v5 Update Bugs- Android Crashes + Throwback event bugs

124Next

Comments

• kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Hi. Here is some info about he 5.0 Glitches

Friends call to breakup after co-starring in Reality Show projects:
    - this will be fixed in the next version.i

Androids not updating in rank and appearance is being investigated, I've provided more info
    please hang on while they address this.

They are working on the Google sign in problem..

And for the people who's games aren't saving....I'll try and track you down from the various threads, but if you could post here again that would be great.

I just realized I missed the Androids paying for dates, but I'll be going over this thread a little later, in case I missed anything.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    ๐Ÿฆ‹Purple Headed โ™Š+ ๐Ÿฅฅ Chick Playing iOS & Android ๐Ÿฆ‹
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐ŸŒŸIf you want my attention please send a dm
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • eggsandbananaseggsandbananas Registered Users, Moderators 399 Posts
    Not exactly a bug, but...

Based on screenshots shared on both IG and this forum, it appears that items from every past event (save for really recent events) have been included in the Throwback Event EXCEPT ONE: the Baby Bash Event Party Event from June 5-7, 2015, which is unfortunately the event containing my #1 wishlist item for Throwback, the white winged shoes.

I'm not familiar with how to host and post pics, so for now here's a link to the archived page from the forum with photos of the items: http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?...g-Items/page16 (post #160, c/o KatePillgrim).

This seems so random that I assume those event items were not overlooked intentionally. Glu, if you could possibly include them for upcoming Throwback Events that would be so wonderful! And thank you, more generally, for introducing this wonderful Throwback feature; I've been playing since the beginning and 5.0 is without question my favourite update yet!

Thanks for playing and thank you for your feedback! We did not intentionally leave those out -- they will be added in with a future version (thanks to your eagle eyes)!

Thanks,
    eggsandbananas
    Save your Hollywood IDs so we can better help you! (Top left menu > Help > Copy ID)
  • buffyslayergalbuffyslayergal Registered Users 27 Posts
    Thanks so much! That's terrific news!
  • buffyslayergalbuffyslayergal Registered Users 27 Posts
    Thanks, Koko, for replying. It looks like Glu is going to add the items so I'm glad I pursued it! Full disclosure: I've been a long-time reader of the forum but haven't posted much. I know the community fairly well from keeping up with everyone's posts. I suppose I should get on here more and speak up! But I just wanted to say that even just following the forum has helped me feel like I have a community around the game, so thanks for being a part of that! Also, if you're on IG, I have a KKH account (pamelabeth.kkh) that I started recently. Thanks again!
  • Mani86Mani86 Registered Users 237 Posts
    Npc's are still disappearing from my list when I do my reality show. When I start my first one I have 10+ I can invite and after I've done a few shows I have only one left to use, which sucks now that we have these weekend events and we get extra event points from them. And I don't dare use any of my rpc's anymore. This needs to be fixed, those extra points during the weekend are important.
    Hi. We heard back that the contacts (both real player and npc) breaking up with us will be fixed with the next update. In the meantime, visit a handful of restaurants/clubs and just pick up whatever NPCs want to connect. When you say disappearing, you mean breaking up with you, or something different?

Sorry this is happening, I would just keep accepting NPC contacts till this is fixed.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Mani86Mani86 Registered Users 237 Posts
    Okay, thanks Koko. :)
    No, they just disappear from my list when I've invited them a few times. But they appear again several hours later, but then disappear again. Don't know why.
  • hoodstar9hoodstar9 Registered Users, Banned Users 424 Posts
    I'm barely going to complete this weekend event because now all of a sudden I cannot even open my game it just hangs on a black screen and I keep getting the "Kardashian has crashed message".
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Android 5.1.1
    Level 33 Male

My energy cap was 37, after the celeb perk update I gained 2 additional energy cap so it's 39. I'm getting the notification that my energy is full once my energy has reached 37 and not 39.
    PM to add
  • SerendipitySerendipity Registered Users 253 Posts
    iOS 9.3
    iPod Touch
    Level 33 Female

My game began freezing, and it went to the black screen. I exited the game, powered off the device, and waited a few minutes and turned it on again. When I tried to open the game, it initially froze at the loading screen, then it went black. After a few more attempts to go into the game, it sent me to Kustomization. Then black screen again, and nothing else. Just black. Now, I am unable to play.
    "Art...a result of the frustration with being normal..."
    I'm so sorry this is happening. Since you got the customization screen, and it' Saturday, I'd suggest starting an IM Chat with Apple Support. They are the best bet to help you load your recent game save. If you haven't already backed up through iTunes, they'll help you with that, and that's an easy way to reload your game.

