Weekend Event 5/27/2016 -Red, White and Working for the Weekend - Happy Memorial Day

Comments

• Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    my daily box gave me 12 stars and I feel like it's a sign to try for the purple pants but I only have one shot. Has anyone glimpsed a pattern for their placement yet?
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Andrzej_S. wrote: »
    my daily box gave me 12 stars and I feel like it's a sign to try for the purple pants but I only have one shot. Has anyone glimpsed a pattern for their placement yet?

My boxes didn't have the pants at all. Vats' and Peter's boxes didn't have the pants too.
    PM to add
  • CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    Naimonster wrote: »
    Is the special person at "friend" level with you? I followed everything, I'm so frustrated at myself lol...

Close friend. I've only gotten the bonus once, and now the time is up.

Andrzej, here's my box:
    Charli wrote: »
    s0cEevE.png
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • MeganKatieMeganKatie Registered Users 70 Posts
    So I've was grinding to try and get the top! I'm not even halfway to getting the skirt, it seems like I'm not going to be able to get it. I've been doing reality gigs but it doesn't help when your contacts disappear! Hopefully Glu will sort that out soon.

How's everyone else's progress?
  • LantsPanceLantsPance Registered Users 998 Posts
    My pallette.

OP8iJh.png
    Daily iOS KKH player
  • SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    LOL Fin :p:p
    Fin wrote: »
    OMG, I'm so sorry. I misread it and what it actually said was that my inbox is full. Not yours. Sorry :p
    Vats, I chose work over Khloe and I also got the 50 bonus points at the end! Guess there was no wrong decisions this time :)
    Vats wrote: »
    Ok I completed the weekend gigs and apparently I chose the 'right' path by choosing go with Khloe at the last gig, cause I earned 50 extra points at the end. Hope this helps anyone that still have to choose:)
  • KokoBelleKokoBelle Registered Users 73 Posts
    SugarK wrote: »
    Vats, I chose work over Khloe and I also got the 50 bonus points at the end! Guess there was no wrong decisions this time :)

Thanks so much Vats and Sugar!
    Friend me on GC: :KokoBelle:
    Doll name: Coco Cox
    A+++ level 36
  • Stardust1Stardust1 Registered Users 764 Posts
    Naimonster wrote: »
    My boxes didn't have the pants at all. Vats' and Peter's boxes didn't have the pants too.

Here are Garrett's if it helps someone. The first one is one I opened before getting the free box...for some reason I got the feeling I needed to open the box and did and won the top. The second one is the free box .As you see he won the 50 energy but the pants were there.

Screenshot_2016-05-27-15-01-53-1.png

Screenshot_2016-05-28-00-36-42-1.png
    Xime level 30
    Let's be KKH friends!
    XIME and JAX got married! See them in their celebration Here
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Done!

q17ovu2.png?1

Another smooth one, since they implemented the advent of reality shows, 5-star events became easy. Too bad that I won't dress those unless we have a thematic thread for that, however wasn't a total waste cause the sandals are a new addition, not my style, but new things are always welcome.
    LantsPance wrote: »
    The second gig is the shoes one, right?

Yes Lants!

That's a good thing no one loses, but I don't know why they made us choose anyway:rolleyes:

Glad I could help you KokoBelle
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Stardust1Stardust1 Registered Users 764 Posts
    Omg...how can you be done so fast?. I'm really understanding now how much procrastination I do on the weekend events lol...I 'm not even at the sandals mark.
    Xime level 30
    Let's be KKH friends!
    XIME and JAX got married! See them in their celebration Here
  • isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    Yeah, it always pays to do event gigs! I don't understand why so many people here skip them. The only time you should skip them is if it's a VIP weekend - only then are the event gigs a waste of energy. All other weekends - reality, professional, party, love - you really should do them. You get soooo many points from them.

Ikr??? That just makes no sense. I don't get why lots of people skip them. Always, always do the event gigs except for the VIPs. It's literally the best way to get the biggest payoff. I think the mandatory dates should give us a few stars too, you know? Just because. And because it would be nice to do that for us. They seem even more of a waste during events....And there should be more gifts added for husbands, wives, s/o's to give us too.
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Stardust1 wrote: »
    Omg...how can you be done so fast?. I'm really understanding now how much procrastination I do on the weekend events lol...I 'm not even at the sandals mark.

There is no secret, I start to grind along with when the event starts , then I keep coming back at every 4 hours until is done!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • tia_blesttia_blest Registered Users 65 Posts
    No mini update for me. No tappable banners like we had for easter, St Patricks day or valentines day. Is it coz i'm not in America?
    You're welcome :). Good luck to you!
    KokoBelle wrote: »
    Thanks so much Vats and Sugar!
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    What's really the difference between doing the reality shows gigs and SCL gigs for professional events? I think that if I only do 3 hrs episodes, I won't finish fast enough. Meanwhile, when I'm doing the the 8 hr gigs at SCL I'm actually seeing progress. So I think that I would rather much prefer to use SCL for (8 hr) gig events.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    Finally did it. Now I can finally sleeeeeeeeeep. Surprisingly, the SCL gig took more energy even with a VIP added on. But if you do an 8 hour Calabasas reality show with all VIPs as your guests. Then you only really need like 50 energies.

The trick is to acquire your VIP guests through a hangout in the LA apartment prior to your reality show taping. So on your reality show 8 hr gig that's four VIPs and then you hit all the VIPs bubbles, and then you hit create drama and banter, plus a few more and you are done. Do hangouts with any VIP, it doesn't matter. its free and they will do your project with you for a good five or six times. Don't make the costly mistake of adding them without a hangout prior. It will cost you each time and they will only do a gig with you that one time.

20qz2gx.jpg

This hair is like my five least favorite hairstyles in my closet. It reminds me of Jim Carrey in "Dumb and Dumber"
    GC: Zoë Strange
  • isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    Zoyechka wrote: »
    Finally did it. Now I can finally sleeeeeeeeeep. Surprisingly, the SCL gig took more energy even with a VIP added on. But if you do an 8 hour Calabasas reality show with all VIPs as your guests. Then you only really need like 50 energies.

The trick is to acquire your VIP guests through a hangout in the LA apartment prior to your reality show taping. So on your reality show 8 hr gig that's four VIPs and then you hit all the VIPs bubbles, and then you hit create drama and banter, plus a few more and you are done. Do hangouts with any VIP, it doesn't matter. its free and they will do your project with you for a good five or six times. Don't make the costly mistake of adding them without a hangout prior. It will cost you each time and they will only do a gig with you that one time.

20qz2gx.jpg

This hair is like my five least favorite hairstyles in my closet. It reminds me of Jim Carrey in "Dumb and Dumber"

I was thinking that hair was the same as Frankenstein's monster.
  • VidaBohemeVidaBoheme Registered Users 229 Posts
    What's really the difference between doing the reality shows gigs and SCL gigs for professional events? I think that if I only do 3 hrs episodes, I won't finish fast enough. Meanwhile, when I'm doing the the 8 hr gigs at SCL I'm actually seeing progress. So I think that I would rather much prefer to use SCL for (8 hr) gig events.

for me, one full energy bar does the 8hr SCL gig for 20 base points plus 1 for your guest. but the reality show, I can do two 3hr shows with 4 guests each, total base points end up being 32 (12 for the show plus 4 for each guests, then times two). hope that helps!
  • wolfandbutler2wolfandbutler2 Registered Users 351 Posts
    Carol if you search through my recent posts I broke down what 3 hour reality show gigs at Calabasas give you in terms of energy v points. It definitely works out better than 8 hour gigs at SCL.

I like the earnable hair. I think it's very Audrey Hepburn. :)
    GC: wolfandbutler2 /// IG: wolfandbutler.kkh
  • NQueen331NQueen331 Registered Users 577 Posts
    So, this is the first weekend where I was able to get everything. I'm really happy about that and so is my doll.

cTrEZ4ql.jpg

Also at the end of the event I chose to go with Khloe and got paid an extra 50 points. Can someone tell me what was the result of if you picked the opinion to work instead?
    Follow me on Instagram: @kkh.nubianqueen331
    If you would like to add me on Facebook please PM me.iOS Doll Name: Neko Lyon
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
    Reality Show: Life of a Lyonness (Top 400)
    Spouse: Max Mason (Top 50 Couples)
    If you do not like that the 40 K star gift boxes contain $4,000 Kash as a "prize," please visit this thread and share your opinion HERE
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Carol if you search through my recent posts I broke down what 3 hour reality show gigs at Calabasas give you in terms of energy v points. It definitely works out better than 8 hour gigs at SCL.

I like the earnable hair. I think it's very Audrey Hepburn. :)

Yes! Very Audrey Hepburn. In fact when Kim was in Paris before her wedding, she did a shoot on a bicycle to recreate a Hepburn series of pics.

3910361_oops-kim-kardashian-falls-off-bike--celebuzz_fd75f3f2_m.jpg?bg=A0A2A3

and a better look at the bangs?

Reality_star_Kim_K_1959472a.jpg

Yup, here's our hairstyle for the event. :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Your doll looks amazing NQueen :) I chose work instead of hanging with Khloe and I got the extra 50 points too YAAY!
    NQueen331 wrote: »
    So, this is the first weekend where I was able to get everything. I'm really happy about that and so is my doll.

Also at the end of the event I chose to go with Khloe and got paid an extra 50 points. Can someone tell me what was the result of if you picked the opinion to work instead?
    tia_blest wrote: »
    No mini update for me. No tappable banners like we had for easter, St Patricks day or valentines day. Is it coz i'm not in America?

No Memorial Day tappables, nor any mention of the Holiday. There are really only a handful of celebrated holidays that get mention, clothes or decorations in the game. If America gets the decos, everyone does. Over here, Memorial Day had come to signal the beginning of Summer (activities). Beaches open, outdoor fun begins as parks open, schools close for the summer and the whole celebration ends up more Party Time and less about the Memory of those who served the country, those who lost their lives.

For the 4th of July last year, I don't think we got tappables, but we got the patriotic event clothes. :) But rest assured, if we get it here in NY, you get it in Bulawayo. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary

cTrEZ4ql.jpg

Your Doll looks great. Last shot, that is the Celeb Perks hair? I need that hair. Do you remember how many perk points it was for the hair?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    6000 CP points for the hair Koko. Sadly I'm not there yet either :p
    Your Doll looks great. Last shot, that is the Celeb Perks hair? I need that hair. Do you remember how many perk points it was for the hair?
  • NQueen331NQueen331 Registered Users 577 Posts
    Your doll looks amazing NQueen :) I chose work instead of hanging with Khloe and I got the extra 50 points too YAAY!

Thanks! I appreciate it. I thought choosing to work instead of being there for Khloe would be the wrong choice, but I guess it didn't matter.
    Follow me on Instagram: @kkh.nubianqueen331
    If you would like to add me on Facebook please PM me.iOS Doll Name: Neko Lyon
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
    Reality Show: Life of a Lyonness (Top 400)
    Spouse: Max Mason (Top 50 Couples)
    If you do not like that the 40 K star gift boxes contain $4,000 Kash as a "prize," please visit this thread and share your opinion HERE
    You're welcome :) I was worried too, especially after I chose and then saw someone post that they got the extra points for choosing Khloe but I guess it didn't matter this time!
    Thanks! I appreciate it. I thought choosing to work instead of being there for Khloe would be the wrong choice, but I guess it didn't matter.
  • LantsPanceLantsPance Registered Users 998 Posts
    Sorry for my lack of posts, friends! I attended a wedding yesterday for a close friend of mine from high school so I wasn't on my phone much! It was so beautiful and she made a gorgeous bride!

I hope all of you are progressing well on the event! I finished today!! I wonder what next week will hold since we're out of previews. :D
    Daily iOS KKH player
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    fuwawy.jpg

I copied Kim copying Audrey, though I couldn't find pants that really matched the shirts. I guess I copied Kim copying Audrey but washed my shirt too much and it faded :)
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College