Weekend Event 5/13/2016 -VIP + Friday the 13th

124Next

Comments

• NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Cherrey wrote: »
    Nai, please don't be sad! 4k is painful. I feel you! :(

Thanks, Vats! 40 K stars are not that bad, huh? :D

Very painful lol... :'(

Xan spent 20 KStars and got 40 KStars in her free box. I'm in a freaking dilemma, I want the hair and gift box items, but knowing my luck... am I better off waiting for them to appear in throwback boxes? What if it never appears lol

Carol luck will come once in a while, congrats!
    PM to add
  • isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    Does this help? I often want to change my dolls hair colors, but I keep putting them back in blonde. I asked this question once before but no one answered. How do you feel about changing skin color at whim? I think we all identify with pretty much the dolls we've morphed into. no?

Screenshot_2016_05_13_17_33_38_1_1.png

oh, forgot to explain - sometimes I just think some outfits would really look striking on a more exotic look, than blonde and fair with a tan sometimes. lol.

Ok, see--she looks just gorge; the way you style your dolls--you? Your triplets *always, always* look amazing, I notice it all the time. Styling--the way outfits are put together; the accessories--the whole look, the whole package. And yes, I do think our dolls, the morph works both ways: really they're an extension of ourselves, and so are they of us. Was it Keem who said (very sorry if it was someone else) "...we live vicariously through our dolls..."? My doll almost always has the darker brown hair, but...several movies, say especially the action-adventure--her hair is red (that orangey color we have); and those movies also call for a particular hairstyle I love and looks great for that type of thing. She also did the music videos as a redhead, as well as the--what was the KKH version of Game of Thrones called? It's on the tip of my tongue...Tale of Crowns?--where I also wore plenty of leather, the New Year's dress--anything I could create from what we have to give the most accuracy to our gigs. I read yesterday, in another thread, someone saying, why do people care so much about getting throwback items, which about 99.9% of players do want, and they were kind of scornful. If that's the way a person feels then why are they playing such a fashion-oriented game? More, plenty of people do have their eye on certain things they hope to get, and often do, which makes them really happy. And making people happy is a *good* thing. And it's not only that people didn't get certain items because they weren't playing yet, or they couldn't get event gift box items or an earnable they wanted--that happened to me; there was a last-earnable-dress I had wanted a lot, but didn't manage to get it. And I so unexpectedly got it this past Wednesday night and I was really happy about it. And a huge plus about the throwbacks: MORE STUFF! We all want more things, always! Another remark from this person was basically that people find a look they like and leave their doll that way all week--really? How can some random person say, and soooo sure of themselves, that that's so? Sure, it's likely some people do; but plenty of us change outfits not only every day, but a few to several times a day to fit with our gigs.

EDIT: Oops! Posted by accident, still working on this!
  • CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    Finished! Now to earn a few stars. Got this polo in my free box, love it!

faq7xnw.png

Bought some new hair, this one was on sale..

uI4bs4V.png

And a few pets. Maxed out on pet whisperer too!

zO0gFd0.png
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • evilhagevilhag Registered Users 923 Posts
    Buttiel wrote: »
    The moment I saw that people liked the shoes while I didn't, I knew what I was going to get. Ha!

tumblr_inline_o74uvl9HFc1reitsa_540.png

Wanted the top and choker, got the shoes and pants. Oh well, at least I've mastered the art of #komplainingalot

I forgot to take a shot of my second palette, but it had the pants in the 2nd box top, and the choker 3rd box bottom. Good luck y'all!

Exactly what happened to me. Loooved the top and choker. Got the pants and shoes haha ugh. Last week the hair too. Hated it. Got it for free. Cringe haha
    Put a cap on Trendspenders! 
    Give 20 daily videos to paying players!
    Bonus star for parties!
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Cherrey wrote: »
    Thanks, Vats! 40 K stars are not that bad, huh? :D

Sure it isn't! K-stars are never too much, my stock is really good right now just waiting for that paid throwback with Brad Pitt's hair lol
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • unique123unique123 Registered Users 291 Posts
    I didn't get to buy anything on my list this VIP. I unfortunately spent my 500 kstars chasing the GB items. They went fast. I ended up getting the shoes and pants first. Opened a couple more boxes and finally got the choker. I wasn't having luck so I was determined to stop there and take defeat that I wasn't going to get the top. Woke up this morning and decided to open just one more box and the top was there! Super happy! :D I forgot to screenshot my palettes since I opened a few too many. But the top in my last palette was in bottom row 2nd box.

KKH_Screenshot_1463243380114.jpgKKH_Screenshot_1463244131310.jpg

I also decided to buy the Balmain package even though I already had one of the dresses. It was still a good deal for two dresses and kstars. But I do wish they would swap another dress or multiple ones for different dresses if you already own some. Its a very random deal :/ I ended up using the extra k stars I got with this deal to open my last box where I got the top (lucky) so it worked in my favor to get the two dresses and the top I wanted.

PhotoGrid_1463244859443.jpg

Hope everyone else is getting what they want! I'm glad those of you who wanted the shoes got them! I love how I don't have any shoes in my closet similar.

*ANDROID player - PM me to add!
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Naimonster wrote: »

Carol luck will come once in a while, congrats!

Thanks Nai.☺
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Tarabella08Tarabella08 Registered Users 465 Posts
    I don't know what to do!! I don't know if I want to finish the event or not. I like the hair, but the purse and dress aren't anything special for me, and I don't know if I want to spend 500 k stars or not =\ I wish I knew what the next VIP was going to be, that way I could decide if I want to just go for it this weekend or not haha. If I spend 500 this weekend, and something better comes out next VIP I'll be so mad because I won't have enough stars by then haha. Hmmm...
    GC: tarabella08
    Feel free to add me! I love playing with new friends :)
    XoXo
    I don't know what to do!! I don't know if I want to finish the event or not. I like the hair, but the purse and dress aren't anything special for me, and I don't know if I want to spend 500 k stars or not =\ I wish I knew what the next VIP was going to be, that way I could decide if I want to just go for it this weekend or not haha. If I spend 500 this weekend, and something better comes out next VIP I'll be so mad because I won't have enough stars by then haha. Hmmm...

If you don't like it save it!

The future always can bring better opportunities!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    Lol everyone knows that Carolyn Ferocious is such a party animal hahaha :D
    Screenshot_2016-05-14-18-17-41-1_zpsuihcyvml.png
    Daily Android KKH player

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• ChristianKillsChristianKills Registered Users 3 Posts
    Am I the only one not getting points when I get a five star rating?? What's going on?
    Game Center: Christian Reinante
    Doll: Mercedes
  • Tarabella08Tarabella08 Registered Users 465 Posts
    Vats wrote: »
    If you don't like it save it!

The future always can bring better opportunities!

I think you're right :) plus there's always the throwbacks :) thanks, Vats!

P.S. I love black cats haha :P
    GC: tarabella08
    Feel free to add me! I love playing with new friends :)
    XoXo
  • MegannitaMegannita Registered Users 284 Posts
    Am I the only one not getting points when I get a five star rating?? What's going on?

There are no "points," only a K-star for each gig.
    You remind me of the babe...
  • VidaBohemeVidaBoheme Registered Users 229 Posts
    Does anyone know if a VIP hangout is part of the event? I did a hang with Kim (trying to get bonus 15 Kstars for one of my gigs) and at the end I received a Kstar just for the hang, our relationship didn't level up or anything. Just curious since it's not really a job like a photoshoot or the reality TV show but got a K star for it anyway.
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    I have 45 Stars til the hair but I'm waiting to see if Maria calls me with a luxe goal. There are a few items I'm thinking about but are unsure, if she called about one that would sooo help.
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
    VidaBoheme wrote: »
    Does anyone know if a VIP hangout is part of the event? I did a hang with Kim (trying to get bonus 15 Kstars for one of my gigs) and at the end I received a Kstar just for the hang, our relationship didn't level up or anything. Just curious since it's not really a job like a photoshoot or the reality TV show but got a K star for it anyway.