But they'll explain it much better and walk you through the whole thing. If you can do the imChat on a desktop or laptop, they have you connect your device and take it from there.

Otherwise, we'll add your info to the Glitches and I'll see what we can find out for you. But if it were me, I'd do the Apple Support IMChat first. Good luck and let us know what happens. Fingers crossed.

Hoodstar, are you iOS as well? I'd offer the same suggestion about Apple Support IM Chat.

And, I'm going to send through an updated report about the crashings and black screens.

If this is happening to you, pleae post your game info Platform/OS Version/Davice/Level

Brief description of issue.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Thanks, Koko. So, I went back and tried to open the game again, and it is running, but still crashing sometimes. Apparently, I have no backed up files for KKH, because it is apparently "corrupted," because my device did not properly install the game app. None of my progress is being saved, so if it crashes again, I may be at a total loss.

ETA: I had thought about transferring to a different device prior to the 5.0 update. Good thing I didn't try that! There would have been nothing to transfer.
    Did Apple Support chat tell you all that? I'm wondering if the next game update will correct that? I'm the most un-tech person I know, but is it possible that the next time the game updates and we see the loading meter fill up, could that be an uncorrupted version. If that was Apple who gave you that info, then I'd put it all in a ticket to Glu's Customer Care. Someone must have advice or a way to fix this.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • pudifishpudifish Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 9 Posts
    I still didn't get the new rivals quest :(

Android 5.0
    Zenfone 5
    Level 30
    Female
    Did Apple Support chat tell you all that? I'm wondering if the next game update will correct that? I'm the most un-tech person I know, but is it possible that the next time the game updates and we see the loading meter fill up, could that be an uncorrupted version. If that was Apple who gave you that info, then I'd put it all in a ticket to Glu's Customer Care. Someone must have advice or a way to fix this.

Yes. They had me connect my iPod to my computer and follow some steps to restore the game. While I now have the game back, I am hoping that the next update will resolve the freezing and blackout issue.

Thanks for your concern and advice.
    Having the game back is good. If the next update doesn't fix this for you, it wouldn't be out of line for you to contact Customer Care, tell them what happened, and ask them if this is the kind of thing that can be corrected with an updateor other means. (We don't know if the game has always been corrupted, or if an update was corrupted). So my fingers are crossed for you.

And if anyone is keeping score....I think this is the 6th time in a row I suggested Apple Support, and they brought iOS games. back.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I still didn't get the new rivals quest :(

Android 5.0
    Zenfone 5
    Level 30
    Female

Hi. Do you have any outstanding tasks? I copied your post over to the thread with others not getting the rivals task.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    It back! That black screen. I can hear the music from Calabasas, though, where I just finished a reality show taping, but the screen is frozen black. I think I should leave the game alone until the next update?
    I'm barely going to complete this weekend event because now all of a sudden I cannot even open my game it just hangs on a black screen and I keep getting the "Kardashian has crashed message".

Hoodstar9, are you still having the black screen issue? Can you list your Platform/ OS Version/ Device and Level? I'm going to see if we can get you and Serendipity some suggestions and/or more assistance. THanks.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    I noticed that lately my game has crashed with frequency when I try to open the wardrobe or the star shop.

And about the Google connection, I'm able to sent referrals to my friends and they are able to receive and accept, yet they are totally frozen with the same clothes for a week or so and those who disappeared still not returned!
    Viva La Vida ร La Vats!
  • isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    Hi. I see this thread only mentions Android in the header, but I'm iOS and while I see maybe two people with an iOS device problem I don't really know this is the right place to go. There's nowhere else though, so...

Since the v5 update my mobile app--my phone has the latest, most updated version for iPhone--is constantly crashing, and crashing my whole phone along with it. I really, really don't like that. I also keep getting a black screen, frozen screen, and game shut-downs. This morning the game crashed, froze my entire phone, and then restarted my whole phone altogether. I do not appreciate this app reaching out tentacles where it most definitely does NOT belong. I don't want a game that invades my entire phone, what the heck?? Does anyone know if these problems are being worked on, because people have been complaining for a while. So again, is this thread intended for Android only, and are Androids the only mobiles getting any attention in this matter? Many thanks.
    It started with major bugs for Android, and then expanded for all the other issues as they arose. I'll change the title if others have been confused by it, but just reading you see that GC games have reported crashing and black screen. The thread is being monitored, and Glu is working on fixes.

You always have the opportunity to submit a ticket to customer care, especially if it's not a wide spread issue. But as soon as I hear anything, I will let you know. I'll look over the thread again and see if there is any new suggestions or info that might help.

I found this in Support

[h=2]How do I prevent crashing on my Apple device?[/h] The two most important performance parameters for any game are system resources and quality of connection.

Most games tend to be resource-hungry and can crash without enough memory or CPU time. It's best to let the game run exclusively.

For devices running on iOS 7 or higher:

Double tap on the home button to see the apps running in the background, then swipe the upwards with your finger to clear it from memory. You can repeat this action for all other apps you would like to close.

For devices running on previous iOS versions:

Double tap on the home button to see the apps running in the background, then touch one of them and hold your finger down until you see a red minus sign, touch the sign to terminate the app. You can terminate most apps on this screen to free up memory. Tap on the home button to return then try to launch the game now. Most users report this works for them. if it does not work for you right away, turn off your device completely then turn it back on and try again.

Another factor that may affect game stability is the quality of the Internet connection. For best results, use a reliable WiFi connection rather than a network connection (eg. 3G, 4G), which can vary in strength depending on traffic in the area. Having high "bars" indicates good signal strength but may not reflect actual throughput.

Even if you have good signal strength showing for your WiFi connection, your bandwidth may be limited if the network is congested (eg. there are many users sharing the network and/or others are doing bandwidth-intensive activities such as streaming video).

There are free bandwidth test apps you can run to check your total throughput. You should have at least 10Mb download and 3Mb upload for the game to run properly.

One thing definitely to avoid is powering the device off, or removing the battery while the program is running.

Again, I don't know how much this will help, and have patience if you contact customer care and they respond with pretty much the same info. Or, if you submit the ticket, maybe if you say your followed the suggestions there and need further help, you might be able to bypass that step and move on.

My fingers are crossed for you, I'll try and round up all the complaints of black screen and crashing since the update, and see how many people we're talking about, and to ask them if their situation was resolved.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Vats wrote: ยป
    I noticed that lately my game has crashed with frequency when I try to open the wardrobe or the star shop.

And about the Google connection, I'm able to sent referrals to my friends and they are able to receive and accept, yet they are totally frozen with the same clothes for a week or so and those who disappeared still not returned!

I have to believe that this is being worked on, but you have to remember, Google went and changed things that were working perfectly, because some people want to play with people without letting them know any more about them than their GamerID which could be as lame as playernumber51485, and basically told the developers to scramble and make it work with your game.

I still have an hour long transcript of an instant message chat with a GoogleGrinch who despite 40 minutes of trying to not understand what I was saying, finally got to the point where he agreed and knew there were huge problems, but "it's not our responsibilty to make sure it won't disrupt games, that's up to the developer once the new system rolls out". Then I explained that the difference between iOS rolling out a change and google rolling out a change. Apple has Support staff who will walk you through the changes and fix what they broke. Google doesn't care.

And Glu echoed that this was a big change, Google had one area handling it, and now has two, and so Glu is working to fix this for us. Luckily our Android games are working, and I feel confident that we'll be seeing our updated appearance in other peoples games as soon as possible. Glu understands the fashion and sharing aspect of our games way more that Google does. And if google does understand, they don't give a flip.

I will say, I haven't seen one doll in either of my Androids changing into the weekend clothes. So, I'm thinking NONE of us are changing outward appearance. Have faith Vats, our dolls will be dressing in a complimentary style soon enough.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • OuzaruOuzaru Registered Users 4 Posts
    My contacts are disappearing from list, when I want to invite them, and after completing shows, several hours later, they all call me one after another to break up. Those were my RL contacts, added via FB and GC. Are we going to get those people back after an update? I've lost 3/4 of my list, lol o.O
    Answered your issue in one of the other threads you posted it in. I'll know more after the issue is fixed in the next update. I'd keep a list and screenshots of them breaking up, asking for ransom to charm them.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary