So Chic San Diego - Rant and a Question

KatePillgrimKatePillgrim Registered Users 884 Posts
So I've just bought So Chic in San Diego, and I did this because for some reason I was sure that we can do as many gigs there as we want and get a KStar every time. But after I completed that 8 hour appearance there Mia disappeared after telling me that she will be back in a week. What the hell? Why would I pay 25 KStars for that store if I had to wait A WEEK to gain a SINGLE KSTAR and 500$? This is so unfair, especially since now we can't do So Chic London gigs as many times as we want.
I'm very disappointed. If I knew that it was like that, I would never go near that store. But I have a question:
Mia said that if you fully furnish the store, you'll gain 2 KStars per gig and 1000$. But will I be able to do multiple gigs after that too or I would still have to wait a week?
If anyone knows, please answer.
My name is Kate. Playing since 2014 *whew*
I want to be your in-game friend! Please add me on Facebook:

Comments

• ofortunaofortuna Registered Users 137 Posts
    Yeah...I noticed that too it's not cool at all!! I don't think Ill furnish the entire store, but I hope someone here does this weekend and can tell you!
  • CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    My store is fully furnished, it only doubles the profit. The cool down period is still a week.
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • KatePillgrimKatePillgrim Registered Users 884 Posts
    Charli wrote: »
    My store is fully furnished, it only doubles the profit. The cool down period is still a week.

Thank you so much for the answer, Charli!

Well, this is disappointing. I had to rather save that stars for NARS items.

• kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    I haven't done any SC SD gigs yet, I wanted to wait for the VIP to furnish the store, If you furnish the store I'm pretty sure you still have to wait the week to do the gig again. And since the only option is an 8 hour gig, I probably won't do the gig till the weekend is over. I try to stay away from 8 hour gigs when you earn a star for each 5Star gig.

As far as SCL, how upset can we really be that Glu fixed what was a bug in the program. When it hurts the players, we want Glu to fix things, so when the bug hurts Glu naturally they're going to fix that as well. Do we miss the unfixed SCL? Sure do, but the way it's structured, being able to do it every 3 days is good. :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Did Glu ever mentioned SCL was a bug? :confused:

Kate, I agree this is disappointing.
    PM to add
  • CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,492 Posts
    I totally get your frustration. The game has a lot to rant about recently. I'm still not over the fact that they made SCL pretty much useless. SC SD is also just a scam. Then all the Android issues every week. I'm really sad that Glu creates such a negative atmosphere in the game right now.
  • katiealexandraakatiealexandraa Registered Users 1,171 Posts
    I was waiting for the VIP to buy SC SD... but now I don't think I will! Having to wait a week for $500 and 1 kstar is not worth it and honestly a little ridiculous considering you need to complete an 8-hour event! At least the payout for SCL is better, and waiting 3 days is better than 7. If they are going to make you wait a week, I would much rather have something like the Downtown LA store or Hamptons where you just get your $1000. If you have to wait a week AND do an 8-hour event, the payout should be much bigger than those. As it stands right now, it is definitely not worth it! Anyways, thanks for posting and helping me make up mind to not buy it!
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
    ♔ Instagram: katiealexandraa.kkh 
  • NQueen331NQueen331 Registered Users 577 Posts
    I would also like thank you guys for helping me make the decision on not to buy SC SD as well. After reading all the comments about it, it seems like a rip off the have to buy it for 25 K stars and pretty much get nothing in return.
    Follow me on Instagram: @kkh.nubianqueen331
    If you would like to add me on Facebook please PM me.iOS Doll Name: Neko Lyon
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
    Reality Show: Life of a Lyonness (Top 400)
    Spouse: Max Mason (Top 50 Couples)
    If you do not like that the 40 K star gift boxes contain $4,000 Kash as a "prize," please visit this thread and share your opinion HERE
  • KatePillgrimKatePillgrim Registered Users 884 Posts
    Katie, NQueen, you are very welcome. I wish I were not the one to make this thread but oh well!

• VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    So we need 25 weeks to start to make profit? That's what 6 months? No thanks...

Hope they reconsider and give an option to buy it with money, that would be a better trade...

I'll just buy it with k-star if Maria give a good discount with the luxe goals.
    Naimonster wrote: »
    Did Glu ever mentioned SCL was a bug? :confused:.

I never heard that too, for me was always like a feature poorly prepared that started to generate loss for them so they pulled back.

In my country that kind of attitude from a company configures a crime!:p
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • VidaBohemeVidaBoheme Registered Users 229 Posts
    Vats wrote: »
    So we need 25 weeks to start to make profit? That's what 6 months? No thanks...

Hope they reconsider and give an option to buy it with money, that would be a better trade...

I'll just buy it with k-star if Maria give a good discount with the luxe goals.

I never heard that too, for me was always like a feature poorly prepared that started to generate loss for them so they pulled back.

In my country that kind of attitude from a company configures a crime!:p

i just came to this realization too... I'm stuck making nothing out of that store until November.... ugh for a successful business woman, Vida sure as hell didn't think about this venture lol she just got way too excited with everything that came with the update.
  • SerendipitySerendipity Registered Users 253 Posts
    VidaBoheme wrote: »
    i just came to this realization too... I'm stuck making nothing out of that store until November.... ugh for a successful business woman, Vida sure as hell didn't think about this venture lol she just got way too excited with everything that came with the update.

Same. I honestly thought I was doing something smart by buying SC SD. Not really haha!
    "Art...a result of the frustration with being normal..."
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    While they never came out and said it was a glitch, we all thought it was, and they stopped it. So by wikipedia's definition of game exploits, how the developer treats the aspect giving unintended benefit to player helps determine whether it is a bug or a glitch. But, let's remembe back before SCL became a working shop. Week after week we'd complain that all we were getting during the weekends were 8 hour gigst, left over from storyline. Then SCL went from doing nothing to giving us attractive gigs for Earn a Star weekends. ANd, they plugged that hiccup, but only after giving us the Reality show. Which, at will, is available for 3 or 8 hour gigs. So, if you look at it like....ok they tinkered with scl, but gave us a darn good substitution in my mind. ANd the reality series isn't a bug, a glitch or an unintended benefit.

Feel free to contact customer care if you have any questions about this. But that's my take on it. :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Skeeter513Skeeter513 Registered Users 26 Posts
    I'm feeling ranty about this too...only once a week and took sooo much to buy and furnish...Glu, please fix this!!
  • isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    Skeeter513 wrote: »
    I'm feeling ranty about this too...only once a week and took sooo much to buy and furnish...Glu, please fix this!!

I've only done the event once so far, Mia's twin, also named Mia, came back today, so I have number two waiting. But I figure the $1,000k a week, single-event gig pays us more than A list No. 1 gigs do, plus three stars a week for it (which amortized will get you all your stars back anyway), so it really doesn't bother me. But I can completely understand so many dolls being unhappy about buying it, or it being a requirement for certain things, at least right now--maybe it'll change in the future? I swear I bought it all in a moment of weakness: the building owner from Stardom had me laughing my head off as I just absentmindedly tapped and tapped till everything was a done deal. I like it though, it's different. Being in side-gig-only mode at this point, except for update and event storylines, I get to add something to the reality shows, which can get tedious, and the SCL gigs. So it breaks things up a little--I think it would be good at least twice a week though, but I doubt we'd be offered *six* stars weekly. I'm okay with this. I can see many people would not be.

EDIT: Looking everyone's comments over, I fully agree--we should not have to pay for the store. But if they change it I would be very unhappy about all my star loss. (What to do, then?) And I agree too--of course if we buy the store we should get weekly profits, I mean even just for buying the place, you know?? Maybe there's a happy medium somewhere? I bought no furnishings whatsoever for SCL, and I believe several others didn't either. Prob a loss for Glu? I find they're very often looking for ways to recoup money, and SCSD is a big example of this.
  • CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    The 3 gigs at SCL require 85 energy bolts all together, and the payout is $1,500 cash and 3 k-stars. Since you can do it twice a week, makes it $3,000 cash and 6 k-stars for 170 energy every week. The store is given to you for free, and there's no need to furnish it.

The 8h appearance at SCSD takes 60 energy bolts, and gives you $500 cash and a k-star every week. You purchase the store for 25 k-stars. Furnishing costs $38,000 cash and 25 k-stars, which doubles the payout. Either way, no profit for at least 6 months.

I bought it 'cause I was excited, but I regret it now. It's a lousy trade!
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.