Weekend Event 6/17/16 We're Having a Party ~North's 3rd Birthday & Father's Day Too!

Comments

• wolfandbutler2wolfandbutler2 Registered Users 351 Posts
    I just started a party in Calabasas to see if inviting a NPC would give me an event star - it didn't. No event for IOS.
    GC: wolfandbutler2 /// IG: wolfandbutler.kkh
  • SassyVoguetteSassyVoguette Registered Users 1,510 Posts
    Crazy loading bar here, the one that Koko posted.
    I am at work, I can't deal with that now.. hope they fix it soon, so I can grind after work
    Vats has my heart. Forever. 💕

iOS
    07/2014 
  • ofortunaofortuna Registered Users 137 Posts
    Crazy loading bar here, the one that Koko posted.
    I am at work, I can't deal with that now.. hope they fix it soon, so I can grind after work

Yeah same, I started an 8hr party before work, hopefully itll be fixed soon.
  • Jwilk100Jwilk100 Registered Users 130 Posts
    I'm feeling the android pain right now, why can't they fix it and have both platforms working at the same time? What is that impossible for an app? Come on, please fix this glu... I was really let down this morning
  • ButtielButtiel Registered Users 106 Posts
    I'm on Android and I got the event banner that only gave me the NARS notification, but walking in and out of a building made it worked. No call from Kim yet though. I really hope the event gets fixed for you iOS users!

I love the unicorn hair, but I'm having trouble finding a root color that really goes with it. Probably still gonna get some gift boxes, though!
  • JullietteJulliette Registered Users 527 Posts
    I am on iOS and i don't have the event, only calls from Kim.
    :o iOS GC ID julliette24 ;)
  • LarinexLarinex Registered Users 103 Posts
    One of my Androids have the event got the call the call and got the call from Kim to help with North's birthday.
    The second andriod has the event but no call from Kim.
    My Facebook platform does not have the event nor call though it has the event symbol
  • KokoBelleKokoBelle Registered Users 73 Posts
    Interesting. My event has started - Kim has called me, I've decorated the nursery, she's informed me about a Las Vegas gig - yet my game doesn't have a pop-up to let me know what the event items are this week, the gift box items, how to earn points, etc. I click the mermaid logo on the right, and it only has the NARS pop-up. :/ So is it a party event?

Same here. I keep logging out and logging back in. Hoping it will come up. No such luck.
    Friend me on GC: :KokoBelle:
    Doll name: Coco Cox
    A+++ level 36
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    My new doll didn't get a phone call from Kim and I got the event banner on my game. Carolyn Ferocious doesn't have any kids yet so the nursery room is still locked at all of her homes. And she can't do the tasks related for the weekend event.:confused:

But Carol Davida got the event banner and a phone call from Kim. She had to decorate the nursery room for North's b day and I'm gonna do the weekend event gig later.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• MeganKatieMeganKatie Registered Users 70 Posts
    Julliette wrote: »
    I am on iOS and i don't have the event, only calls from Kim.

Same here, I've decorated the nursery but I don't have the pop up saying how much I need to earn the event items
    As they say in my country, Glu really needs to pull their finger out.

This is like the fifth week in a row where an event has been jacked up for at least one platform. This never used to happen.
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    You're so right Wolfie. Now, for the androids, who can't see the current appearance or rank of their friends, but has the event. I bought decorations for the nursery, after Kim asked me to check it out. Did a party, and .....when I left, Kim called and said Thanks for checking on the decorations, they'll be cleaned up (gone?) after the weekend. So....did I just outfit a temporary Nursery?
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    As they say in my country, Glu really needs to pull their finger out.

This is like the fifth week in a row where an event has been jacked up for at least one platform. This never used to happen.

you are right. Im not a whiz at programming and I cant pretend to know a lot about how applications run, but it seems (happens a lot with video games ive noticed too) that they rush the updates/events rather than taking the time to test it and to make sure it's all smooth.
    You're so right Wolfie. Now, for the androids, who can't see the current appearance or rank of their friends, but has the event. I bought decorations for the nursery, after Kim asked me to check it out. Did a party, and .....when I left, Kim called and said Thanks for checking on the decorations, they'll be cleaned up (gone?) after the weekend. So....did I just outfit a temporary Nursery?

i was wondering the same, Koko! I didnt bother buying the decorations, but it seems like a waste of money!!!!
  • CilanCilan Registered Users 298 Posts
    Screenshot_2016_06_17_02_25_16.png

My free box. Well THAT never happens. My luck for the week... no... the MONTH, has come and go then LOL. I chose a spot I have rarely picked ever. That (kinda) makes up for me getting mad that the guys don't get a mermaid event too.

And yea... I fully furnished the nursey too and then read that Kim said decor will be gone after the weekend. Double-u-tee-eff!
    Yep!! I did the same thing Koko, blew over 15k on decorating it only to be told it will disappear after the weekend! I'm just glad I didn't spend any k-stars on it.

I also didn't buy decorations for this reason. Seems silly to spend kash/stars when I could be saving for the next VIP & the SD home
    Did android players who can actually play get event points for visiting the nursery & talking with Kim about the party?
  • CilanCilan Registered Users 298 Posts
    Jwilk100 wrote: »
    Did android players who can actually play get event points for visiting the nursery & talking with Kim about the party?

I got no points. Just cash and exp and then the start of the next gig called "Go North"
    Cilan wrote: »
    I got no points. Just cash and exp and then the start of the next gig called "Go North"

Ok just making sure. I received the same.
    I emailed glu so we will see how that goes
  • Angeljen621Angeljen621 Registered Users 18 Posts
    I am only receiving the logo for the weekend event but no event?!!! No gift boxes ... Nothing!?? Just the NARS offer still. A mermaid looking logo but nothing else
    Ok just making sure. I received the same.
    I emailed glu so we will see how that goes

Hopefully they fix this by the time I wake up in the morning. Or make it up to us somehow.
    A+++ level 36
    I am only receiving the logo for the weekend event but no event?!!! No gift boxes ... Nothing!?? Just the NARS offer still. A mermaid looking logo but nothing else

Join us friend, the group of iOS players that cannot receive event points :(
    We have switched places with the android players that couldn't receive event points a couple weeks ago.
    KokoBelle wrote: »
    Hopefully they fix this by the time I wake up in the morning. Or make it up to us somehow.

Hopefully they do make it up to us like when the androids got a reduced event points meter (300 points instead of 600). I know that not all received this but we deserve something. I just wish they could get events working smoothly, instead of us always asking for compensation for it not working. I would love that way more..
    Hopefully they do make it up to us like when the androids got a reduced event points meter (300 points instead of 600). I know that not all received this but we deserve something. I just wish they could get events working smoothly, instead of us always asking for compensation for it not working. I would love that way more..

That is wishful thinking! I'm trying to remain hopeful that it will be up and running soon, but I do agree I would prefer smooth events
  • Angeljen621Angeljen621 Registered Users 18 Posts
    Have you contacted glu? Or do they read this? I'm not sure how they'll know my game isn't working.. How would I tell them?
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Attention Players with issues - I amended the iOS Glitch thread to include other iOS event issues....ie: no event. Please go and fill in your details.

AND ANDROID Players - I started a thread for your Event issues as well. Please fill out your game details and hopefully we'll have all these fixed shortly. I read some Androids were having problems as well.

I believe the Facebook updates always roll out a little later. Please be patient if this is your issue Facebook players.

And for anyone who's enjoying the event, let us know how it is. I've one android party under my belt for each of those 2 games.

Thanks for your patience.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    They did compensate me by giving 200 Kstars for the reality show glitch. I have faith they will come thru with something.
    I'm going to put in a ticket now since the glitch ain't fixed yet.
    A+++ level 36
    They did compensate me by giving 200 Kstars for the reality show glitch. I have faith they will come thru with something.
    Oh wow, I didn't get any compensation! But I didn't put in a ticket. I just suffered in silence lol.

wow really? that is awesome