6/13/16 ~ Another Week, Another Midweek Event? I know there's a Birthday Tuesday!

Comments

• LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    Cherrey wrote: »
    I had +400 energy bolts saved from my last gift box chase. That's why I'm already at box 3. All C R A P.

GW7uxKz.png

Uhh that palette really had some great things! Makes it even worse to just receive a pair of sunglasses :/
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,492 Posts
    OMG, I love the eyes in the first palette!! I would die if I were to get them in a TB box. And if it makes you feel any better, I really like the purse you won and want it for myself. :o

Haha, thank you! Well, the purse is alright, I might use it here and there. I really hope I'll never get these eyes. I don't like them at all. If I ever get them, I wish Glu gives us a gifting option so I could send them to someone who really wants them :)

I hope you have better luck with your boxes and pull something you really want! :o
    Lii wrote: »
    Uhh that palette really had some great things! Makes it even worse to just receive a pair of sunglasses :/

Do you think so? I'm not a fan of any of those items. My first choice would probably be the golden earrings :D

Good luck to you with your boxes! :o
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Just dawned on me, they're testing the different first box. Wish we knew how to torpedo the test. kwim? I mean we can fire up the Hookah thread, but that's just us whining. Could this be a test to see if we buy more boxes in the face of discouragement than we did last week. I can't blame Glu for this. They gave us 4 boxes free, from items we really wanted, but that wasn't good enough.

I really think, everyone who complained about not being able to buy more boxes may have brought this about. But, instead of them being able to buy up from 4, now they can only buy Up from 3. I don't think this is what they were after, but maybe we can learn about complaining when faced with an awesome thing. It never works well.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • VidaBohemeVidaBoheme Registered Users 229 Posts
    20160614_064212_zpslrmomjyi.jpg

ugh wish I hadn't spent the Kstars to open more boxes :(
    Just dawned on me, they're testing the different first box. Wish we knew how to torpedo the test. kwim? I mean we can fire up the Hookah thread, but that's just us whining. Could this be a test to see if we buy more boxes in the face of discouragement than we did last week. I can't blame Glu for this. They gave us 4 boxes free, from items we really wanted, but that wasn't good enough.

I really think, everyone who complained about not being able to buy more boxes may have brought this about. But, instead of them being able to buy up from 4, now they can only buy Up from 3. I don't think this is what they were after, but maybe we can learn about complaining when faced with an awesome thing. It never works well.

i agree... be careful of what you wish for hahaha ugh we were all, I wanna open more boxes, and glu was all, okay but it won't be TB boxes ... oye such a headache, give with one hand and take with the other *sigh* lessons learned.
    Cherrey wrote: »
    I had +400 energy bolts saved from my last gift box chase. That's why I'm already at box 3. All C R A P.

AuTchPx.png

GW7uxKz.png

s3IoFWo.png

Cherrey i feel for ya, but at least you didn't end up with a green feather boa haha your second palette looks good though, I love a good pair of sunnies
  • SerendipitySerendipity Registered Users 253 Posts
    I'm just curious about the thought process which led to Glu's decision to add the black gift boxes to the Throwback event?
    "Art...a result of the frustration with being normal..."
  • ARTPOPARTPOP Registered Users 530 Posts
    Uhm ***. I just did 8hrs @ Calabasas reality show and got TWO instead of Twenty stars what a mess
  • mindybunnymindybunny Registered Users 159 Posts
    image_zpsabpyp1av.png
    This was my black box. Somehow I still got a throwback item?
    GC: redsoxxygal
  • wolfandbutler2wolfandbutler2 Registered Users 351 Posts
    Nonsense. If people didn't "complain" about not being able to buy additional boxes, we'd be in the exact boat we are in now, just without the option to buy additional boxes. Glu clearly always wanted to introduce gift box items this way, that's why so many were introduced into our wardrobe after the big update. We need to now "complain" and let them know we find it unfair. Use these boxes for the fashion voting events, like what has happened in the past. Or put them in our daily boxes like the game used to do.
    GC: wolfandbutler2 /// IG: wolfandbutler.kkh
    The black giftbox:

image_zpsjjmlbtsd.jpeg

It was bound to happen, sooner or later. I posted my distaste for this monster previously, and I have been lucky enough to dodge it. Until today. Now I will shut my big mouth and stop jinxing myself.
  • SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    I'm a HUGE fan of the throwback events and very thankful Glu gave them to us as mid-week events, but black boxes??? Really?? Ugh :( and the option to buy an additional black box for 20kstars?? Uh no thanks! I don't even buy additional throwback boxes so why would I buy another black box? I'm happy to work and earn the throwback boxes but NOT black boxes. Btw my black box was 2500$ :/
    LOL Seendipity that's the lazy doll's outfit, you don't even have to decide on shoes to wear with it :p
    The black giftbox:

image_zpsjjmlbtsd.jpeg

It was bound to happen, sooner or later. I posted my distaste for this monster previously, and I have been lucky enough to dodge it. Until today. Now I will shut my big mouth and stop jinxing myself.
    SugarK wrote: »
    LOL Seendipity that's the lazy doll's outfit, you don't even have to decide on shoes to wear with it :p

Lol I think Glu should have just gone full steam, and just added the "matching hair" with it.

Funny thing, I don't truly hate it. If the pants were longer and fit better. And maybe if the jacket didn't look like a blue sausage casing. And if the shoes were more...hmmm... I think I may kinda hate it lol.
  • BobbieMBobbieM Registered Users 789 Posts
    I'm a little upset! So I started my event this morning eager to earn a neat throw back item and I didn't get squat. I got some Energy. So I paid 20 K Stars for a 2nd box which revealed some K Stars. I paid 30 K Stars and got a lame purse that I'm not even sure is a throw back item!! This is incredibly disappointing. I'm glad I didn't waste money on a K Stars package because it's clearly not worth it!!

A92E8734-50CB-48F7-A060-EE70C079674E_zpstqynkgpl.png
    Brooklyn (GC is Bobbie629) • A+++ Player!
    • Married to Jackson White (GC is MomBLuz6) • Comeback #1
    • Daily player for Kim Kardashian Hollywood
    • iOS Player Only • Mommy to Baby Annabelle & Elijah!
    Please excuse the type-o's.. I'm on my phone and it doesn't like to write what I'm typing!
    It's honestly my least favourite thing in the entire wardrobe lmao. I have no idea where they were going with it. At least now you've "won" it, it's out of the way, you don't have to worry about it taking up space in any of your future palettes.

Bobbie - for what it's worth, the purse you won IS a throwback item, but yeah Glu took away a throwback box and replaced it with a stupid gift box instead. Ridiculous eh?
    LMAO at every single point you just made :p:p I kinda hate it too but matching hair would make for a day when your doll sleeps in or is hungover and just CANT think about getting ready for the day ;) haha!
    Lol I think Glu should have just gone full steam, and just added the "matching hair" with it.

Funny thing, I don't truly hate it. If the pants were longer and fit better. And maybe if the jacket didn't look like a blue sausage casing. And if the shoes were more...hmmm... I think I may kinda hate it lol.
    I just don't get how they can call black box items throw back?! They aren't!! ��
    Please excuse the type-o's.. I'm on my phone and it doesn't like to write what I'm typing!
    SugarK wrote: »
    LMAO at every single point you just made :p:p I kinda hate it too but matching hair would make for a day when your doll sleeps in or is hungover and just CANT think about getting ready for the day ;) haha!

That's what the ugly flat mullet hair is. Lmao.
    It's honestly my least favourite thing in the entire wardrobe lmao. I have no idea where they were going with it. At least now you've "won" it, it's out of the way, you don't have to worry about it taking up space in any of your future palettes.

Bobbie - for what it's worth, the purse you won IS a throwback item, but yeah Glu took away a throwback box and replaced it with a stupid gift box instead. Ridiculous eh?

Ah, yes!!! The Bright Side!!! So true, and I think that I now have all of the zoink giftbox items, so it can only get better from here. Best of luck to everyone!
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Aw sorry Cherrey those are the worst picks :( Did you also pay extra KStars to open more black boxes? I hope you get a might good last box, any item on your top list?

ARTPOP Whaat? 2 points for 8hr show? Did you get a screenshot, that's so unfair.

You guys are right, stay positive. Anything bad you get now is thrash gotten rid of and more chances of awesome items in future. For my first 3-4 throwbacks, it was rather bad but my last 2 throwbacks were amazing!
    PM to add
    Well I am THRILLED with my first throwback box because I finally won the Karl skirt I spent literally thousands of k-stars chasing!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Ck6PFIhVAAAqObx.jpg:large
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Yay wolf! :o

I spent a bomb chasing that skirt too, but I got it in the end. The purse you won is also pretty :o
    PM to add
  • katiealexandraakatiealexandraa Registered Users 1,171 Posts
    So, my words take on more meaning when there's a picture from an opened game on Instagram? I just think it's funny, I said I was told we have a throwback with a different type of 1st giftbox. A picture for exactly that pops up, and people get upset? Ok, from now on, I'll draw the freakin news. lol. and I warn you, I draw as well as I sing. And since my son's first sentance was "Don't sing Mommy" complete with hit little fingers being pressed against my lips as if "Ssssssh". But I digress. Happy Event, and more importantly......

Sorry! I thought people would want to see the picture. Honestly, I didn't even think it would be a black box when you said the first box would be different. I don't know why, but I has expecting some sort of special throwback box!
    Julliette wrote: »
    Why is everyone disappionted? Dou you remember those days when we had only a weekend event? Cmon!!! Really??

I think many are disappointed because everyone loves throwback events and collecting older items, but by replacing a tb box with a black box, it feels as though something is being taken away! It isn't the worst thing in the world, and now looks more similar to our weekend events (which is maybe showing that these tb events are here to stay?).
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
    ♔ Instagram: katiealexandraa.kkh 
    Naimonster wrote: »
    Yay wolf! :o

I spent a bomb chasing that skirt too, but I got it in the end. The purse you won is also pretty :o
    I know, I love the purse too! I could actually cry I'm so happy. I feel vindicated! That event was one of the most frustrating weekends I've ever had playing this game, I was so angry at myself for wasting so much money, I almost wanted to give up on the game completely over how unfair it was. Now I feel so ecstatic. And it's all because I could buy a second box BTW *wink*
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Sorry! I thought people would want to see the picture. Honestly, I didn't even think it would be a black box when you said the first box would be different. I don't know why, but I has expecting some sort of special throwback box!

I think many are disappointed because everyone loves throwback events and collecting older items, but by replacing a tb box with a black box, it feels as though something is being taken away! It isn't the worst thing in the world, and now looks more similar to our weekend events (which is maybe showing that these tb events are here to stay?).

No, that's ok, the picture was fine. I just had to explain a few times, that the surprise was a different first box. But tbh, I thought it would be a good thing. Spirit of good feelings towards Anniversary and Birthday time. No worries.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Stardust1Stardust1 Registered Users 764 Posts
    Let's just dress the dolls up with the horrible items and have a laugh...something positive out of the black boxes. I still need to complete the actual 25 points to get it in both games but...I say let's have fun!
    Xime level 30
    Let's be KKH friends!
    XIME and JAX got married! See them in their celebration Here
  • mindybunnymindybunny Registered Users 159 Posts
    Stardust1 wrote: »
    Let's just dress the dolls up with the horrible items and have a laugh...something positive out of the black boxes. I still need to complete the actual 25 points to get it in both games but...I say let's have fun!

image_zpshggyskee.jpeg

My doll is not pleased with black box chic.
    GC: redsoxxygal
    mindybunny wrote: »
    image_zpshggyskee.jpeg

LOL that pantsuit from hell along with the mullet are the WORST . Who from Glu thought, yes this is fashion, so hot, so Kim K. hahaha I wonder, is the pantsuit or hair an actual Kardashian thing? What was their reference?!
  • ChicCharlotteChicCharlotte Registered Users 571 Posts
    mindybunny wrote: »
    image_zpshggyskee.jpeg

Aww.. poor girl. Now that she's gotten her cataracts fixed, she's soon going to see how crazy her outfit actually is. (Thanks for the LOL!)
    Began an iOS game and need friends!
    Also deleted old Facebook account. Please refriend me if you play iOS.
    https://facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009525168362