General Complaints Thread

Comments

• bladeoobladeoo Registered Users 315 Posts
    I really am so sick of the horrible luck i've been having with every single box I open. Whether it be the daily boxes, the throwback boxes, the free gift box during events and even the ones i spend 40 k stars on! It IS INFURIATING. The closest i get to getting anything cool is accessories which I don't really care for, honestly. I just want new hairs and pretty dresses or outfits :(
    You can call me SONIA
    GC name is snowrice
    KKH Doll is Trixie
    K&K Doll is Lexie
    :cool:
  • LenochkaLenochka Registered Users 179 Posts
    bladeoo wrote: »
    I really am so sick of the horrible luck i've been having with every single box I open. Whether it be the daily boxes, the throwback boxes, the free gift box during events and even the ones i spend 40 k stars on! It IS INFURIATING. The closest i get to getting anything cool is accessories which I don't really care for, honestly. I just want new hairs and pretty dresses or outfits :(

bladeoo I feel exactly the same, for the past month and a bit every box I opened on any event or the daily gift boxes or throwbacks has been disappointing, I get ether cash or items from the wardrobe that I don't like. But let's stay optimistic our luck may soon take a turn and we will get some nice items in the upcoming events. :)
    My Doll's Name is 🌸Kara🌸
    Level 42 - A+++
    Platform: iOS
  • ofortunaofortuna Registered Users 137 Posts

Good grief, I'm with you 100%. I give myself 2-3 chances every event to win one of the prizes and most of the time I return empty handed. Im happy for all those out there who are getting everything they want, but sometimes I feel like I'm missing out! I know it's just pixels, but still..the fact that we aren't getting purchasable hair in the past few updates just makes it more frustrating when a cute hairstyle is offered in a k-star box only. It's like they know!
    Lenochka wrote: »
    bladeoo I feel exactly the same, for the past month and a bit every box I opened on any event or the daily gift boxes or throwbacks has been disappointing, I get ether cash or items from the wardrobe that I don't like. But let's stay optimistic our luck may soon take a turn and we will get some nice items in the upcoming events. :)

It is undoubtedly frustrating especially when I look at my friends list and see the same 3 people (well their dolls) with almost all of the gift box items during events. I still am hopeful but I've never wanted a hair as badly as I did this past weekend and I nearly cried from anger because it was in the box I usually choose. (I didn't pick it because every time I do, I get cash or energy )
    You can call me SONIA
    GC name is snowrice
    KKH Doll is Trixie
    K&K Doll is Lexie
    ofortuna wrote: »
    Good grief, I'm with you 100%. I give myself 2-3 chances every event to win one of the prizes and most of the time I return empty handed. Im happy for all those out there who are getting everything they want, but sometimes I feel like I'm missing out! I know it's just pixels, but still..the fact that we aren't getting purchasable hair in the past few updates just makes it more frustrating when a cute hairstyle is offered in a k-star box only. It's like they know!

They definitely know and they don't care! Lol. They have rolled out horrible purchasable hair from day one and the cute ones for hundreds of K stars lol
    You can call me SONIA
    GC name is snowrice
    KKH Doll is Trixie
    K&K Doll is Lexie
  • LenochkaLenochka Registered Users 179 Posts
    It is undoubtedly frustrating especially when I look at my friends list and see the same 3 people (well their dolls) with almost all of the gift box items during events. I still am hopeful but I've never wanted a hair as badly as I did this past weekend and I nearly cried from anger because it was in the box I usually choose. (I didn't pick it because every time I do, I get cash or energy )

bladeoo I feel like me and you are in such a similar situation, I spent over 700KStars chasing that hair, I usually open 4 boxes tops. I never get anything, and usually I just let it go. But the hair in this event was singing to me. I really wanted it, since I started playing I wished that Glu would release a hair like that (that's why I spent so much money chasing it). I get the frustration, because so many people were lucky enough to get the hair, it was in all the pallets I opened, the probability of getting the hair was the highest in my opinion, that's why it's so frustrating. I actually did cry when the first 500K went down the drain. Lol. But the only thing we could hope for is more luck in the future.
    My Doll's Name is 🌸Kara🌸
    Level 42 - A+++
    Platform: iOS
  • ofortunaofortuna Registered Users 137 Posts
    Lenochka wrote: »
    bladeoo I feel like me and you are in such a similar situation, I spent over 700KStars chasing that hair, I usually open 4 boxes tops. I never get anything, and usually I just let it go. But the hair in this event was singing to me. I really wanted it, since I started playing I wished that Glu would release a hair like that (that's why I spent so much money chasing it). I get the frustration, because so many people were lucky enough to get the hair, it was in all the pallets I opened, the probability of getting the hair was the highest in my opinion, that's why it's so frustrating. I actually did cry when the first 500K went down the drain. Lol. But the only thing we could hope for is more luck in the future.

Awww, I wish you luck on the VIP event! Yeah, I have horrible luck with the boxes.
  • CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,496 Posts
    I had times where I really struggled with my luck in this game aswell. I was mostly lucky when I spent a little fortune on the chase for something, but there where also some cases where I spent a ton of K stars and ended up with nothing at all. It's so frustrating.

My advice for the luck issue is, just pick your lucky box and pick it again and again over weeks and months. Sooner or later you'll get something nice in it. This helped me a lot :)
  • urnxournxo Registered Users 236 Posts
    So someone may have already complained about this but there's wayyy too many pages at this point for me to read through the whole thread. Why doesn't our car show up on the street anymore? I just bought pretty pink paint for my speedster and I want to shove my success in Willow's stupid jealous face!
    And I totally agree that there should be a better earning system for the celebrity perks. I'm at 9,750 out of 10,000 but 5 points does barely anything. And I just bought the Kim's closet deal and don't think it gave me any points. :(
    Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus
    Android 7.0
  • LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    urnxo wrote: »
    So someone may have already complained about this but there's wayyy too many pages at this point for me to read through the whole thread. Why doesn't our car show up on the street anymore? I just bought pretty pink paint for my speedster and I want to shove my success in Willow's stupid jealous face!
    And I totally agree that there should be a better earning system for the celebrity perks. I'm at 9,750 out of 10,000 but 5 points does barely anything. And I just bought the Kim's closet deal and don't think it gave me any points. :(

Your car only doesn't show up when you're walking a pet. If you leave the pet at home the car will be there :)
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
    Lii wrote: »
    Your car only doesn't show up when you're walking a pet. If you leave the pet at home the car will be there :)

Thank you! I've been walking my cat everywhere since the update lol
    Android 7.0
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    urnxo wrote: »

Hi. Lii explained about the pet, thanks Lii. But what makes you think you didn't get points? Do you have any screenshots? What purchases did you make with stars since the VIP started? If you explain it here, you'll be all set to effectively contact customer care and tell them. They come in very fast, and I've thought the same thing, so I screenshot before I purchase, and then each and everytime it shows I got the stars.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    urnxo Sorry, the Kim's items doesn't give any perk points. I've bought each time and I didn't get any perk points. I'm thinking it could've been an error on Glu's end, but I've yet to confirm.
    PM to add
  • isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    Hi. Lii explained about the pet, thanks Lii. But what makes you think you didn't get points? Do you have any screenshots? What purchases did you make with stars since the VIP started? If you explain it here, you'll be all set to effectively contact customer care and tell them. They come in very fast, and I've thought the same thing, so I screenshot before I purchase, and then each and everytime it shows I got the stars.

Koko--you mean buying in-app stars with a g/c or credit card, right? Not spending stars in the wardrobe...? I actually bought a cute little notebook a few months ago because random Achievements in my game weren't working properly, so I decided to keep track of them. Someone really nice at Glu had contacted me, and they work as they should now.... With the rollout of perk points it was a no-brainer to add that too. I check and update all of my stuff every few days. The worst thing I found is three times I was supposed to receive 50 K-stars--I've only been getting 41! Each time! The first time I was like, huh?? The second time, I got annoyed, but figured it would t happen again. And this week, the third time, same thing! That's now 27 stars I earned and never got, and I'm...well, this isn't good. Meanwhile, I've been too sick to do anything about it--I wonder if that's happened to anyone else, maybe they haven't noticed?--and I'm not sure what thread to look for right now, thinking is....not so great today, but definitely a little better. Hopefully this will be mostly cleared up by Monday, three different things hit me at the same time and at the doctor yesterday I was like ohhhh. Bad things, bad medications, and finally yesterday a new script to add--but this one non-narcotic to treat my burned throat and esophagus, omg! I finished off a whole bottle of 72(!) Tums this week along with everything else. Now the painkillers are actually working for a couple of hours, and the migraine pills, I was so happy that shortly after I woke up yesterday morning--it's like my brain is set to event Fridays, 4:30 am, no matter what! So just before 5:00, things started to work a little, you can't imagine the relief even two hours of medicines working will bring!! And getting the hair in my first box, well that was an amazing happy shock for sure. Also, my bf got me a $300 Visa g/c for being sick and my brother sent a $250 one, so last night in bed I did a bunch of shopping--I got $330 (weird price, right??) Halston leather skinnies for $117! (Saving for the fall, why not??), and a bunch of things, plus one of my bffs, he plays bass in Glass Heroes, and they got a contract with MLB a few years ago, so I can hear him at Yankees games--maybe the Mets, meh...blahblahblah. He lives in AZ, and we just adore each other and had a 1 1/2 convo till I faded with the reemergence of fever, and well anyway.... So question no1, plus I need to get the missing 27 stars! Sighhhh. It's good you take the screen shots, really good idea. And with my record book I can always see my star purchases getting points, but that's one thing I can check immediately in-game and ok I should shut up now, it's just the first day I've really been out of bed except for the doctor yesterday, and I was barely able to speak all week, ok byeeeeee! xx
  • SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    I also discovered that purchasing Kim's pick bundles do not give celebrity perk points but puchasing straight up star packs does. Kinda weird, especially when you purchase both with real cash, but it's been consistent in my game because I've tried both options a few times. Unfortunately I didn't think to take screenshots, but I'll try to remember to do that from now on!
    Naimonster wrote: »
    urnxo Sorry, the Kim's items doesn't give any perk points. I've bought each time and I didn't get any perk points. I'm thinking it could've been an error on Glu's end, but I've yet to confirm.
    Ah, thank you! You all are so helpful. I have to say I'm loving this forum.
    I didn't realize Kim's picks didn't earn you celeb perks as well. I just figured if I'm spending actual money I should get em. I knew I didn't get the perks because whenever I buy a kstar package my number skyrockets lol and Im still inching toward the 10k mark. It's all good though, plenty of jetsetting to do in the meantime! ☺
    Android 7.0
    Ok, I see what I thought. She said she bought Kim's closet and didn't get any points, I thought she meant she got the clothes but no stars, usually that's the complaint, because they get added so quickly, no stars pouring down, unless you keenly know how many stars you have, you might not notice and think you didn't get stars. So that was my correct advice to a wrong question. lol.

And, as far as not receiving perks or event points for buying Kim's pic, I agree they should be counted like other purchases. The FAQs say "
    How do I get Perk Points?

You’ll get Perk Points for doing things you’re already doing in the game, such as shopping, playing often, and levelling up! The more Perk Points you collect, the more benefits you’ll unlock! "

But that is kind of vague. Nai, I can't wait to hear what Glu says about this. Maybe you'll effect change. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    If you pull up the Celebrity Perks window on the game and click the tiny question mark in the lower left corner, it pretty specifically states what will earn Perk points. For example, it says that you earn points for purchasing K stars and cash in the store. I took that to mean that only buying K star packs or cash packs would earn the points. But it could be interpreted to mean that any type of Kstar purchase, like a Kim's Picks purchase. But I have just gone by the most narrow interpretation of it.
    Ok, I see what I thought. She said she bought Kim's closet and didn't get any points, I thought she meant she got the clothes but no stars, usually that's the complaint, because they get added so quickly, no stars pouring down, unless you keenly know how many stars you have, you might not notice and think you didn't get stars. So that was my correct advice to a wrong question. lol.

And, as far as not receiving perks or event points for buying Kim's pic, I agree they should be counted like other purchases. The FAQs say "
    How do I get Perk Points?

You’ll get Perk Points for doing things you’re already doing in the game, such as shopping, playing often, and levelling up! The more Perk Points you collect, the more benefits you’ll unlock! "

But that is kind of vague. Nai, I can't wait to hear what Glu says about this. Maybe you'll effect change. :)

The thing with the explanation, and I've seen it before, is that we *don't* get points for "shopping" at all. So I wonder what that's even supposed to mean....Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    I think, and this is only my opinion that 'shopping' means at the StarShop. That's where we spend cash, buying either game $$ or Game Stars.

If that's it, I agree that Kim's picks should be included in that. Any way we put our cash into the game, really should count. But that's just me.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I think, and this is only my opinion that 'shopping' means at the StarShop. That's where we spend cash, buying either game $$ or Game Stars.

If that's it, I agree that Kim's picks should be included in that. Any way we put our cash into the game, really should count. But that's just me.

I thought it must mean buying stars also, in the beginning, and I don't have time to open the game right now to check; but I think it says buying stars and kash *and* shopping? Or it says shopping somewhere I just can't remember?? I think you're right anyway, that it's stars; the perk points register right away when you buy stars. I don't mind either way; for those of us who buy stars, it'd be like we were getting perk points 2wice, which sure wouldn't be fair to the other dolls, and certainly not a benefit for Glu. I do understand how it can be very slow for people who only earn stars and don't buy them. And also, as Amy said in another thread, I, too, am not thrilled to keep seeing a bunch of iTunes charges on my bank and credit card statements these days either. Though I don't buy them for the perks; I'm always surprised when I earn something with them.
  • LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    isabeau wrote: »
    I thought it must mean buying stars also, in the beginning, and I don't have time to open the game right now to check; but I think it says buying stars and kash *and* shopping? Or it says shopping somewhere I just can't remember?? I think you're right anyway, that it's stars; the perk points register right away when you buy stars. I don't mind either way; for those of us who buy stars, it'd be like we were getting perk points 2wice, which sure wouldn't be fair to the other dolls, and certainly not a benefit for Glu. I do understand how it can be very slow for people who only earn stars and don't buy them. And also, as Amy said in another thread, I, too, am not thrilled to keep seeing a bunch of iTunes charges on my bank and credit card statements these days either. Though I don't buy them for the perks; I'm always surprised when I earn something with them.

I just checked, it doesn't say anything about shopping, just that you receive points for purchasing star packs. But maybe they changed it because people were getting confused?
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
    Koko and Nai I'm with you on that. I've purchased Kim's pick twice and not received celebrity perk points. If it was clearly stated this was excluded that would be different, but the first time I purchased it I fully expected to receive points for it.

Lii wrote: »
    I just checked, it doesn't say anything about shopping, just that you receive points for purchasing star packs. But maybe they changed it because people were getting confused?

Lii--I know I saw "shopping" *somewhere*, but yes, I just bet you're right. Maybe they could've put a "sorry, we goofed. please everyone enjoy this gift of 50 stars each. I mean, say *something*, you know? There's so many ways to say ahhhh, we removed this because it was incorrect. Please everyone enjoy this gift of 50 stars each.... Heh, heh, heh!
  • CilanCilan Registered Users 298 Posts
    SugarK wrote: »
    Koko and Nai I'm with you on that. I've purchased Kim's pick twice and not received celebrity perk points. If it was clearly stated this was excluded that would be different, but the first time I purchased it I fully expected to receive points for it.

Yeah.. I purchased the VIP subscription and did not get perk points for it. I wrote in and got a response from Glu saying any combo packs or anything like the VIPs and Kim's picks, and the deals you get when you get low energy/stars on gigs, don't count towards the total. And they have no way to add those points in to my total manually. :(
    Cilan wrote: »
    Yeah.. I purchased the VIP subscription and did not get perk points for it. I wrote in and got a response from Glu saying any combo packs or anything like the VIPs and Kim's picks, and the deals you get when you get low energy/stars on gigs, don't count towards the total. And they have no way to add those points in to my total manually. :(

Well, I think if we make any cash purchases whatsoever--yes, the stars; does anyone buy kash??--and Kim's Picks, Shop My Closet, KL or any bundles, anything we buy for real money outright, we should get perk points. I believe the lowest star purchase is $5USD--correct me if I'm wrong; also, is there a $10USD star pack? I don't know--and I don't know how many perk points they would be worth, but if $5 or $10USD is the price for some stars and we're paying $10USD for special bundles, then we should get that $10 worth of perk points, imo. I really don't think I'm wrong here.

EDIT: Is the prob it would cause some kind of loss for Glu? Or not as big a profit? And also the perks would end too soon maybe?
    Cilan it's nice that they gave you a definitive answer but it'd be even nicer if they were clear in the perks description. At least that way people would know BEFORE making purchases, rather than finding out the hard way.
    Cilan wrote: »
    I deleted posts that became a firestorm. My fault.

I'm very sad that the first earned Throwback prize has been replaced with a non Throwback item.

To borrow from a wise person who said simply "Never look a gift horse in the mouth", Never look a gift horse in the mouth.

This has been an eye opening experience.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • SerendipitySerendipity Registered Users 253 Posts
    I thought it would be appropriate to complain about my own doll, Kiah Kane. She is demanding and a diva with very little fashion savvy. This is a doll who has modeled for Karl, Anna, Olivier, and others, yet she cannot distinguish the difference between an after-five ****tail dress and beachwear. Yes, It's true!

She always wants what she wants and, I try to accommodate her as much as I can. Today, she demanded that I open another black gift box, to "make up" for the zoink prize she won. Needless to say, I am a struggling artist who makes a living doing things that make other people happier than myself, and I cannot afford to fork over my cash to feed her growing addiction to giftbox hair, Kstar items, and such. So, today and tomorrow too, she will wear what she has earned herself. Now I'm done. And please, don't call the loony bin on me. They already said they can't come and get me today.
    "Art...a result of the frustration with being normal..."
    Take 2 -

When the Throwback Events rolled out there was a lot of opposition all over SM, because boxes could only be earned not purchased. (I specifically saw instances of Instagram posters who advertise openly their games are hacked, leading the charge against not being able to buy the boxes with stars. Go figure)

The event was amended so we could buy boxes after earning them, (I thought that was great and bought boxes) Still there was opposition. The fact that boxes had to be earned before you could buy more was a key issue.

Now the game is testing a new way, the first box is NOT a throwback item. General items, 25Stars, 30 Energy, and cash replace the first Throwback prize. I can't help but think the opposition to the generous gift of earning 4 old event items, is what lead to the revision.

I used to wake up at 5 on Tuesday filled with gleeful anticipation, grateful to Glu for the awesome ThrowBack Event, and within half an hour, I'd be strutting my doll around in their new item...today, I got 30 more energy, and another 8 reality show shoots to do before I get a real prize. Very disappointed. They said this is in 'Testing" I'd love to know what score it takes to give back the 1st Throwback Event Item, and let us buy extra boxes. That quick, initial Throwback Prize at 25 points gave me an infusion of eagerness to grind. Now, 5 hours in, if one of my games has more than 70 points it's a miracle.

Glu went from being the wind beneath my sails, to letting the air out of them. I'll get over it, but it's like someone flicked a switch and took a beautiful thing and turned it into drudgery. Just my opinion, and we should all appreciate having a place where we can come and post our issues without recrimination or judgement from other posters.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary