v5 Update Bugs- Android Crashes + Throwback event bugs

Comments

• Cordelia89Cordelia89 Registered Users 86 Posts
    I'm an IOS (IPad - 9.3.1) player and I've noticed a bug where if we invite more than one person in our reality show, the other three "breakup" with you. When that happens, we have to pay a whole bunch of k-stars to charm them. I'm hoping Glu can get that and that we don't have to "charm" them to be able to play with them again. These were all GC friends.

IOS / 9.3.1/ IPad / Level 30/ Female.
    Add me on GC: mirabella891025! Would love to play with all you lovelies! ^_^
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Hi Cordelia, now this has me very scared. Which locations is this happening in? Was it working ok, and suddenly stopped working right. This has me stupified. I put a bold heading over your post, so Glu can see it easily if I'm not able to personally let them know first. Is this happening to anyone else? Any more info would be really helpful. I've been shooting in Downtown, LA, Malibu and Calabasas, and I've been inviting as many guests as open spaces with no issues. I'm very sorry this is happening.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    I have the same issues as Vats, each time I open my game I am disconnected from G+.

After this update, my game no longer uses the Gamer ID.
    PM to add
  • SassyVoguetteSassyVoguette Registered Users 1,510 Posts
    Regarding the throwback disappearing Glu wants us to be aware that:

They're already aware of this unlikely but possible case:
    - A player updates to v500
    - A player gets a Throwback Event
    - A player is or becomes higher on the Top Stars list than all NPCs and is offered a Comeback
    - Player takes the Comeback and gets their fame reset to 0
    - The player's Throwback Event will seem to disappear

Please know that this is an unexpected combination and not a bug.
    Luckily, the Throwback Event is just missing for that moment and will come back again at its appropriate spot as soon as the player gains just a little fame.

If you get this problem, please continue to play and get just a few more fans until the Throwback Event reappears. You should not have lost any progress in that throwback event (just a short time, unfortunately).

Hope this helps. :)

Ugggh, I just did that! I'm so stupid...... In the middle of an 8hr gig! And now all to the wind ughhhhh...
    Vats has my heart. Forever. 💕

iOS
    07/2014 
    The sale on K-Stars missing for some players is also not a bug.
    If a player meets certain criteria, they are offered that temporary sale. Players who don't meet that criteria will not be offered it.

If a player doesn't get the sale now, don't worry. They should keep playing and they may eventually meet the criteria for that sale, and we will likely offer other K-Stars discounts in the future for all players.

We will be fixing the Sydney yacht entrance swap in the next version.

The other bugs are being worked on now, and I'll post further info as it comes.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Cordelia, can I ask that you don't quote other people's posts from other subforums in this case. We're asking for a brief outline of the problem along with you game details. I appreciate your help, but that stays in General Discussion. Game details help the team identify patterns, and this just muddies the waters, if you know what I mean. But you're issue has been noted. :)

ETA: Thanks Cordelia, I went over there and told anyone with this issue to come post their details. :)

In the Meantime: Let's all use throwaway NPCs , the funny looking ones we don't care for. DOn't use your friends.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • SpleenSpleen Registered Users 321 Posts
    Android 5.0.1 - Huawei P8 Lite - Level 31 - Female

Two GC friends just broke up with me even tho I finished the event with 5 stars... :(
    I would invite NPCs if they were showing up but I can't even invite them when I do the 3hours event in Calabasas.

edit : oups sorry for that... Actually the second issue is ok now so the only problem is GC friends breaking up (I'm not inviting them anymore, I've learned my lesson)
    And I think I already included all informations needed :s

Vats Can't trigger the Celebrity Perks without crashing. Nai has other issues. WHen you post you HAVE to identify what your issue is. No one is going back to see what other people are dealing with. Also, Please include

Platform / OS Version/ Device / Level/ Gender too. THanks.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    My Google friends broke up with my doll professionally and I scored 5 stars on the last two episodes of my doll's reality show. Please fix this glitch Glu.

Android / 4.4.2 / Samsung Galaxy tab 4 / Level 26/ female
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

Crash entering Dubai home = Should be fixed for Android players now
    - Missing backgrounds and/or crash in Photobooth = Should be fixed for Android players now
    - Blue star/speech bubble to charm contacts does not appear when you invite them to co-star = Should be fixed for all players now

We continue to fix the rest now :)

Edit: Just saw the Friend thing has hit Android too. My best advice continues.....if you can do NPCs do them, and if you can't then just don't invite anyone. I feel bad for the new contacts I just started working with. But I think I have to break up with myself again. One for each game if it happens. If you pay the ransom, what's to say it won't just call up again and break up? And, that's my advice....NPCs or no one. and don't pay ransom till this whole thing is sorted out. ok?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • mindybunnymindybunny Registered Users 159 Posts
    I had just finished a reality show at my Calabasas mansion with 5 stars. Immediately after exiting the house, 3 of the 4 friends I had invited broke up with me. This is surely a glitch?
    GC: redsoxxygal
    mindybunny wrote: »
    I had just finished a reality show at my Calabasas mansion with 5 stars. Immediately after exiting the house, 3 of the 4 friends I had invited broke up with me. This is surely a glitch?

The team knows about this, it is happening across both Android and iOS platforms. Watch this thread for more info, and we've been suggesting to just work with NPCs till this is resolved. It's pretty widespread. I've merged your posts in with the Update Glitch and bug report. Sorry you've been affected with this as well.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Mani86Mani86 Registered Users 237 Posts
    So what do we do when our friends call us after the reality show, Koko? Breakup with them or "save" the relationship hoping Glu will compensate us with stars if we get screenshots?
  • RubyAmazedRubyAmazed Registered Users 111 Posts
    Any hope for players who have lost their Throwback Event? I know people keep saying the "get more followers" thing, but I did NOT take a comeback, I'm still level 28. My event has come and gone 3 times. Will we get the chance to "catch up" and get more time? I was only barely able to get the first box, and have wasted 3 gigs where I didn't get any event points because the event disappered in the middle.
    iOS
    Ruby » level 35 A+++
  • sisipiesisipie Registered Users 9 Posts
    The sale on K-Stars missing for some players is also not a bug.
    If a player meets certain criteria, they are offered that temporary sale. Players who don't meet that criteria will not be offered it.

If a player doesn't get the sale now, don't worry. They should keep playing and they may eventually meet the criteria for that sale, and we will likely offer other K-Stars discounts in the future for all players.

Is there any more information on what this criteria is? It's frustrating enough that it's not being offered to me, but to be given such a vague explanation (I know it's coming from Glu - totally not blaming you!) makes it worse.
  • kateliciouslykateliciously Registered Users 422 Posts
    RubyAmazed wrote: »
    Any hope for players who have lost their Throwback Event? I know people keep saying the "get more followers" thing, but I did NOT take a comeback, I'm still level 28. My event has come and gone 3 times. Will we get the chance to "catch up" and get more time? I was only barely able to get the first box, and have wasted 3 gigs where I didn't get any event points because the event disappered in the middle.

I hope hey'll find a solution soon. For me it didn't even come back. The event showed up for me I did 3 gigs and got no event points and then I saw that I couldnt see the event banner anymore :/
    I mentioned before, I'm taking screenshots of the breakups, and I'm breaking up when they call. When all the fixes are out, I'll try to get some idea of what to do. I don't want to pay 43 Stars to make up with someone, if the chance exists that I'll get another call to break up. I honestly don't remember if I used the same people more than once, and I'd hate to pay the make up fee, and then get another call from the same game.

This is just my personal feelings about it. I'll probably end up paying to get them back, I just want to wait till it all dies down and we get an answer about this issue. ;)

I'm going to go read anything else that happened, and be back with info when it becomes available. Thanks for your patience, I know we'll get it all sorted out.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Crash entering Dubai home = Should be fixed for Android players now
    - Missing backgrounds and/or crash in Photobooth = Should be fixed for Android players now
    - Blue star/speech bubble to charm contacts does not appear when you invite them to co-star = Should be fixed for all players now

We continue to fix the rest now :)

Yep, all that is working again! Thanks Glu and Koko. Waiting for the rest!

Sorry to all those who are loosing their friends, hope they fix that to you guys!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • unique123unique123 Registered Users 291 Posts
    RubyAmazed wrote: »

I am also having issues with my throwback event disappearing. I have not started a comeback - not even eligible for one yet. I am at 380 points and the throwback shows up but when I start to do a professional gig my event disappears and I get zero event stars for completing it with 5 stars and no star for inviting a friend. As soon as the gig is completed my throwback event comes back with with no progress made. Still at 380 points. Very frustrating as I've done multiple gigs now where I should be close to being done but I'm not being rewarded for it. Grrrr :(

*ANDROID player - PM me to add!
    Hi. Glu is aware of these issues and they're working on them. I'm so sorry some people aren't getting the event. This is the first time there's been a throwback event instead of the sale so naturally they'd be some bugs. As soon as we know anything I'll post it here. All I can suggest screenshot your issues so if you have to submit a ticket to customer care you'll have the details right in front of you.

I'll try and see if there's any further info.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    Just noticed the locations on the travel menu in New York have been swapped too.

My game freezes now while tapping, I think it's because of constant signing-in and out of Google Play Games. What's weird is it says sign-in, but the green controller tab indicates it's already connected...

iTYaLWP.png

And when I try to invite NPCs to co-star on my show, they do not appear on the list.
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    I'm so sad that the throwback event disappeared from my new game.:( I was offered the opportunity to start my new doll's 1st comeback and my new doll only has 1 throwback item.:(
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Mani86Mani86 Registered Users 237 Posts
    I mentioned before, I'm taking screenshots of the breakups, and I'm breaking up when they call. When all the fixes are out, I'll try to get some idea of what to do. I don't want to pay 43 Stars to make up with someone, if the chance exists that I'll get another call to break up. I honestly don't remember if I used the same people more than once, and I'd hate to pay the make up fee, and then get another call from the same game.

This is just my personal feelings about it. I'll probably end up paying to get them back, I just want to wait till it all dies down and we get an answer about this issue. ;)

I'm going to go read anything else that happened, and be back with info when it becomes available. Thanks for your patience, I know we'll get it all sorted out.

So if we don't pay our friends, we still have the possibility to do this later on? Will Glu compensate us then? I want to be able to use my gc friends for parties and gigs later on, not have them all "broken up" with me. I just started adding people to my game, so I don't know how it all works just yet. (I gifted a few friends and we had a non-professional relationships instead. Learned that the hard way. lol)
    Yes. You can go back tomorrow, next week or next month, pay the ransom and you're back WHERE you left off with them. That's why I'm suggesting no one pay the make up fee till we have confirmation the breaking up is fixed, and see what Glu advises about this issue.

I don't know any details, or if we'll be compensated. But I'll let you know what I hear, and what's suggested. They do try to be fair about this, so, keep track and hang in there.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Twylyght MystTwylyght Myst Registered Users 130 Posts
    Sadly, I got the event however My game crashed and the icon disappeared!!!! I had to re-install the game only to find I lost everything!! Even though my game saves to the cloud there was no option to use the games save, which it did previously when I transferred to my new iPad. It wants me to start from the very beginning....

I was a level 33 and I really don't want to restart if I don't get all my stars back I spent money on....I know in stardom if you restart it automatically gives you all the star you bought through the game but not so sure about KKH
    Game Center: Twylyght Myst
    Britney Spears: 86D94L7R

Daily KKH, K&K, & BS:AD player

Gordon Ramsey Dash player
  • TwiztidroseTwiztidrose Registered Users 423 Posts
    My Kindle game also has the issue of the disappearing event. It's there as long as I'm not in a gig. As soon as I start a gig of any kind it disappears. So I haven't been able to get any points. :/

Also NPCS (GC's too actually) disappear after using them. So eventually you don't have ANYONE to call to a reality show gig.

Kindle
    Lvl 31
    Female
    Liv Moore is my KKH doll.
    Trixie is my K&K doll. Add me!
    Shoot me a request on Game Center: TwiztidRose
    Let's be friends!! :cool: :D
    Sadly, I got the event however My game crashed and the icon disappeared!!!! I had to re-install the game only to find I lost everything!! Even though my game saves to the cloud there was no option to use the games save, which it did previously when I transferred to my new iPad. It wants me to start from the very beginning....

I was a level 33 and I really don't want to restart if I don't get all my stars back I spent money on....I know in stardom if you restart it automatically gives you all the star you bought through the game but not so sure about KKH

Oh no Twy!! I know you can hit restore special purchases. But still, you should be able to reload your game. I'm so sorry honey!!!! :(
  • Twylyght MystTwylyght Myst Registered Users 130 Posts
    Oh no Twy!! I know you can hit restore special purchases. But still, you should be able to reload your game. I'm so sorry honey!!!! :(

:( I tried to restore special purchases and nothing!!!! It won't restore anything. Oh and it has me in my contact as a friend... How is that even possible that I am friends with myself?? Doll looks exactly the same, I change clothes and it changes too... Best part I haven't bought any homes or bought stuff for the apartment and it just completed the treat your self goal up to level 5.... Ugh that is not right at all it should be at 0 percent level 1 but I am at level 5...

Ugh I lost my plane, my houses, all the clothes and stuff I got from events and gift boxes so very unhappy at the moment... And I've been playing for over a year too :(
    Game Center: Twylyght Myst
    Britney Spears: 86D94L7R

Daily KKH, K&K, & BS:AD player

Gordon Ramsey Dash player
    :( I tried to restore special purchases and nothing!!!! It won't restore anything. Oh and it has me in my contact as a friend... How is that even possible that I am friends with myself?? Doll looks exactly the same, I change clothes and it changes too... Best part I haven't bought any homes or bought stuff for the apartment and it just completed the treat your self goal up to level 5.... Ugh that is not right at all it should be at 0 percent level 1 but I am at level 5...

Ugh I lost my plane, my houses, all the clothes and stuff I got from events and gift boxes so very unhappy at the moment... And I've been playing for over a year too :(

I'm so sorry! It's happened to me too, but I wasn't as high a lvl, and wasn't playing as long. I would contact GLU and even Apple for help. Your saved game has got to be there somewhere. It sounds like it's all screwy!! Hopefully they are able to find out what's going on with it and you get your game back. GL!
  • LarinexLarinex Registered Users 103 Posts
    SO update for facebook just happened and there is no throwback event :(
    This is just so unfair