2nd Anniversary Update Surprise Throwback Event

Comments

• Jd45313Jd45313 Registered Users 53 Posts
    Ah ok thanks, well I haven't seen them in my boxes yet :( Guess I'll keep my fingers crossed.
  • stephk11stephk11 Registered Users 139 Posts
    Well, it had to happen. I got the green feather boa in my third box. But I'll keep Koko's advice in mind, and remember that the boa is out of the way now. My first two boxes were dresses, and I was feeling like I was on such a roll. Then BAM - boa. Fourth box was a pair of hohum shoes.

Nai - I have yet to see the fangs, either. I'd love to get those!
  • JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    Has anyone seen or heard anything about the weekend event? With all this new stuff, I almost forgot about it. If I missed the thread for it, I am sorry!
  • cocofabulouscocofabulous Registered Users 442 Posts
    Julesmo wrote: »
    Has anyone seen or heard anything about the weekend event? With all this new stuff, I almost forgot about it. If I missed the thread for it, I am sorry!

We have to wait for the mini update to get spoilers. I'm sure it's coming soon! :)
    GC: Coco Fabulous
  • LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    Spoiler for the girls!!

image_zpsdlzmq2gt.jpeg
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Omfg all the giftbox items <3 I must have them, nobody stops me!!
    PM to add
  • cocofabulouscocofabulous Registered Users 442 Posts
    Haaaaaaair!!
    GC: Coco Fabulous
  • KatePillgrimKatePillgrim Registered Users 884 Posts
    OMG I want EVERYTHING from the boxes!!!!!
    But I have to save up for lips and eyes :(:(:(
    Please guys do we know FOR SURE that NARS items are f o r e v e r in the game? And that they won't be gone after a month?
    I know that this is a stupid question (since all product placement items are in the game still) but I want to get them, so I really need someone to confirm this to me and calm me down :confused::confused:
    My name is Kate. Playing since 2014 *whew*
    I want to be your in-game friend! Please add me on Facebook:

• KeemKeem Registered Users 357 Posts
    Omg the gift box items... I already spent so much kstar on this update... why does ombre hair always have to be box items... v.v
    I'll hope to be lucky.
    Thank you for the spoiler!
  • isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    Jd45313 wrote: »
    I'm sorry if I missed this somewhere, but does anyone know if the Glamm Squad eyes and lips are in the throwback boxes?

I saw 2 people on Instagram who said they have won them but I was wondering if they might be photoshopped? It's a little odd that 2 people have "won" them but nobody has missed them?

I've seen exactly one of each so they're obviously rare.
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    LindaVB wrote: »
    Spoiler for the girls!!

image_zpsdlzmq2gt.jpeg

that hair, that jacket, and i'll probably get some puffy shirt

anyway, 4th box, you sometimes see things so much you just know you'll pick it soon and sure enough, the green skirt. it's not horrible, but the slit bothers me

ofrme0.jpg
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Linda, the spoilers wouldn't post into the Event Thread. Could you repost them there? Woo Hoo Gotta Chase that hair!
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • krystalkrystal Registered Users 235 Posts
    OMG I want EVERYTHING from the boxes!!!!!
    But I have to save up for lips and eyes :(:(:(
    Please guys do we know FOR SURE that NARS items are f o r e v e r in the game? And that they won't be gone after a month?
    I know that this is a stupid question (since all product placement items are in the game still) but I want to get them, so I really need someone to confirm this to me and calm me down :confused::confused:

I'm assuming they're only for a month? I mean the NARS announcement thing in my game has a countdown below it for 29 days. Idk if that's for the items or purely for the announcement though.
    krystal wrote: »
    I'm assuming they're only for a month? I mean the NARS announcement thing in my game has a countdown below it for 29 days. Idk if that's for the items or purely for the announcement though.

Yeah, but all the other special additions (like Karl Lagerfeld, Spring, etc) had this announcement too. And they are still here. Signs show that the eyes and lips are here to stay like other product placement items, but I am still very nervous (still remember how they removed Halloween costumes).

So can anyone tell me is there a way to know for sure?

And the spoiler for the guys!

image_zpscwizjd0m.jpeg
    Linda

#KKH4Life
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    that box hair for the guys, oh la la!
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
    In the past, the items....Balmailn, Liebler purses, Karl....All these things stayed in the wardrobe for purchase (only things ever taken away were this years Halloween costumes. I waffled on the knee socks and shoes, so my Wednesday Addams costume isn't complete) but the month countdown usually meant that the link to Springs, or the others or Nars website will be there for the month and go away, but the items will remain. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Linda, the spoilers wouldn't post into the Event Thread. Could you repost them there? Woo Hoo Gotta Chase that hair!

So sorry, did not notice the event thread! Will repost them there!
    Linda

#KKH4Life
  • katiealexandraakatiealexandraa Registered Users 1,171 Posts
    I had to start the throwback event a day late and I've had to work, so I only had time to get 3/4 of the boxes. I restarted my game a couple months ago, so ~technically~ I missed out on A TON of event items. I swear, 95% of the throwback boxes I open are accessories/purses - I want the pretty clothes!
    *forgot to take a picture of the first one, but it was a big black purse!
    IMG_0605.jpg
    IMG_0606.jpg
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
    ♔ Instagram: katiealexandraa.kkh 
    Oh no prob, I was making it and saw the pics, and grabbed the header from the teaser (cameras rolling) so It's all good. I love that hair, did I mention that? Must. Have. The.Hair.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    In the past, the items....Balmailn, Liebler purses, Karl....All these things stayed in the wardrobe for purchase (only things ever taken away were this years Halloween costumes. I waffled on the knee socks and shoes, so my Wednesday Addams costume isn't complete) but the month countdown usually meant that the link to Springs, or the others or Nars website will be there for the month and go away, but the items will remain. :)
    Ok, thank you lots, Koko, I feel calm now :) I can splurge on boxes and the eyes and lips will have to wait...

I'm all for spending stars, but I want big bang for the buck. I totally splurge buy whenever there is a VIP. So much so, I go over the max for the outfit. :) I want some of the new Nars, but....it's expensive, so I want to do it when there is another benefit involved. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • LantsPanceLantsPance Registered Users 998 Posts
    Hey, y'all. I was snooping on Instagram and saw someone who said that they were messing with the time on their phone and ended up seeing another Throwback event that we will have in the future and that there was the option to buy another box for 60 k-stars.
    Daily iOS KKH player
  • wolfandbutler2wolfandbutler2 Registered Users 351 Posts
    LantsPance wrote: »
    Hey, y'all. I was snooping on Instagram and saw someone who said that they were messing with the time on their phone and ended up seeing another Throwback event that we will have in the future and that there was the option to buy another box for 60 k-stars.
    I hope that's true and that they're not messing with us! This is what I've been asking for!
    GC: wolfandbutler2 /// IG: wolfandbutler.kkh
  • LantsPanceLantsPance Registered Users 998 Posts
    I hope that's true and that they're not messing with us! This is what I've been asking for!

It shows two of her TB boxes open, so I can only hope that it is true, as well.
    Daily iOS KKH player
  • LenochkaLenochka Registered Users 179 Posts
    I just opened my second throwback box and I had the option to open a second one for 60KStars so yeah it's already true, well in my case anyway.
    My Doll's Name is 🌸Kara🌸
    Level 42 - A+++
    Platform: iOS
  • NQueen331NQueen331 Registered Users 577 Posts
    Finally finished with the weekend event. My doll's boxes contained all outfits, so I wasn't disappointed.

Box One was a red, black and white Halloween costume. I'm really lovin' it!
    Box Two was a beautiful purple gown. I was really glad for this one b/c purple is my favorite color.
    Box Three a white top and skirt. Not too bad.
    Box Four was this cute pink genie outfit. I was super happy to get this one b/c I missed it last week.
    Box Five was a surprise. After getting all four boxes an option showed up to open another box for 60 K Stars and I thought why not, I'll do it just this once and got this pretty black top and skirt.

All-in-all I have to say this was one my best TB events.

luh9YrOl.jpg
    Follow me on Instagram: @kkh.nubianqueen331
    If you would like to add me on Facebook please PM me.iOS Doll Name: Neko Lyon
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
    Reality Show: Life of a Lyonness (Top 400)
    Spouse: Max Mason (Top 50 Couples)
    If you do not like that the 40 K star gift boxes contain $4,000 Kash as a "prize," please visit this thread and share your opinion HERE
  • Bebod61Bebod61 Registered Users 26 Posts
    I'm all for spending stars, but I want big bang for the buck. I totally splurge buy whenever there is a VIP. So much so, I go over the max for the outfit. :) I want some of the new Nars, but....it's expensive, so I want to do it when there is another benefit involved. :)

This is where I am about the Nars items as well. I really like the 100 kstar eyes and the 120 kstar lips, but I'm going to hope that I can get them during a VIP event. I'd certainly hope that there will be a VIP weekend during the anniversary month.

That being said, as a newer player, this has been my best throwback event yet. I recently acquired the Calabassas home and it has Changed. My. Game. I was able to get to the 3rd box, which has never happened for me before, and one of my boxes was a dress that I've seen on other dolls and have LOVED, so I'm really excited about that. I'll try to post pictures later.
    Add me on Game center: Bebod61
    My dolls are KKH - Paisley Lane and K&K - Nova
  • oh_ollyoh_olly Registered Users 21 Posts
    Jd45313 wrote: »
    I'm sorry if I missed this somewhere, but does anyone know if the Glamm Squad eyes and lips are in the throwback boxes?

I saw 2 people on Instagram who said they have won them but I was wondering if they might be photoshopped? It's a little odd that 2 people have "won" them but nobody has missed them?

Won the eyes yesterday, check post #111 here :)
    iOS player on the 3rd comeback
    new friends are always welcome!:p
    GC: oh_olly
  • krystalkrystal Registered Users 235 Posts
    Lenochka wrote: »
    I just opened my second throwback box and I had the option to open a second one for 60KStars so yeah it's already true, well in my case anyway.
    NQueen331 wrote: »
    Box Five was a surprise. After getting all four boxes an option showed up to open another box for 60 K Stars and I thought why not, I'll do it just this once and got this pretty black top and skirt.

Why are some people getting the option to buy extra boxes to open? That's hardly fair? If some people get it everyone should get it.