v5.2.0 Update 6/29/2016

Demi911Demi911 Registered Users 24 Posts
Would someone please explain the new updates for me. Thank you! Demi :)
Prev1

Comments

• NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Grabbed some useful info for you from NQueen and Angeline. They explained it well, don't think I'll need to add anything further.
    NQueen331 wrote: »
    TSC2yr8l.jpg

There are a few interesting things that came with the new upgrade. One is the ability to have product placements in your reality TV shows by 5 starring 8hr reality gigs and they added a Top Shows list with Pass to Collect rewards. I went through it and saw Willow has a show called You Just Got Willowed (rolls eyes) and Ray's show is number one. And you can also own a club in Reykjavik for 50 K stars and can earn 5 K Stars and 2850 kash a week, but you have to buy a DJ both for 35 K Stars, VIP section for 25 K Stars, and do 3 different gigs at the club to do so. Do you guys think that it is worth it. There's no new house.
    Hi, This is how I understand based on my experience so far on this new product placement. You don't "have to" do your reality shows in that particular home where you got the placement until that week expired. You would have already received your rewards (1 K Star and $250 Kash) right after Simon's phone call (see my previous picture post). It's just if you choose to do the reality show in that product placement home, you will get an additional task related to the product. It takes 3 energy bolts and you will get 4 blue stars and some Kash and level up points like other tasks. That product related task will reappear in 30 minutes. :)

Edit: Thanks to bladeoo for the information:
    -- "The product task appeared again within minutes after clicking on other tasks."
    -- "It also activates a "hype it up" achievement when you click on it."

image.jpg
    PM to add
    More from Angeline!
    I did an 8-hr reality show on both Angeline's and Jon's games.
    Jon got the first product placement right away.
    :)

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
    PM to add
    And if you want to see the cutie polar bear.
    AmyT wrote: »
    Madison casually walking her pet polar bear around Mykonos. As you do. Nothing odd about this pic at all lol

15ABE1AB-6316-40A4-859D-77592FFFB7F1_zps7osnf3ib.jpg

I love this bear so much! Maybe even more than my KKH cats....
    isabeau wrote: »
    isabeau and Iceberg, taking a walk near Icing, in...Iceland. (What can I say? It just happened. Yay, I have a baby polar bear!)

image_zpspe0w291r.jpeg
    PM to add
  • Khaleesi89Khaleesi89 Registered Users 34 Posts
    The last achievement on the list is real run-in: who needs to film in the studio? Take it to the streets !
    but there's no option to do the reality show outside the house..could that be the next update !??
    Queen Khaleesi slaying with 1.0 Billion fans ! 👸🏽💕
  • Demi911Demi911 Registered Users 24 Posts
    How does the Top Shows list with Pass to Collect rewards work? Thank you!
  • katiealexandraakatiealexandraa Registered Users 1,171 Posts
    Demi911 wrote: »
    How does the Top Shows list with Pass to Collect rewards work? Thank you!

You earn viewers by filming episodes of your reality show (going to Hollywood > Mirimount Pictures > talking to the guy with the camera & picking a house to film in - Calabasas is best). Then, when you get a certain amount of viewers, you will move up on the Top Shows list and can collect any rewards you pass in the process!

Hope that helps :)
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
    ♔ Instagram: katiealexandraa.kkh 
    Khaleesi89 wrote: »
    The last achievement on the list is real run-in: who needs to film in the studio? Take it to the streets !
    but there's no option to do the reality show outside the house..could that be the next update !??

When you travel around to different places, there's a chance of meeting (run-in) other celebs/characters. You'll need to click their conversation, and you have 3 replies. Choosing any of the reply will give you cash and XP, sometimes energy and KStar. Getting 1 KStar is pretty rare actually.
    PM to add
    Thank you for all your help! Have a great day!
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    In FAQs they say:

What are Reality Run-Ins?

Once you start your own reality show, there is a chance you’ll run into other celebrities when you’re out and about. Chat them up and you could win cash, energy, XP, or even k-stars!

I always find the Run-ins if I leave a reality show taping to tap for more energy. I'll try and keep track if I get them during other gigs, or not. If you notice, post it for us.

There are a few different achievements for these reality shows, and the FAQs have been redone, there are sections for all these new features. Type in Reality Show, or Walk ins, and a pleathora of informative pages are there. With the game ever changing, thes pages can be your best friends.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    4d02d347-0409-4080-bfe0-bccc21779768_zpsbsnipai5.jpg

So, you do reality shows (must it be 8 hours?) and pass people to gain prizes.

Thank you everyone for posting the shots and explaining it so well for those of us who are taking baby steps. :)

This was after the 8 hour gig that opened the Top Shows for me. Next gig, I'll probably shoot the show.

There are so many new ways for prizes.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I merged the Update thread which contained extensive info on the Reality Run ins and Top SHows, and the Reality Run in thread. I think it went well, sorry for any confustion. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Thank you!
    Ok after reading all the posts I am a bit confused. After going to the FAQs page it says that Simon will notify me when to start my reality shows and my product placements will be an added feature. Please correct me if I am wrong. I have not been notified of a reality show yet and someone said to go to Miramount in Hollywood to start the reality show. I tried an 8 hour show which took me to LA home (it did not give me a choice of homes) and it did not work. It is a bit confusing and I appreciate all your help with this. I can't thank you enough!
  • amberxsapphireamberxsapphire Registered Users 22 Posts
    I haven't received the product placements but I've already done 2-3 8h reality shows and calabasses?
  • ButtielButtiel Registered Users 106 Posts
    Demi911, can you elaborate on 'it didn't work'? You definitely did the reality show correctly. It doesn't let you pick which house to do it in -- however, if you click 'Not right now', and then try again, it'll give you a different location. Or well, you could get unlucky and get the same one again, but technically it's randomized and goes through the Cali houses you own. You just keep trying till you get the one you want.
    If this was your first reality show, you might have to do another one to trigger product placement though? Simon will call you and tell you about product placements, and tell you to do 8h shows to get them. But if you don't get that call, I'd say that's definitely not normal.

amberxsapphire, product placements are random. You don't get one just for doing an 8h show, you gotta keep doing them and hope for the best. I did 3 or 4 I think, and Simon called to offer me a product placement in a house I don't even own and didn't have the money to buy.
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    I always find the Run-ins if I leave a reality show taping to tap for more energy. I'll try and keep track if I get them during other gigs, or not. If you notice, post it for us.

I think they are completely random. I've gotten them leaving regular gigs either to tap more energy or when I'm done with them.
    Ok after reading all the posts I am a bit confused. After going to the FAQs page it says that Simon will notify me when to start my reality shows and my product placements will be an added feature. Please correct me if I am wrong. I have not been notified of a reality show yet and someone said to go to Miramount in Hollywood to start the reality show. I tried an 8 hour show which took me to LA home (it did not give me a choice of homes) and it did not work. It is a bit confusing and I appreciate all your help with this. I can't thank you enough!

If you guys give me a minute, I saved each screen of this dialogue. Hang on I'll get them Unfortunately, It's on my ipad and my ipad doesn't like to share it's photos. brb
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary

To do reality shows, yes you have to go to Mirimount in Hollywood and talk to the film crew. If he gives you a home you don't want to do your show in, click "Not right now..." then talk to him again (and again and again) until you get a home you want. If you own a lot of homes, it can sometimes take a lot of tries.

About the product placements, Simon called to brief us, it was a pretty lengthy dialogue. You should be doing 8hr reality show(s) to try and trigger product placements. When you do get it, you can't choose the homes it'll appear in. If you don't own the house, Maria will offer you to buy the house.
    PM to add
  • AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    I haven't received the product placements but I've already done 2-3 8h reality shows and calabasses?

It's totally random. I have two games. One got it by just doing ONE 8hr show, the other got it after doing NINE 8hr shows. I did them all in Calabasses for energy bolt efficiency reason. After you have a chance to receive Simon's call regarding the product placement, he will tell you which home you will have the product for a week. You get 1 Kstar & $250 Kash right after the phone call (See pictures on post #3 in this thread). Then you can go to that specific home to film your reality shows to earn a new achievement called "hype it up" (it's on the achievement list in the right bottom corner of your game, also see pictures on post #2 in this thread). At this point, you can shoot 3hr or 8hr shows, they both gain viewers so that you can earn the rewards on the "Top Shows List"(picture on post #11). I know it's a little bit complicated. I hope you guys understand the way I explain it. Have fun! :)
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
    Buttiel wrote: »
    amberxsapphire, product placements are random. You don't get one just for doing an 8h show, you gotta keep doing them and hope for the best. I did 3 or 4 I think, and Simon called to offer me a product placement in a house I don't even own and didn't have the money to buy.

Oh ... That's not nice, Simon! :p Both of my games got their first offer at Downtown LA apartment which everyone got it for free.
    Well ... I found the product placement rewards not that great anyway. No rush. :)
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    Oh ... That's not nice, Simon! :p Both of my games got their first offer at Downtown LA apartment which everyone got it for free.
    Well ... I found the product placement rewards not that great anyway. No rush. :)

I know right? I'm so bitter! :rolleyes: I kinda feel like that shouldn't be an option. It's like the people over at Immaculat Vodka just went "Hey... you should advertise our product in some house in San Diego that's currently for sale!" Who does that?!? :p
    Completely agree about the rewards though. I appreciate Glu giving us some opportunities to get K-Stars, but I doubt I'll have much interest in this feature once the omg-look-at-the-new-thing-hype dies off.
    Thank you everyone!
  • inging Registered Users 54 Posts
    Is this update mobile only?
    Buttiel wrote: »
    I know right? I'm so bitter! :rolleyes: I kinda feel like that shouldn't be an option. It's like the people over at Immaculat Vodka just went "Hey... you should advertise our product in some house in San Diego that's currently for sale!" Who does that?!? :p
    Completely agree about the rewards though. I appreciate Glu giving us some opportunities to get K-Stars, but I doubt I'll have much interest in this feature once the omg-look-at-the-new-thing-hype dies off.

Errr.. house in San Diego is the most expensive one so far. Even if Maria offers luxe goal to buy properties, we only get 1 K Star for each property!
    I'm just gonna do as many shows as I can at the home I have the product placement this week to earn that "hype it up" achievement. I'm currently at "hype it up 4". (1 K Star for 1&2, 2 K Stars for 3&4, I hope it keeps going up.) Then I will focus on filming shows at my favorite location to earn those better rewards on the "Top Shows List". :)
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    Errr.. house in San Diego is the most expensive one so far. Even if Maria offers luxe goal to buy properties, we only get 1 K Star for each property!
    I'm just gonna do as many shows as I can at the home I have the product placement this week to earn that "hype it up" achievement. I'm currently at "hype it up 4". (1 K Star for 1&2, 2 K Stars for 3&4, I hope it keeps going up.) Then I will focus on filming shows at my favorite location to earn those better rewards on the "Top Shows List". :)

Exactly, which is why I haven't bought it yet. :x
    It's good to hear about the hype up achievement though, thanks! I wonder if it'll give out more than the usual ones, with the 10 K-Stars at the end. Gotta admit that's a pretty decent payout, and almost makes it sound worthwhile. Glu is definitely trying to give us a reason to do reality shows aside from the 3h Calabasas ones, and the Top Shows items are really nice. Since there's two different types of partnerships now, I wonder if they'll make more? Maybe something dating related, to spice that up?
  • NQueen331NQueen331 Registered Users 577 Posts
    Hey guys I just opened my game and got a mini update. Does anyone know what it was for?
    Follow me on Instagram: @kkh.nubianqueen331
    If you would like to add me on Facebook please PM me.iOS Doll Name: Neko Lyon
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
    Reality Show: Life of a Lyonness (Top 400)
    Spouse: Max Mason (Top 50 Couples)
    If you do not like that the 40 K star gift boxes contain $4,000 Kash as a "prize," please visit this thread and share your opinion HERE
  • JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    Hey guys I just opened my game and got a mini update. Does anyone know what it was for?

Probably the weekend event.
    Another question I have is for the Hype It Up achievement. Do we have to do the reality shows in the house where the product placement is to get the achievements and do they have to be 8hr shows or can they be 3hr?
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
    If you do not like that the 40 K star gift boxes contain $4,000 Kash as a "prize," please visit this thread and share your opinion HERE
  • SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    Hi NQueen :) Finally after 14 gigs I got a product placement!! It went in my Hollywood house so to get hype up option I have to do a reality show there but doesn't have to be 8 hours. I did a 3 hour and the option was there :)
    Another question I have is for the Hype It Up achievement. Do we have to do the reality shows in the house where the product placement is to get the achievements and do they have to be 8hr shows or can they be 3hr?
    Thanks Julesmo and SugarK!
    A++ Lister (Top 200)