Updated: Don't uninstall or transfer your game before reading this

Comments

• kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    I'm sorry you hit a brick wall. I don't understand how some transfer and some don't. We're all sending good thoughts. Hey, we're expecting an update next week. Maybe if you aren't over to the new device by then, you should wipe it off the new device again, and remove the game everything, then take the new update like it was the first time? I'm so grasping at straws. But my mind just keeps trying dopey things. As a result, when it finally works I've done so many things, I don' know what triggered it.

But, maybe when you next post, you'll tell us it's all fixed. :) Just in time for April Fools change you appearance Day. lol.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    ๐Ÿฆ‹Purple Headed โ™Š+ ๐Ÿฅฅ Chick Playing iOS & Android ๐Ÿฆ‹
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐ŸŒŸIf you want my attention please send a dm
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • katiecatkatiecat Registered Users 102 Posts
    Vats wrote: ยป
    Katie, today Helena is showing up with her regular look after few days looking as a new player, so does the transfer worked?

Sadly no. I just wiped the new game as part of the transfer effort while Nai is so wonderfully helping me. There must be some way to make it work and I'll find it eventually, even if it takes forever. Thankfully I don't have a lot to do Saturday so I can stay by Wi-Fi and grind away.

Btw koko I'm loving your Willow look in game haha.
    Daily Android player. Wants all the friends.
    Doll: Helena (shows up as Katie).

Currently trying to transfer my game.
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Omg Katie, Helena recovered and is back! Yay and it's all thanks to Nai for helping you out with her tech savvy ways! :)
    4WUxns.png
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) โžก the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvmโ˜บ

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

I'm glad she's showing up for you guys, but she still lives on my old phone. I still haven't managed to get her on my new phone. :( But I'm going to try to make it to a Verizon store tomorrow to beg for some help.

• Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    I'm glad she's showing up for you guys, but she still lives on my old phone. I still haven't managed to get her on my new phone. :( But I'm going to try to make it to a Verizon store tomorrow to beg for some help.

Oh bummer :(

I thought that the transfer worked smoothly for you. Don't give up. Just keep trying.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) โžก the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvmโ˜บ

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• ValelaValela Registered Users 11 Posts
    i am deeply for my posts many apologies, but things should clarify my question, above the problem i am very clear. I don't want explain more particulars, just worse thing, couldn't know that my message mean ?

I only said, cited a problem, solve it. Nor is constantly problem of me said for customer again, I know i speak English poorly, but generally mean can understand .
    I must have posted each time a response asking you to contact customer care. You said you did, I said then you must work it out with them. When I couldn't understand you but saw you post in a different language, I asked if you wanted to post in that language, and we would try to get a better translater for you, you said, no you wanted to post in English. I ask questions, you do not answer. I can not continue to post this info over and over If I deleted all your false starts, you'd be back on moderation. I am not angry, I am frustrated. Contact customer care. I asked you to post their response, because maybe they're not understanding you either.

You did not. You have not done anything I asked, trying to help you. Please work this out with customer care. They are staff, this forum is not an extension of Help and support, it's a community forum for members to gather. We try and offer help, and i have been suggesting you contact customer care for weeks to you. That is your option. I hope you work it out with them.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Sure, Administrators may not understood the other answers, also I had talked about status with the customer narrated influences at early, then above about, i understand too. to clarity my post from contact customer nearly two months, content tells from customer i already know, to spoken method from customer, must post on the community forum , solve devices my game profile, i also reveal particulars else, and as customer to closed clients conversation; i knows another and i speak other language, not necessarily is the correct requestion, quite English is Correct intact
    Whatever, on customer narrate the other side again, explains to community forum seek
    If you're not uncormfortable putting screenshots on the open forum, I understand, although you don't have to include any private info, but believe me, as much as you might think you're speaking clearly in English, I have to tell this is not the case. I think you said you contacted Customer Care again? If so I hope they can help you. But to be honest, if I was looking for help on a forum, I'd try to be understood. You've posted in a bunch of different threads, I don't even know where to look to try and figure out what you're looking for, but I've been trying to help to no avail for over a month. Are you even asking for help from the forum? Good luck, and I hope Customer Care can answer your issue.

But, if you're still needing help from the forum, I would strongly suggest you either get a native English speaking person to help you explain your issue here in English, the language of the board, OR, you have permission to post your problem in your native tongue (is it French?) and we'll try to get someone here help translate, at least to the point where I know what you're saying. Here's all I have -
    • I think maybe you're trying to retrieve a game on a new device?
    • And you spoke to customer care who said something but couldn't help.
    • And you came here to speak to someone from a technical aspect

That's not very much to be guessing at after a month. I really hope you did contact Customer Care again, I hope even more they can help you. Good luck. or Bon Chance. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • daffodildaffodil Registered Users 603 Posts
    Koko you seem to know pretty much everything so I hope you (or someone else) can help me :)

I've been playing on my Samsung phone for a few months. I downloaded the game on my phone but transferred it to my SD card a couple weeks ago. I just bought a Samsung tablet and want to play the same game on both devices. Could I potentially move the SD card to my tablet, download the game, and play my current game there? And then maybe switch back to my phone every now and then by moving the SD card? I hope it makes sense.
    I'm logged into the same Google account on both devices, if that makes any difference.

Thank you in advance!
    hackers can burn in hell
  • LizardLizard Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 27 Posts
    I got a new tablet today, won't transfer :(
    Pics, pics, pics.
    oh no. Ok. it's Android I guess. :( did you follow these instructions?

