Monday: Anticipation for a lil Sumpin' Sumpin'? Tuesday 6/28*wink wink nudge nudge"

Comments

• kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    No. This Rapid recharge offer to the best of my knowledge is a random thing. It's not a glitch. But Glu is constantly testing things, so it could be VIP Subscription, perhaps not. I haven't seen a lot of people posting this, so I dont' think it's widespread.

However, if you think you have a glitch, you are welcome to contact Customer Care and ask them to look into it.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Jwilk100Jwilk100 Registered Users 130 Posts
    No. This Rapid recharge offer to the best of my knowledge is a random thing. It's not a glitch. But Glu is constantly testing things, so it could be VIP Subscription, perhaps not. I haven't seen a lot of people posting this, so I dont' think it's widespread.

However, if you think you have a glitch, you are welcome to contact Customer Care and ask them to look into it.

Ok thanks Koko, I haven only ever received a couple recharges and they haven't been recently. I was just hoping I wasn't the only one without it. It took Glu several days (5 to be exact) to answer my first complaint about not getting the event a couple weeks ago so I don't think I'll be contacting them about this.
  • tia_blesttia_blest Registered Users 65 Posts
    Hi Koko. I don't know if anyone else has complained, I just updated my game to the new version and it has removed my throwback event. Any idea why that would happen?
  • NQueen331NQueen331 Registered Users 577 Posts
    tia_blest wrote: »
    Hi Koko. I don't know if anyone else has complained, I just updated my game to the new version and it has removed my throwback event. Any idea why that would happen?

Apparently we weren't suppose to get a TB event this week and the new update removed it. Those that didn't update their games still got the TB event through a glitch somehow. To be honest you were better off updating after you finish your event, but you couldn't have know as I assume you haven't been on the forum all day.
    Follow me on Instagram: @kkh.nubianqueen331
    If you would like to add me on Facebook please PM me.iOS Doll Name: Neko Lyon
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
    Reality Show: Life of a Lyonness (Top 400)
    Spouse: Max Mason (Top 50 Couples)
    If you do not like that the 40 K star gift boxes contain $4,000 Kash as a "prize," please visit this thread and share your opinion HERE
  • bladeoobladeoo Registered Users 315 Posts
    Sorry I was super busy today. Here are the screenshots but I know they don't help much

FyL5PSd.jpg
    JwMjh9W.jpg

And since I can't change my username on here, you guys can call me Sonia (it's my name lol)

-SONIA :)
    You can call me SONIA
    GC name is snowrice
    KKH Doll is Trixie
    K&K Doll is Lexie
    :cool:
  • tia_blesttia_blest Registered Users 65 Posts
    NQueen331 wrote: »
    Apparently we weren't suppose to get a TB event this week and the new update removed it. Those that didn't update their games still got the TB event through a glitch somehow. To be honest you were better off updating after you finish your event, but you couldn't have know as I assume you haven't been on the forum all day.

Thanks NQueen - indeed I haven't been on all day. Hope we get a throwback event next week. :)
  • trangietrangie Registered Users 29 Posts
    Am I missing something here? I haven't received a call about product placement (Simon did say he would be looking out for them) :( I have done a few reality shows after he said that but so far... nothing.
  • SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    Hi Trangie nice to meet you :). As I understand it, you have to do 8 hour reality gigs and not just at Calabasas, but other homes that are offered as well. However I've done more than 10 gigs already and still have received a product placement so maybe I'm doing something wrong :/
    trangie wrote: »
    Am I missing something here? I haven't received a call about product placement (Simon did say he would be looking out for them) :( I have done a few reality shows after he said that but so far... nothing.
  • RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Registered Users 1,599 Posts
    If this was a Throwback event I would be on my third giftbox now. No product placement call.
    This is so boring!
    And for what?
    I was so excited about the update. And it came 13 hours later than others got it. But without receiving the TB... Of course.
    So Kim wants 10 k stars to help funding For Real...
    If we don't pay probably all goes downhill. Now we have to pay to work..
    Sorry you guys but I 'm not having as much fun as I used to have.
    Android
  • VidaBohemeVidaBoheme Registered Users 229 Posts
    If this was a Throwback event I would be on my third giftbox now. No product placement call.
    This is so boring!
    And for what?
    I was so excited about the update. And it came 13 hours later than others got it. But without receiving the TB... Of course.
    So Kim wants 10 k stars to help funding For Real...
    If we don't pay probably all goes downhill. Now we have to pay to work..
    Sorry you guys but I 'm not having as much fun as I used to have.

i didn't pay for kim and the story ended up fine with me. I think it was kinda dumb though that the gig was available at that moment, I hate gigs that start like that.
    no, if you don't pay you do a fundraising with Grace, and I believe it's all taken care of that way. I chose the appearance, but, when you choose the appearance from Simon, the clock starts. So....don't talk to Simon till you're ready to do a gig. I waited till this morning, when Apple was full, and all the pets were ready to give love and energy.

I might spend the 10Stars in one of the other games, just to see if the end result is different. But as I understood it, if you don't get Kim , you just work, get 5 Stars in the Tribeca appearance and that equals paying the 10.

Did anyone Pay the 10 Stars?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • KadieKadie Registered Users 23 Posts
    image.png
    Kadie, I fixed your picture.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • AmyTAmyT Registered Users 1,164 Posts
    I paid the 10 Kstars and when you begin the gig at Tribeca, you are given 1 and a half blue stars filled in the time meter along with the gold star bonus (if you usually get it), if that makes sense? In other words, you only have to fill a further 2 and a half stars on the time meter for that 8 hour gig, so it's more like a 4 hour gig.
    Top 20 +++
    My doll's name is Madison :)
    (~~ one cat short of crazy! ~~)

iOS player ~~ GC AmyTMadison
    Pm me if you'd like to add Madison on Facebook :)

#fangsforNai
  • trangietrangie Registered Users 29 Posts
    SugarK wrote: »
    Hi Trangie nice to meet you :). As I understand it, you have to do 8 hour reality gigs and not just at Calabasas, but other homes that are offered as well. However I've done more than 10 gigs already and still have received a product placement so maybe I'm doing something wrong :/

Same, I've been doing random 8hr shows without getting any placement calls :( Definitely not just Calabasas.
    AmyT wrote: »
    I paid the 10 Kstars and when you begin the gig at Tribeca, you are given 1 and a half blue stars filled in the time meter along with the gold star bonus (if you usually get it), if that makes sense? In other words, you only have to fill a further 2 and a half stars on the time meter for that 8 hour gig, so it's more like a 4 hour gig.

Thanks so much for that. I'll keep the stars and do the full gigs.

About the support message, that's basically how it was explained to me, but I've been assured that Throwbacks are not over, Glu felt the event wasn't necessary because the update was ready on time, so they removed it. There won't be an event every week, so we'll either find out from people on Insta who look for teasers , or we'll find out at 5:00AM Tuesday. Question, now that you know there isn't an event every midweek....are you going to get up and wait for a possible event , or are you going to stay in bed and look when you get up?

Hey, anyone want another poll? If someone comes up with a viable question for the poll, lets do one. We don't need Midweek events to have fun.

***crickets
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    AmyT wrote: »

Makes totally sense Amy!
    Thanks Vida & Koko!
    Now I know what to do. I am not afraid of the extra work, nothing else to do for my doll anyway.
    Android
  • KadieKadie Registered Users 23 Posts
    Thank you, Koko! Haha, I just couldn't figure out how to make it bigger :confused:

Kinda bummed about this though, I really enjoyed the TB events :(
  • LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    To answer your poll Koko, I'll still be on the lookout on Tuesdays but the event starts at 11AM for me so I wouldn't exactly say I get up just to play.
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,492 Posts
    I'm kinda happy that the TB events have stopped for now. I'm probably alone with that opinion, but I really needed a break from all the events. Those TB events are soooo exhausting! I got some great items from them, but I'm glad to finally catch a breath :D
    There are a lot of people who are unlucky with giftboxes, getting only energy and kash and missing out on those great items. Chasing things and never get what they want. Think about Vats' hair!
    I don't understand how someone can be glad there are no more TB events. If you are tired of grinding - don't do it! Nobody forces you to do so.
    For me Throwbacks are the most fun of all!
    Android
  • ticisssticisss Banned Users 811 Posts
    Don't worry guys, last night I got my first product placement after doing LOTS of 8 hours of my reality show. It's totally random.
    I will say something, not trying to be rude, but when the midweek events happen, they are optional and if someone wants a midweek vacay in Lick Skillet, Tennessee, they can opt to not earn prizes, and ignore the event.. But isn't it nicer to have the option so that people who want to work for prizes can, while you are not being forced to do the event?
    Or do you mean if there is an event going on, optional or not, you can't stay away? Yup, addicted just like the rest of us. :) This game is very addicting.

I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I will say something, not trying to be rude, but when the midweek events happen, they are optional and if someone wants a midweek vacay in Lick Skillet, Tennessee, they can opt to not earn prizes, and ignore the event.. But isn't it nicer to have the option so that people who want to work for prizes can, while you are not being forced to do the event?
    Or do you mean if there is an event going on, optional or not, you can't stay away? Yup, addicted just like the rest of us. :) This game is very addicting.

Well said Koko!
    Android
  • VidaBohemeVidaBoheme Registered Users 229 Posts

Too addicting... I can't not if it's right in front of me, no self control!

Hello, I'm Vida Bohéme and I'm a KKH addict.
    c.6.bed-and-breakfast-in-lick-skillet-tennessee.staysfinder.2.p.jpg

I've been through the town. :) My brother immediately called it Butt Lick Tennessee. Imagine driving with 2 kids in the car going Butt Lick till we hit home. That might have been out last car trip. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • haftimehaftime Registered Users 970 Posts
    In an effort to start a conversation b/c we have no TB this week... does anybody else always put on an ugly item you won in a box as soon as you get it? Even if the thing is super ugly, I'll put my doll in it just to see if I can make it work somehow, or just for laughs. Since I'll probably never reach for it in my closet again, it's one way to ensure an item isn't "wasted!"
    My doll's name is Everly Rook, I play on iOS, and I'm on FB at facebook.com/everly.rook. 
  • bladeoobladeoo Registered Users 315 Posts
    haftime wrote: »
    In an effort to start a conversation b/c we have no TB this week... does anybody else always put on an ugly item you won in a box as soon as you get it? Even if the thing is super ugly, I'll put my doll in it just to see if I can make it work somehow, or just for laughs. Since I'll probably never reach for it in my closet again, it's one way to ensure an item isn't "wasted!"

I sure have! Like when I got this gem of a hairstyle in a daily gift box lol

BMJnpXE.jpg
    You can call me SONIA
    GC name is snowrice
    KKH Doll is Trixie
    K&K Doll is Lexie
    :cool:
  • haftimehaftime Registered Users 970 Posts
    bladeoo wrote: »
    I sure have! Like when I got this gem of a hairstyle in a daily gift box lol

BMJnpXE.jpg
    That hairstyle looks way better when the doll is doing that pose, though! You can't see all the mullet-y business going on in the back!
    My doll's name is Everly Rook, I play on iOS, and I'm on FB at facebook.com/everly.rook. 
  • AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    trangie wrote: »
    Same, I've been doing random 8hr shows without getting any placement calls :( Definitely not just Calabasas.

It's totally random. I have two games. One got it by just doing ONE 8hr show, the other got it after doing NINE 8hr shows all in Calabasas. So, I don't think you have to do it in different places.

The product placement rewards are not that great anyway. I'm just going to do as many shows as I can in the week that I get the product placement to max out that "hype it up" achievement. Other than that doing reality shows in Calabasas would still save you more energy if you want to earn the rewards on top shows list faster.
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.