Options

Has GLU abandoned Stroylines?

SexyNicSexyNic Registered Users 9 Posts
Hello everyone. I've been lurking this forum for quite some time now and decided to finally register. I love the game and the new stuff added but I have one serious issue with the game now. I'm level 33 and I have no storylines. My phone never rings. I've been done with the storyline for 3-4 months now, and now the only storylines and jobs I get are after an update and on weekend events. But the thing is, after an update, the storyline only has like 3-4 steps and then it's done. And I have to wait 1 whole month for the storyline to continue.
I love the mid-week events and weekend events because we get more clothes and stuff, but what's the point if we don't have anything else to do? I love when I had things to do, jobs to finish, planning to destroy and sabotage Willow. All those little storylines kept my interest in the game. Now, i play on Tuesday-Wednesday(for the throwback event) and the weekend, for the new items. But it doesn't excite me anymore.
Why has GLU abandoned the storyline and they only give us like 3-4 jobs after each update?

Comments

• Options
    isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    I know, I hate not having the storylines. Have gotten very bored, it's been months. There's our new reality show, but eventually that gets tedious too. Parties are boring as well, to me. I'm waiting for my next (2nd) event at SCSD to come up, that was a great add, and I have the 8hr gig left for tomorrow at SCL. I'm really grateful for the new weekday tb events, and possible voting, events. It's not storylines though. Can't wait for Anniversary day! And our gift! And event??
  • Options
    SexyNicSexyNic Registered Users 9 Posts
    isabeau wrote: »
    I know, I hate not having the storylines. Have gotten very bored, it's been months. There's our new reality show, but eventually that gets tedious too. Parties are boring as well, to me. I'm waiting for my next (2nd) event at SCSD to come up, that was a great add, and I have the 8hr gig left for tomorrow at SCL. I'm really grateful for the new weekday tb events, and possible voting, events. It's not storylines though. Can't wait for Anniversary day! And our gift! And event??

Yeah. All the new additions are cool, but the storylines are what made the game for me. I hope they fix this with the new update or the Anniversary.
  • Options
    ofortunaofortuna Registered Users 137 Posts
    I totally agree! it would be great to have more opportunities. I know a few here have discussed varying acting roles (crime, drama). the charity ones are nice as well, just wish we could do more to finally take down Willow or Skylar now! it gets annoying how we can't really put her in her place.
  • Options
    isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    ofortuna wrote: »
    I totally agree! it would be great to have more opportunities. I know a few here have discussed varying acting roles (crime, drama). the charity ones are nice as well, just wish we could do more to finally take down Willow or Skylar now! it gets annoying how we can't really put her in her place.

The reason I'm not interested in the crime and drama too much is because I had enough of it in Stardom. KKH is so *not* Stardom. It had its moments, but I got so done with it. A couple of crime/drama should be good, though. Yes, there's something so lacking and hollow without storylines here.

Willow? Negligible for me at this point. Skylar--nail on the head for you. She soooo needs to be put in her place. Ughhhh. And you just know she's a nose-wrinkler 'cause she thinks she's so cute. Bubble-gum-headed so and so. Mrs. Gulliver. Bigfoot. Abominable snow woman. Incredible Hulkess. Nessie. Heh. Nessie.
  • Options
    VidaBohemeVidaBoheme Registered Users 229 Posts
    so I'm only on level 33, have yet to encounter Jen and Mario or whatever... if I did then it was not a memorable storyline (that's the free hair quest I keep reading about right?), and Simon only calls for the little side gigs not attached to a quest.

Where are the quests and storylines? I know I haven't exhausted them all lol. the last question I completed is the meWatch quest.
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,114 Posts
    Hi. Do you have any outstanding gigs to do? And what platform are you on? I don't recall the mewatch quest? If you feel your game is blocked, and you have done all your outstanding gigs, you can contact customer care to see if they're able to help. Sorry this is happening.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    VidaBohemeVidaBoheme Registered Users 229 Posts
    Hi. Do you have any outstanding gigs to do? And what platform are you on? I don't recall the mewatch quest? If you feel your game is blocked, and you have done all your outstanding gigs, you can contact customer care to see if they're able to help. Sorry this is happening.

Thanks Koko for the tips. Simon actually called me to his office which triggered two storylines, so I'm back on track. I'm guessing maybe Glu is trying to dial back the amount of gigs people have lined up by limiting how many storylines are activated? I'm also one of the people that's been getting 4hr gigs instead of 8hr gigs the past couple of days.
  • Options
    LyannaLyanna Registered Users 338 Posts
    I've been like this for months too I'm glad I'm not the only one. I've raised this issue so many times with glu and they just don't seem to care I get told the same information every time to check outstanding gigs and hopefully an update will trigger something. But nothing! The so chic London and San Diego are still both locked for me with no sign of them being opened. I don't tend to play the game much during the week although it has been really great having these throwback events to keep me interested.
    KKH: Gigi // IRL: Andrew ✨

Game Centre // .Cullen
    Playing on iOS