If it's Apple.... I'd be suggesting you contact Apple Support instant chat from a desktop, and they'll help you out.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Android. Thanks. I'm gonna try this :)
    Pics, pics, pics.
    Ok be very careful. :) GOod luck.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    On the old device, you are set to save to the google Servers? And you set up the new device with the same google info as the old one?

I'll check back in the morning. I'm really sorry this isn't working for you. Are you ok playing 2 games? Only thing is, if they're both using the same google account, then you could wake up one morning to one of them just being gone I'm afraid. But if you're ok with playing 2 games, I'd set up a whole 2nd google ID, and start the new game that way. But, as long as you have the old game working, it doesn't hurt anything to keep trying to bring it over.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Laralu529Laralu529 Registered Users 166 Posts
    Hello! My phone it's not working quite well, so I've been told do a full wipe on it. Is there any way that I can back up game files so I don't lose my progress? If so, wich files?
    Call me Lu :)
    Android player

Add me on FB
    Valela, I deleted your post, the link went nowhere and the post was useless without it. Customer care sent you here? We can't help. I must have said this quite a few times. You don't want to post what Customer Care told you, so that doesn't help me. But I have a feeling that they were as lost as I am, and wanted you to go elsewhere. BUT you said it was technical? That means Customer Care is the place to address your issue.

We can not help you in this forum. I'm very sorry, but that's the truth. We can't help. This has been going on for a month, and it's ridiculous at this point. And if the issue is your game isn't transferring, apparently some do, some don't We are unable to help in this respect.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Koko you seem to know pretty much everything so I hope you (or someone else) can help me :)

I've been playing on my Samsung phone for a few months. I downloaded the game on my phone but transferred it to my SD card a couple weeks ago. I just bought a Samsung tablet and want to play the same game on both devices. Could I potentially move the SD card to my tablet, download the game, and play my current game there? And then maybe switch back to my phone every now and then by moving the SD card? I hope it makes sense.
    I'm logged into the same Google account on both devices, if that makes any difference.

Thank you in advance!

Hi, I'm sorry I missed this. It seems like it would work, have you tried? But I transfered Android twice, and iOS twice and it was done without moving any cards. I just set up the new device with the same google info (for Android) downloaded the game onto the new device and the first time it wanted me to customize a new doll. I shut down, ran around the house in disbelief, calmed down and opened the game again on the new device. The 2nd time a little box popped up, with 2 sets of Data, Device A, and Device B. One set of data was obv from the new game I had just started (Beginning Level, 24 energy, starting xp, cash etc.) and Device B was my old game (Higher Level, energy, all my cash, xp) so naturally I chose Device B. Then it loads while you hold your breath and voila......my game was transfered and intact.

Each time I transferred it was the same. I'd freak, shut down and then reopen. So if the SD card is already out, I hope it worked your way. If that doesn't work, look here, and see if this helps.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    160416040359330621.png
    This means did for me .
    Ok, so if you kept trying this technique (I'm thinking you're Android) this is how I transferred 2 games to 2 new devices. If this doesn't work, I'm sorry but there is no magic way to get it transferred. These are the instructions I used, it works for some people, and not for others.

So, you can keep trying, or take Customer Care's advice and either play on the old device, or start a new game on the new device.

( If by some chance you're iOS try these instructions. They are just like the Android instructions, with necessary changes for the platform. And if that doesn't work, contact Apple Support through Instant Chat and they will help you out.)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    EDIT : My game successfully transferred :o Thank you for your help :D
    Pics, pics, pics.
    I am so happy to hear it transferred. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Tarabella08Tarabella08 Registered Users 465 Posts
    Hi! I'm trying to transfer a game to a new device, but I'm having issues figuring out if the game on the old device is connected to google play. I read the FAQ's and it says:

2.) (on device 1) Make sure you're signed-in to Google Play inside the game (in the game's main screen, game controller icon.)

I don't know what the game controller icon is ๐Ÿ˜ฌ If it's the little button on the top left hand corner, where do I go after that? I'm so sorry if this has already been answered and I'm just not seeing it. I'm not very tech savvy (obviously) :)
    GC: tarabella08
    Feel free to add me! I love playing with new friends :)
    XoXo
    hi. on your contact screen tabs (to the left of the hanger (wardrobe) icon on the bottom right of your screen, you have 4 tabs across the top, All Contacts/Friends Only/VIP/ green controller. I'll do screenshot for it tomorrow morning if you still need it.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • CchairccCchaircc Registered Users 284 Posts
    Is anyone struggling after the most recent update with their iCloud saving the game?! I'm trying to switch devices but the game won't prompt for me to load my iCloud game
    Ok, can you do an IM Chat with Apple Support? They'll be able to tell you if you have a current save and how to load it. But, we have heard there are a few instances of the games not saving. If Apple can't help, please post your game info in the glitch thread and we'll try to address this. Either way, let us know what happens with Apple Support. As iOS, we have the advantage of being able to go to Apple for support as well, and after all they are called Geniuses. I just like the immediate response and help from the IM chat. THey transfered my game back in January, and recently I've been suggestng Apple Support, and it's worked out for others. Good luck.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • CchairccCchaircc Registered Users 284 Posts
    Will do!! Thanks KoKo!
    Also, a number of people have reported save issues, and Glu is looking into this. If anyone has these problems please post in the 5.0 Update Bug Thread
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Popping back in to say my game ALMOST transferred. I hadn't played on my old phone for about a week and when I did the whole spiel on my new phone it started up with a game save from a few months ago! Of course I want my current game so I'm going to try to duplicate the process after doing some random Simon quests. Fingers crossed I have it by the end of the month... it's only been since March
    :( But at least I know it can happen? Fingers crossed!