Options

Tech glitches since 5.0.0 update

isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
Hey, hi!

So here are my problems; I've been wondering if anyone else has the same, and Glu admin would like topics such as this to be discussed in the General Forum first (there's a post from them about it) so...here I am! :p

First is, I play on the most updated iOS version for mobile, and of course the latest KKH. My phone is a little more than a year and a half old, and so that shouldn't be an issue.

Ok, since the last update my game has been randomly shutting down; this is affecting gameplay in a pretty bad way, including, when I reopen the game--and yikes, this has gotten even worse since this current weekend event began!--I'll find that my energy bolts I used are gone but my progress has been lost. An example is, filming the reality show your first NPC gives you a couple of event clappers, a bit of energy, and stars, of course. This can also happen with the next NPCs you use, but as we all know, no. 1 is no 1.

Next thing happening since Update 5.0.0 is I keep getting black screen. I did see this mentioned in another thread recently, but I can't find it now--I've been looking since yesterday so, sorry to repeat this, however it was originally presented. Black screen is extra bad when you're in the middle of an event and get shut out.

Something extremely weird, and I've double-, triple-, quadruple-, and yet more times checked this out: the game is knocking me offline! It's disconnecting me from my wifi! What the what?! How is something like that even happening??

I'm sorry if this might have come out a little convoluted or disorganized; I was up grinding till 3:00 am, and awoke at 5:15 this morning because I absolutely *need* to nab that yellow dress! :p

Last, I just want to reiterate why I've put this in the General Discussion section: Glu admin requests that problems such as these should be posted and *discussed* by forum members, I gather possibly to see who's experiencing similar problems--and other problems as well; maybe to observe what members may or may not be doing about these issues, and I guess in this way get an idea of how many problems are up there, and how widespread any given problem happens to be.

Ok, thank you for any input you're able to put here or discuss; and if you've found a way to resolve any of these or other problems occurring since our last--and A-mazing!--update.

Comments

• Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Hi. can you specify how a Glu Administrator told you to start a dissuccion about update issues here? The issues are pretty well documented in the 5.0 discussion thread, and there is a current thread in Support for bugs since the 5.0 update. I'd like to point out that if it was customer care in response to a ticket, lately they've been sending people to the forum to see if it can be addressed here, and their ticket is then prommptly closed.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    It was probably me who gets the blank screen freeze, though I've had it before the update. I've been in contact with Glu thru the game and they said they'd take a look, but are unsure about how long that'll take.
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • Options
    Hi. can you specify how a Glu Administrator told you to start a dissuccion about update issues here? The issues are pretty well documented in the 5.0 discussion thread, and there is a current thread in Support for bugs since the 5.0 update. I'd like to point out that if it was customer care in response to a ticket, lately they've been sending people to the forum to see if it can be addressed here, and their ticket is then prommptly closed.

It's in FAQ and Support. Please bear in mind I had only had around two hours of sleep; I rarely go to the FAQ section so not incredibly familiar with it; but I remember reading it over about three times because I couldn't quite believe what I was reading. I know, it is weird. That's why I put a type of disclaimer in my post, and did it twice.
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Can you show me where? It's mothers day and my family wants me, but I'm intriqued. Have you finished the event? I saw you went to bed at 3, and were back grinding at 5, so the 2 hours figures in.

eta: There are 137 topics in the game's FAQs, and unless there is a hidden Instant Chat button, a Glu Administrator didn't tell you anything. If you have a problem with the game, please post it in a clear and concise manner in the Support subforum. There is also the thread about the 5.0 update here in General Discussion, and you might find more info there. And there is the thread for Venting about problems.

(My personal opinion is that grinding till 3 am, and then coming back at 5 has a little something to do with the creation of this thread. As such, I'm out.)

1905c1290569414900508712ecad9113-micdrop06.gif
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    KokoBelleKokoBelle Registered Users 73 Posts
    I was wondering if anyone was experiencing their contacts breaking up with them even after you've five starred the reality show taping with them. A ton of ppl have broken up with me for how unprofessional I was. Yet I only forgot about one taping that only had one or two ppl? I finished the weekend event yesterday! That's way early for me so I was really getting five stars on almost every event. I don't know why this is happening?
    Friend me on GC: :KokoBelle:
    Doll name: Coco Cox
    A+++ level 36
  • Options
    QueenCookieQueenCookie Registered Users 356 Posts
    KokoBelle wrote: »
    I was wondering if anyone was experiencing their contacts breaking up with them even after you've five starred the reality show taping with them. A ton of ppl have broken up with me for how unprofessional I was. Yet I only forgot about one taping that only had one or two ppl? I finished the weekend event yesterday! That's way early for me so I was really getting five stars on almost every event. I don't know why this is happening?

That's a glitch on Glu's end I just don't understand why they didn't fix it before the event started on Friday. I'm pretty sure they're aware about it by now just waiting for them to patch this glitch.
    Sophie
  • Options
    KokoBelleKokoBelle Registered Users 73 Posts
    Thanks for your reply. I hope they restore my contacts and I don't have to pay Kstars.
    Friend me on GC: :KokoBelle:
    Doll name: Coco Cox
    A+++ level 36
  • Options
    Hi so sorry am very sick so real quick. Didn't say spoke to anyone did put in parens I saw that posted by them. Yeah who knows what the heck I was reading at those hours and not much sleep. Is ok just delete it. K thanks.
  • Options
    Livy Aha!Livy Aha! Registered Users 35 Posts
    That's a glitch on Glu's end I just don't understand why they didn't fix it before the event started on Friday. I'm pretty sure they're aware about it by now just waiting for them to patch this glitch.
    I reported this same glitch on the Glitch Thread and said the same thing about the event....Only I said that holding the event when they knew it was glitchy was "Stupid". My post was removed and transferred to the Hooka Den Complaint Thread. I guess I wasn't being 'politically correct'. lol