Monday, Monday. What will this week bring?

Comments

• JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    I just got my fourth box, and have every week so far. I start the throwback event as soon as I wake up on Tuesday, and I only do 3 hour reality shows at Calabasas. I need 19 stars to get 16 points. So I do a taping, wait for an hour or two, and then go back and do another taping. I don't bother with tapping for more energy and I am able to do the taping while I am holding on a phone call, in line while on an errand, or whatever. Then when I really have some time I will knock out a few tapings in a row and do some tapping for extra energy. It doesn't feel like grinding that way.
  • MegannitaMegannita Registered Users 284 Posts
    Too bad the pets don't seem to give out bonus points for the throwback events... :(
    You remind me of the babe...
  • CilanCilan Registered Users 298 Posts
    Fell asleep for 13 hours straight last night so I got NO GRINDING on anything omg lol. I have 422 points currently and I am starting (6) 8 hour gigs at once hoping to finish at the same time with 7 hours left in the event. Let's hope I can do this.. 172 more points to go! So at 20 points per 8 hour gig, that should be 120 event points when it's done. And just gotta do a few reality shows after that and maybe I'll make 600... xD
  • KeemKeem Registered Users 357 Posts
    Screenshot_2016-05-11-15-12-30_zpsdxevfui2.png?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

I completed the event yesterday, forgot to post my pallet.
    Box 4, a purse.... but it's a gorgeous purse for one of my favorite dresses!

KKH_Screenshot_1463079443907_zpsrva6m6t7.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

Love it!
    Congrats, dolls on all your rewards! And thanks glu for another chance at the items!

I understand why we can't buy throwback items to our hearts content (due to players with hacked games) but it would be nice if we could buy *one* extra box for each throwback box we earn!
    The journey to the 4th box is no small feat!
  • CilanCilan Registered Users 298 Posts
    Keem wrote: »

I understand why we can't buy throwback items to our hearts content (due to players with hacked games) but it would be nice if we could buy *one* extra box for each throwback box we earn!
    The journey to the 4th box is no small feat!

I don't get the reason if modified games is what they are afraid of. xD If they put the boxes for sale, yes the people who "modify" the games will be able to open them all for free, but they are not the people who would put money in the game in the first place, so Glu will have lost nothing. And second, I don't believe there is any added benefit of getting these clothes except for showing them off to Game Center friends? When you have the clothes, it's like... so what now? And if you have no friends in game, then only you can see your clothes and no one else. So again, all the "modified" games will have are clothes that are stuck to THAT ONE GAME, since they are not able to be traded, sold, etc.

And by doing these throwback events, in the end, the people with cheats still win because they are able to use infinite energy to grind through these events while the regular players have to tap, tap, tap away for hours haha.

But if they are just doing these events to change things up, then it is kinda nice to be able to get throwbacks for free. :) I will get what I am chasing for... Eventually... If they keep on doing these events haha.
  • KeemKeem Registered Users 357 Posts
    Cilan wrote: »
    I don't get the reason if modified games is what they are afraid of. xD If they put the boxes for sale, yes the people who "modify" the games will be able to open them all for free, but they are not the people who would put money in the game in the first place, so Glu will have lost nothing. And second, I don't believe there is any added benefit of getting these clothes except for showing them off to Game Center friends? When you have the clothes, it's like... so what now? And if you have no friends in game, then only you can see your clothes and no one else. So again, all the "modified" games will have are clothes that are stuck to THAT ONE GAME, since they are not able to be traded, sold, etc.

And by doing these throwback events, in the end, the people with cheats still win because they are able to use infinite energy to grind through these events while the regular players have to tap, tap, tap away for hours haha.

But if they are just doing these events to change things up, then it is kinda nice to be able to get throwbacks for free. :) I will get what I am chasing for... Eventually... If they keep on doing these events haha.

Very valid points! I should have worded it "this may be a reason why glu won't allow use to purchase boxes." As I do not work, or have spoken to anyone from glu about this <3
    (A logical guess)
    Added benefits to getting these clothes, I suppose it's what you use the game for. I screen shot and photoshop my doll for various reasons outside of the forums. The more clothing, accessories, hair - the better!
    Or those events where we vote for the best look!
    As a side note, this game also helped me quit smoking. Addictive tapping has been a life saver, literally.

But you are right, what's the point if you are a solo player with no gc friends? You dress your doll, like the look and maybe wear it all week.
    In that case what's the point to any clothes at all besides the golden heart and star bonus for jobs? :(

Once again, under the logic assumption, yes - modified games can finish the event with ease compared to us honest players. However by restrictions the amount of boxes that can be opened, they are forced to obey the same rule as us. 4 items only. (Even with my wish for one extra box, still restricted to 8 boxes max)

It would be a case of the cheaters win a battle, but they don't win the war!

I too hope this event never goes away! One day I will have my so desired merdress...
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Here's Carol Davida fourth box:

nnoVP4.png
    EZF9g1.jpg

She won a necklace. I'm only a few points away from completing the event on my second game.:)
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    You can do it Carol. Tap tap tap, tap a lot tap a little more. (any band geeks every play the musical Music man? You know what I'm talking about lol) I'm sending you good vibes and extra luck. May you land at LAX and pick up 4 energy like you were picking flowers.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Laralu529Laralu529 Registered Users 166 Posts
    You can do it Cilan & Carol!

These are my four boxes:

1z2qfwj.png

Screenshot_2016_05_11_01_03_43.png

Screenshot_2016_05_11_12_12_22.png

Screenshot_2016_05_12_18_52_10.png
    Call me Lu :)
    Android player

Add me on FB
    You can do it Carol. Tap tap tap, tap a lot tap a little more. (any band geeks every play the musical Music man? You know what I'm talking about lol) I'm sending you good vibes and extra luck. May you land at LAX and pick up 4 energy like you were picking flowers.

Thanks for the cheers Koko!☺ I'm finally done! Yay! Carolyn Ferocious won the queen of hearts costume.:)

u00Bgz.png
    z0dR5r.jpg
    Daily Android KKH player

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,492 Posts
    Congrats Carol! :o

Winning Halloween or St Patrick's Day stuff is my worst nightmare :D
    Cherrey wrote: »
    Congrats Carol! :o

Winning Halloween or St Patrick's Day stuff is my worst nightmare :D

Thanks Cherrey!:)

I've noticed now that every week the pirate hair is appearing quite more often on my pallets on my games. My dolls needs to snatched the pirate hat real quick lol:D
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• LizardLizard Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 27 Posts
    My boxes:

1-
    1463091315-screenshot-2016-05-10-14-41-53.png

2-
    1463091331-screenshot-2016-05-11-01-21-59.png

3-
    1463091348-screenshot-2016-05-11-21-41-29.png

4-
    1463091362-screenshot-2016-05-13-00-11-39.png
    Pics, pics, pics.
  • trevoractortrevoractor Registered Users 1,114 Posts
    My last throwback box:
    image_zpsu1hoypmz.png

Don't really like any of the things I got this week. Oh well, already ready for next week lol.
    A+++ Lister // GameCenter: TrevorActor :cool:
  • Tarabella08Tarabella08 Registered Users 465 Posts
    First box:
    http://EDD95936-096F-4839-968A-4F116111A9DA.png_1.jpeg
    Second box:http://F65F3F2C-D2AE-48B3-A70F-F0A4B083A8DB.png.jpeg
    Third (and final for me) box:
    http://0F7B4943-3143-4A6E-A1CD-EAEB9C6FC499.png.jpeg

I didn't have time to get to the last box this week, but I'm not even mad because in my third box I got one of the dresses I've wanted since forever!! I remember kicking myself for not getting it when it was new. I think it was a VIP weekend when it came out and I was still pretty new at the game. Yay!!
    GC: tarabella08
    Feel free to add me! I love playing with new friends :)
    XoXo
    My boxes disappeared when I finished the event, is it still running? 12 hours to sleep, wake up and start the new event. the Event thread is here. {Please post anything regarding tomorrow's event there.) I'm leaving this open to make sure everyone gets to post all their Throwback winnings here. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    Here's Carol Davida third box:

AzhCHS.png
    hMJvgz.jpg

She won a dress.☺

Oh congrats Carol! That dress is def on my wanted list, but so far on my pallets, a seen, but never gotten close to winning lol
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
    KaylaJ wrote: »
    Oh congrats Carol! That dress is def on my wanted list, but so far on my pallets, a seen, but never gotten close to winning lol

Thanks Kayla.:)
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,448 Posts
    Little late in posting but I was at the Happiest Place on Earth the last few days, but here are my pallets:

image_zpsebbjhgw0.jpeg
    image_zpsrwz0up1o.jpeg

Last two events I got no clothes, just shoes or sunglasses - which are awesome, I'm gratefull for all I got, but I have been drooling over that Valentino dress I chased and never got... So I guess the Glu Gods felt sorry because I got some awesome gifts and to top it all I got the Valentino dress in my last box woohoo!!!

It's my new favorite look:
    image_zpsjyxxsocr.jpeg
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
    Happy belated birthday, Carol!! Hope you had a great day!
    Linda

#KKH4Life
    Thanks Linda for the belated b-day wishes!☺
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• NQueen331NQueen331 Registered Users 577 Posts
    LindaVB wrote: »
    Little late in posting but I was at the Happiest Place on Earth the last few days, but here are my pallets:

image_zpsebbjhgw0.jpeg
    image_zpsrwz0up1o.jpeg

Last two events I got no clothes, just shoes or sunglasses - which are awesome, I'm gratefull for all I got, but I have been drooling over that Valentino dress I chased and never got... So I guess the Glu Gods felt sorry because I got some awesome gifts and to top it all I got the Valentino dress in my last box woohoo!!!

It's my new favorite look:
    image_zpsjyxxsocr.jpeg

So the eyes in the first box that you won, is that K&K eyes that I see on other players dolls?
    Follow me on Instagram: @kkh.nubianqueen331
    If you would like to add me on Facebook please PM me.iOS Doll Name: Neko Lyon
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
    Reality Show: Life of a Lyonness (Top 400)
    Spouse: Max Mason (Top 50 Couples)
    If you do not like that the 40 K star gift boxes contain $4,000 Kash as a "prize," please visit this thread and share your opinion HERE
    No. Those are the Marilyn Eyes that KKH got back in the Winter, a while before the other game came out. That and the glossed lips with Marilyn's beauty mark. Notice the snowflake? Iwant to say November maybe. But they all blur. :)

After the original Glam eyes and mouth, we were clammoring for more, and they came out with Marilyn features.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    That's not the SG eyes, that's the eye from here.

You can identify by the icon, this has the snowflake icon :)
    PM to add
  • ARTPOPARTPOP Registered Users 530 Posts
    What I don't understand is why isn't glu allowing us to open more boxes for kstars. I mean doing TB this way isn't even giving them anything compared to how TB events were. Players including me spent so many kstars chasing for previous items. They're losing profit.
    I'm thinking they tried to do something nice, and by taking out the ability to buy more, everyone is on a level playing field. During the weekend events, we can't buy the earner pieces. In the Throwback event, the boxes are like the earned items. you have to work for them.

I'm thinking by limiting the number of old items you can get, no one can buy it all. When they have purchased everything...where's their event? What do they do when they can't participate because they have all the weekend items?

Also, perhaps they wanted to create an event where having an 'enhanced' (hacked) buys no advantage.

I know how you feel, I work my fingers off to earn a box, and especially after a box that was less than great I would love to buy a few more, but I do appreciate an event where the star poor players have the same chances as everyone else.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    I'm thinking they tried to do something nice, and by taking out the ability to buy more, everyone is on a level playing field. During the weekend events, we can't buy the earner pieces. In the Throwback event, the boxes are like the earned items. you have to work for them.

I'm thinking by limiting the number of old items you can get, no one can buy it all. When they have purchased everything...where's their event? What do they do when they can't participate because they have all the weekend items?

Also, perhaps they wanted to create an event where having an 'enhanced' (hacked) buys no advantage.

I know how you feel, I work my fingers off to earn a box, and especially after a box that was less than great I would love to buy a few more, but I do appreciate an event where the star poor players have the same chances as everyone else.

I think this is all so true.

And how is it that some people just do not comprehend the idea of "nice"? Why does there always have to be a problem with everything? For those who want to "look a gift horse in the mouth," I think there should be a special option for them to select this coming Monday: "No free boxes for me at all, please. I want to pay for every single earned box--60 stars--I get to open. And have the option to open one more right after each earnable, for the moderate price of 120 stars." How does that sound to you? Sound good? Tell Glu you have no appreciation whatsoever for what they're doing for players and that you want to be penalized for that. Tell Glu you want to pay out the a$$. You know. Just in case you're not doing so already.
    NQueen331 wrote: »
    So the eyes in the first box that you won, is that K&K eyes that I see on other players dolls?

No the eyes I won were from the Christmas event, the eyes everyone mentions are from the Glam Squad event:
    image_zpsyixv4nsv.png
    Linda

#KKH4Life
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    I'm really happy with the throwback idea. It's def grinding work to get the final one esp on a weekday, but the last time I spent ~60kstars and got the Santa hat. At least now when I get something dinky I don't feel that bad.
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    We should stop saying that the earnables are 'free' because they take time to get it and nowadays time is as valuable as money.

So I don't blame someone being frustrate to play for 1 hour and get something 'bad' or want to buy more items to save that time for other activities.

Personally I wouldn't buy extra boxes, since the chances of winning something I want without having a limited pre-selection of items like on the old throwbacks is minimal.

I agree that these mid-week events are a very cool thing, but I don't think they give equal opportunities for 'rich' and 'poor' people.

I say this because what differentiates 'rich' and 'poor' is the power of choice. 'Rich' can buy boxes at every weekend event and have access to what they consider cool. While 'poor' doesn't.

During those throwback events there is the luck factor and not the choice factor.

If this were about equality they would allow the players to open one of those boxes and see a selection of 8 missed items and let them choose between those. So 'rich' and 'poor' would have the power of choice and would make worth to invest their valuable time by grinding to get the 'cool' things.
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.