Feedback on "Comeback" quest

Comments

• SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    Just wanted to say hi and welcome Jlrxo :) As Koko mentioned, you don't lose anything except your fans so go for it! I would suggest leaving the love guru for your last comeback as it seems to give the least useful special action :p I did money maker first, then the fashion one and love guru last. Hope that helps and good luck! :)
    Jlrxo wrote: »
    Hi, little bit of a lurker here...
    I have read through several pages of this thread trying to get my answer but can't seem to find what I'm looking for so I'll ask instead and hope someone reads this thread occasionally!
    I think this might be a stupid question but when you start your first comeback does anything happen to your current gigs and quests etc? I am quite backed up on gigs but really want to start my first comeback asap but I'm worried I will lose storyline gigs or miss out on ones I haven't got to yet!
  • JlrxoJlrxo Registered Users 37 Posts
    SugarK wrote: »
    Just wanted to say hi and welcome Jlrxo :) As Koko mentioned, you don't lose anything except your fans so go for it! I would suggest leaving the love guru for your last comeback as it seems to give the least useful special action :p I did money maker first, then the fashion one and love guru last. Hope that helps and good luck! :)

Thank you Koko and SugarK for your help and advice! I am going to start my first comeback today now, as I've been putting off asking anyone for about a month haha! One last question, I still don't have this weeks throwback but if I do get it will starting my comeback mess that up or was that only an issue with the first throwback after the update? Thank you :)
    As far as I know, that glitch was fixed and not a problem any more :)
    Jlrxo wrote: »
    Thank you Koko and SugarK for your help and advice! I am going to start my first comeback today now, as I've been putting off asking anyone for about a month haha! One last question, I still don't have this weeks throwback but if I do get it will starting my comeback mess that up or was that only an issue with the first throwback after the update? Thank you :)
  • JlrxoJlrxo Registered Users 37 Posts
    As far as I know, that glitch was fixed and not a problem any more :)

Thanks for your help SugarK, I am going to start my first comeback shortly, very exciting haha :)
  • NQueen331NQueen331 Registered Users 577 Posts
    After I finished the comeback gig and my game came out, Kim tweeted this and it gave me a chuckle.

b3XrSLbl.jpg

Willow was obviously upset that she didn't get the game and that her character's name was Minnow Sape. This was the first time she tweeted something that helped me gain fans.

YfLQyDul.jpg

After doing an interview with Ray on why I dropped from Hollywood status, I told him I was in rehab and he tweeted this:

uHIxz0Ol.jpg
    Follow me on Instagram: @kkh.nubianqueen331
    If you would like to add me on Facebook please PM me.iOS Doll Name: Neko Lyon
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
    Reality Show: Life of a Lyonness (Top 400)
    Spouse: Max Mason (Top 50 Couples)
    If you do not like that the 40 K star gift boxes contain $4,000 Kash as a "prize," please visit this thread and share your opinion HERE
  • tia_blesttia_blest Registered Users 65 Posts
    Can anyone tell me... when you start a comeback, do all your maxed out achievements restart too? It would be a big incentive for me if they do.
    Hi Tia. The only thing affected is your fans. You lose all your fans except 1, everything else stays the same including your achievements :)
    tia_blest wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me... when you start a comeback, do all your maxed out achievements restart too? It would be a big incentive for me if they do.
    Hi Tia. The only thing affected is your fans. You lose all your fans except 1, everything else stays the same including your achievements :)

:( would've liked to redo the achievements side of it too as I think I wasted a lot of kstars unnecessarily instead of saving them up and they were the best way to get free kstars.
    Thanks anyway for your help.
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Hi guys. I cleaned up the thread, while a number of good points were made, Speaking from experience, painkillers can alter judgement.

In the future, please pm me, and let me know when the chat takes a turn like that, and althought I know it's hard, don't reply to an offending post, pm me or report it.

Everyone Please don't be rude, everyone has their own feelings about the game and aspects of it, and they all have the right to their feelings. But no rudeness, no condescending remarks, and unless you're Glu, Administrative or Moderation personnel, pleae don't tell other people what to post, and no derision.

We all enjoyed the SCL exploit ( in this case an unintentional bug that gave players unfair advantage in the game) while it lasted, but we knew they'd fix it when they got a minute. THe fact that we enjoyed it for so long tells me they were busy designing new features to plug it.

But no recrimination for those who are really bummed about it. So, if a post of yours was deleted, and you know you posted nothing wrong, understand it was just for a clean sweep. ANd, lets have some patience for someone medicated like that.

But please remember.....rudeness will not be tolerated, And, all Glu personnel, admins and mods have that title under their name. Anyone else can be ignored, and reported. But try not to take the bait. So, ignore problematic posts and pm me so I can clean up. :) Thanks and I'm sorry this happened tia_blest. Now I'll backtrack and see why this is even in the comeback thread.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    tia_blest wrote: »

From time to time, Glu raises limits and increases levels, and develops new categorys for acheivements. And when that happens, apparently anything we racked up after hitting the max, spills into the raised limit, or corresponding new level of acheivment and it's like Christmas all over again. You don't lose any of the points, they just sit there waiting for a place to go. As a result, often times when an update is released our games spew out all kinds of rewards for the things achieved while you were maxxed out.

If they reset the achievments, then you'd always be grinding for a star here, or a star there, as opposed to 10 Stars in a higher level achievement.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    From time to time, Glu raises limits and increases levels, and develops new categorys for acheivements. And when that happens, apparently anything we racked up after hitting the max, spills into the raised limit, or corresponding new level of acheivment and it's like Christmas all over again. You don't lose any of the points, they just sit there waiting for a place to go. As a result, often times when an update is released our games spew out all kinds of rewards for the things achieved while you were maxxed out.

If they reset the achievments, then you'd always be grinding for a star here, or a star there, as opposed to 10 Stars in a higher level achievement.

Thank you kokokokonut. When you explain it like that it seems a better option.
    I didn't know that happened till last fall. I my level meter said MAX, and I just assumed I wasn't being credited for anything till the levels were increased. A week or so later a big update came, and when I opened the game, xp, energy, cash and even stars rained down across the screen and it was like the jackpot in Vegas. And my new level was nearly half filled. So, they were accumulating, just had no where to go, and when that aspect of the game increases, all your rewards funnel into the raised achievements.

So in the long run, you never want to lose any experience with a comeback. Lets say you had 98 5Star photoshoots. You only need 2 more to receive the reward for 100 gigs. If you reset everything, you'd have to do 100 5Star photoshoots to get the reward as opposed to 2 more 5Star Gigs.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Skeeter513Skeeter513 Registered Users 26 Posts
    Hi all! I'm on my first comeback and level 33...but it seems like I've got nothing to do. Simon only calls with the basic "time filler" gigs...is this normal? Is anyone else just kinda stuck with nothing to do? Thanks!
  • krystalkrystal Registered Users 235 Posts
    Is the comeback quest literally just the few gigs for making your dolls mobile game? Or it there more to it than that. Cause otherwise it seems kinda lame..
  • KeemKeem Registered Users 357 Posts
    krystal wrote: »
    Is the comeback quest literally just the few gigs for making your dolls mobile game? Or it there more to it than that. Cause otherwise it seems kinda lame..

You get the one questline about your app game.
    Comebacks are worth it for the permanent +3 energy, clothing item, and (sometimes) to bonus tap spot
  • LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    Skeeter513 wrote: »
    Hi all! I'm on my first comeback and level 33...but it seems like I've got nothing to do. Simon only calls with the basic "time filler" gigs...is this normal? Is anyone else just kinda stuck with nothing to do? Thanks!

Yeah, that's normal when you're through all the quests. I'd recommend doing parties as they give you the most fans for your energy so you can climb the ranks back up quicker.
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • SerendipitySerendipity Registered Users 253 Posts
    I just started my second comeback at level 35, and I am finally getting the Jen and Mario quest. I havent had anything to do aside from the random calls from Simon to do this or that, until today. This gives me just a fraction of a glimmer of hope. I hope.
    "Art...a result of the frustration with being normal..."
  • Hollywood.LovestoryHollywood.Lovestory Registered Users 10 Posts
    About how long did it take you guys to complete a comeback? (Getting back to #1) I'm just trying to get a general idea. I really wanna go for but I'm afraid it'll take forever to get my spot back lol
    GC: Hollywood.Lovestory

"Some girls are just born with glitter in their veins!"-Paris Hilton
    Hollywood, I moved your post from Support. And please don't bump old threads, especially in support, when you are looking for opinion. I've done the comebacks on all 3 games, I'll take a look at old screenshots in a little while, and try and get a rough estimate.

But different players will have different answers. Someone who plays one game and plays it all the time, will be different from someone with more than one game, or different playing habits. A member who only plays an hour a day will post that it took them 6 months to reach the top again, and an addicted player will post "2 months. I took the comeback at Thanksgiving and by Valentines Day, I was back." So, it's a very subjective question. (plus, you'll get a lot more answers here than in support. I just gave you the support answer. Now lets hear from real players.

Guys....and Dolls....how long did it take to reach #1 again?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    Hi Hollywood.Lovestory,

My first game took me 4 months from starting the game to #1 A+++. (I admit, I have no life. :()
    I did it right away each time I got the offer to do the comeback. I was like, if you will lose the fan again anyway (if you plan on doing all three), you might as well do it right away. So I basically ignored the storyline gigs and only threw parties except for weekend events. During my third comeback, the reality show update came up. They gained fans just as much as throwing parties (or even a bit more). I did reality shows for almost all events (VIP, professional, throwback). So my third comeback went super fast. But now with the most recent reality show update, it's all different. We don't gain fans by doing reality shows anymore.

I started my second game after my first game reached #1 A+++. Comparing my two games, I noticed a drawback of ignoring storyline gig strategy. It seems like the longer I postpone doing the storyline gigs, the fewer fans I gain (in general, no matter it's a gig, party or reality show). Because my level 20s game gains more fans/reality show viewers than my level 30s game. I'm not sure if this is the case to everyone or it's random. Therefore I'm going to go slow on my second game (started about a month ago, just hit #150 A+). I'm doing the storyline gigs as soon as they become available and throw parties in between gigs. Hope this helps. :)
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
    I have to say ignoring storyline is not the best advice If you put off Storyline quest, you are very likely to become blocked. Then you'll be writing asking why you not getting event guests, or other quests.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I have to say ignoring storyline is not the best advice If you put off Storyline quest, you are very likely to become blocked. Then you'll be writing asking why you not getting event guests, or other quests.

That's a great point. Good to know. I recently read about your post regarding Jen & Mario' VIP unlock and I don't have them on my VIP list yet. The last one I unlocked was Andre Leon Talley. I'm now trying to do all the past weekend gigs and hoping to unlock VIP Jen and Mario. (I heard that it was a weekend event when they were introduced?)
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    Ok, they came after ALT. so, keep doing them and you'll have Mario and Jen in no time.:)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Ok, they came after ALT. so, keep doing them and you'll have Mario and Jen in no time.:)

Oh good, I'm not too far away. Thank you so much for the info! :)
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    remember I am someone who is always playing. And time is relevent. Pretty soon we'll be able to look in the KK:H Event Encyclopedia and see how far they are from each other. You can check the thread anyway it's a work in progress. I'll also try and advanced search. I just spent half an hour in a bubble bath, so I'm very chill right now. unless something is blowing up somewhere on the forum, I'll brb with a couple of links.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • jlcook095jlcook095 Registered Users 10 Posts
    I just started my second comeback quest this week. Around Friday night of last week, (prior to my 2nd comeback quest), I landed a product placement opportunity for my reality shows. However, as soon as I started comeback #2, my product placement was removed from my home. I've looked all through the Glu support questions and the forum threads but can't find anything referencing why this occurred. Has anyone else experienced this?
  • zahidula3zahidula3 Registered Users 1 Posts
    I love the comeback thing, but after I do this I dont receive the new gigs, so its kind of frustrating. Please, fix this!
  • isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    zahidula3 wrote: »
    I love the comeback thing, but after I do this I dont receive the new gigs, so its kind of frustrating. Please, fix this!

Hi zahidula! You don't give much info here, but what I can tell you is this: Only the first comeback you do gives you a new storyline--the one where you get your own game app. When you do the next two, neither of them will give you a new storyline and you just continue to play as you normally do. If you have a different type of problem or I didn't answer your question as needed, just post a reply giving a little more info about the problem(s) you're having and I'll bet someone else here can help you.:)
  • AngelaLaurenAngelaLauren Registered Users 714 Posts
    Just a random question... Do the special comeback actions reset after an hour like the contact action does? I just started my first comeback the other day and I can't quite figure it out.
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Just a random question... Do the special comeback actions reset after an hour like the contact action does? I just started my first comeback the other day and I can't quite figure it out.

I don't think it works that way. It's like the other actions, once you've tapped on other actions, it'll appear again.
    PM to add