Update 4.9.0 - April's Update KK:H

Comments

• isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    Thanks for the tip. I think that the second daily freebie gift box feature is actually more cooler than the new luxe feature.

I haven't seen this yet, it looks great. And on another note, don't mistake the luxe goals feature as something added to improve one's game play, be fun, or make playing the game more interesting--it's the spawn hatchling of a greedy game manufacturer. What good is it to a gamer when you have to give so much to get so little in exchange? Nah, I'm no spoilsport; it's blatantly devious and a waste. I hope enough people ignore demands to buy things they don't want and it dies the ugly death it so deserves.
  • KeemKeem Registered Users 357 Posts
    isabeau wrote: »
    I haven't seen this yet, it looks great. And on another note, don't mistake the luxe goals feature as something added to improve one's game play, be fun, or make playing the game more interesting--it's the spawn hatchling of a greedy game manufacturer. What good is it to a gamer when you have to give so much to get so little in exchange? Nah, I'm no spoilsport; it's blatantly devious and a waste. I hope enough people ignore demands to buy things they don't want and it dies the ugly death it so deserves.

Agreed!

But, my last luxe off was for a 8.5k kash clothing piece and gave me exp, 5 energy and a k star for buying it, so at least the offers don't just come in kstar item only form!
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts

I agree. I think that the new luxe feature is a bad idea & a horrible business move from Glu. It's starting to get on my nerves but I will continue to ignore that feature.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• MagriatrixMagriatrix Registered Users 123 Posts
    I saw the new event when I was playing the game. I'm sure all of you dolls have seen it, too. It's the Huntsman: Winter's War. I'm really excited for the movie in real life. I saw the new fashions, too. All of it seems amazing, especially the dresses. Love it. I just wondered why they didn't give us a new hairstyle? There should've been a type of hairstyle with a queen's crown. But, the main thing I'm most excited about are the dresses/gowns. They're surprisingly cheap (mostly 50 K-Stars) for such a good look. I've got 225 K-Stars yet I still don't want the buy the outfits. I'm such a cheap person, lol. ;)
    These words are like knives and often leave scars. -Brendon Urie
    It's a good thing to be strange. Normalness leads to sadness. -Phil Lester
    Fast food, greasy taco, I love. Food like this could've only come from above. -Tyler Robert Joseph

:oAll of you are beautiful in your own way. Don't ever change yourself.:o
    Keem wrote: »
    Agreed!

But, my last luxe off was for a 8.5k kash clothing piece and gave me exp, 5 energy and a k star for buying it, so at least the offers don't just come in kstar item only form!

Keem--I get if you wanted it, or the item was fine with you; but I got one for a pair of $8,000 jeans. Which I never wanted since I even started playing the game. And we alllll have jeans in every color and then some. And I was P I S S E D. And Glu said: gotchu sucka! Boo! Hiss! Blehhhhh!

EDIT: Bearing in mind another purchase was 35 K-star jeans, and the third, a 120-star dress! So.Angry.
    Julliette wrote: »
    Are you sure? I can't open another daily box for a video and i am very confused right now because it would be such an incredible add to the game. You can open another one just paying 10 kstars.
    Can you post a screenshot??

Julliette, I didn't have this feature either.
  • Nisha300Nisha300 Registered Users 347 Posts
    There was a hairstyle Kim should call you about a gig related to the movie there will be three gigs in total and on the last gig you should get the crowned hairstyle
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    You'll probably find info out in the 4.9 Update thread. That's where the posts about the crown are probably. I have some screenshots about Kim's call, I'll post them there shortly, and possibly merge this into that thread.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Magriatrix wrote: »
    I saw the new event when I was playing the game. I'm sure all of you dolls have seen it, too. It's the Huntsman: Winter's War. I'm really excited for the movie in real life. I saw the new fashions, too. All of it seems amazing, especially the dresses. Love it. I just wondered why they didn't give us a new hairstyle? There should've been a type of hairstyle with a queen's crown. But, the main thing I'm most excited about are the dresses/gowns. They're surprisingly cheap (mostly 50 K-Stars) for such a good look. I've got 225 K-Stars yet I still don't want the buy the outfits. I'm such a cheap person, lol. ;)

Ok, here are the screenshots. Kim calls, and tells you about the photoshoot with her in PopGlam Downtown LA.
    Hunstman_Winter1.jpg
    Hunstman_Winter2.jpg
    Hunstman_Winter3.jpg
    Hunstman_Winter4.jpg

Then the timer starts till the Pop Glam shoot is ready (I think 3 hours?) from that one, there is another call, about the 2nd. I'll see if I have those shots.

So, if you didn't get the call, first off what level are you? I'll try and see if there is a level minimum, but might not find out till tomorrow or so. Then as pointed out, She gives you the gift before the 3rd event starts (I think) I'll try and find out more, but if you didn't get this quest, let us know. Make sure it's not in your list of things to do.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    From the Support Pages -

[h=2]What are Luxe Goals?[/h] Luxe Goals are goals that give you rewards for doing what you already love in Kim Kardashian: Hollywood… shopping! Once in a while, you’ll receive a Luxe Goal which will show a reward for buying a specific item within a certain amount of time. Simply purchase that item within the allotted time and collect your rewards! What happens when the timer runs out?
    If you don’t purchase the Luxe Goal item within the time limit, that goal will simply go away. Later on, you’ll get another Luxe Goal, which will likely be for a different item.

So, I've passed on more than I've taken. And, I'll be honest, I bought the first thing, because in my update craze, I thought it was part of the quest for the Hair. Then I found out the crown/hair is totally different.

But, I bought a sweatshirt I will never wear, for 65 Stars. Got 20 back, but...that's 45 Stars I won't see again. lol. I want to go back and do the How We Style pic for that item now. But, later they showed me a 20 bracelet with 4 stars back, I liked it I said ok. This morning it hit me with the silver gown for 160 Stars, maybe 120, I don't know, but, with 18 stars back, it's no bargain. It is like those candy displays at the end of the supermarket checkout . They stick things there for a last minute impulse buy.

What bugs me most, are those PITA calls from our publicist. She is starting to sound like she's hooked on crack, and wants me to just keep buying and buying so she can get her cut and go out and score more drugs. Seriously, this woman is annoying me. You want to make us buy more things because you pop them up? That can easily drain a players resources....And that is a quick way to get them to walk away from the game.

Her phone calls don't encourage me to buy the items. It annoys me. This was a very bad move. Bring in the Luxe goals (what is the goal? The website mentions no larger goal) . I can buy it or not. But Maria's calls seem like we are NOT rich and Famous, only pretending to be, and if we need to keep up the farce we must buy this hoodie for 65Stars. I don't need a publicist who doesn't believe in me. I think this is the wrong message to send. Maybe this is the punishment for not going with Ryan's team the last time he offered.

I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    From the Support Pages -

[h=2]What are Luxe Goals?[/h] Luxe Goals are goals that give you rewards for doing what you already love in Kim Kardashian: Hollywood… shopping! Once in a while, you’ll receive a Luxe Goal which will show a reward for buying a specific item within a certain amount of time. Simply purchase that item within the allotted time and collect your rewards! What happens when the timer runs out?
    If you don’t purchase the Luxe Goal item within the time limit, that goal will simply go away. Later on, you’ll get another Luxe Goal, which will likely be for a different item.

So, I've passed on more than I've taken. And, I'll be honest, I bought the first thing, because in my update craze, I thought it was part of the quest for the Hair. Then I found out the crown/hair is totally different.

But, I bought a sweatshirt I will never wear, for 65 Stars. Got 20 back, but...that's 45 Stars I won't see again. lol. I want to go back and do the How We Style pic for that item now. But, later they showed me a 20 bracelet with 4 stars back, I liked it I said ok. This morning it hit me with the silver gown for 160 Stars, maybe 120, I don't know, but, with 18 stars back, it's no bargain. It is like those candy displays at the end of the supermarket checkout . They stick things there for a last minute impulse buy.

What bugs me most, are those PITA calls from our publicist. She is starting to sound like she's hooked on crack, and wants me to just keep buying and buying so she can get her cut and go out and score more drugs. Seriously, this woman is annoying me. You want to make us buy more things because you pop them up? That can easily drain a players resources....And that is a quick way to get them to walk away from the game.

Her phone calls don't encourage me to buy the items. It annoys me. This was a very bad move. Bring in the Luxe goals (what is the goal? The website mentions no larger goal) . I can buy it or not. But Maria's calls seem like we are NOT rich and Famous, only pretending to be, and if we need to keep up the farce we must buy this hoodie for 65Stars. I don't need a publicist who doesn't believe in me. I think this is the wrong message to send. Maybe this is the punishment for not going with Ryan's team the last time he offered.

Very well said. Wow, I didn't get back that many stars--1 star each for 2 pairs of rip-off-priced--and ugly--jeans, and 10 stars back for a 120-star purchase! This still stings. Badly. I also thought it was associated with something necessary to the Huntsman storyline. Now we know what it is. And what it isn't. Not happy to have been the biggest lesson here with this, but I'm glad if everyone can see exactly what's going on from what we've been able to tell.

Maria the crackhead, ha, that's funny.
  • KokoBelleKokoBelle Registered Users 73 Posts
    Hi guys! Long time no see. I have a question about The Huntsman quest.
    Do we get event points for completing it? So far I haven't even done the first job.
    And must I complete before the weekend ends to get the cool hair?
    Friend me on GC: :KokoBelle:
    Doll name: Coco Cox
    A+++ level 36
    From the Support Pages -

The word goal in gaming in general implies you are working towards something bigger. Luxe goals don't even have their own achievement.

"Glu's random sale!" Goal is indeed a trap. I've only bought 3 things since the update (hair I've been drooling over, got 5 stars back, ok...) the two other things were kash purchases, not kstar items (however I got stars for buying them)

If you haven't bought every kash item, you can get a few stars out of this eventually, the only positive in this I can see.

I do feel for the people who lost precious stars with this gimmick. I wish glu had put a better explanation (and inform no harm would come to your doll if you didn't buy it before timer!)

Last night, my community manager started this game - I had to explain everything to him. One of the first things I told him is ignore these goals when you get them.
    KokoBelle wrote: »
    Hi guys! Long time no see. I have a question about The Huntsman quest.
    Do we get event points for completing it? So far I haven't even done the first job.
    And must I complete before the weekend ends to get the cool hair?

The huntsman quest has nothing to do with this weekend event!

This week's quest is called "For Honor" "Top Cop (pick cop show)" and "Guest of Honor"
  • KokoBelleKokoBelle Registered Users 73 Posts
    Keem wrote: »
    The huntsman quest has nothing to do with this weekend event!

This week's quest is called "For Honor" "Top Cop (pick cop show)" and "Guest of Honor"

Thanks for the quick reply!
    Friend me on GC: :KokoBelle:
    Doll name: Coco Cox
    A+++ level 36
  • FrancescahillFrancescahill Registered Users 1,288 Posts
    I wanted a tropical location with a nice beach but
    Now I want VAIL COLORADO please glu!!!! That place is
    Amazing I went there a couple of years ago and it's dreamy!
  • hyerileehyerilee Registered Users 181 Posts
    I wanted a tropical location with a nice beach but
    Now I want VAIL COLORADO please glu!!!! That place is
    Amazing I went there a couple of years ago and it's dreamy!

Would be nice, I lived in Colorado for more than a year. And I can tell there is such a beautiful place
  • LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    Wow that's a great new addition!!! I wonder why they did not add it to all games, I for one did not get it...

image_zpsp0d38ldr.png
    hyerilee wrote: »
    I went to check it out, yeah it's true

1zzrmgy.png
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    Does anyone know if they added level 51 to this new update? I'm at 25% in level 50 and it's always so much fun levelling up!
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • LxtwnLxtwn Registered Users 56 Posts
    Regarding the luxe goals- I agree, they are deceiving us with the name. Also, Maria's call is super annoying. I think it would be best if the 'goal' pop-up. I've only bought 3 things (two with stars, one with cash), and the stars one were things that I really wanted. So I see it as buying with discount.
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    I easily ignore the luxe goals, no problem-o. I bought some Kash items I had wanted and got KStars so it's great. Would be good if during a VIP event, I get reward for KStar items I want to buy.
    PM to add
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Sorry for those who aren't feeling or did a 'wrong' purchase aiming something else with the luxe goals:(

I actually liked this new feature, I'm not an impulsive buyer so most of the times I can ignore that stuff, but I was able to buy Balmain pants with 20% off and get energy and xp for free so it doesn't look that bad to me.

Maria calls are annoying tough, Lxtwn I thought on something similar, instead of that call we could get an icon like the one of the daily gift boxes warning us about an offer it's just in!

Linda yup, they added level 51:)

Ok I'm kinda guilty for complain about 'Le Croix' (is that the right name?) gigs previously, cause they added scenes to it and the outcome was cool!

Currently I'm on a storyline that I have to hire a guy to take care of my website and app, they give us a choice between an experient guy (5k K$) and a newcomer (3k K$), I hired the experient cause he's more good looking in my game lol, yeah I'm those who judge the book by the cover:o
    X57qe10.gif
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    I've picked up a few things, one was a bracelet that went perfectly with what I was wearing, so that was easy, But honestly, Maria calls and ticks me off, then an item pops up for sale. I'm turned off by maria, I ignore the item. And, do Luxe goal items count toward VIP weekends?

Oh, I see Nai just mentioned that. But psychologically, the whole thing turns me off. I'm really becoming sick of Maria. I'm liking Willow more.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I've picked up a few things, one was a bracelet that went perfectly with what I was wearing, so that was easy, But honestly, Maria calls and ticks me off, then an item pops up for sale. I'm turned off by maria, I ignore the item. And, do Luxe goal items count toward VIP weekends?

Oh, I see Nai just mentioned that. But psychologically, the whole thing turns me off. I'm really becoming sick of Maria. I'm liking Willow more.

I feel completely blindsided and like an idiot. (Yeah, yeah, everyone knows already. And I'm not going to say anything else about it after this.) What a waste. My enthusiasm for the game has withered away enormously. After I got the earnable dress on Saturday, I finished the last part of the event storyline and shut the game down. Sunday I decided I'd like to have the hairstyle and it was a few parties within reach, so I went on the daily forced date with my husband and then threw an 8hr party, and after that...nothing. I didn't want to play anymore. And so I didn't. To h e l l with the hair. Today I got the date out of the way and am in the middle of the end of La Choix--siiiiickkkk! haha!--which I believe should be "Le," not "La," and I won't be playing anymore today after that. If there's something I want to buy then I will buy it, thank you very much; don't have some NPC call me and try to push me into getting something. I have many other games. I don't need the compulsion and near-addiction that comes along with this one. I have other things to occupy my life with. And I don't care to be made an example of, and I sure as sh*t don't want to be made into a shmu*k.

I guess I'll see how I feel in a couple of days. Oh well.

EDIT: Sorry, Koko, I didn't mean for this to be a reply to you, somehow instead of just making it a reply to the thread, I ended up making it a reply to you. Sorry!
  • lalaloveyoulalaloveyou Registered Users 122 Posts
    LindaVB wrote: »
    Wow that's a great new addition!!! I wonder why they did not add it to all games, I for one did not get it...

image_zpsp0d38ldr.png

Me either. :-(

Sorry if this question has already been asked/answered already, but do we know if this is platform-specific or anything? Or just totally random?

As far as the luxe goals...a discount is nice and all, but if I buy everything I want that pops up, I'll never make it to the next VIP with enough stars. It's annoying because it's tempting me to buy stuff NOW while it's cheaper, since I'm "going to want it someday anyway"....but I've decided that anything I want will probably show up again. I've started forcing myself to not even look at what the item is, close the pop-up, ignore it until it's gone. They seem to appear at random intervals though, unless there's some kind of pattern I haven't picked up on. Some days I get like, four. Some days, one.

I will totally welcome these during VIP weekends (and on those days, I had better get more than one). But if it's not a VIP weekend, then GTFO. I don't budget for this.
  • hyerileehyerilee Registered Users 181 Posts

Sorry if this question has already been asked/answered already, but do we know if this is platform-specific or anything? Or just totally random?

As far as the luxe goals...a discount is nice and all, but if I buy everything I want that pops up, I'll never make it to the next VIP with enough stars. It's annoying because it's tempting me to buy stuff NOW while it's cheaper, since I'm "going to want it someday anyway"....but I've decided that anything I want will probably show up again. I've started forcing myself to not even look at what the item is, close the pop-up, ignore it until it's gone. They seem to appear at random intervals though, unless there's some kind of pattern I haven't picked up on. Some days I get like, four. Some days, one.

I will totally welcome these during VIP weekends (and on those days, I had better get more than one). But if it's not a VIP weekend, then GTFO. I don't budget for this.

both platforms, I got this from my android acc, but I play in my main acc on iOS
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    I am able to collect 2 daily boxes on my android game but not on my iOS game.
    PM to add

I don't get the offer either....
    I feel completely blindsided and like an idiot. (Yeah, yeah, everyone knows already. And I'm not going to say anything else about it after this.) What a waste. My enthusiasm for the game has withered away enormously. After I got the earnable dress on Saturday, I finished the last part of the event storyline and shut the game down. Sunday I decided I'd like to have the hairstyle and it was a few parties within reach, so I went on the daily forced date with my husband and then threw an 8hr party, and after that...nothing. I didn't want to play anymore. And so I didn't. To h e l l with the hair. Today I got the date out of the way and am in the middle of the end of La Choix--siiiiickkkk! haha!--which I believe should be "Le," not "La," and I won't be playing anymore today after that. If there's something I want to buy then I will buy it, thank you very much; don't have some NPC call me and try to push me into getting something. I have many other games. I don't need the compulsion and near-addiction that comes along with this one. I have other things to occupy my life with. And I don't care to be made an example of, and I sure as sh*t don't want to be made into a shmu*k.

I guess I'll see how I feel in a couple of days. Oh well.

EDIT: Sorry, Koko, I didn't mean for this to be a reply to you, somehow instead of just making it a reply to the thread, I ended up making it a reply to you. Sorry!

No worries. You were talking about something I'd touched on. I understood. I am sorry you're walking away, I haven't played many other games, but this is just so punishing at times. On one hand......free hair and crown! But, while it's being nice on one end, the corner of my screen freaking insults me. Maria...stfu. Her comments seriously make me feel like I'm some dog in a dog show and she is my handler. I want to fire her so much its not funny. Fire her? Nah. The Harley Mama in me wants to wipe the bug carcasses off the windshield with that mop of hair of hers. I want to hit her apartment and cut all the heads off her stuffed animals.

I did a little checking on this Maria chick. Found an old mugshot of hers. Don't let the blonde dye job fool you, take a look at those brown roots. Maria the publicist is actually Fingers Jadrone, the pickpocket queen of Astoria. She moved to LA and has a rap sheet as long as your arm. Now, she better sit down and shut up, or I say we expose her to all her clients and run her out of Hollywood.

Maria.jpg

ETA: If Maria was fashioned after a real person by the developers, no offense to the real person, but you're not doing any favors by turning her into a thorn in our sides. Have her say "Oh Koko, I saw this on Rodeo Drive and thought you'd love it." or "Oh Koko, this would look wonderful on you" don't tell me I have to keep up the farce.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • JullietteJulliette Registered Users 527 Posts
    Now with the Luxe Goals, in the next update it would be very cool to be able to buy also the items from the wardrobe boxes. I play this game almost since the beginning and i still have some great items i grind to win, but never had and i am pretty sure never will, and is too bad.
    :o iOS GC ID julliette24 ;)