never gotten any of them. :( Im still wearing my Grease-inspired hair from Halloween lol.
    A+++ Lister // GameCenter: TrevorActor :cool:
    You know it's time to us men start to get earnable hair Trevor. It's ok they put hair on boxes, but not only there since they don't give us hair at each update in the wardrobe we didn't get a change to get hair at all. You know I like really long hair, but all those came on boxes and I got none of them so basically all my favorite hair styles are from 2014! We get some medium lenght and with a hat last year, but good and fluttery long hair it's luxury item :(
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    I was always under the impression the second best house to hold parties is Punta Mita. I haven't held any parties in any of the new homes, so this might be inaccurate.

Also, 3 hour parties don't give as much, but they only take a full bar and a bit (gives 12 points, +points for each guest)
    Also do the event quests. They give bonus event points after each, and completion!

Punts Mita is abso correct.
  • LantsPanceLantsPance Registered Users 998 Posts
    The earnable suit is mediocre at best.. It kinda reminds me of Frank from How To Get Away With Murder on your doll lol. I was really hoping the guy's would get an earnable hairstyle this weekend since the girls were. We've had a lot of really nice hairs for the past like 5 events but they've been in giftboxes EVERY time so I've never gotten any of them. :( Im still wearing my Grease-inspired hair from Halloween lol.

that is exactly what I thought! I love Frank! And I love that show! xD

Also, is Kim's invite to the Huntsmen premiere the beginning of the event quests?
    And which parties are better at the Punta Minta location? 3hr or 8hr?
    Daily iOS KKH player
  • isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    Just a couple of thoughts....

With the guys' earnable jacket--I think it's pretty summer-inspired because it's white, and also it's based on a motorcycle jacket, which is actually kind of cool. Ok but, maybe that's easy for me to say because my doll is female and aside from lately, oftentimes yucky, clothes, I don't suppose I can really speak for them.

The earnable dress. Now that's...I think the fuchsia dress with red bolero (?)--it's not shrug size, so it's more of a bolero--just clash horribly; I'd rather not have it tbh.

Taking a page out of Koko's book I bought a box first thing this morning and got the VIP shoes, which are kind of odd-looking, but I can't complain, right? I was lucky I got an event item altogether. Then, with my first earnable box I somehow got yet more lucky and got the VIP dress. Both items difficult to style, I think, but I came up with something. I know a lot of people here are really happy with the dress. I won't be spending more stars to open anymore boxes, chasing anything, after Maria/Glu messed me over yesterday. Besides, I'm sure my luck has run out by now. But for the guys, again, I don't know your wardrobes, but maybe if it actually does look like its a design based on a motorcycle jacket, it's not so bad...? Maybe wear it with leather pants? Black jeans? Make that thang look cool! In my kloset I have both black and white leather pants...maybe you do too? <3
    image_zpsdbw9onho.jpeg

No. No, Maria. And no, Glu; just NO. Buy this bag for 30 K-stars to earn a paltry five stars back? And a couple of xp, a few energy bolts? Now kindly leave my beach and pool party and never darken my doorway again.

image_zpssr6vl8k1.png
    Carol Davida threw a 3 hr house party. She invited Carolyn Ferocious & Vats. She's glad that to see that he's defrosted & he's changed his clothes at Carol Davida party.
    Screenshot_2016-04-08-19-40-14-1.png
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    Naimonster wrote: »
    You got a point and I understand you. I don't live in a country with seasons so I don't take notice of such things hehe.

C'mon glu send us an awesome earnable men's hair our way.

Funnily enough, I also live in a place that doesn't have traditional seasons but it's a coastal floridian town and everyone is usually dressed either for the beach or even in just bright colors in general for their clothes so I'm just used to more of those really XD

yes to earnable hair tho, especially in longer styles! or even longer styles to purchase in the shop. C'mon GLU! I know you can do it!!

LMAO - it DOES resemble Frank's suit doesn't it? XD

I was extremely lucky to get the box ponytail in january but it would be nice if we could earnable hair more often, like in the anniversary event! We've missed out on a few longer styles thanks to the boxes - I don't think anyone managed the Anna Dello Russo locks either - and it would be nice to have a fair shot at earning them or even if that means spending via k-stars in the closet.
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • trevoractortrevoractor Registered Users 1,114 Posts
    I got the white biker jacket in my free giftbox (spot #3). I always forget to take pictures when I actually get something good becusse I get too excited.
    A+++ Lister // GameCenter: TrevorActor :cool:
  • LantsPanceLantsPance Registered Users 998 Posts
    The Huntsmen premiere event with Kim (the one in the theatre) is the worst event I have ever done lol. There are like 5 tappables and they all are only 1 or 2 energy. It's going by so slowly. xD
    Do the guys get any exclusive clothing for the movie like the girls did?
    Daily iOS KKH player
  • FinFin Registered Users 211 Posts

Thanks Keem! I'll try it out
    Hi! Call me Fin! Daily KKH and KKG player

KKH:
    Alison Jane: Level 26 A on Android
    Ali Lois: Level 55 A+++ on Android
    Katherine Pierce: Level 37 A++ on iOS
    Maidelle Queen: Level 12 C on Facebook

KKG:
    Alison Jane(@ali_xoxo): Level 11 on Android
    Ali Lois(@ali_lois): Level 22 on Android

PM me for requests.
  • evilhagevilhag Registered Users 923 Posts
    Okay I just got the glasses. I'm hoping work isn't to crazy the rest of the weekend, I really want that hair. Upon further review of my star count haha I decided to buy the punta mita mansion instead. Hoping I can pull it off. I've never finished a weekend event before
    Put a cap on Trendspenders! 
    Give 20 daily videos to paying players!
    Bonus star for parties!
  • Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    The first storyline event gives enough for the free box but now I'm nervous to open it. I always tell myself 'oh it's just pixels, relax' bit event boxes are such wikd cards. Do I choose my usual and possibly get nothing OR do I go elsewhere and if that then when? And what if I miss the jacket because it's in my steady box?

Decisions, decisions.....
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats