General Complaints Thread

Comments

• CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,492 Posts
    I'm sorry you feel that way, Koko. I understand your point of view. Let's try to take it as it is and appreciate all the things we still get for free. It's super nice that we get so many rare items for FREE :)
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    I am speaking for myself and the large number of members of the forum want to say but don't want to be shouted down.

Our sadness stems from the feeling that they took what was looked to be a perfect gift up to 4 boxes of ALL THROWBACKS (hence the name) and changed it when they saw the eagerness to buy more boxes. So sure, including additional BUY boxes took nothing away from our game, in fact, we were happy that people who wanted to buy boxes got to do that too.

Win Win everybody's happy. But there was a thirst for more things, so now.....they will run out of event items so expand boxes to include Giftbox items. Last week the "We" I spoke of woke up and within half an hour would have a THROWBACK item. Now, I wake up, thinking what could the mystery be?

Silly me, imagine a box that when opened said "Pick 2 Boxes" or Box Plus 1500$. See where my foolish mind went? But within half an hour of playing I had Zoink prizes in each of my games. Would you like to see the pallets? I'd have been happy with krappy shoes or another black bag. I don't think any game's palette had more than one item. the other 7 Not What We Wanted prizes.

Last week good......this week not good. ANd yet, when people complain about other things here, they don't get shot down. Except now.

Why not create another event, call it GiftBox & WishBox....fill it however you want.
    Then bring back the 1st Throwback and alternate weeks with GiftBox and Wiishbox It's not Throwback and Grab Bag Event.

But no one is to be picked apart on this thread.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    But I wanted to say Thank you Cherrey. I'm looking forward to my second boxes. My idea of happiness includes a way for everyone to get what they want. The only thing wrong with last week, was that it hadn't rolled out for Android and I remember a lot of unhappy people. So you would think they'd have been included. I like my idea of a different type of box better, don't you? lol.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • ticisssticisss Banned Users 811 Posts
    Last night I received my daily gift boxes, but NO partnership items, just cash and energy. This is ridiculous. I'm tired of opening boxed and found stupid money, seriously. I never thought I would say that, but: I HATE MONEY. Okay, only in this game lol
  • isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    Take 2 -

When the Throwback Events rolled out there was a lot of opposition all over SM, because boxes could only be earned not purchased. (I specifically saw instances of Instagram posters who advertise openly their games are hacked, leading the charge against not being able to buy the boxes with stars. Go figure)

The event was amended so we could buy boxes after earning them, (I thought that was great and bought boxes) Still there was opposition. The fact that boxes had to be earned before you could buy more was a key issue.

Now the game is testing a new way, the first box is NOT a throwback item. General items, 25Stars, 30 Energy, and cash replace the first Throwback prize. I can't help but think the opposition to the generous gift of earning 4 old event items, is what lead to the revision.

I used to wake up at 5 on Tuesday filled with gleeful anticipation, grateful to Glu for the awesome ThrowBack Event, and within half an hour, I'd be strutting my doll around in their new item...today, I got 30 more energy, and another 8 reality show shoots to do before I get a real prize. Very disappointed. They said this is in 'Testing" I'd love to know what score it takes to give back the 1st Throwback Event Item, and let us buy extra boxes. That quick, initial Throwback Prize at 25 points gave me an infusion of eagerness to grind. Now, 5 hours in, if one of my games has more than 70 points it's a miracle.

Glu went from being the wind beneath my sails, to letting the air out of them. I'll get over it, but it's like someone flicked a switch and took a beautiful thing and turned it into drudgery. Just my opinion, and we should all appreciate having a place where we can come and post our issues without recrimination or judgement from other posters.

^^Yes, this exactly.^^ 30 energy. Now I'm just sad. And I mean that as complete truth.
    ticisss wrote: »
    Last night I received my daily gift boxes, but NO partnership items, just cash and energy. This is ridiculous. I'm tired of opening boxed and found stupid money, seriously. I never thought I would say that, but: I HATE MONEY. Okay, only in this game lol

That's happened to me too. <huge sighhhh>
    Black gift boxes in weekday Throwback Event.

image_zps3h0xkvrz.jpeg

Do these shoes make me look fat?

EDIT: Let me make clear in case anyone doesn't realize, nothing on my doll is throwback.
  • byebyeBernabyebyeBerna Registered Users 29 Posts
    It difficult to be able to afford 60 kstars for additional throwback boxes. I preferred the old way, seemed fair for everyone. Its really hard to play with so many hacked players, they seem to be the loudest sometimes as far as complaints go and then when they get their way its harder for others
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    ticisss wrote: »
    I never thought I would say that, but: I HATE MONEY. Okay, only in this game lol

hahaha me too!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    It difficult to be able to afford 60 kstars for additional throwback boxes. I preferred the old way, seemed fair for everyone.

I paid 60 kstars last week since my games had the delayed glitches and I had no other choice but to choose another spot on my third boxes on my pallets. Unfortunately, I didn't have the time or energy to grind for my last fourth boxes.

This week I'm not gonna buy more additional boxes though. Since I don't buy kstars, I'm just gonna earn & save them for the next V.I.P. event. I've set up boundaries for myself. I only told myself that I would buy one box for 60 kstars on my games if I had enough kstars on my games.

But lately I've been slacking though. I'll try to complete the throwback events on my games even though grinding up to 600 points seems so far away to me.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

It difficult to be able to afford 60 kstars for additional throwback boxes. I preferred the old way, seemed fair for everyone. Its really hard to play with so many hacked players, they seem to be the loudest sometimes as far as complaints go and then when they get their way its harder for others

I want to make it pretty clear that the hacked players I've come across are on other sites, where they either boast they're hacked when they're not, or they just cheat. I don't know of any members here who play that way. We're all good here. :)

And we all pretty much agree that it hurts it for the rest of the players. Plus, glu is always working on ways to combat cheating. Now, back to complaints. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • MegannitaMegannita Registered Users 284 Posts
    Hey, is it just me, or do our pets not give out any bonus points (event stars) during these midweek events? Why do you guys think that is?
    You remind me of the babe...
    Megannita wrote: »
    Hey, is it just me, or do our pets not give out any bonus points (event stars) during these midweek events? Why do you guys think that is?

I don't get any from a random pet either, little Megan. Just like we can't get bonus points to help us when we win any items.:(
    I paid 60 kstars last week since my games had the delayed glitches and I had no other choice but to choose another spot on my third boxes on my pallets. Unfortunately, I didn't have the time or energy to grind for my last fourth boxes.

This week I'm not gonna buy more additional boxes though. Since I don't buy kstars, I'm just gonna earn & save them for the next V.I.P. event. I've set up boundaries for myself. I only told myself that I would buy one box for 60 kstars on my games if I had enough kstars on my games.

But lately I've been slacking though. I'll try to complete the throwback events on my games even though grinding up to 600 points seems so far away to me.

Carol the Slacker. Nope, I just can't see that happening ever; she just works on six entirely different projects in her life at the same time, so slacker? No.Way. But anyway, I'm with you there, Carol. I suddenly had a pop up chance to buy a 60 K-star box after my "third box"--I don't really count the first box, though, which was a bummer, and really sad: I won nothing, you know, just 30 energy--here and then gone in a second. After I got my first *real* box, the second one--a long black 2014 Christmas evening gown that really sparkles--I think your new green one does too--I just felt really empty. I, we all, would've had the happiness of two earned boxes behind us, but it really wasn't. There just wasn't. If I'd received one of the new black gift box items I would've been happy with that. The ones I have left in the wardrobe--except for two, maybe three ordinary things, they're all ew and look great, I like them plenty. But after finally getting my "second" box--and the dress *was* a great dress--God, I love sparkles and black! I suddenly was overwhelmed with profound sadness--so weird, right? The first box meant nothing to me, it was just a palette of minimal energy, kash, and some stars; I was so disappointed. I didn't know if I would even try for the next box, it seemed a sad waste of time to me; nevertheless I did it and got a pair of diamond drop earrings, and probably everyone (Glu, I'm talking to you here--my always and forever asking you for more jewelry! And you've been giving a lot lately, I love that so much! I think--I hope--I thanked you in the GLU appreciation thread. If not, I abso need to! Thank you, thank you sooooo much!) So I got these diamond drop earrings, which I'm happy with--Hey, I've been up since 4:00 am; brain function right now is foggy. Forgive the rambling please, dolls. But really, Glu: thank you so, so much, for all of these new and great event jewelry earnables and a few random things in event gift boxes. Very few instances, but very good just the same.

So anyway, after I got the box with earrings last night, it seemed such a waste to keep on going; there was now a pall over the whole event for me. A failed event for me because of the sad and wasteful black box, so strongly dissuading despite the following two hard-earned gb's. So I just felt completely disinterested in pursuing something that formerly made me so happy, that I didn't bother to continue to try to get the ever-elusive last box with a head-start last night

I must state again that No. I wouldn't--not *ever*--pay 60 stars to open another box; and I was glad I didn't when the opportunity appeared; the palette turned out to be, well, super cr*ppy. I'd become heavily disinterested already, and felt all that grinding was--and would be, despite it all--would just be pointless. And also, true to form, I desperately did not want an item from the wardrobe at all; and definitely not as the last, precious box. Any more grinding would be for naught. I didn't want plastic jewelry, and abso *not* another piece of Halloween costume. And as Carol and so many others say, grinding for 600 rather than 500 points is dissuading. Very. There's not even a halfway point prize as incentive to keep going. Box three--ok, four including the first black gb--which contained only the gratuitous and most meager of "prizes"--is a lot of work that may be 99% futile in the very end: you might just wind up getting get a plastic ring. So, why even? An arduous trudge to 600 points; that's a much too faraway number, 300 more points. For a 50-50 chance of no-one-knows-how-great-or-downright disappointing their "pick" will be. Despite my last earned dress and earrings this week's event left me feeling hollow. I'm unsure I'll bother for the last one. Sad and off-putting, and another 300 points away. It's a bad and uninspiring hold-the-bone-ahead-of-the dog kind of thing. I think in such an event there needs to be a milestone of some sort, to make us want to continue. Something at 450 points maybe? I just feel really bad. I guess it's stupid. But what's the point in continuing?

H e l l s, this is melancholy.

EDIT TWO: I'm sorry, only four hours sleep and my eyes keep closing, so having trouble reading it over. Maybe fix later.
    Isabeau... j/l.....friend. I feel your pain. I had basically yesterday's whole morning into afternoon blow up in my face event wise, I'm still feeling that 6 week spasm (maybe a pulled hamstring) and basically a foul krappy time. But I'm going to try and drag you into the event thread, where I can try to pass on some renewed optimism for the event. So.....follow me, and give me a minute. Imma gonna hook you up Doll.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    Isabeau, you feel exactly like I did last week. For me, it was receiving the event late and then some other little glitches here and there just kind of sucked all of the fun and interest out of it for me. Like you, I reached the boxes that were easy to earn and that was all I had the heart to do. I definitely feel your pain!
  • ButtielButtiel Registered Users 106 Posts
    This is barely even a complaint, just a tiny annoyance... but boy is it one.

That money maker option. Specifically during shifts. All of the extra options you get from comebacks are shiny and special (they sit there and sparkle tauntingly until you get to them, honestly), and give back more stars/hearts than the amount of energy you use on them. Like the 5-energy actions you do with NPCs. If you're in a gig, they're a great. If you're doing shifts, they're a waste of energy the game tries to force on you. In shifts, actions already give you twice the amount of stars than the energy they take. So 5 energy gets you 10 stars. The money maker option doesn't do that. This is supposed to be a benefit you get from doing a comeback, and yet it's more of a trap than anything? It's literally a bad choice to make. Why would I spend 9 energy on ~15 stars (pretty sure it's less), when I can spend 9 energy on other options for a guaranteed 18? It appears only in appearances and shifts... so that's half the places it shows up that it's a disadvantage. Don't you Comeback 'Reward' me you sneaky, sparkly little devil. Boo.
    Julesmo wrote: »
    Isabeau, you feel exactly like I did last week. For me, it was receiving the event late and then some other little glitches here and there just kind of sucked all of the fun and interest out of it for me. Like you, I reached the boxes that were easy to earn and that was all I had the heart to do. I definitely feel your pain!

:(<3:(<3:(
  • ofortunaofortuna Registered Users 137 Posts
    Buttiel wrote: »
    This is barely even a complaint, just a tiny annoyance... but boy is it one.

That money maker option. Specifically during shifts.

I completely agree. i really don't understand how they calculate stars needed for shifts/gigs so on. seems random a lot of times.
  • czarinaczarina Registered Users 51 Posts
    I just want to rant about that effing 50k necklace that only gives 2heart points!!!!!! 2 effing heart points!!!!!!!! It's so effing unfair!
    Android 4.4.2
    Lenovo S650
    Czarivargas23@gmail.com
  • KeemKeem Registered Users 357 Posts
    I'm not mad, just dissapointed.

0GTrJ1q.jpg
    B8r3JnC.jpg

You're welcome, Kim! Thanks for the bonus stars!

ayZktrQ.jpg
    JBOdMpX.jpg

And your party is off the hook. Glad I could help.

And I know you said "don't worry we will clean up the mess" but I was really hoping you wouldn't just take away decorations you charged us a significant amount of Kash, or stars which cost real money.

We dolls love our babies, and we get to do so little with them. It's also not uncommon for us to hold our own birthday parties. Using these decorative items would have been a nice option.
    Maybe they'll be brought back like the decos at Napa. But, they'd have to redo the nursery, for a party / normal thing. like a split menu on the door knob when we have a gig at a place. we go into lif normal, or we go into the gig. I think it would be a lot of work, but if they're going to do any nursery revamping.....for crying out loud, let our spouses just stand there. They wouldn't have to change any of the things with the nanny holding the other baby. Just put them in the room. I'd slip them in between my doll and the Nanny. We could take some good pictures. (doesn't that sound like nice simple plan? They certainly know how to add a gig screen. )

ooops, forgot this was hookah. You guys want me to delete this? Or leave it because it's a good idea about nursery changes and this thread is monitored? ;) allright, wait.....um

Here's my complaint.......don't put any bad items in the black boxes. Last week I had to do 150 points before I got an item. In 3 games...each one picked either Energy, cash, or 25Stars in my black boxes and frankly....it felt like a big Eff you. Others complained and commented that they got ugly purses, great boots, etc. But they were still disappointed that it wasn't a throwback thing, but I sat there with my energy, 25 stars, or K$.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts

Here's my complaint.......don't put any bad items in the black boxes. Last week I had to do 150 points before I got an item. In 3 games...each one picked either Energy, cash, or 25Stars in my black boxes and frankly....it felt like a big Eff you. Others complained and commented that they got ugly purses, great boots, etc. But they were still disappointed that it wasn't a throwback thing, but I sat there with my energy, 25 stars, or K$.

Yeah, all I saw in my 1st batch were kash or energy.
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
    in each game's 1st box, there were 7 of those none gift items and one pair of shoes in 2 pallets, and I think either shoes or a bag in the third. a 1 in 8 chance for a prize. compare that to the previous weeks when 25 points gave me a quick great prize (a throwback item) and that psyched me to quickly grind to the next.

Last week, I seriously had no desire, no drive to continue the event. Hand to God I wanted to shut down and relax for 3 days. That's how big a mistake I think the change was.

I even think if they have to have a black box, make it the 2nd or 3rd. The early great prize was such an incentive to jump in feet first.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • SerendipitySerendipity Registered Users 253 Posts
    I'm feeling both of you, Koko and Kayla. The black box was added to do exactly what? I wish it made sense to me, but I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer! I wish that, having decided to toss this new element at is, that they'd have considered letting there be bonus points to help. Or, perhaps even simply reducing the amount from 600 to 500 or 400 to earn all four boxes.
    "Art...a result of the frustration with being normal..."
    ~Team Koko~
  • SassyVoguetteSassyVoguette Registered Users 1,510 Posts
    I hate, hate that the first box is replaced with black box! It's so hard to get 600 points for 4 TB items and now this... I was looking forward to these TB events, but now not so much :/
    Vats has my heart. Forever. 💕

iOS
    07/2014 
  • Melimda119Melimda119 Registered Users 49 Posts
    I hate how your non-romantic contacts can break up with you now. I was trying to get rid of some of my gigs by starting a whole bunch of them and just accepting that I was going to lose fans, however when my friends all started breaking up with me (and these were actual friends, not NCPs) I started freaking out!
  • ofortunaofortuna Registered Users 137 Posts
    Melimda119 wrote: »
    I hate how your non-romantic contacts can break up with you now. I was trying to get rid of some of my gigs by starting a whole bunch of them and just accepting that I was going to lose fans, however when my friends all started breaking up with me (and these were actual friends, not NCPs) I started freaking out!

whoah, that is still happening? I thought it was a glitch!
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Melimda119 wrote: »

Actually that's how it has always been. I hate that too, but I guess friendship is fickle sometimes.
    PM to add