Options

6/21/2016 MidWeekE~ Did our Tuesday update Just get here?

Comments

• Options
    wolfandbutler2wolfandbutler2 Registered Users 351 Posts
    My only disagreement is with the advice of starting early so you have only a few taps left, and by then a full tank of energy so you can 'start off' with an almost done gig. I on occasion did this. Till one time nothing started before the event counted towards any points. Sometimes it works, sometimes not so much. That's why I don't stack it like that anymore. I'm not saying don't...it doesn't work. I'm saying realize it doesn't always work. Every so often they shake it up like that.
    Aw that sucks that it doesn't always work for you. I've been trying it since someone on the forum suggested it over a year ago and the only time I've had to forgo event points is if the event is delayed long enough that I have to finish the gig before I even get the event. Even when that happens, I'm only sacrificing one or two energy bolts, so it's still worth the 'gamble' if you can call it that IMO.

isabeau - I don't have an extra 24 hours, ***? My event has 2d 11h left. The same as everybody else. The event starts and ends at the same time globally - I am in Australia, my 7pm is someone else's 5am. It just depends on the timezone you're in. Right now it's just reached 12am here and I'm just about to reach my third box. I'll open it, maybe post it here, then head to bed. That's 300 points achieved in 5 hours, all from doing what I said in my post. I'll earn the next 300 points over the course of tomorrow, then be finished by tomorrow night. Don't know what's so confusing about it or where you think the discrepancy is.
    GC: wolfandbutler2 /// IG: wolfandbutler.kkh
  • Options
    bladeoobladeoo Registered Users 315 Posts
    So Glu basically answered as to why there were glitches this past weekend. They've been weeding out those who have hacked their game and that is why sometimes we don't always get the events right away. Which is pretty cool 8)
    You can call me SONIA
    GC name is snowrice
    KKH Doll is Trixie
    K&K Doll is Lexie
    :cool:
  • Options
    NQueen331NQueen331 Registered Users 577 Posts
    I can usually finish my throwback event in a bit over 24 hours, and that's with a full-time job. Here's how:

1) Do 3 hour reality show gigs in Calabasas!!!
    2) I start a 3 hour reality gig about 90 minutes before the event starts. I invite my guests and tap on almost everything, leaving the last tap for until after the event starts. That way you've already earned 12 event points at the start of the event and it's only used up one or two energy bolts!
    3) I own every pet in the game, which makes a huge difference. As soon as I've used up all my energy, I travel around the world and collect energy, use that energy on gigs, then collect again. It's time consuming and a grind, but it's easy to do when watching tv or a movie.
    4) I don't play any other games. I only have the one KKH game, and I don't play K&K or Britney or any other Glu game. I honestly don't understand how people can juggle having more than one game!! I tried playing K&K but I quickly realised I only had the time and attention span to dedicate to only one game. It's much, much, MUCH easier to reach 600 when you're only doing it once, lol.
    5) Time zone makes a difference. I get the event at 7pm, tap away getting energy from pets and using all that energy doing my gigs, then do it all over again at 11pm. It's easy for me to do because it's the time of day or night where I have the most time up my sleeve.
    6) I work 9 to 5, so I start my day by doing three reality gigs when I wake up/have breakfast. By lunch, my energy has reloaded, so if I can connect to wi-fi during my lunch break I bash out another three gigs. I am also guilty of bringing my phone with me into the toilets lmao, I can usually whip out at least one gig that way. Shhh!
    7) When I get home I do the same thing I did the first night the event started - lots of gigs, traveling the world tapping pets, more gigs, more pets, more gigs, more pets, etc. By the time I go to bed, I've almost always reached 600. :)

Good luck guys! ****** black box is the first box again. Glu isn't listening to us. I had 25 k-stars in mine.

Those are some great tips! I like to space out the events by points. I like to do around 300 the first day, 200 the second day, and 100 the third day. The first day I would do 112 points in the morning, 112 at noon, and then 112 at night that way I'm over half way done by the end of the first day with 336 points. That's 7 gigs each so for the morning I start at 5am do 4 gigs take a break, and then 3 gigs around 9am. Then 3 gigs at 12pm, 2 gigs at 3pm, and 2 more at 5pm. At night 4 gigs at 7pm then 3 at 9pm then off to bed. For me grinding for most of the points for the first day doesn't seem so bad and it gets easier the second day. I would do 64 points in the morning, noon, and night leaving me with 528. 2 gigs at 5am and 2 at 9am. Then 2 gigs at 12pm and another 2 at 3pm. Lastly 2 gigs at 7pm and the last 2 at 9pm. At this point I could just finish the whole thing, but I figure what's the rush I have another day. And by the third day I would finish by doing the last 72 points in the morning or noon. All the gigs I do are at the Calabasas home with reality show gigs. And it helps a lot that I have the jet and own a few pets. I know people find this event hard and exhausting without a way to get bonus points, but the key to finishing with 600 points is not to try and rush to finish and just use time management and spread out your gigs.
    Follow me on Instagram: @kkh.nubianqueen331
    If you would like to add me on Facebook please PM me.iOS Doll Name: Neko Lyon
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
    Reality Show: Life of a Lyonness (Top 400)
    Spouse: Max Mason (Top 50 Couples)
    If you do not like that the 40 K star gift boxes contain $4,000 Kash as a "prize," please visit this thread and share your opinion HERE
  • Options
    LantsPanceLantsPance Registered Users 998 Posts
    Got 25 stars in my black box! I'm satisfied!
    Daily iOS KKH player
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    It's totally possible to finish this event on 18 hours for me! But I'm lazy lol

The event starts at 6am I do 80 points from 3h gigs with two full energy bars (the second bar comes from pets' energy), if I push myself I can do 112 points. I check back at every 4 hours and around midnight is done! But as I said I don't have energy to do that anymore and I have two days so whatever. Oh and those shifts have around 15-25 minutes of duration.
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    KatePillgrimKatePillgrim Registered Users 884 Posts
    My first TB box!

15zi2rb.jpg
    makqaq.jpg

I don't remember this dress from NY 2015, but it's beautiful.
    My name is Kate. Playing since 2014 *whew*
    I want to be your in-game friend! Please add me on Facebook:

• Options
    isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    Thanks for the legs!

image_zpsxvigcpwg.jpeg

image_zpsymvpkeht.png

image_zpsjv5rkqyv.jpeg
  • Options
    bladeoo wrote: »
    So Glu basically answered as to why there were glitches this past weekend. They've been weeding out those who have hacked their game and that is why sometimes we don't always get the events right away. Which is pretty cool 8)

Wow, where did you see that? Was it posted by them? This is sooooo good!
  • Options
    VidaBoheme wrote: »
    isabeau awww *hug*

or if I were Kim Kardashian *hand hug* LOL

Hee! Hand hug, Vida!
  • Options
    NQueen331NQueen331 Registered Users 577 Posts
    Does anyone know if the glam lips and eyes are in the TB events as well? Also is anybody else getting hairstyles in their boxes? So far I haven't seen any in boxes other than the hairstyle that came with the Halloween genie outfit.
    Follow me on Instagram: @kkh.nubianqueen331
    If you would like to add me on Facebook please PM me.iOS Doll Name: Neko Lyon
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
    Reality Show: Life of a Lyonness (Top 400)
    Spouse: Max Mason (Top 50 Couples)
    If you do not like that the 40 K star gift boxes contain $4,000 Kash as a "prize," please visit this thread and share your opinion HERE
  • Options
    RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Registered Users 1,599 Posts
    All I wish for are the St. Patrick's Day dresses. Last week I bought all the boxes possible, only to find something I don't care about in my second choice.

This white dress was in my palettes last week. So I checked my screenshots and saw what else was in the palette with it. Only handbags. So I decided against buying another box. And then my dreamdress was in the box I would have opened.....
    Screenshot_2016-06-21-17-04-06_zpszix8fwlk.png
    The disappointment!!!
    Can't even play right now. Need to get over this loser feeling..
    This white thing is ugly and makes my doll look like she is in a hospital and just got a ****job.
    Android
  • Options
    wolfandbutler2wolfandbutler2 Registered Users 351 Posts
    NQueen331 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the glam lips and eyes are in the TB events as well? Also is anybody else getting hairstyles in their boxes? So far I haven't seen any in boxes other than the hairstyle that came with the Halloween genie outfit.
    I have definitely seen people win the So Glam facial features, so keep the faith! I've also seen lots of people have hair in their palettes, although I am not so lucky..

Box 3! Not as good as my last one, I think I used up all my luck getting two amazing outfits in that one. Fingers crossed for some hair in my last box pllllleeeaaaasseeee

Cle5IZtUYAATrva.jpg:large
    GC: wolfandbutler2 /// IG: wolfandbutler.kkh
  • Options
    LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    Andrzej_S. wrote: »
    Interesting! I did some calculating with your numbers and came to 38 3 hour calabasas gigs being needed in the little over 2 or so days so that's definitely a lot of tapping ;3

I work two gigs when I wake up & another two before my shift at work starts - at which point I can't really tap away since it's food service - and another 4 to 6 after work depending on when I can get in those first 2 - 4 done. I've made it, at best, to mid 400s but maybe things would be different if I owned more than just the cat from the downtown LA apartment.

Good luck everyone! I'm going to shoot for my 300 as usual and just hope my other two boxes are better than the kash I just got XP All last week ended up being shoes I didn't want but by the end of it I got some kstars for 'shoe addict' so fair enough I guess XD

Pets definitely make all the difference! I have all of them and I can fill my entire energy bar just by tapping my pets so I get a little over 45 energy from them? I'm too lazy to count so let's just say ca. 45. That's two reality shows in Calabasas, even a little more (since you get 4 energy bolts back). No theory you could do that four times a day since they are tappable every four hours... So that would be 8 reality shows plus the ones you do from your regularly filled energy bar.
    But I very rarely tap my pets four times a day, mostly once in the morning to wake up and then when I hit my afternoon slump. And if I need some more energy at the end of the day I don't need to travel around and tap everything but can just go and tap some pets.
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • Options
    unique123unique123 Registered Users 291 Posts
    These tips are all good! I need to buy more pets! My first black box was cash. Bleh. Same as last week. And then I opened the dreaded green boa! Opened a second box and am super happy with this dress! Finally something worth my grinding! :D I chased this dress and the cute french braided hair and got nowhere during that event. I still have not seen any hair in my throwbacks either. It definitely must be more rare.

Screenshot_20160621-102023_1.jpg

KKH_Screenshot_1466525177911.jpg

LOVE these throwback events :)

*ANDROID player - PM me to add!
  • Options
    ChicCharlotteChicCharlotte Registered Users 571 Posts
    I guess I am one of few exceptions here - I wouldn't encourage buying all the houses and pets unless you either 1. are willing to spend $ on K-stars or 2. you're able to regularly get free stars watching videos. I can only get a handful of free K-stars a week - if I'm lucky and I rarely buy them, though I've caved a couple of times recently. When I grind for energy, I'm hitting all the tap-ables available through LAX, then I run over to Miami. I own the Miami home and own the dog there. I also own the LA condo and apartment, though I only own the cat and fish downtown. It's kind of mind-numbing only hitting these tap-ables, but it allows me to give my attention to other things away from the game while I'm tapping away. Definitely not saying this is the way to play, but I'd much rather spend my K-stars on clothing items than houses and furniture. I don't own the jet either, btw.. since I don't have to fly all around the world regularly, the airfare is no big deal as I always have a ton of cash.

Anyone else playing like this? I would spend more K-stars if I could get freebies more frequently.
    Began an iOS game and need friends!
    Also deleted old Facebook account. Please refriend me if you play iOS.
    https://facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009525168362
  • Options
    VidaBohemeVidaBoheme Registered Users 229 Posts
    I guess I am one of few exceptions here - I wouldn't encourage buying all the houses and pets unless you either 1. are willing to spend $ on K-stars or 2. you're able to regularly get free stars watching videos. I can only get a handful of free K-stars a week - if I'm lucky and I rarely buy them, though I've caved a couple of times recently. When I grind for energy, I'm hitting all the tap-ables available through LAX, then I run over to Miami. I own the Miami home and own the dog there. I also own the LA condo and apartment, though I only own the cat and fish downtown. It's kind of mind-numbing only hitting these tap-ables, but it allows me to give my attention to other things away from the game while I'm tapping away. Definitely not saying this is the way to play, but I'd much rather spend my K-stars on clothing items than houses and furniture. I don't own the jet either, btw.. since I don't have to fly all around the world regularly, the airfare is no big deal as I always have a ton of cash.

Anyone else playing like this? I would spend more K-stars if I could get freebies more frequently.

this is definitely how I played when I first started, but once you buy the jet then it just changes the dynamic a bit more. I saw that with the jet, I was truly saving a lot more money and that's how I was able to afford the homes. I'm not big on the pets but I do see why they are of value to others. I suggest just save up your Kstars and buy the jet during a VIP event. not only will you get rewarded for actually spending the Kstars, but you'll start to see the returns on the purchase if you are tapping for energy.
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Same Charlotte!

I mentioned before. I don't own jets, nor a lot of houses (just the basic ones we need to get for goals), nor pets lol. I have gotten by every event.

I spend all my Kash and KStars on hair and clothing :rolleyes:

Oh and these throwback events, I can complete them with couple hours left on the timer, without tapping all day. I like to make use of the entire time given, pace myself. I play other games too, that's why.
    PM to add
  • Options
    JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts

This is exactly my game situation too, and I still have a fulfilling experience. I may not get *everything* but I do well with throwbacks, and I am usually able to complete dating, party and now reality events. I rely on earning stars since I don't buy them, so VIP weekends are my weekends off lol. The achievements are generous with stars and now the celebrity perks are another great way to earn them. In my opinion, Glu takes good care of those of us who play a more streamlined version of the game.
  • Options
    KKH_Screenshot_1466526790249_zpsevniusif.jpg

this is what Vida got for her throwback... anyone know where it's from? she's sad, it looks like two hamsters died on her shoulders.
  • Options
    VidaBoheme wrote: »
    KKH_Screenshot_1466526790249_zpsevniusif.jpg

this is what Vida got for her throwback... anyone know where it's from? she's sad, it looks like two hamsters died on her shoulders.

Oh noooooo! I thought it would be really nice when I saw it in palettes other people posted, but now it's become apparent they're dead hamsters....Well, look at it this way, you can always pet them. I never even saw this dress until the throwback events started, so no clue when it's from. You might have seen my post this morning, two weeks ago I got Little Red Riding Hood's legs. Wearing shoes. No dead body. Just the legs and feet. I was so disappointed; please stop giving us Halloween costume pieces, Glu. What's next, Little Red's pancreas? Her liver? An ear or a finger in a box 'cause the Mafia's holding her prisoner? I'm sorry, doll. Stuff like this makes me happy that paying 60 stars a box is an option and not the rule. There'll be other good stuff, don't worry.:)
  • Options
    FrancescahillFrancescahill Registered Users 1,288 Posts
    I'm the only iOS who didn't got the event? I already sent 2 messages to Glu but they don't answer 🙄
  • Options
    hyerileehyerilee Registered Users 181 Posts
    I'm the only iOS who didn't got the event? I already sent 2 messages to Glu but they don't answer 🙄

they will answer you soon or later Fran :(
  • Options
    isabeau wrote: »
    Whoa! Bladeoo! And just look at the things she got!

And says straight up--"I got it...due to a cheat."

So, is there a Glu FBI? CIA? MI6? Police??

Thank you, doll, this is just perfect!

According to Glu, they are basically doing some detective work so if it takes a while for us to receive the events and such, that's the reason. And you're welcome, doll
    You can call me SONIA
    GC name is snowrice
    KKH Doll is Trixie
    K&K Doll is Lexie
  • Options
    isabeau wrote: »
    Oh noooooo! I thought it would be really nice when I saw it in palettes other people posted, but now it's become apparent they're dead hamsters....Well, look at it this way, you can always pet them. I never even saw this dress until the throwback events started, so no clue when it's from. You might have seen my post this morning, two weeks ago I got Little Red Riding Hood's legs. Wearing shoes. No dead body. Just the legs and feet. I was so disappointed; please stop giving us Halloween costume pieces, Glu. What's next, Little Red's pancreas? Her liver? An ear or a finger in a box 'cause the Mafia's holding her prisoner? I'm sorry, doll. Stuff like this makes me happy that paying 60 stars a box is an option and not the rule. There'll be other good stuff, don't worry.:)

you're right, I could've ended up with dead legs too! I wanted to like the dress, but with fur trim around the shoulders I suppose I was expecting more drama than just plain long skirt and sleeves... can't even wear a necklace with this style (it sits on top of the fur).

but yes, no worries, there's always 2 more boxes left for me!
  • Options
    Here is what Glu wrote to me
    ROepT18.jpg
    DG2SjVm.jpg
    KRBxwSv.jpg
    H1RxAGL.jpg
    rDzVS6V.jpg
    hhFJ9q1.jpg
    You can call me SONIA
    GC name is snowrice
    KKH Doll is Trixie
    K&K Doll is Lexie
  • Options
    LunaVLunaV Registered Users 51 Posts
    Yay, I opened the first Throwback Box and the black box! Don't know what was in the black box but I kind of love this dress from one of the Show Your Style events -I guess?-
    On to the next one, on to the next one, haha!
    2yuyl43.jpg

Also I've seen something about a hacker who opened all boxes already? Sad... What's the point of the game if it is so easy to accomplish?
    GameCenter: Lunaa_x3
    Doll's name: Daisy / A-List

Please send me a Private Message before adding me on GameCenter. I will not accept random requests.
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Hi. I had to delete a couple of posts. If you're going to post those screenshots of a third party, please black out any identifying info. I'm sure that person would absolutely freak if they found out we were calling them a cheat in a public forum.

Yes, those are instances I mentioned about seeing people boast about cheating. But, we can't call them out. They didn't post here. So, I'm all for xing out the identifying names accounts, etc, but we can't post it as it. It's not like we're crediting them for a teaser or a look and saying 'thank you'.

I'm almost at 2, one game closer to 300 so I can deep breath and relax a little. Are you guys enjoying the Event? I
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    ktownclerkktownclerk Registered Users 6 Posts
    Is anyone having problems getting the game to load? 2 days and I am getting withdrawls!
  • Options
    Whoops sorry about that Koko :(

Anyone know what event these shoes came from? They look familiar
    fMBcLjM.jpg
    You can call me SONIA
    GC name is snowrice
    KKH Doll is Trixie
    K&K Doll is Lexie
  • Options
    bladeoo wrote: »
    Whoops sorry about that Koko :(

Anyone know what event these shoes came from? They look familiar
    fMBcLjM.jpg

Oh! Ikr?? I got those in the first weekday throwback event! It was right on the tip
    of my tongue what event they were from, but I couldn't for the life of me name it, I so forgot. I'd also like to know because what exactly went with them??