Updated: Don't uninstall or transfer your game before reading this

Comments

• NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    katiecat That happened to me, I tried transferring after waiting many weeks later, I got my game save from months back but I just took it. Hope you get your game soon.
    PM to add
  • Laralu529Laralu529 Registered Users 166 Posts
    Sooo..... I've lost all my game progress. I logged in with the same google play account but it wont sync
    Call me Lu :)
    Android player

Add me on FB
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    I think you have to contact customer care. I'm so sorry to hear about this. Google changed things and now what used to be one area has been split into two, and the end result is so many problems. Glu is working hard to fix things for Androids, submit the ticket, and I'll see if I can get any updates on these issues.

Will you you post the following info here
    Platform/. So version/. Device/Level in game
    description of problem

and and also submit the ticket to customer care
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    ๐Ÿฆ‹Purple Headed โ™Š+ ๐Ÿฅฅ Chick Playing iOS & Android ๐Ÿฆ‹
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐ŸŒŸIf you want my attention please send a dm
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I think you have to contact customer care. I'm so sorry to hear about this. Google changed things and now what used to be one area has been split into two, and the end result is so many problems. Glu is working hard to fix things for Androids, submit the ticket, and I'll see if I can get any updates on these issues.

Will you you post the following info here
    Platform/. So version/. Device/Level in game
    description of problem

and and also submit the ticket to customer care

Platform: Android 5.0.1
    Device: Samsung Galaxy S4
    Level in game: 35

Problem: I had to perform a factory reset on my phone since it wasn't working properly. I was assure by customer care that if I logged in with the same Google Play account afterwards all my progress would sync. But I have done that, and still nothing.

I'm really worried here, I had almost 650 stars, lots of clothes, and months of playing. I don't think I'll start over again, I just don't have the energy. I hope there's a solution! I have contacted customer care, lets see what they have to say.
    Android player

Add me on FB
    I feel so sad, I can hear the discouragement in your post. Please let us know what you hear, and know that you can always ask them to restore any purchases from the star shop, and see if they can help in anyway. Keep us posted.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I feel so sad, I can hear the discouragement in your post. Please let us know what you hear, and know that you can always ask them to restore any purchases from the star shop, and see if they can help in anyway. Keep us posted.

No answer yet... I keep opening the game hoping it'll all be back to normal, but nothing. Gosh this sucks
    Android player

Add me on FB
  • Livy Aha!Livy Aha! Registered Users 35 Posts
    If anyone using a Kindle has successfully transferred their game data from one Kindle to another. PLEASE PLEASE post how you did it. This week I have spoken to three techs at Amazon and a Tech Supervisor and they haven't figured out how to do it yet. I have written to Glu but have not heard back yet. My kindle started to have difficulties charging last week and it is getting worse. So I would really appreciate your help.
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    I need a new phone but I keep putting it off because I'm scared of losing my game. Has anyone tried the transfer recently via Android and was it successful?
    Hi. I would seriously suggest if you guys are looking for those with successful experiences, you might get more of a response if one of you starts a thread in General Discussion - Has anyone SUCCESSFULLY transfered game since 5.0? Or something like that. TBH, most of the time unless you're specifically looking for Transfer advice, your post will NOT get much response here. Nothing of mine has been transferred since February - Samsung Note 5 Phone, or December - iPad game. But both the game and OS has updated after that, so you can't go by me. From what I understand, at this point it is pretty much hit or miss. You can see if there have been any updates to this topic in FAQ, at the bottom it says how many days since the last edit. Let me take a quick look, brb.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Here are the instructions for transferring to a new iOS device - it hasn't been revised for 232 days, roughly 8 months.

And here are the similar instructions for transferring to your new Android device - it changed roughly 7 months ago.

My best and most urgent advice if you're trying this.....Do NOT delete the game from your old device, until it shows up on the new device, with all your data (things, resources, etc) intact and playable. Good luck. ANd I would certainly post for advice from members in General Discussion. Good luck and I hope you're successful.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Kkh4life33Kkh4life33 Registered Users 2 Posts
    Trying my best to transfer the games content from htc to galaxy.i thought i follow all of the step correctly but nothing has merged yet. Help me plz
    Hi. I'm sorry this is happening. Do you still have the game playable on the old device? Don't delete that till you get it transferred. The only way I know of transferring, are the instructions they have listed here. After you try the transfer, if it doesn't work, go back and play a little on the old device, just to make sure the data registers before you try again. Take the steps one at a time, and good luck. Sometimes it transfers right away, sometimes it takes a few times, and sadly sometimes it doesn't work. My fingers are crossed for you.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Kkh4life33Kkh4life33 Registered Users 2 Posts
    Im goning to try a third time but i hate im miss this weekend event. What are considered generic events? I feeling Ive been playing the wrong storylines
  • ChanrinChanrin Registered Users 516 Posts
    I tried and tried and tried over and over again but failed :(

On device 2 i was able to get an older version of my game (level 36, but I'm actually level 43...) but I just don't know how to get the most recent version :( my phone is almost dead if I can't transfer my game' I'm gonna have to say goodbye to kkh
    Do you hear the phone when I call ?
    Do you feel the thud when I fall?
    Do you hear the crack when I break ?

---
    #TeamCassio
    Ok, we have to think positive. I could look you up in my games, but depending on what platform you are.....if you're iOS get to Apple Chat on Instant messenger. Get to a computer and do the chat that way, explain you don't know if your game is saving, so can they help you save it to iTunes and then check the save is there? I found out 2 days ago, there are 2 (at least) areas, the initial people I spoke to were only 'talkers' (my word) you need to get to the division who can look around and help you do things. Wish I could clarify more. Also if you're apple, that means your new device is also apple....and now they also have to help because you're 'setting up your new device' and getting your game over is part of that. If the first agent can't /won't get you to the other side...comeback, and I'll see if I can't get you better, more foolproof instructions for squeezing help out of Apple. I wish I remembered what my game issue was, but she was just about to switch me over, when I said "gimme a sec" I said the lost things prayer to St. Anthony, and when we tried 'one more time' it was there. oh hey, not to be nosy, but if you're Catholic....and can whole heartedly ask for help, this might qualify for the St. Anthony Lost prayer. It really works. I've recovered a 300$ school calculator, ipods, jewelry and now a 'glitched game'. But you have to be sincere and have good intentions, and honestly believe.

Oh, and that can be done regardless of Platform. St. Anthony works across multiplatforms. :) Not trying to be glib, but seriously, first you want to make sure your old game data saved not only to the cloud but iTunes. When my ipad transferred in January, Apple got me saved to iTunes, showed me how to go in, see my saves, and select which one I wanted to load to my new device. I say go in through your computer, so you can connect your advice and load your save. That's what happened in January.

If you're Android...my only advice is try Glu's steps again and consider the prayer.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • ChanrinChanrin Registered Users 516 Posts
    I'm on android... better head to church and try again I guess :D
    Do you hear the phone when I call ?
    Do you feel the thud when I fall?
    Do you hear the crack when I break ?

---
    #TeamCassio
  • Stardust1Stardust1 Registered Users 764 Posts
    Platform: Android 5.0.1
    Device: Samsung Galaxy S4
    Level in game: 35

Problem: I had to perform a factory reset on my phone since it wasn't working properly. I was assure by customer care that if I logged in with the same Google Play account afterwards all my progress would sync. But I have done that, and still nothing.

I'm really worried here, I had almost 650 stars, lots of clothes, and months of playing. I don't think I'll start over again, I just don't have the energy. I hope there's a solution! I have contacted customer care, lets see what they have to say.

OMG...I have to do this to my phone because the wi-fi is having trouble (as is not even allowing me to enable the fuction) and without that I have no phone as far as I'm concerned and that's the only way I have to comunicate with my mother living in another country. I'm gonna risk it because if I have to choose between my mother or Android game #2...well, my mother wins lol. It will pain me to lose throwback event clothing but what's a girl to do?.

Wish me luck!
    Xime level 30
    Let's be KKH friends!
    XIME and JAX got married! See them in their celebration Here
    Good luck stardust. I hope you are one of the "omg, it worked" games. Fingers crossed for you.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Stardust1Stardust1 Registered Users 764 Posts
    Good luck stardust. I hope you are one of the "omg, it worked" games. Fingers crossed for you.

Thanks Koko. Turns out my celphone's wifi 'thingy' is broken and now I'll have to send the phone to be fixed. I can't do that right now so no KKH on the phone. I guess we'll have to wait and see if our experimente has good results in about a month or so...oh! Xime is going to lose so much in that time.
    Xime level 30
    Let's be KKH friends!
    XIME and JAX got married! See them in their celebration Here
  • plasticsunshineplasticsunshine Registered Users 40 Posts
    HELP! Today my old phone stoped working and just turned off. Now I'm on the new one and game center has all my old saved games. But for some reason KKH doesnt have my saved data (I already switched my phones once and it saved fine). K&K have the saved progress but I only really play this one. Glu help!
    My best and fastest advice is to take your phone and your apple/usb cable over to a laptop/desktop. On your computer go to Apple, Support, InstantChat (forgot exactly what it's called) ask the rep if they can help you locate and load the right data for your game. In my case, and other's I've sent to Apple IMChat, the reps have helped us retrieve and load any saved files. She had me hook up the new iPad, go into itunes, and talked me through loading the most recent complete game. If they can't help, ask them to bump you up to the level of Apple reps that can go in with us after we've connected and find the files we needed. Explain the situation, and if they can't help, tell them your friends were talked through saving to itunes, and in some cases, pulled up and loaded the otherwise hidden save. Good luck.

Your other alternative is to either keep trying the transfer according to Glu's instructions, or ask Glu what to do. Best advice, try Apple first. If you get no where, try to get bumped up politely, if that all fails, comeback and we'll try some other brainstorming. Good luck, and please, try apple support IM first. they're very responsive, and a little appreciation goes a long way. Good luck, and fingers crossed.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Thanks Koko but I'm on android.. Can you tell me where to contact them? Through the game or?
    Hmmm. you said GameCenter and Game Center is for iOS (Apple) devices, and Google has nothing like Apple Support, because Androids can be polaroid, Samsung, LG, etc. So you're trying to contact Glu now? Do you have your old Hollywood ID number? Do you have receipts from purchases in the StarShop? That is about the only thing Glu might be able to restore for you if you start a new game. Especially because it is your own device failure.*

When you said GameCenter, I figured this was an Apple 'slam dunk'. You can start over, contact Glu through options in the new game, and tell them what happened. But they can't get your game back. They can help restore Star purchases, the purchase of in game Cash, and other special purchases if you provide copies of your receipts, but Glu can't retrieve your game. If you are not planning on starting the game over, and want to contact Glu, you can go to the Site FAQs, on the upper right you'll see "Contact Us". Use that link, it's for switching androids and what can one more try hurt?.

I'm so sorry this happened. Good Luck.

*Ouch, that sounded harsh. I didn't mean it's your fault, I just meant it's not Glu's fault. Do we wish we had a better save system. Oh yeah. But lately, Android saving has been hit or miss. I thought it was cleared up, maybe it's coming in the next update, along with the long awaited Android Quick Thaw (my term for the unfreezing of contacts for Android). But see if another try can get the game back. If you try those instructions, it should be the same thing I did twice, except you don't have the old device and game available. Good luck.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Omg I wrote the biggest post and deleted it ..fml.
    Anyway,IDK why I wrote game center must have been somewhere else with my mind. All my games are saved but KKH. Makes me sad.
    I was lvl 28 and don't feel like starting everything again without any event clothing and saved up K stars.
    I know this may not be completely GLU's fault but they haven't even responded back (i sent an in game ticket) for 3 days.
    I'm on my vacation right now so I don't have wi fi or m old device. And all this is just stupid stress.
  • MeredithGreyMeredithGrey Registered Users 2 Posts
    The same thing just happend to me..A few days ago I uninstall the game accidentaly and when I downloaded it again I couldn't get my progress back and I don't know why...I bought a new phone about a month ago and I had no problem with it...I'm really mad because I was lvl 30+ and played for almost two years and have all those special dresses and hairstyles..
    What platform are you playing on? If it is iOS, iPhone, then I would talk to Apple Support, Chat is great, and they help 99.99 % of the time.

If it's Android, I hate the fact that it is a 50/50 chance. Can you try again? sometimes you have to shut it down. reboot the whole device, then when ou open the game, it says there is another set of data, which do you want to load. You can try and submit a ticket, but it's like asking Glu where you parked your car. I had to work for almost a week to get my game resolved.

Crossing my fingers you say ios.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • MeredithGreyMeredithGrey Registered Users 2 Posts
    Thank you๐Ÿ˜Š I have android and I contacted glu when it happend and they still didn't answer...again thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š
    I contacted Glu through the in game ticket 10 days ago and no answer. IDK what to do anymore.
    The backlog is probably high and that would explain the long wait. I'm sorry it's happening.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • unique123unique123 Registered Users 291 Posts
    I am getting a new android phone today so I will be transferring from one android to a new one. I'll be activating the new phone today. Does anyone have advice on if I should wait to open KKH on the new device until Monday due to the weekend event? I've never transferred yet and I'm nervous after reading some posts that it hasn't worked :( I'm already half way into finishing the wknd event and I wanted to know what some advice was about transferring during an event? I'm assuming I should wait? Any advice appreciated!! :)

*ANDROID player - PM me to add!