What's up with Maria?

kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
Hi. In support a new member mentioned this glitch where Maria keeps calling. Immediately I think "Yup, the You have to keep appearing to be rich and famous" calls. I knew them well and they were the latest thorn in my side from Maria, who made my dolls look like the Poster Children for Well balanced Fashion Dolls. I read further....these weren't 'those' calls. Nor were they calls about taking time off and mystery packages of Italian tiles being delivered.

THis was Maria telling a doll how truly wonderful they were. I'd never heard of such a call. Ok, I suspected prank. But now. Here's the proof:

Maria_Huh2.jpg

So. now I ask you, has anyone besides our new poster come across this kind of behavior from Maria?

She's calling Nightman constrantly, saying this. Everytime they go to change to another screen. Maybe this happens if you don't take her high pressure Luxe sales calls.

So, I ask you, has anyone else seen anything like this?

We're looking for actual explanations, or, since this is general discussion......

we'll gladly take cheesy humor and wild supposition. (I'm telling ya, this 5.0 update is so full of surprises....they're still unveiling themselves.

As far as my dolls not getting these words of appreciation....well, I guess my girls are just bad girls. (Maria probably heard me complaining about her attitude. pffft.) So...... what's up with Maria?
If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
I Am NOT a Glu Employee
🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
💜Vats
💜#VipKalinda
#RecollectionsMayVary

Comments

• ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    Idk but I hope she doesn't spring the whole "Look, doll I have been diagnosed with stage four breast cancer" thing, you know? That would be a total bummer. I like Maria a lot.
    GC: Zoë Strange
  • JamidreamJamidream Registered Users 26 Posts
    Every time I go to a new location or come out of a building she does the same thing! I have already reported it. SO ANNOYING!!
    Please add me for KKH.
    Game Center name:Jamidream
  • isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    Maria apparently has no appreciation for my doll either; no pretty words for isabeau. But hey, you know what seems off here? Maria saying--"Now let's never mention this again." I wonder what led up to her phone call to begin with....

On another note, I find the less you pay attention to her, the fewer calls you get from her. So if she phones and says, "Buy an art [yes, buy "an art"] in the Florence living room"--there's only one piece of art I don't own in that home, because I don't care about it--and you don't, she gradually fades away. "Buy this ugly skirt in the store." Nope. No, not buying it, Maria. She toddles off for a good long time. It's of note that she hasn't even once commanded me to buy something I want or like, annnnnndddddd, no matter the price, I'm only ever offered one K-star in return, so, like, why...? Now I only hear from her once a day, and I'm almost starting to miss the wench and her idiocy. But only just *almost*.
  • Laralu529Laralu529 Registered Users 166 Posts
    No kind words from her either! It must be annoying to get a call from her every time we change locations, but once in a while would be nice.

Isabel that's weird, for me the amount of stars changes according to the price of the item she wants me to buy. Also I'm getting like 3-4 calls a day asking me to but something I don't like. It's funny how it's never something I'm planning on buying...
    Call me Lu :)
    Android player

Add me on FB
  • SerendipitySerendipity Registered Users 253 Posts
    Maria pleeaaase!!! She is calling my doll several times a day, trying to persuade my doll to buy things, in order to "twirl" on the haters and "stunt" on them hohoho(es). I think she is secretly a member of an underground blackmarket retail cartel, and the Feds are closing in on her. So she is calling her clients, just making nice before she gets hauled off to the clink for a few years. I think an intervention is necessary.
    "Art...a result of the frustration with being normal..."
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Maria pleeaaase!!! She is calling my doll several times a day, trying to persuade my doll to buy things, in order to "twirl" on the haters and "stunt" on them hohoho(es). I think she is secretly a member of an underground blackmarket retail cartel, and the Feds are closing in on her. So she is calling her clients, just making nice before she gets hauled off to the clink for a few years. I think an intervention is necessary.

Hmmmm, so those Italian Tiles were tiles all right, but not for her personal remodeling. You might be onto something. ;)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Registered Users 1,599 Posts
    The other day I chose Simon's job over Maria's and she was disappointed. Later she felt sorry and said those words above.
    I like Maria very much and must say I'm looking forward to her calls every day. I am curious what new offers she has in store for me. Some were really great and came in the right time.
    Android
    The other day I chose Simon's job over Maria's and she was disappointed. Later she felt sorry and said those words above.
    I like Maria very much and must say I'm looking forward to her calls every day. I am curious what new offers she has in store for me. Some were really great and came in the right time.

Interesting. When I chose Simon's gig over Maria's she called and angrily said something like, thanks a lot isabeau! I go to all this trouble for you blahblahblah, I don't know if I can continue to represent you. I guess I need to think about what I need to do. Yup, that's what she said to me. Never got back to me either, about whatever or other it was she "needed" to do.
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    I wish that there was an option to not answer Maria phone calls regarding to the luxe goals. It's extremely annoying when she calls my dolls on a daily basis to buy something. She must think that my dolls are shopaholic or something lol
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    My Maria is a very talented realstate agent, better than Sandra, she sold me 6 houses on the last 3 weeks, most of them were moldering for months before she took action!

I'm like 500kk K$ poorer, but 6 K-stars richer! What a deal lol
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • LantsPanceLantsPance Registered Users 998 Posts
    Vats wrote: »
    My Maria is a very talented realstate agent, better than Sandra, she sold me 6 houses on the last 3 weeks, most of them were moldering for months before she took action!

I'm like 500kk K$ poorer, but 6 K-stars richer! What a deal lol

This post wreaks of sarcasm and I love it! You make me laugh, I always enjoy reading your posts haha
    Daily iOS KKH player
  • Negi KunNegi Kun Registered Users 29 Posts
    Huh? Doll?
    I thought that representations of oneself in a game is called an avatar.
    Is there a difference in internet slang between an avatar and a doll?
  • SerendipitySerendipity Registered Users 253 Posts
    Negi Kun wrote: »
    Huh? Doll?

No difference, I suppose. In this forum, we just call them our dolls. It sounds more fun to me.
    "Art...a result of the frustration with being normal..."
    Huh? Doll?

The Kardashians use the word "doll" as a term of endearment. In KKH the avvis are called dolls. No biggie. :)
  • Negi KunNegi Kun Registered Users 29 Posts
    Thanks you two.

The internet is full of slang that I don't understand.
    Thanks you two.

The internet is full of slang that I don't understand.

You're always welcome, NK. :)
  • tia_blesttia_blest Registered Users 65 Posts
    Maria had stopped calling with luxe goals for me. Maybe coz I never bought any of what she tried to advise me to buy. Idk. But when I choose Simons gig over hers purely coz if I had the chance to visit either Florence or Japan if choose Florence, she got all huffy with me. I kinda thought it was a bit extreme when she threatened to no longer represent me and I felt for sure it was also down to me not butting the luxe goals that she kept on about.

But like I said, now she doesn't ever phone about the luxe goals. Anyone else have that?
  • tia_blesttia_blest Registered Users 65 Posts
    Maria had stopped calling with luxe goals for me. Maybe coz I never bought any of what she tried to advise me to buy. Idk. But when I chose Simons gig over hers purely coz if I had the chance to visit either Florence or Japan i'd choose Florence, she got all huffy with me. I kinda thought it was a bit extreme when she threatened to no longer represent me and I felt for sure it was also down to me not buying the luxe goals that she kept on about.

But like I said, now she doesn't ever phone about the luxe goals. Anyone else have that?