Hi Vida!

Not sure, generally that isn't possible, but maybe you got a glitch or just got one of those random k-stars that sometimes pop up after you finish something.

I wouldn't go for those since doing gigs is more profitable cause we need less energy to finish!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • ChanrinChanrin Registered Users 516 Posts
    Worst.free.box.ever.
    Screenshot_2016-05-15-18-46-36_zpsesika6zg.png~original
    Do you hear the phone when I call ?
    Do you feel the thud when I fall?
    Do you hear the crack when I break ?

---
    #TeamCassio
    Not cool Chanrin, hope you had time to grind for k-stars and compensate that.

I had a feast this weekend, I went much ahead on my spree than the Balmain jacket, well at least my baby has new clothes for her first b'day on few weeks.

Oh please Glu give us that extra day I need to purchase a lil bit more lol
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    Maria finally called with a luxe goal but it was for those 60 kstar leopard shoes. They're nice, but not that nice.

Anyway, I never realized how tough it was to spend 500 Kstars. I figured I'd be done quickly but then I was like, do I want this or that and whatever. I think too much about the basics sometimes (I sometimes get PTSD opening a weekend gift box thinking how bummed I'll be if it's 4kash).

Anyway, finally finished and really happy! I had saved my Kstars for a throwback event thinking they'd be 60, so knowing right now it's an event and not a pick em made it helpful to do this.

167mebo.jpg

Rock on!

edit: my other purchases I put in the fashion show thread.
    IOS

KaylaJ wrote: »
    I figured I'd be done quickly but then I was like, do I want this or that and whatever.

Lol I'm a picky shopper as well haha :D

What I usually do is that I mixed & matched new clothing with already owned clothing on my dolls so that way I can make a decision. When I'm completely satisfied with how I styled my dolls, then I purchased the new clothing & accessories for my dolls during V.I.P. events.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• Stardust1Stardust1 Registered Users 764 Posts
    Hello beautiful people!!. My dolls did well this weekend we had a fun time and got lots of kstars lol. There is no way I was going to pay 500 stars for a hair so Xime got the box with 4K, because that's life and then the purse meh...so I decided to give in and bought the Special offer and now we are obsessing over our Balmain clothes. Garrett's been doing a great job as a father so he went on and make some buying for the nursery and general baby items he stopped at the shoes' mark because the shorts are a hard limit lol.

All in all a good week.

My presentation at the congress went very well. I followed you guys' advice and just wrote down everything I was going to say and it actually made me be super relaxed at the time of speaking and answering questions. I even went and sent a summary for the next congress in San Diego to do an oral presentation in December lol...I'm sure I'll suffer equally as much by then but is worth the effort. So, thank you.
    Xime level 30
    Let's be KKH friends!
    XIME and JAX got married! See them in their celebration Here
    ^Congrats! Public speaking can be so scary, but if you're prepared for everything and the possible questions, it goes by quick!

Lol I'm a picky shopper as well haha :D

What I usually do is that I mixed & matched new clothing with already owned clothing on my dolls so that way I can make a decision. When I'm completely satisfied with how I styled my dolls, then I purchased the new clothing & accessories for my dolls during V.I.P. events.

Because I usually don't spend as much I have a to buy list, but I noticed later on I was doing the same as you. Esp when I opened another gift box and got the top and was like uhhhhhh. I had no idea what to do with it, so I mixed/matched and bought some hair and shoes to go with it.

I can be so indecisive I think one day I'm going to ask the forum to vote/help me. I have a pair of shoes I won from the Throwback Event that I am so unsure about. Maybe that'll be my plan next time!
    IOS

• tia_blesttia_blest Registered Users 65 Posts
    I'm kinda disappointed that the pink shoes is not even earnable.:(

Did you get the shoes? I didn't want the shoes but got them in the present. I wish there was a way to swap with other players items you received in boxes. Most of the stuff I've received I do not like and will never put on my doll.
    tia_blest wrote: »
    Did you get the shoes? I didn't want the shoes but got them in the present. I wish there was a way to swap with other players items you received in boxes. Most of the stuff I've received I do not like and will never put on my doll.

Yes luckily I've won the shoes for one of my dolls.☺

Yeah I think Glu should really implement a gifting/trading feature into the game. I would love to get rid of some clothing that I've won from previous events that I will never use on my dolls either.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Anyone who bought the Balmain pack received perk points?

I bought and didn't receive any, but maybe it was configured not to, just want to make sure.
    PM to add
    Naimonster wrote: »
    Anyone who bought the Balmain pack received perk points?

I bought and didn't receive any, but maybe it was configured not to, just want to make sure.

Over the weekend anything I did that was worth perk points didn't say so on my screen, until finally last night when I opened my daily gift box. Soooo, just like I started keeping a record of Achievements in a little notebook, I've started a record of perk points too. It's really not fair if you didn't get them for buying the Balmain set, and it should be worth plenty of points too. Except for the daily box last night--oh, and the one on Saturday night, I didn't get them for things I should have too. And also not right--the definitely-big-enough star pack I bought on Thursday for the weekend VIP event got me no perk points either. And as for Achievements, I got them only in two categories, which didn't reflect other things I did. As an example, my How I Roll Achievement is at level 11, 50%...but I only have a few cars and the jet--level 11 for me is wrong, illustrating something's up with that whole section also. One of my Achievements goes back and forth from 54% to 51% to 54% to 51%...what the heck?? You need to get perk points for the special purchase; imo that would be so wrong if you don't. Maybe it was just forgotten, to set the perk system up that way...?
  • Stardust1Stardust1 Registered Users 764 Posts
    isabeau wrote: »
    Over the weekend anything I did that was worth perk points didn't say so on my screen, until finally last night when I opened my daily gift box. Soooo, just like I started keeping a record of Achievements in a little notebook, I've started a record of perk points too. It's really not fair if you didn't get them for buying the Balmain set, and it should be worth plenty of points too. Except for the daily box last night--oh, and the one on Saturday night, I didn't get them for things I should have too. And also not right--the definitely-big-enough star pack I bought on Thursday for the weekend VIP event got me no perk points either. And as for Achievements, I got them only in two categories, which didn't reflect other things I did. As an example, my How I Roll Achievement is at level 11, 50%...but I only have a few cars and the jet--level 11 for me is wrong, illustrating something's up with that whole section also. One of my Achievements goes back and forth from 54% to 51% to 54% to 51%...what the heck?? You need to get perk points for the special purchase; imo that would be so wrong if you don't. Maybe it was just forgotten, to set the perk system up that way...?

I didn't think it would give me perk points, after all is a purchase of a special offer and not a kstar package. When the update came out I bought the little package and they had it in 30% discount, that did give me perk points as it should have given the instructions. So I think that is within the rules.

With the achivements I agree. Garrett bought a 15k top last night and instead of gaining percentage on the achivement-meter he lost 3% :(. Is like the system got messed up after the update because it had never happened before.
    Xime level 30
    Let's be KKH friends!
    XIME and JAX got married! See them in their celebration Here
  • daffodildaffodil Registered Users 603 Posts
    The event gig is still on my list of goals, shouldn't it disappear when the event ended?
    hackers can burn in hell
    daffodil wrote: »
    The event gig is still on my list of goals, shouldn't it disappear when the event ended?

No, it'll stay there till you do it. But if you don't do it during an event you won't get the points.
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    I just did my writers conference gig, no one talked inside the gig, I finished with 5 Stars, and didn't get a call for the 2nd gig. I hope this doesn't cause bloackage later one. But probably the game has that factored in. I souldn't worry....yet. lol. No seriously others have skipped a VIP event gigs, and gotten no problems. Because during VIP weekends, the event tasks don't have any extra payout, no event points, because there is no earner event. You buy your way to the top.

I wouldn't suggest not doing the event tasks during any Event weekend when your event tasks pay out in event points. Just my opinion. But I think we're safe in this case. :) And when the weekend event is over, just do the task and clear it off your deck. That's what I did. :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary