Options

Latest 5.0 update problems

Krystal91Krystal91 Registered Users 2 Posts
I am currently level 30 and have completed all tasks in the game. Since the latest update I have been unable to transfer my game from my iphone 6 to ipad 5. I was able to do this frequently as I change devices at the weekend. I back up my icloud from my phone and when I would load the game on my ipad it would ask if I wanted to load saved data from my icloud. This no longer happens, anyone have a theory on this?

Also I have not received the new celebrity rival task with the trip to Cannes. As I said before, I have completed all tasks within the game. Anyone know when this may come out for me? I am currently in the UK so I do not know if that makes a difference, but I would really appreciate some help on this.

Many Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,114 Posts
    Hi. Welcome to the forum, sorry you are having problems. When you said you change devices on Weekends, this warning, came to mind:

IMPORTANT NOTES:

- This feature is NOT meant for cross-device play. It was intended to allow you to port an old game to a new device.

- If you continue to play on your old device after transferring your game to the new device you may experience data loss.

- Please play on one device at a time and only delete the game from the old device after you're happy with its performance on the new device!

Since you're suddenly having issues, I would suggest you submit a ticket to customer care, although I'm afraid they'll tell you no to switch back and forth between devices. This could very well be the reason you haven't triggered the Rivals task. I found the above info here.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts
    Hi Krystal you're definitely not the only one with the iCloud issue - this happened to me recently when redownloading the game and I have read a lot of similar reports on here. I know that glu will say there is no guarantee of getting game data back if you delete or transfer, but nevertheless the saved game prompt has *always* been there on my iOS devices and now is completely absent. I'm not sure about why, at first I thought it might be a conscious decision by glu as a preventative measure, maybe something to do with hacking but I don't think they've changed the directions for transferring games to a new device if there is a change. It could either be a glitch or a problem with iOS 9.3.
    GC: { Lucyxx }
  • Options
    I'll tell you what I know about this, when the update first came out, and there were a few reports of the game not saving, Glu asked for that infomation, and has been looking into it as far as I know. They don't announce everything they're doing, but when I'm asked for the info so they can find out what's happening, I have to think they're working on it. I do know that now in Settings, you're urged to manually set it to back up. I haven't needed to access or change devices recently, so I haven't tried. I'll try to find that info again.

But tbh, if Glu suggest you don't switch back and forth, maybe they know what they're talking about? (Totally off topic Lucy is is wonderful to see you back. Big Hugs :) )
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    I've never gotten a "save game prompt." But I have my iPhone set to back up every night, so it's saved in iCloud *and* Game Center. After I deleted K&K, for example, I waited a month hoping issues had been resolved; went to the App Store and tapped the iCloud save, which downloaded my game exactly where I had stopped, and I got the Game Center save as well, which gave even more of my saved game. I have to delete it again because it's still a nightmare, but I know my above-mentioned methods work. GL, I hope everybody gets their correct game back.
  • Options
    I said Manually instead of manually set to. It's been fixed, thanks :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Krystal91Krystal91 Registered Users 2 Posts
    Thank you guys for your replies. Sorry I haven't been able to get online. I'm glad I'm not the only one with issues. I guess it's a waiting game now for the rivals. Defiantly finished all tasks.
  • Options
    Awesome news. Now you're better than me, because each game has 3 tasks waiting for completion. lol. :) Hope your get your rivals now. Otherwise...send in a ticket to customer care, and come back and let us now.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary