Suggestion: create an official archive of event items

BrianneBrianne Registered Users 144 Posts
I don't know about you guys, but I find it pretty frustrating to have to go through old event threads to figure out when an item was available. Yeah, there is the "show off your exclusives" thread, but that's fairly cluttered with chatter and pictures of individual dolls wearing certain items so it's difficult to find exactly what you're looking for.

What I suggest is an official "sticky" post solely dedicated to documenting events and the items available during them. Ideally, one person would run the thread, and would update it each time we have an event with the date and screenshots of the items available. That way, no one has to dig through old posts or ask other players (who may or may not remember anyway) when something was available.

Just a thought. I know it's hard to keep things like this updated, as we all have busy lives outside of KKH, but I feel like it would definitely help. C:
add me on iOS Gamecenter: 3rianne
My doll's name is Aria Hawke. 🌸

Comments

• ChicCharlotteChicCharlotte Registered Users 571 Posts
    Began an iOS game and need friends!
    Also deleted old Facebook account. Please refriend me if you play iOS.
    https://facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009525168362
  • BrianneBrianne Registered Users 144 Posts

That's actually the thread I was referring to! Haha, as I said, it's a bit cluttered and not solely dedicated to archiving past events. It's kind of a combination of "hey, look what i managed to snag!!" and "so this is what's up for grabs." :-)
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    I enlisted others help in culling that, but other fires popped up. If you'd like to work on putting it together, pm me. A number of long time members have done their best with this, and I want to incorporate everyone's efforts. So, if you'd like to help, please pm me, and when the glitches and things have died down, I'll put you all together.

You have no idea how much I and the forum will appreciate this. ;) It's been my dream for like....forever.

So, for right now, if you want to talk I'll leave this open, but if it starts to smell like Deja Vu of the bad kind, I'll just close it till We put the people together.

For example - There's a pretty good list of events, but....someone needs to also pull the links for those events. And the links go in the posts with the clothes. It can't be done by one person. :)

Thats not aimed at you, but on an open forum, you never know what will start things. :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    I don't mind doing, I had always wanted such a thread. There needs to be a lot of digging up since not all of us played from the beginning/ has the pictures. Especially pictures for the guys event.
    PM to add
  • ChicCharlotteChicCharlotte Registered Users 571 Posts
    Brianne wrote: »
    That's actually the thread I was referring to! Haha, as I said, it's a bit cluttered and not solely dedicated to archiving past events. It's kind of a combination of "hey, look what i managed to snag!!" and "so this is what's up for grabs." :-)

Sorry! I'm so distracted waiting for the v5 update for the KindleFire! It's killing me missing the Throwback Event and checking (over and over again) for the update. I need to read posts more carefully.
    Began an iOS game and need friends!
    Also deleted old Facebook account. Please refriend me if you play iOS.
    https://facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009525168362
    I enlisted others help in culling that, but other fires popped up. If you'd like to work on putting it together, pm me. A number of long time members have done their best with this, and I want to incorporate everyone's efforts. So, if you'd like to help, please pm me, and when the glitches and things have died down, I'll put you all together.

You have no idea how much I and the forum will appreciate this. ;) It's been my dream for like....forever.

So, for right now, if you want to talk I'll leave this open, but if it starts to smell like Deja Vu of the bad kind, I'll just close it till We put the people together.

For example - There's a pretty good list of events, but....someone needs to also pull the links for those events. And the links go in the posts with the clothes. It can't be done by one person. :)

Thats not aimed at you, but on an open forum, you never know what will start things. :)

I don't know how big of a help I could be, but I'd definitely love to participate in helping put such a valuable resource together!! And yeah, that last bit is so true. Hahaha! I'll pm you in a bit.
    Sorry! I'm so distracted waiting for the v5 update for the KindleFire! It's killing me missing the Throwback Event and checking (over and over again) for the update. I need to read posts more carefully.

I understand!! I really feel for you Kindle players. Hopefully Glu does something for y'all to make up for the lost time.
    Naimonster wrote: »
    I don't mind doing, I had always wanted such a thread. There needs to be a lot of digging up since not all of us played from the beginning/ has the pictures. Especially pictures for the guys event.

Yeah, this is making me wish I had saved pics from the early days. But anything left of that game (and iPad, actually) is long gone.
    Ok, I know Charlotte Augustin wanted to help, so we've got Brianne, CharlotteA, Nai wants to help. Anyone else? I know QueenCookie has been active in the thread listed earlier.

But we have to make sure, we're all on the same page. No member pics of them wearing the clothes, Just the official Placards (for lack of a better term) showing what each week Earner and GiftBox items are.

I'm thinking one post will include everything for that weekend: all the clothes, A link to the event thread, a link to the fashion thread for that event if there is one.

Anything else?
    If you get the pics up in chronological order, I can help and go back in and add any missing links.
    Do you want to add little Narratives about each event? I'm just tossing out suggestions, I'm hoping someone else will be project manager on this one. :)

I can't tell you how thrilled I am that you guys want to make this happen. It was always in the big scheme of things, and there was just never enough time. So, if you want to get together by PM or here, it's fine. Just keep me in the loop, and I'll help out wherever I can. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    I'd want to mention any glitches that happened during the event as well. Like iOS not getting the event, android not getting event points etc. I mean just for info.
    PM to add
    Ok, I know Charlotte Augustin wanted to help, so we've got Brianne, CharlotteA, Nai wants to help. Anyone else? I know QueenCookie has been active in the thread listed earlier.

But we have to make sure, we're all on the same page. No member pics of them wearing the clothes, Just the official Placards (for lack of a better term) showing what each week Earner and GiftBox items are.

I'm thinking one post will include everything for that weekend: all the clothes, A link to the event thread, a link to the fashion thread for that event if there is one.

Anything else?
    If you get the pics up in chronological order, I can help and go back in and add any missing links.
    Do you want to add little Narratives about each event? I'm just tossing out suggestions, I'm hoping someone else will be project manager on this one. :)

I can't tell you how thrilled I am that you guys want to make this happen. It was always in the big scheme of things, and there was just never enough time. So, if you want to get together by PM or here, it's fine. Just keep me in the loop, and I'll help out wherever I can. :)

I'm so excited about this!! I was thinking that maybe one of us should try to contact the KKH dev team at Glu. Maybe, just maybe they'll still have images of all the placards saved somewhere in their files? It may or may not yield anything, but it's definitely worth a shot, imo. We may as well try before we start scouring the internet for them.
    Brianne wrote: »
    I'm so excited about this!! I was thinking that maybe one of us should try to contact the KKH dev team at Glu. Maybe, just maybe they'll still have images of all the placards saved somewhere in their files? It may or may not yield anything, but it's definitely worth a shot, imo. We may as well try before we start scouring the internet for them.

This is a terrible idea in my opinion. We can get all the images without contacting them, and I don't think it would be productive. They're busy fixing glitches, and providing content. If we want to make a thread, believe me, it's up to us. THey don't need it. We want it. If they did, they'd have put it in FAQs.

The info is all right here.
    We need someone to volunteer to be the go to person on this. They'll give the volunteers things to do, and coordinate the gathered info. But believe me, between this forum and the internet, we have everything we need. If this is a problem, then let's skrap it here, and the next time someone says "We need an all inclusive thread about the event clothes" my response would be....that's a great idea. Go do it.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    First off, I really apologize for my harsh tone. I was just a little startled.

I thought a big part of this wasn't just the pics, but what Big Things were happening. in the game, at that time. That week in the game so to speak in a little nutshell. So, by picking up the pictures, you grab a little glimpse. An Encyclopedia isn't just pictures.

As far as Glu (and you said the Dev team - that's like sending Einstein for coffee) goes, 2 points of thought.

In the past, Glu has been impressed by what we as a forum would get together and do. So maybe, if we put together this big thing that's more than just posting pictures of our dolls, that could become a valuable reference. I don't know, team spirit and all that stuff.

But if anyone would like to take it upon themselves and request materials from Glu, hey. I've been wrong before, I'll be wrong again. But I'm also right a lot.

As far as forums go. Unless you are 'just a forum' a forum is to a bigger Site an attractive nuisance. (Like a swimming pool great but troublesome). They've given us a special place to make friends and celebrate with gifts (and look the other way) A section for Support, and then a General Discussion- a real attractive nuisance. Do we want Glu to take time out of customer care, which we all complain is slow, to send us this stuff so we can find out when a dress came out? I thought if we want this info, we can find it. and the great thing about looking for things....you come across so much more.
    So, I thought it was a waste of Glu resources to us, and just said what came flying out of this big Irish Yap.

Again I'm very sorry my harsh tone. So, if someone wants to organize something, if you need my help, I'll help where I can. :)holding_a_tulip_hd_picture_166831.jpg
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    First off, I really apologize for my harsh tone. I was just a little startled. Allow me a minute to explain what I meant. gimme a minute.

No need! I see where you're coming from. Alright, scratch that thought. :^)
    I started a working thread, Project X, and grabbed the first Event I could find, other than a couple of Special Sales of Buy this...the precursor for Kim's Closet. We can dig them out later. This way if people want to help, they will . We can also see how it looked when the first event rolled out. I can't wait till we get to the Teasers that used to hit on Thursday. ;)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary