Options

Weekend Event 6/17/16 We're Having a Party ~North's 3rd Birthday & Father's Day Too!

18910111214Next

Comments

• Options
    isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    Happy belated bday Vats!!! I actually remembered when I first joined the forum you were the first person to help me out. Until this day we've remained friends since then.
    14326.gif

I'm really disappointed with this week's event. It's so difficult to complete. My new doll couldn't do none of the gigs since she has no babies yet, so it's more a challenge to complete the event on my new game. And I've realized when I checked inside of my new doll's photobooth, I don't have the mermaid background on my new game which sucks.:(

Aw, Carol, I'm sorry. You get the mermaid bg after you do first thing for Kim--or maybe just after she calls you? God it seems like a minute, can't believe I already forgot! If I could share mine with you, I'd do it in a heartbeat. I don't know why they worked it this way. The only thing you even needed a nursery for was the decorations, which Kim said to go there and check them out. The rest, neither the nursery *or* a baby was required. I suppose you "needed" a nursery so you could buy all the decorations. I did finally cave on buying them, they were very cute. I posted a collage that has in it two pics of all the decorations I'd picked. There was a choice of three each. In one of the two event threads. Can't remember that either, omg! I bought mostly the ones that cost kash, some stars--didn't want the plain children's party table. I'm so sorry, doll. I don't know they couldn't find a way to include everyone.

Now let me mention the guys' event. There was soooo much they could've done with earnables and gift boxes for a seafaring, ocean-beachy-inspired event. Classic nautical styles such as the white tee with thin blue, horizontal stripes or a white polo shirt with wider horizontal navy stripes. Could also be in navy with red stripes, etc. Boat shoes (also known as deck shoes and more popularly, Topsiders), in navy or navy and white--something different from what's already in the wardrobe. Navy blue or red belted shorts--NO cuffs and just below the knee. I see guys on the street with the new shorter shorts and think it really looks pretty stupid. (No offense intended to anyone.) I know the events have been giving guys shorts lately, so could've been regular-length navy or white belted pants. And a couple of pieces that *were* in the event, such as the suit jacket/sport coat (yes "sport," no "s")/blazer--sorry, I only saw it once so don't remember exactly what it was. White or navy blazer with a made-up insignia, such as with a "K" in the middle of it. Aloha shirts. Beachy hairstyle. Flip flops or other, in a color--or colors--pulled from the Aloha shirt. There's plenty else, nothing had to be mer-inspired. Just nautical. Just beach. Oh well.
  • Options
    LenochkaLenochka Registered Users 179 Posts
    Happy Birthday Vats!!!!
    Wishing you all the best, hope you had an amazing day! (Edit: lol hope next year you have an amazing day. I posted it then read the thread.)
    AsYc79wXLUemA.gif
    YTbZzCkRQCEJa.gif
    My Doll's Name is 🌸Kara🌸
    Level 42 - A+++
    Platform: iOS
  • Options
    KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    So last night I was about to throw one more party and then let my eyes close when I accidentally hit 8 hr party, ugh. Needless to say put a good dent into it and only needed the last 100 today. Did a party early and went back to sleep then got up and did the 3rd event which put me well over!

Of course now I'm gonna rest and not look at this game again for at least a day lol
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • Options
    MegannitaMegannita Registered Users 284 Posts
    ofortuna wrote: »
    I agree, this was hard to finish, I feel like parties in general require so much energy now! Getting a bonus star would've helped loads!

This is just my dumb little theory, but do you guys think they made the parties take more energy because the "Perk Points" or whatever they're called increased our max energy? Just a thought I had.
    You remind me of the babe...
  • Options
    AmyTAmyT Registered Users 1,164 Posts
    C'mon are you kidding me?!!! I have to do another party for ONE event point! Ahhhh!!! :( I want to go to sleep! At least I get the hair, but I'll have to do the whole party unless I want my party achievement set to zero. Why oh why did they take away the bonus star??

56728F7B-8CC2-42DD-A071-65BCD6EF237F_zpsobyojkyq.png
    Top 20 +++
    My doll's name is Madison :)
    (~~ one cat short of crazy! ~~)

iOS player ~~ GC AmyTMadison
    Pm me if you'd like to add Madison on Facebook :)

#fangsforNai
  • Options
    AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    AmyT I feel your pain. It happened to me this morning, too. It was still early so I waited a few hours to tap on my pets and got that one last star! I'm happy for you being able to get the hair. Love it! I'm sure you have already figured out a solution to finish the party. If I were super tired and had no energy left, I would do an 8 hr party to get the last point from one of the guests. Go to bed and set up an alarm to get up the next day with full energy bolts to finish the party if I don't want to lose the party pro achievement. Have a good rest! :)
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    I got the 'need one point' too. I thought my fingers would drop off. I tried clicking around, hoping for one more point from a pet, but I finished another party. The energy required for the Calabasas party is definitely higher. I'm sure we 'catalogued' how many it used to take. I remember with 43 energy, I could finish a 3 hour party with a few more left. Now I have 45 energy and it def takes more.

My fingers are numb. I think I tapped more for this than others, but maybe a lot of it was because AppleP couldn't start for a whiole. But, I really love the hair, and the dress is awesome. :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    AmyT I feel your pain. It happened to me this morning, too. It was still early so I waited a few hours to tap on my pets and got that one last star! I'm happy for you being able to get the hair. Love it! I'm sure you have already figured out a solution to finish the party. I would do an 8 hr party to get the last point from one of the guests. Go to bed then get up to finish the party the next day. Have a good rest! :)

Ah, but you want to do the 3hr party. Because it shouldn't take more than 10 minutes to finish that party depending on how much energy she had, and how much running around she had to do if she needed just a little more. Plenty of tappables in Cali though, and she would've been in Calabasas. If she had no energy left, oh noooooo!!! Could be an hour to finish. And I think Amy has max max max energy capacity. Guessing she'd just finished and was pretty low on bolts though, though. This event I had to keep running out to get 8 bolts. Every single party. That was so weird. Also, she's in the U.K. By U.S. East Coast time (sorry, the only gauge I have 'cause I don't know where in the world you are!), yeah, it was already around 10:30 pm when she wrote that. It's weird though, you know, I had to get *two* points to finish myself.
  • Options
    AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    I thought I was tired of the reality show gigs (Professional gig weekend, Reality show weekend, VIP weekend and all the Mid-week TB events) and wanted to do something different. After this party weekend, I miss doing reality shows already. Please keep giving us mid-week throw back events!!
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Gosh that one point thing happened several times to me, way annoying!

Thank you so much Stardust, Carol and Lenochka!

Carol you're looking awesome on your new avatar pic!

So the second gig thing was fixed for good? Any Android can tell me that?

Don't want to start a gig and loose my achivement stuff tomorrow...
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    So what do we think next week is? The 2nd anniversary is soon IIRC or will we get a dating event hopefully? My husband has been suffering this past month & a half because of throwback boxes and deserves some 1 on 1 time
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • Options
    KeemKeem Registered Users 357 Posts
    Sorry I'm late! Happy belated Birthday, vats!
    Andrzej_S. wrote: »
    So what do we think next week is? The 2nd anniversary is soon IIRC or will we get a dating event hopefully? My husband has been suffering this past month & a half because of throwback boxes and deserves some 1 on 1 time

Ive been hoping dating event every week... we sure are due one! Maybe they will fix android spouses to pay for dates again with the event too!
  • Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Thanks Vats!:)
    Vats wrote: »

Carol you're looking awesome on your new avatar pic!

This is a late post but I'm not sad that I didn't win the unicorn ombrè hair. I just don't like how it looked on my dolls skin complexion. I would've wanted the necklace but oh well. I haven't had the best of luck in awhile though.
    2wf5nig.jpg
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    SassyVoguetteSassyVoguette Registered Users 1,510 Posts
    This was event from hell! With all the glitches and my trip, I was able to finish this morning at 4.30 AM, just half an hour before the event was over.. No need to say I feel like s h i t today at work lol but I had to had that hair!

And yes, parties take a lot more energy now, which is not FAIR at all GLU! Why are they doing it so hard?? UGH, I feel so frustrated today, I don't think I'll play these couple of days, my fingers hurt from all the tapping!
    In hour and a half I obtained the last 200 points for the hair.. talk about tapping!
    Vats has my heart. Forever. 💕

iOS
    07/2014 
  • Options
    isabeau wrote: »
    Ah, but you want to do the 3hr party. Because it shouldn't take more than 10 minutes to finish that party depending on how much energy she had, and how much running around she had to do if she needed just a little more. Plenty of tappables in Cali though, and she would've been in Calabasas. If she had no energy left, oh noooooo!!! Could be an hour to finish. And I think Amy has max max max energy capacity. Guessing she'd just finished and was pretty low on bolts though, though. This event I had to keep running out to get 8 bolts. Every single party. That was so weird. Also, she's in the U.K. By U.S. East Coast time (sorry, the only gauge I have 'cause I don't know where in the world you are!), yeah, it was already around 10:30 pm when she wrote that. It's weird though, you know, I had to get *two* points to finish myself.

Yeah I did a 3 hour gig, Lori :) it was annoying that I got the hair after inviting my 1st guess but at least I finished in the end.

I agree with everyone, making the parties harder to complete was a bad move. And especially this weekend when there were so many glitches at the beginning. I'm not surprised that so many people had trouble finishing. But I hope everyone managed to enjoy the event despite this and get the clothes they wanted <3
    Top 20 +++

#fangsforNai
  • Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    This was event from hell! With all the glitches and my trip, I was able to finish this morning at 4.30 AM, just half an hour before the event was over.. No need to say I feel like s h i t today at work lol but I had to had that hair!

And yes, parties take a lot more energy now, which is not FAIR at all GLU! Why are they doing it so hard?? UGH, I feel so frustrated today, I don't think I'll play these couple of days, my fingers hurt from all the tapping! For 1.30 h I obtained the last 200 points for the hair.. talk about tapping!

Same here. I've just completed the event in less than 1 hr too within the timer on my games. I was stressed out to the fullest. I really wanted to slack this weekend but I just couldn't miss the opportunity to grind for that spectacular fishtail starfish hairstyle. I honestly thought that I wasn't gonna finish the event though and I was thinking about to stop once I've earned the dress.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Hahahaha a bunch of us had the same fate! The game is so cunning!

I could just tap the friend action and sleep but I wouldn't be happy ruining my achievements.

nGSjqKu.png

Amy you're a trooper! You did more than 300 points in 10 hours! Congrats :o
    PM to add
  • Options
    I think we deserve an award for completing the event....with all the glitches. 3 games, one delayed, my fingers hurt. Congratulations to the marathon tappers. When I'm curring it close, I convince myself that if I need to I'll buy energy to finish, but that only happened once. And of course, this was not a week where a few of the games didn't care about the last prize...but OMG that hair. We all had to have it.

Amy....Amaze***** doll. Amaze*****. And what was it, with so many of us landing on 599?

Can anyone recall (or look up in our party threads) how much energy it used to take for a 3 hour in Calabasas? 28 for the 7 guests, and I recall doing an 8Energy task, and boom I was done. Is that right? Before we complain about the increase, I'd love to know exactly what it was. This event was the 28, + at least 16 more. So....I'm thinking 8? and that is 2/3s of an hour more energy.

I was disappointed that we put together the whole party then Kim meets us at the door, and says thank you, now leave. It reminds me of being invited to my nephews confirmation, going to the church, going back to the house, and being told "Ok, we're going to dinner, so as soon as you leave........."
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    I think it's about 5 extra energy energy on top of all the friend action. So... 33 energy.

Well that was way back last year, some months later they tweaked it a little harder. Now it's even harder I think.

Now I have to do 8 + 4 + 2 + 1 energy, that is if I'm lucky. Or you could just do 8 + 8 energy, or 8 + 4 + 4 energy. All depending on which action pops up.

Too much numbers? Ok now it takes about 43-44 energy.

I also wanted to say...

Glu, do you despise us childless mothers/fathers? We don't get the mermaid background? Why? Why you make me sad?

HsaT2b2.gif
    PM to add
  • Options
    As far as not getting the event if you didn't have babies, were you still able to work for the prizes if you're childless? I'm trying to figure out if it was just the Event tasks that were missing. THat stinks but it's not as bad as no event whatsoever.

Glu is sorry about the trouble we had this weekend. They tried to add more elements, and encountered unforseen problems. But, in fixing them, they discovered what to do in the future. So while this was a harder, glitch filled event...it's enabling Glu to fix the process for future events.

Vats. I'm working on your party pic and hope to have it this afternoon.......but would you post a pic on the light xo background so I can put our guest of honor in the picture. Your next birthday will be fabulous. I can feel it.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    I think we deserve an award for completing the event....with all the glitches. 3 games, one delayed, my fingers hurt. Congratulations to the marathon tappers. When I'm curring it close, I convince myself that if I need to I'll buy energy to finish, but that only happened once. And of course, this was not a week where a few of the games didn't care about the last prize...but OMG that hair. We all had to have it.

Amy....Amaze***** doll. Amaze*****. And what was it, with so many of us landing on 599?

Can anyone recall (or look up in our party threads) how much energy it used to take for a 3 hour in Calabasas? 28 for the 7 guests, and I recall doing an 8Energy task, and boom I was done. Is that right? Before we complain about the increase, I'd love to know exactly what it was. This event was the 28, + at least 16 more. So....I'm thinking 8? and that is 2/3s of an hour more energy.

I was disappointed that we put together the whole party then Kim meets us at the door, and says thank you, now leave. It reminds me of being invited to my nephews confirmation, going to the church, going back to the house, and being told "Ok, we're going to dinner, so as soon as you leave........."

"...thank you, now leave."

It was exactly that. I expected, I dunno, *something*. It really was not nice. And it was entirely rude. "Oh, you did a good job, but it could've been better,"?? Read: You kind of ruined my daughter's party. She says, oh yeah, thanks, but *she* would have done it a little differently?? Really? Good. Then go do it yourself and give my doll a better storyline that doesn't portray Kim as a selfish, ungrateful, cheap twit who used my doll as essentially a servant. My doll has to step and fetch, hiring *and* paying her own kash, because you knew if you picked the free services you wouldn't get whatever came at the end of the story. Which was nothing anyway. Pick the food, pick the decorations, pick this and pick that, and last--LAST!--pick the party planner? Really?? My doll WAS the party planner. Any mo*on picks a party planner FIRST. Stupid much? *Who organized *that* storyline??* So after blowing $200 kash each time I selected a service for Kim, instead of picking the free ones--I paid for North's whole birthday party! This could have been such a good and fun storyline. But it didn't end up that way. Just a bunch of stars, and some bonus stars (ooooooh!) what, maybe 60? And she says don't let the door hit ya on the way out? My doll and her babies didn't even get a c'mon let's all go to North's party! I didn't count the stars, just an estimate. Because *I had already finished the event by the time the last meeting with Kim rolled around.* So $140 kash. And nothing. My doll is NOT Kim's maid. And I feel she was in the end portrayed as meager and empty-headed, and lacking in any real gratitude, which is all just classless.

"...thank you, now leave."
  • Options
    AmyT wrote: »
    Yeah I did a 3 hour gig, Lori :) it was annoying that I got the hair after inviting my 1st guess but at least I finished in the end.

I agree with everyone, making the parties harder to complete was a bad move. And especially this weekend when there were so many glitches at the beginning. I'm not surprised that so many people had trouble finishing. But I hope everyone managed to enjoy the event despite this and get the clothes they wanted <3

I looked at the clock and saw it was just about 10:40 pm when you posted that, you'd had a weekend, and tomorrow being Monday thought, God, let the girl go to sleep!
  • Options
    LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    Glu is sorry about the trouble we had this weekend. They tried to add more elements, and encountered unforseen problems. But, in fixing them, they discovered what to do in the future. So while this was a harder, glitch filled event...it's enabling Glu to fix the process for future events.

I'm glad to hear that. This weekend was bad, but if it enables us to have a smoother experience in the future it kind of makes up for it.
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • Options
    And the unfortunate Party tweek? Maybe it was because it was for North's Birthday? Did we harp about that in Hookah? I think it deserves it. (That's the player in me talking. The one who said maybe it was North's Birthday is the peacemaker moderita. Let's go with the player and hit the Hookah with this issue. I'd like to think it was just another glitch that we didn't immediately identify and get fixed. lol.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Dear Mark Zuckerberg: Can you please reimburse me all the kash and stars I paid for North's birthday party, which I didn't even get to go to? If you do this for me you will see how I can bring about world peace in one week, and also feed all the hungry in three days.
  • Options
    Ahh, Nai and Koko I finished the last weekend gig not long after my first post with the screenshot so it was more like around 200 stars I needed, not 300. Lol although, Madison does claim to be superwoman, apparently stepping into her car or flying on her jet to places to harass pigeons or fire hydrants for energy is tiring work :D

Tough weekend! Yep, I finally finished at around 11.30pm ish, Lori. I'm sure I dreamt about mermaids due to grinding so much for the event lmao
    Top 20 +++

#fangsforNai
  • Options
    katiealexandraakatiealexandraa Registered Users 1,171 Posts
    I'm catching up on all of these comments after being away the last few days!

Congrats to everyone who finished the event and got good items in their boxes! And Vats, I hope you had a very happy birthday!!! :)

I'm trying to stop complaining, but I'm still disappointed by this weekend. As I said I would update you all when Glu got back to me, but they still haven't!!! It was a very busy weekend for me, and Friday morning was reserved for my grind time, and as we know us iOS users did not get the event until the afternoon, unfortunately there was just not enough time for me to get that pretty side braid :( I'm still sad, was less than 150 points away! Not to mention that my weekend gigs were never triggered... Which might not have been a bad thing after reading the comments about all of the glitches/how bad the story line was.

Anyways, sorry if my posts have been so negative. Looking forward with more positivity!
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
    ♔ Instagram: katiealexandraa.kkh 
  • Options
    CilanCilan Registered Users 298 Posts
    I wrote in asking for compensation for the baby decorations. Glu told me that the compensation for buying the decorations was the event stars at the end... So they cannot do anything for me.

Well, if I knew that I would have only gotten stars and that the decorations will go away, I wouldn't have spent like 60 stars to get them and just bought the kash ones... Ugh. :(
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Cilan wrote: »
    I wrote in asking for compensation for the baby decorations. Glu told me that the compensation for buying the decorations was the event stars at the end... So they cannot do anything for me.

Well, if I knew that I would have only gotten stars and that the decorations will go away, I wouldn't have spent like 60 stars to get them and just bought the kash ones... Ugh. :(

Totally ugh! I'm sorry Cilan. I bought the kash ones, didn't had your loss, but the taste of seeing them go away wasn't that sweet too!

Now I have that second gig waiting for me on my list, I'm afraid to do it and loose my achievements if it's glitched...

Keem thanks!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    Cilan wrote: »

Ah Cilan. So sorry. Like Vats, I spent almost entirely game kash. I had a sneaky little feeling. Will these things we paid for even come back next year? And anyway, if we knew we were paying for event-star-points, I've got a feeling a lot of us would've said nahhhh, never mind. It was kind of deceptive. We do both *earn* and *pay for* stars, earn kash--none of it's just handed to us; we work for it. And me? I didn't even get all those stars till 56 mins--yes, 56 mins!--before the event was over. And I had already earned everything by then anyway. If I could split your outlay with you I would. Well, it looked really nice though, so there's that.:(